Official L.A Lakers thread

February 05, 2009 @ 22:17:51
YES. I was so happy, there was like 3 little scruffles between palyers during this game. It was INTENSE. Good win over boston.
February 05, 2009 @ 22:18:19
love how LO didn't back down from KG trying to bully everyone,, cnt believe rondo tried to push kobe. and the replay really showed no foul on ray allen's 3,, pau + fish didn't touch him
February 05, 2009 @ 22:19:12
That was a foul.?)

You really think they're calling anything that isn't completely obvious with a minute left in OT? I didn't see much on it anyway, Fisher had an arm on him but didn't do much with it

Finally beat Boston at their place without Bynum, 2-0 for the season series, yeeeeeeees
February 05, 2009 @ 22:19:16
lets go!
February 05, 2009 @ 22:20:39
broke the 19 game w streak and their 12 game w streak smokeyface smokeyface
February 05, 2009 @ 22:24:07
That was a foul.?)

It was a block, my brotha.
February 05, 2009 @ 22:25:30
lakers did the damn thing tonite
February 05, 2009 @ 22:31:58
Man I hate Fisher and anyone who plays defense like that. He was floppin across the court the play before....anyway, it looked like a foul before the shot but I agree with the no call. Ray Allen slipped. tongueface

Doubleclutchhoops.com

February 05, 2009 @ 22:34:11
That was a BS call on KG, though. Sigggh. -_-
February 05, 2009 @ 22:34:20
Even ESPN said it, ref watched the replay again
"Definitely not touched"

GOOD WIN L.A.
On the end of back to back.
U got an exhuasted Kobe, plus a Bynum less team.

Great win, esp mentality if they meet up again

but at the end of the day only a reg. season win.
Celtics still the champs.

smokeyface
February 05, 2009 @ 22:34:56
If you actually break it down, you have:

Bynum out
Kobe being off his shooting game
bench struggling
pathetic free throw shooting
being out rebounded
and they still won.

they were nearly outplayed, but the fourth quarter showed that the Lakers are, in fact, for real. Home court advantage to LA if this is the finals
February 05, 2009 @ 22:40:02
Kobe mvp
February 05, 2009 @ 22:46:25
If you actually break it down, you have:

Bynum out
Kobe being off his shooting game
bench struggling
pathetic free throw shooting
being out rebounded
and they still won.

they were nearly outplayed, but the fourth quarter showed that the Lakers are, in fact, for real. Home court advantage to LA if this is the finals

For me the 2 things that really won it for the lakers: Kobes 3 straight 3 pointers in the last 5 min (no matter how off he was) and of course Pierce missing the free throw that probably would have gave them the 102-101 lead before overtime.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

February 05, 2009 @ 22:56:56
FUCK BOSTON AND THE CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND FUCK RONDO!!! LMAO TRYING TO START SHIT WITH KOBE!
February 05, 2009 @ 22:59:11
Rondo kinda resembles RuPaul. Might be the jawline?

He's a good player, but way too zealous to just push Kobe like that. Kobe gotta regulate on that.

For me the 2 things that really won it for the lakers: Kobes 3 straight 3 pointers in the last 5 min (no matter how off he was) and of course Pierce missing the free throw that probably would have gave them the 102-101 lead before overtime.

Yeah, those were great (especially that one that made it 101-100), but there were a few shots that were even questionable from a realistic basketball standpoint; double-team shots and twelve footers that are fadeaways from the pivot foot are much less likely to go down when playing the Celtics. He hit the shots that were desperately needed though, that's always convenient.
February 05, 2009 @ 23:04:01
FUCK NOT HAVING CABLE/DISH!!

good thing I have minute by minute stats on HB.
smokeyface
February 06, 2009 @ 00:11:28
Rondo kinda resembles RuPaul. Might be the jawline?

He's a good player, but way too zealous to just push Kobe like that. Kobe gotta regulate on that.

Yeah, those were great (especially that one that made it 101-100), but there were a few shots that were even questionable from a realistic basketball standpoint; double-team shots and twelve footers that are fadeaways from the pivot foot are much less likely to go down when playing the Celtics. He hit the shots that were desperately needed though, that's always convenient.

maybe a little bit of jiminy cricket too,, yeah that was uncalled for and i highly highly doubt he'd do that if he didn't have 3 all-stars around him.

yeah kobe took some really questionable shots down the stretch,, but good thing most of them were going in towards the end. only the mamba would pull something off like that given that situation
February 06, 2009 @ 00:11:30
The Cavs will be easier then this game. Lakers FTWsmokeyface
February 06, 2009 @ 00:28:27
...so disapointed in the celtics.

good game, lakers.
February 06, 2009 @ 00:34:52
...so disapointed in the celtics.

good game, lakers.

word. Good game, Lakes. Maybe next time. smh

SMH @ kobehead, though. No sportsmanship, whatsoever. |0
February 06, 2009 @ 00:35:17
Wow, what a game. Once again the Celtics/Lakers matchup turns out to be some of the greatest games of the season. I'm glad the Lakers were able to pull off this win- many people had their doubts. The Bynum injuries coupled with the recent dominance by the Celts (winning streak) got me worried. The Lakers played pretty shitty as well: Free throws were horrible!
February 06, 2009 @ 01:01:03

good game indeed,, it's cool this game would only matter if we had the same record @ the end of the season.
February 06, 2009 @ 12:38:33

your kidding right? some of the things you say dude.. lol..
February 06, 2009 @ 16:04:20
your kidding right? some of the things you say dude.. lol..

What exactly are you implying?

I'm talking about kobehead, the user on this forum. He posts mad stuff and talks mad ish about the C's in the Celtics thread. You don't see C's fans talking about ish on the Lakes forum. (directed @ kobehead if he's reading this, btw.)

And by next time, I mean maybe the Celtics will win against the Lakeshow next time. Who knows? You have to remember that we killed Lakes with a 39-pt. difference at Game 6 of last season.
February 06, 2009 @ 16:26:58
^ yeah i think nique possibly thought you were talking about the mamba and didn't see kobehead's posts on the c's thread,, could be wrong though.
February 06, 2009 @ 16:31:37
^ yeah i think nique possibly thought you were talking about the mamba and didn't see kobehead's posts on the c's thread,, could be wrong though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. NIQUE, I wasn't trying to offend Mamba, man, one of the greatest players on the planet, no doubt. I was talking about kobehead, a troll on this forum, like I said earlier. Just trying to clear that up.
February 06, 2009 @ 17:01:00
Yeah, I was thinking the same. NIQUE, I wasn't trying to offend Mamba, man, one of the greatest players on the planet, no doubt. I was talking about kobehead, a troll on this forum, like I said earlier. Just trying to clear that up.

Ahh my bad dude.. I thought u were referring to the real Kobe.
February 06, 2009 @ 17:04:47
Ahh my bad dude.. I thought u were referring to the real Kobe.

Lol, it's all good.
February 06, 2009 @ 23:05:21
rondo makes me sick
and whats wrong with what kobehead posted
its true
rondo needs to calm down and know where he stands
February 07, 2009 @ 00:05:14
Originally posted by Inactive User
Wow, what a game. Once again the Celtics/Lakers matchup turns out to be some of the greatest games of the season. I'm glad the Lakers were able to pull off this win- many people had their doubts. The Bynum injuries coupled with the recent dominance by the Celts (winning streak) got me worried. The Lakers played pretty shitty as well: Free throws were horrible!

missed free throws kept the celtics in the game. turnovers kept the lakers in the game. smh at sloopy basketball lolz.

X

Please login first to reply.
x