FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 23, 2009 @ 11:20 PM
kobehead

^ lmao,, yeah i had a feeling he probably thinks it's a waste of time lol. phil/kobe/shaq re-unite

Hopefully Shaq makes the all-star reserves so the reunion goes down.

Funny pic from yesterday's blowout win. WTF is Luke trying to grab? lol
January 23, 2009 @ 11:33 PM
mixtape_03

i love the camaraderie these guys have,, what is that blue thing trev is holding? ohh,, + phil is going to retire after next season. . wonder who's going to take the reigns
January 23, 2009 @ 11:52 PM
soulamazing.

Soooo, Feb. 5th is coming up. GL guys. b(^.^ )z
January 24, 2009 @ 12:38 AM
Ace.

Word GL too^
Should be another great game.
January 24, 2009 @ 12:41 AM
mixtape_03

Soooo, Feb. 5th is coming up. GL guys. b(^.^ )z

yeah,, should be interesting. although i will give this to you; boston crowd(forget the pre-garnett/allen era) is insanely louder than the staples crowd.
January 24, 2009 @ 01:01 AM
soulamazing.

Word GL too^
Should be another great game.

Word. I'm kinda nervous, but oh well. With Bynum and Bryant (and if Farmar possibly comes back), you guys are in good hands.
yeah,, should be interesting. although i will give this to you; boston crowd(forget the pre-garnett/allen era) is insanely louder than the staples crowd.

Lol, I never actually noticed that, but now that I think about it, it's true. Strange though, but true.
January 24, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
sargasm

i love the camaraderie these guys have,, what is that blue thing trev is holding? ohh,, + phil is going to retire after next season. . wonder who's going to take the reigns

I think he said he would take it a year at a time.

If anything happened with that position, I think Michael Cooper would make a good coach. He would definitely be a hard-ass on defense.
January 24, 2009 @ 02:28 AM
mixtape_03

I think he said he would take it a year at a time.

If anything happened with that position, I think Michael Cooper would make a good coach. He would definitely be a hard-ass on defense.

nm yeah he said 1 yr @ a time.

"One more year after this one with the Lakers," Jackson, 63, said in the interview with Magic Johnson. "Dr. Buss has insinuated that he would like me to coach longer, but I said, 'Let's just do one year at a time right now.' So that's what we're doing."

damn i forgot phil jack makes $10 mill per. . nice
January 25, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
Ace.

I don't think anyone in the West is on LA's level.
East on the other hand is another story..
January 25, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
sargasm

Solid win today, having everyone back healthy pays off. Farmar came out playing like he usually does, quickness didn't diminish or anything. Good game for the big men, the bench, everyone had a good performance. Kobe seems completely fine with his injured finger.

Big road trip coming ahead, not to mention the Lakers have more road games than any other team for the rest of the regular season. Just gotta keep this quality of play consistent.
January 25, 2009 @ 06:15 PM
JU$TIN

Solid win today, having everyone back healthy pays off. Farmar came out playing like he usually does, quickness didn't diminish or anything. Good game for the big men, the bench, everyone had a good performance. Kobe seems completely fine with his injured finger.

Big road trip coming ahead, not to mention the Lakers have more road games than any other team for the rest of the regular season. Just gotta keep this quality of play consistent.

today's game was boring, but glad we got the win. glad that farmar's knee injury didn't affect his game, he looked great.

I'm also really surprised that Kobe's finger isn't hindering his game at all, all I gotta say is tough. Kobe with 2 bad fingers on his shooting hand doesn't sit out, but Lebron sits out 5 games cos of a less serious finger injury to his non shooting hand? lol
January 25, 2009 @ 09:03 PM
mixtape_03

today's game was boring, but glad we got the win. glad that farmar's knee injury didn't affect his game, he looked great.

I'm also really surprised that Kobe's finger isn't hindering his game at all, all I gotta say is tough. Kobe with 2 bad fingers on his shooting hand doesn't sit out, but Lebron sits out 5 games cos of a less serious finger injury to his non shooting hand? lol

lol,, that's what separates kob from the rest
January 27, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
herb assassin.

charlotte today
January 27, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
mixtape_03

yeah,, hopefully this will be another blowout so kob + company can rest. so glad farmar is back,, he was solid his first game back. .

on another note,, guess who the president of the U.S. thinks is the best basketball player in the world??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWIOINaILKQ&eurl=http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106477&feature=player_embedded
January 27, 2009 @ 11:48 PM
JU$TIN

The fuck, why are we losing to the Bobcats?
January 28, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
J THRILLLAH

I'll be in LA in late April, and I'm wondering how much tickets would go for by then?

January 28, 2009 @ 12:36 AM
mixtape_03

I'll be in LA in late April, and I'm wondering how much tickets would go for by then?

they start to rise when postseason nears. . rly depends WHERE you want to sit + WHICH TEAM you want to see play them. those are two important factors in determining the price/ticket
January 28, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
Ace.

ughhhhhh.
January 28, 2009 @ 12:44 AM
mixtape_03

completely embarrassing. . 'cats choke + miss four ft's to end the fourth,, bynum had like 6 straight pts in OT then PHIL TAKES HIM OUT and puts in GASOL(who was the worst player tonight) + HAS LUKE INBOUND the ball(we all know he can nvr inbound the damn ball late in games) OH and odom leaving his man for the wide open 3 + trying to help out fisher down low WHEN YOU WANT them to take a TWO POINTER with a 3 pt lead!! confused

we're crap w/o kobe and this game displayed that

cannot sleep tonight,, shit
January 28, 2009 @ 01:36 AM
sargasm

Really frustrating game tonight. Lakers play like shit for 3 and a half quarters before they decide to finally capitalize on the Bobcats choking. Game goes to overtime, Kobe and Bynum get buck wild, but Kobe fouls out, which I thought was the symbolic end to the game. Sure this team is deep in talent, but when you lose your main man that late, it can fuck up any team's mentality when you lose the dependable leader.

Where the fuck was Ariza tonight? And how does Pau, one of the best FG% players on the team, go for like 5 of 16? Bench never really made an impact, coaching was very questionable (like mixtape said, why would you take out Bynum when he was getting every rebound and block on the defensive end), as you FOR SURE DO NOT put Walton in during a crisis like double overtime.

Don't know how you demolish the Spurs at home one day but can't beat Charlotte at home a couple days later.
January 28, 2009 @ 01:40 AM
mixtape_03

^ ariza went out early in the 2nd qrter he got a concussion after he ran into juwan howard's screen.

yeah i'm sick of phil's mind games,, he can't be THAT DUMB. . can he?! confused

freakin' lost like last 5/6 to the bobcats and like 5 ot's included. . ^ yeah man we're pretty much the brian cook/smush parker/mihm team full of scrubs when kobe's not on the floor. we have no brain out there. .
January 28, 2009 @ 01:41 AM
Ace.

Don't know how you demolish the Spurs at home one day but can't beat Charlotte at home a couple days later.

Just when it seems they're going 1 or 2 steps in the right direction,
they go back 4.
January 28, 2009 @ 01:56 AM
mixtape_03

they go back 4.

+ they got 22 of their next 31 on the road great.
January 28, 2009 @ 02:15 AM
sargasm

they go back 4.

While I do feel concerned after every loss, I just think this game was a fuck up on everyones part, from Kobe to Sasha to Phil. If you look at it, no one really had a good game at all except Bynum, and even though they played horrific they still sent into double OT.

The Lakers play a few relatively easy teams for half of this upcoming road trip, so they have to accumulate the wins they can get. On top of that, they've beaten Boston and Cleveland at home already; if they have enough discipline in them, they'll know they gotta step it up and apply what they've learned in a different environment. Home court advantage is great, but to be champions you have to play well on the road as well. I'm staying optimistic.

freakin' lost like last 5/6 to the bobcats and like 5 ot's included. . ^ yeah man we're pretty much the brian cook/smush parker/mihm team full of scrubs when kobe's not on the floor. we have no brain out there. .

I know what you mean dude, but I have to disagree. When Kobe's on the bench, the team still stays calm if they have a man who's an offensive threat (Pau, Farmar/Fisher), or a defensive beast (Bynum, Ariza). However, if you have Lamar, Sasha, and Walton on the floor at the same time, especially in a high-stress situation like overtime, you cannot seriously think you will actually come out with the win.
January 28, 2009 @ 02:22 AM
sargasm

they go back 4.

While I do feel concerned after every loss, I just think this game was a just fuck up on everyones part, from Kobe to Sasha to Phil. If you look at it, no one really had a good game at all except for Bynum, and even though they played horrific they still sent into double OT.

The Lakers play a few relatively easy teams for half of this upcoming road trip, so they have to accumulate the wins they can get. On top of that, they've beaten Boston and Cleveland at home already; if they have enough discipline in them, they'll know they gotta step it up and apply what they've learned in a different environment. Home court advantage is great, but to be champions you have to play well on the road as well. I'm staying optimistic.

I know what you mean dude, but I have to disagree. When Kobe's on the bench, the team still stays calm if they have a man who's an offensive threat (Pau, Farmar/Fisher), or a defensive beast (Bynum, Ariza). However, if you have Lamar, Sasha, and Walton on the floor at the same time, especially in a high-stress situation like overtime, you cannot seriously think you will actually come out with the win.
January 28, 2009 @ 03:29 AM
Tiger Woo

As frustrating as this loss was, we know the Lakers are going to be just fine.

One thing that needs to change immediately though is Sasha's shot selection. Kobe needs to slap that idiot in his mouth and let him know that its not okay to pull up EVERY fucking time he feels like it. When you are down 3 with over a minute to go, you don't take a contested 3. It's really simple.

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

January 28, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
kobehead

Bobcats has had our number for a couple years. Off to the 6 game road trip. Let's hope we can knock off Boston and Cleveland at the end of that trip. Those are two crucial statement games.
January 28, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
kobehead

yeah,, hopefully this will be another blowout so kob + company can rest. So glad farmar is back,, he was solid his first game back. .

On another note,, guess who the president of the u.s. Thinks is the best basketball player in the world??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwioinailkq&eurl=http://www.clublakers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106477&feature=player_embedded

cool
January 28, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
soulamazing.

Feb. 5 inches ever so closer.
January 28, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
herb assassin.

As frustrating as this loss was, we know the Lakers are going to be just fine.

One thing that needs to change immediately though is Sasha's shot selection. Kobe needs to slap that idiot in his mouth and let him know that its not okay to pull up EVERY fucking time he feels like it. When you are down 3 with over a minute to go, you don't take a contested 3. It's really simple.

Fuck he missed a wide open 3 pointer for the tie in 4th after going like 3/3 during the game. This fool cannot make shit at end of games, we were even lucky that Charlotte missed all of thier free throws. Eh Bynum and Kobe played good that game. The only reason Lakers did lose is because Kobe fouled out. Whatever, Minnnesota is next.

Please login first to reply.