Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 7, 2009 @ 12:52 AM
mixtape_03

smh @ the tnt crew acting like kobe did that elbow intentionally. .

^^ yeah bynum has been disappointing(and yeah i know he just sort of came back) just doesn't seem into it @ all.
May 7, 2009 @ 01:01 AM
brannen

i think artest should have just gotten a tech though..
i agee with what he said on the interview.
and with what everyone else is saying that the elbow was intentoinal,
i think it was just a regular foul.
so i'd be pissed if they suspend kobe.
May 7, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
&bullshit

it's the fucking playoffs. Shit will get physical. Ain't no use acting like this for a non-call

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

May 7, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
mixtape_03

yeah i think the refs though artest got way too close to kobe's face while jawing

+1 on the ron interviews though. real calm and real true. but i'm not sure about kobe doing this intentionally and the kobe on shane hit in game 1

LMFAO @ barkley "i'm looking for something. . " kenny + ernie "what are you looking for?" charles replies "andrew bynum" i LOL'd!!!!
May 7, 2009 @ 01:17 AM
sargasm

Artest is rough, definitely a hood personality. That's Queensbridge for you. But he was much more calm in the post-game interview.

The call was pretty questionable, but he loses his damn mind when he's irritated. You can't tell me that when he pointed and made that cut throat with his hand that he was just defending himself.
May 7, 2009 @ 01:20 AM
naRipsta

Crazy game, this series just might be better than the Celtics and Bulls. No doubt that series was purely nice basketball OT after OT.
May 7, 2009 @ 01:28 AM
Reikwon

it's the fucking playoffs. Shit will get physical. Ain't no use acting like this for a non-call

LOL..

This was probably one of the most exciting Laker games i've watched in a VERY LONG TIME. I will go as far as Shaq-Kobe era where every playoff series in the West was a test for us except that one year where we swept through it. I think people are just so shocked of what happened in the game because the NBA has gotten so soft the past few years. I don't about the rest of you guys, but I absolutely loved this game. I wouldn't be surprised if D.Fish gets suspended for the next game but that only opens the door up for Jordan Farmar to gain his confidence back because we need him back bad, especially in this series.

Ron Artest did get elbowed but like what Kobe said, if he is going to play physically then he better expect other players to play physical as well. I CAN'T wait for game 3. cool

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

May 7, 2009 @ 02:39 AM
yungm

Lol @ yoou guys thinking that elbow by Kobe was unintentional. clearly ann intentional elbow. kobe knew he'd get away with it, due to past altercations + every ref knows Artest is a crazy ass mother fucker. AND the fact that Artest was already playing physical on Kobe. Kobe straight up took that advantage. Sure, Artest DID foul him. But that elbow was on purpose. Funny shit.
May 7, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
deadpooL

lol @ kobes intentional elbow.
May 7, 2009 @ 02:50 AM
deadpooL

-artests ejection was bullshit.

-kobes elbow WAS intentional.

-artest, man the fuck up son. quit bitching over a fucking elbow.

-fisher made a very irresponsible move. playing clean > getting suspended.
May 7, 2009 @ 03:24 AM
mixtape_03

lolololoololololololoolol @ you two above me not looking and thinking about what happened right before the elbow:

May 7, 2009 @ 04:18 AM
wikedwun

Yeah shit was weak, I've seen Kobe throw some Bows before!!! Fisher surprised me tonite, never knew he had that shit in him. After watching the second half of this game, we're not gonna lose this series. Doesn't everyone know Drama+Emotion=Kobe Beasting Bynum is officially in Ghost Mode cuz the team plays better without him on the floor that is why Phil is the Zen master he knows wut hes doing like when he put Farmar/Brown on Brooks his Speed was matched and he got shut down tonite. Our bench is really blowing things for us though: wut happened to the machine!
& LMAO Artest looks like hes about to kiss Kobe:
May 7, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
mixtape_03

smfh wow @ bspn,, they're at it again; rly trying to lobby for kobe to get susp just WOW:

"Instead of coaching adjustments, the next moves belong to Jackson, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations who attended the game at Staples Center and will have a busy day on his hands when he gets off his redeye flight back to New York.

Most significant is an elbow Bryant threw that caught Artest in the throat as they were jockeying for position under the basket. The NBA rulebook states that a player must be ejected for "An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level." By the standard that's been set in these playoffs, Bryant should be suspended. Orlando's Dwight Howard was when he elbowed Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert in the head. Superstar or not, the head and neck have been deemed off-limits for elbows. (The lightest tap of the playoffs, Rafer Alston's slap upside Eddie House's head in the Magic-Celtics game Wednesday night, could also fall in this category).

Not only was Bryant not ejected, he wasn't called for a foul on the play. Artest was.

Feeling that justice wasn't served, Artest took some vigilante action, running across the court to Bryant, letting Bryant know that Artest is not to be, uh, messed with. It was probably more about planting a seed that Artest might just go off in Game 3, that next time there could be dire consequences."

Now tell me how about rondo's blow to brad miller's head? what about his very intentional GRABBING OF HINRICH and JUST THROWING HIM LIKE NOTHING? how come bspn doesn't lobby for rondo to get susp?? what the fu**. . ohh yeah bspn with that east coast bias shit(even though we have that west coast one now with that everett black guy and white guy glasses)
May 7, 2009 @ 02:48 PM
TL

The game lastnight as fucking BOMB.

The crowd was good this time, we were killinnnnn' it. Fun game @ Staples Center lastnight.

how much are tix going for right now
May 7, 2009 @ 04:35 PM
deadpooL

floor seats game 5, i'll see you there!
May 7, 2009 @ 06:01 PM

Inactive

Fuck Stu Jackson. That fucking moron can suspend 2 guys for a love tap to the head and setting a hard pick, but doesn't do shit to the guy who karate chopped one player's head, and threw another player into the scorer's table.
May 7, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
naRipsta

Fuck Stu Jackson. That fucking moron can suspend 2 guys for a love tap to the head and setting a hard pick, but doesn't do shit to the guy who karate chopped one player's head, and threw another player into the scorer's table.

It's okay lol.

I'm actually interested in the outcome of this, for the Lakers at least.

This might be a blessing in disguise. With Fisher gone for 1, there will be more Shannon Brown.
May 7, 2009 @ 07:44 PM
mixtape_03

^ while i'm fine with the fact kobe isn't gonna miss any games; the fact that stu jackson loves to use the lakers as an example; just loves to put them out that with a bad scar

HOW DO YOU ASSESS KOBE BRYANT WITH A FLAGRANT 1 when he was hit by ron on the neck/head area and kobe's elbow WAS NOT EVEN ON THE THROAT,, fucking artest sold that shit and the whole media bought into it: tnt/bspn

I MEAN COME ON; ALL WE ASK FOR IS CONSISTENCY; TAKE A LOOK AT THIS; KOBE'S ELBOW IS CLEARLY,, I MEAN CLEARLY on ron's chest while look whose elbow is on KOBE'S head?! NOW ANSWER ME THAT?

how can anyone with an objective view(should be the nba) look at the tape multiple times and even THINK about giving kobe the flagrant 1? and ron nothing(yeah i know he got ejected but not being assessed anythingconfused

how can kg get away with that hit screen on zaza pachulia against the hawks during last yr's playoffs? how does RONDO MALICIOUSLY GRAB and pull + throw hinrich(w/ malicious intent) AND NOT get a flagrant TWO which is exactly what he committed? NO REPLAY/NO SUSP/NO FINE?

not intended to hate or put those players on blast but the fact that the nba continues to do this and our laker players are treated like shit; i wish teams could sue the nba?

HOW ABOUT DERON WILLIAMS COMPLETELY RAMMING INTO 'DREW BYNUM DURING RD 1? MALICIOUS INTENT(THE FACT THAT HE'S SMALLER THAN DREW SHOULDN'T TAKE AWAY FROM WHAT HE TRIED TO DO) BUT THEN NOTHING ON DERON?

I JUST WISH THE NBA AS A WHOLE WOULD JUST BE OBJECTIVE AND CONSISTENT FOR ONCE
May 7, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
naRipsta

Sall good though, we came out with the W. Let RonRon blow up and hurt his team.

At least Phil did mention it in an interview, about the Deron Will. play on Bynum. So he's definitely throwing out his bag of tricks into this as well.
May 7, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
DunkPunk

Fisher has been suspended for striking Houston’s Luis Scola with his shoulder and head with 13.2 seconds remaining in the third period of the Lakers’ 111-98 win last night over the visiting Houston Rockets in Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals at STAPLES Center. Fisher received a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two and was ejected from the game at the time of the play.

Jackson also announced that the Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has been assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty One for elbowing Houston’s Ron Artest in the chest area with 6:57 remaining in the fourth period of last night’s game.

Fisher will serve his suspension on Friday when the Lakers visit the Rockets at Toyota Center.

no suspension for kb24.cool

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

May 7, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
deadpooL

Damn son, how much you paid?

$1,200?

more or less. used some the cash i won from online betting to cop smile. im going with a few friends ~so fucking excited.
May 7, 2009 @ 10:40 PM
brannen

what's the fucking point of giving kobe the flagrant.
May 7, 2009 @ 10:44 PM
mixtape_03

what's the fucking point of giving kobe the flagrant.

is it true if kobe gets another flagrant during this post-season it=auto one game susp? i'm not too familiar with the flagrant rules. . i think 8 techs in the playoffs=susp though. i think kenyon has like 4-5
May 8, 2009 @ 12:59 AM
Failure Pt.4

more or less. used some the cash i won from online betting to cop smile. im going with a few friends ~so fucking excited.

i think you're the luckiest muthafucker on hypebeast
May 8, 2009 @ 04:21 AM
wikedwun

I hope Farmar/Brown step it up tonite cuz thats the only way we have a chance of winning game 3
is it true if kobe gets another flagrant during this post-season it=auto one game susp? i'm not too familiar with the flagrant rules. . i think 8 techs in the playoffs=susp though. i think kenyon has like 4-5

actually if U get 4 flagrants in the playoffs then u get suspended and last nights game had to be the best non basketball game to watch in the second half besides when Artest went into the stands nothing tops that, Ron is such a character with short fuse & can't control his temper/keep his composure, but dude sure can ball, imagine if Lakers picked him up this year.
Luke & Scola are 2 of the wussiest dudes out there, they would never fight!

May 8, 2009 @ 07:12 AM

Inactive

We would of got Artest, but he didn't opt out of his contract on time and the Kings would never have traded him to a division rival so off to Houston he went. We probably would of won 70 games if we had him sad
May 8, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
UghItsDave

We would of got Artest, but he didn't opt out of his contract on time and the Kings would never have traded him to a division rival so off to Houston he went. We probably would of won 70 games if we had him sad

Instead they're up 2-1 on his team...hmmm kinda think it all worked out...no?
May 8, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
Ace.

cool
May 8, 2009 @ 11:26 PM
Guapamole

Great game. Artest ejection was not needed or necessary.
May 8, 2009 @ 11:32 PM
mixtape_03

great win by the lakes,, kobe had a lot of in+out shots but made some real tough ones too(hanging right-side bank shot + buzzer-beating 3) farmar played well,, sb nice,, pau + odom nice(love the put-back dunk) ariza with clutch 3's

yeah i thought artest should've just received a personal foul. . def. not even a flagrant 1,, i'm sure the L will rescind this

Please login first to reply.