December 27, 2010 @ 01:32 PM
backson

interesting article about kobe. It basically proves how at this stage of their careers, kobe has been playing better than Mj was in his.

www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/12/23/1893239/is-kobe-bryant-the-greatest-15-year-player-ever

come on, son.

anyone who actually watched mj play from the time the bulls couldn't get past the pistons, up through both of their three-peats will refuse to play the statistics game when it comes to the goat. stats cannot completely capture how great of a player mj was and cannot take into account how different the league was back then. i'm a lakers fan from the magic years up until shaq departed, but you new school laker fans need to give it up. kobe will NEVER be the goat.
December 27, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
&bullshit

Lol, i wont even read this (maybe for a laugh). Jordan averaged 23pts at 38 years old with a weak Wizards team and Kobe barley averages 25 now and his numbers will probably slip the way hes looking. A 31 year old Jordan is no comparison to Kobe at any point in his Career. JORDAN > KOBE.

come on, son.

anyone who actually watched mj play from the time the bulls couldn't get past the pistons, up through both of their three-peats will refuse to play the statistics game when it comes to the goat. stats cannot completely capture how great of a player mj was and cannot take into account how different the league was back then. i'm a lakers fan from the magic years up until shaq departed, but you new school laker fans need to give it up. kobe will NEVER be the goat.

lol no one's saying kobe>jordan. read the article.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

December 27, 2010 @ 06:15 PM
backson

The article is attempting to make a case that in one way or another kobe is better than Jordan was at some comparable point by dissecting stats. I don't understand why people even attempt to make any argument to that end. kobe may have a shot at a three peat but that doesn't bring him close to being as good as mj was. just stating the obvious in case you forgot.
December 27, 2010 @ 07:28 PM
mixtape_03

Lol, i wont even read this (maybe for a laugh). Jordan averaged 23pts at 38 years old with a weak Wizards team and Kobe barley averages 25 now and his numbers will probably slip the way hes looking. A 31 year old Jordan is no comparison to Kobe at any point in his Career.

you do realize kobe is averaging like 30-32 mins/game this season which is the SECOND LOWEST of his CAREER. .

you do understand that this is approx kobe's 15th season, not to mention all of the postseason play.

to think he took out your iverson(as top dog/nba's best), then carter supposedly, tmac? in every generation kobe has always been on top of it.

crazy to think he's still the 3rd leading scorer in the nba at this stage in his career you know. why are you such a jordan homer anyways? i'm pretty sure you're 14-20 yrs old so what makes you so sure he's the goat? bc the media influenced you to believe so? or have you truly watched?

just admit you're a kobe hater no matter what he does, will do, and has done. anything to discredit kobe= your job for the rest of your life right?

it's all you do and you never throw evidence to back up your idiotic statements
December 28, 2010 @ 02:04 AM
Juki

anyone who knows basketball will say Jordan>Kobe at any point in either of their careers. The way I see it, Kobe has no chance to surpass Jordan because he on his way out. He is getting old early yes because hes played so many postseasons and didnt take care of his body. If he gets a title this year it will be under Paus leadership(like last season lol). I'm not a Kobe hater. Hes one of my favorite players to watch. Hes probably the most technical player ever. I just hate Kobe stans who think hes better than Jordan and constantly compare them. They are completely different players. I'd compare Penny to Jordan before Kobe

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 28, 2010 @ 02:19 AM
DC RA

Hey guys lets stop arguing and just watch Blake Griffin highlights.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aspCHyeOLPQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzF_0LWwHg
December 28, 2010 @ 02:28 AM
mixtape_03

anyone who knows basketball will say Jordan>Kobe at any point in either of their careers. The way I see it, Kobe has no chance to surpass Jordan because he on his way out. He is getting old early yes because hes played so many postseasons and didnt take care of his body. If he gets a title this year it will be under Paus leadership(like last season lol). I'm not a Kobe hater. Hes one of my favorite players to watch. Hes probably the most technical player ever. I just hate Kobe stans who think hes better than Jordan and constantly compare them. They are completely different players. I'd compare Penny to Jordan before Kobe

constantly compare them? i seriously dnt see anyone in these sports threads speaking of kobe + mj except for YOU ONLY man. wtf? every time kobe is mentioned(and doesn't even have a thought of mj in it) you just go in and say JORDAN>KOBE. ALWAYS. so annoying. lol didn't take care of his body LOL. damn. lol pau's leadership, like last yr? man scotty can you come in here and be objective on this and tell us your take? wtf wow. lmao @ kobe and jordan being completely different players. please anyone chime in on this ridiculous guy
December 28, 2010 @ 05:46 AM
HipHopInHood

i just came in here to boo lol, so you all can delete this or whatever, but MIA taking it this year!
December 28, 2010 @ 10:12 AM
backson

bg has monster ups. ridiculous. also good to see that he did the right thing after his injury and during his recovery by taking care of himself getting stronger/better. very promising career ahead. will watch closely.

mia taking it? ...while i'd love to see that happen just to spite the bron/mia hater bandwagon and the cleveland owner who treated him like a runaway slave...i don't think they're there yet. this current team isn't built for a playoff run. still need a few pieces and a season of floor time together. they're getting there very quickly, but maybe next year.

on kobe...great player and will go down as a legend, but sometimes he just tries to do too much. and it's catching up with him. trying to be a tough guy and playing through nagging injuries for most of the season last year instead of resting himself almost cost them the championship. and to be honest, if perk didn't go down with that knee injury boston would be the defending champs.
December 28, 2010 @ 10:28 AM
Hova

i just came in here to boo lol, so you all can delete this or whatever, but MIA taking it this year!

lol miami wont get past boston
December 28, 2010 @ 10:07 PM
Juki

What's up with your boy Kobe? shooting 8-27? 21pts? Blowout loss? Third straight loss. I don't mean to throw salt in the wound but THIS IS THE GUY YOUR COMPARING TO JORDAN? Explain......

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 29, 2010 @ 02:08 AM
thisisbrandon

damn lakers gotta get their shit together. these losses are definitely unacceptable. ESPECIALLY to the bucks. hahah.
December 29, 2010 @ 02:13 AM
mixtape_03

What's up with your boy Kobe? shooting 8-27? 21pts? Blowout loss? Third straight loss. I don't mean to throw salt in the wound but THIS IS THE GUY YOUR COMPARING TO JORDAN? Explain......

reg season game; lakers playing really bad and spurs just continue playing like the best in the league. but think about what you just said, "this is the guy comparing to jordan?" rly think about it. you're the one who always interrupts with jordan>kobe when NOBODY is making any comparison whatsoever. why is that? yeah third straight loss, yeah he scored 21 pts and shot bad in a reg season game and? still the back-back champions, and true basketball heads know what matters happens in april-june. if jordan is so damn good how come he never won a title in his first seven seasons?
how about in '96 in game six when bulls beat sonics mj's line: 22 pts on 5/19 shooting, 7 rebs, 5 to. see they still won just like lakes won game 7 with kobe's horrid shooting night. just trying to show you stats aren't always everything
December 29, 2010 @ 03:20 AM
dcbay

lol miami wont get past boston

True that
December 29, 2010 @ 11:28 AM
whoRichard?

. on the Heat not getting past Boston

Imagine if this shit happens...

bleacherreport.com/articles/546412-nba-trade-rumors-could-carmelo-anthony-to-la-lakers-now-happen-with-sasha-move

GAME OVER
December 29, 2010 @ 12:00 PM
Stilo

What's up with Kobe lately? The man shot 8 for 27 last night, the Lakers had a huge size advantage on the spurs that game should've been a sure thing. Lakers are fucking up man.
December 29, 2010 @ 12:36 PM
Canvas08

bleacherreport.com/articles/546412-nba-trade-rumors-could-carmelo-anthony-to-la-lakers-now-happen-with-sasha-move

GAME OVER

pat mixon is such a laker stan lol.
December 29, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
neato torpedo

To all the dudes saying jordan > kobe.
Interesting read: www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/12/23/1893239/is-kobe-bryant-the-greatest-15-year-player-ever

But seriously, shut the fuck up about it quit clogging the thread. Kobes not trying to be jordan.
December 29, 2010 @ 07:20 PM
sargasm

lake show gotta take this one
December 29, 2010 @ 10:16 PM
backson

GAME OVER

will never happen. not enough shots to go around nor enough oxygen for egos with kobe in the picture.

To all the dudes saying jordan > kobe.
Interesting read: www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/12/23/1893239/is-kobe-bryant-the-greatest-15-year-player-ever

But seriously, shut the fuck up about it quit clogging the thread. Kobes not trying to be jordan.

reeee. article was already posted only a few posts up from this. and if you mad about people bringing it up why fan the flames by posting yet another kobe jordan comparison article. that's smrt. and lol at kobe not trying to be like mike.
January 3, 2011 @ 01:25 AM
DMics

Lol at them losing at home again, this time to Memphis.
January 3, 2011 @ 05:39 PM
Ace.

Obviously Melo would be nice to have because we're not playing well on either side O or D.

But last I heard Nuggs were asking for 5 1st rd. picks which we obviously can't give them - so Denver has to come to terms w/ reality and stop these ludicrous requests - then we may have a chance at swooping him.

Deal would HAVE to include either Bynum or LO, IMO.
January 3, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
brannen

Trade artest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
Ace.

Artest

has been complete garbage this year.
January 5, 2011 @ 12:52 PM
partytyme213

I third (or fourth) that. Artest hasnt done anything since standing on the float with a cigar in his mouth
January 6, 2011 @ 04:41 AM
jaust.

lake show got the dub tonight... lets go! gotta keep it up.
January 8, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
wehonor

Lakers yeah yea..
January 9, 2011 @ 10:59 PM

Inactive

Knicks got shat on.
January 9, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
mixtape_03

thank you. even without bynum we won by 22
January 11, 2011 @ 11:17 PM
whoRichard?

SMH at this Lakers game, 51 point lead, REALLY?

Please login first to reply.