Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 5, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
urbandiscoo

For my slim down phase i:

eat high protein, cut out all unnecessary carbs.
tuna= 0 carbs high protein
lean turkey = 0 carbs high protein
lean chicken = 0 carbs high protein
egg whites = 0 carbs high protein

maybe some spinach and cottage cheese too.

eat about every 2 hours, 3 hours max. With protein as meal, should have about 7 meals a day.

do cardio in mornings, take protein after and after your workout. If you are hungry before you go to sleep take some protein then too.

I take exform protein. 44grams of protein and 4 carbs for two scoops. cant beat that.

This is eating SUPER lean, but your body is getting the protein it needs so you can maintain your muscle gains but still shred fat fast.

Just stay dedicated and stick to it.
January 5, 2009 @ 06:46 PM
niko

i bulked up during summertime. winter time I usually aim to cutting and leaning , my usual goal is 6% body fat. my leanest should be around 140-145....allthough last year ive gotten down to 135.

Whats your routine homie? Cause I'm 5'8 approx. 140-145 lbs and I think I need to start bulking as well, plus your body looks pretty nice (no homo).
January 5, 2009 @ 09:03 PM
pnsho

I must be doing something wrong.

All of you have similar stats with mine (5'8 / 150lbs), and want to bulk.

Instead, I want to lose this fat, lol.
January 5, 2009 @ 11:40 PM
randysav

Niko my daily routine is.i start early in the morning lets say for example at 6am in the morning empty your stomach(take a shit) before you do a 30-45 min run. very important to do running or sprints in the morning.

7am eat breakfast ( hot oatmeal plain+ protein shake) oatmeal will be your best friend for 3 month body fat cutdown.

8am rest

9am i do boxing routine( 1 hour , 10 min jump rope,20 min shadow box, 30 min. heavy bag)

10am snack down( almonds and lots of water)

12 or 1pm I eat lunch(chicken breast with salad for example, depends of what you desire)

3pm.rest , protein shake

6pm 1 hour of plyometric exercise , non stop spartan style workout.

7pm dinner.(steak, chicken, anything with protein)

next day. abs, light cardio workout

basically its
monday:chest, shoulders
tuesday:abs cardio
wednesday:biceps, back
thursday:abs cardio
friday:legs workout
saturday:spartan, plyometrics , abs,
sunday:all out food cheating.

for abs. just do the basic. crunches reverse crunches side crunches. nothing fancy but most important REST FOR ONLY 7-10 seconds on each set.

check out this dude on youtube. this is the spartan style workout. try this out for 15 mins straight. then the next week add another 10 mins. keep doing it until your body gets used to to do a full 1 hour straight. your will definitley get in shape quick and increase your metabolism quick
www.youtube.com/user/fitnessvip

or

www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pv_1j4dH0
January 6, 2009 @ 07:28 AM
go0seMUFC

Great thread, I have the exact same body build and just want lean muscle.
January 7, 2009 @ 09:33 AM
Brandon

You have no discipline fatty.

No worries, not that hard to lose 9 pounds. Trying to get down >12% is a fucking pain.
January 7, 2009 @ 11:37 AM
pnsho

eat about every 2 hours, 3 hours max. With protein as meal, should have about 7 meals a day.

do cardio in mornings, take protein after and after your workout. If you are hungry before you go to sleep take some protein then too.

I take exform protein. 44grams of protein and 4 carbs for two scoops. cant beat that.

This is eating SUPER lean, but your body is getting the protein it needs so you can maintain your muscle gains but still shred fat fast.

I need to try this. It sucks being in an Asian family that condones eating rice and noodles and carb-loaded foods. My mother laughed at me when I asked her to get some lean chicken and tuna, and cut out the carbs for more vegetables.

These are my thighs:

Horrendous, I know. If I could knock off the fat from my thighs and lower body, I'd have somewhat toned legs. Do squats help me tone them even more? I guess the main priority is just losing body fat.
January 7, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
randysav

^
yeah man just diet. its all about diet. also like i mentioned do your cardio in the morning right before you eat breakfast. squats and doing leg workout will tone your legs. it wont increase muscle unless your applying heavy weights.
January 7, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
niko

^Thanks for the advice man

Question: After I work out I look into the mirror and become very pleased with the results, however, I look very different the next morning or whatever until my next workout. Does this mean I need to bulk up or increase my routine?
January 7, 2009 @ 03:29 PM
randysav

Its a normal reaction.after workin out usually ur at the point were ur pumped out all swole n shit . Your doing just fine.share us your daily routine then I can tell u what's the best plan.I'm about 10 percent body fat now.this will probably last less than a month lol.
January 7, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
Logikal Accord

Toning is some shit bitches do. Stop being pussies.
January 7, 2009 @ 07:44 PM
niko

I cannot give you my diet yet, considering I'm pretty new to counting calories and what not... any suggestions for a dude like myself? (5'8" 145 lbs.) Starting this weekend I'll be trying this routine http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm which was suggested by a fellow member. But if any of you guys have any suggestions on which routines are best and most efficient, I'm all ears.

EDIT: I'm pretty limited on food and whatevs because I live on campus for school.
January 7, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
bchhun

^ check out the rippletoes workout on bodybuildling.com, it's a pretty effective beginners plan

i've given up trying to lose flab from my thighs... now i just lift weights to make it look more ripped cool
January 8, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
niko

Thanks for the routine, maybe I'll try that instead considering its more of a beginner's workout. Do you have any first hand experience with this workout? It seems pretty legit and states it will take 3-4 months for max. potential or whatever, which is just in time for summer smile
January 8, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
GrainBelt

Eggnog... you're on the bb forums right?
January 8, 2009 @ 05:30 PM
jb0ston

You'll only see results if your diet is in check. You can lose fat doing next to nothing with the proper diet. You can't out train shitty eating.
January 8, 2009 @ 05:51 PM
pnsho

^ Would you recommend this diet plan?

I'm not sure how much a serving is. Less = better?
January 8, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
randysav

^
close your fist. thats how much amount of food intake from the list above, for example boil 3-4 eggs eat a whole egg and the rest are all whites . I used this for 2 and half months to shred it helped me alot.
January 18, 2009 @ 07:57 PM
≈Igot5onit≈

If you want real results in the shortest amount of time & your not the nansy pansy type then do HIIT. High Intensity Interval Training.

Ex. Sprint at your all out max speed for 30secs-1min then rest for the same amount of time & continue this circuit for 5 times. Gradually increasing your circuits as your endurance and strength increases.

You can use the same concept with biking or swimming

By doing these type of intense routines it calibrates your body into a hyper metabolic rate & will continue to burn fat throughout the day. This is by far what top level professional athletes use to get into peak performance.

Keep in mind. This isnt the type of program that beginners should just jump into exclusively. Gradually incorporate this into your current workouts maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

Also get familiar with a speed rope. Jumping rope can burn up to 1000 cals an hour, as opposed to running which burns around 6-700 cals/hr.

I have a heavy bag in my crib & every morning I do eight 3 minute rounds alternating between jumping rope & balls to the walls combos on the heavy bag with 1 minute rest inbetween rounds.

Also look up "ketone cutting diet".....Basically its a specific type of diet that focus on high protein moderate fat low carb diet & triggers 'ketosis' which is when the body burns lipids (fat) as its primary energy source instead of carbs/sugar.

Keep at it & Sweat it out!!
January 18, 2009 @ 11:20 PM
Steezy790

^ Would you recommend this diet plan?

I'm not sure how much a serving is. Less = better?

i actually hated this low carb diet. Tried it for about 2 weeks. couldnt stick to it cause my workouts would always be shitty. just didnt have enough energy without the carbs especially for cardio. Was also just a PITA finding stuff to eat that didnt have carbs but i did lose some weight. theres also studies that have shown that low carb diets simply make u lose lbs a little quicker than just a normal diet but the end results proved to be the same

i just eat normal healthy food eating below my maintenance lvl and do HIIT every other day and im seeing resultssmile
January 19, 2009 @ 01:40 PM
≈Igot5onit≈

i actually hated this low carb diet. Tried it for about 2 weeks. couldnt stick to it cause my workouts would always be shitty. just didnt have enough energy without the carbs especially for cardio. Was also just a PITA finding stuff to eat that didnt have carbs but i did lose some weight. theres also studies that have shown that low carb diets simply make u lose lbs a little quicker than just a normal diet but the end results proved to be the same

i just eat normal healthy food eating below my maintenance lvl and do HIIT every other day and im seeing resultssmile

your macros werent up to par then

You gotta make sure you eat enough fats....nuts, eggs, cheese, olive oil.....hell even mayo & salad dressing. The body will replace carbs with fats as its primary source of fuel.

IF you balance your diet correctly your body will go into ketosis & you will have absolutely no drop off in energy.

Make sure your getting 2gm of protein for every lb of body weight per day & eat a sufficient amount of fats keeping your carbs down to around 25-50max a day along with cardio and you should be str8.
January 19, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
Steezy790

your macros werent up to par then

You gotta make sure you eat enough fats....nuts, eggs, cheese, olive oil.....hell even mayo & salad dressing. The body will replace carbs with fats as its primary source of fuel.

IF you balance your diet correctly your body will go into ketosis & you will have absolutely no drop off in energy.

Make sure your getting 2gm of protein for every lb of body weight per day & eat a sufficient amount of fats keeping your carbs down to around 25-50max a day along with cardio and you should be str8.

i dunno it just wasnt for me. I was eating enough fats and had my protein intake high as well
January 21, 2009 @ 10:11 PM
jackandcoke

Working out just to look good is so boring.. I've been
working out with weights for the last four years and
i would hit a wall here and there and go crazy partying
and eating whatever just to start all over again. It's not human
nature to limit yourself to certain food and this is why
most people fail.. it's not your fault. A couple of months
back I got into submission grappling and i'm lean/cut/strong as I
have been in my entire life. My weightlifting workouts
now have a purpose so it only drives me to workout
to be better at grappling. My metabolism is really high
right now and I can eat whatever and also go out
partying/drinking. You will only succeed in the long
run if you find something you like doing.
January 21, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
randysav

^
where are you from and where do you train at? when you mentioned grappling its either wrestling judo and jiu jitsu. so wich one do you train for?
January 21, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
jackandcoke

^
where are you from and where do you train at? when you mentioned grappling its either wrestling judo and jiu jitsu. so wich one do you train for?

I don't get your question.. but we train wrestling/judo for takedowns
and jiu-jitsu/sambo for the ground game. We train what works and
incorporate all types of stuff into our regime.
January 21, 2009 @ 11:58 PM
Cboom

I have a question for anyone doing The 'German volume training' program. I'm thinking about starting it but I'm wondering about the volume of sets and reps for certain exercises, primarily the body weight shit. Like, I'm pretty fit, been training and fighting in Muay Thai for a longtime but I cannot do 10x10 of dips and pull ups with barely a rest in between. How do I go about this? Do I just train until failure until the days comes that I can do it?
January 22, 2009 @ 02:40 AM
randysav

I don't get your question.. but we train wrestling/judo for takedowns
and jiu-jitsu/sambo for the ground game. We train what works and
incorporate all types of stuff into our regime.

my question was pretty clear. where do you TRAIN AT? gym? what location?
January 22, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
randysav

this is an insane workout. some of the workout he does can cause serious injury. but he pulls it off pretty good. strong dude.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=550_1232315010
January 22, 2009 @ 03:59 PM
jackandcoke

my question was pretty clear. where do you TRAIN AT? gym? what location?

oops sorry I got confused by your two questions... but i train in
western mass at new england submission fighting
January 22, 2009 @ 04:00 PM
jackandcoke

this is an insane workout. some of the workout he does can cause serious injury. but he pulls it off pretty good. strong dude.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=550_1232315010

yeh but he's got chicken legs... still really strong though.

Please login first to reply.