February 12, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
Brandon

Eat healthy foods. Complex carbs, fibre rich food, protein approx 1 gram per lb, your daily calorie intake 500-100 below your usual daily calorie count. Cardio.
February 12, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
Chi-Town

Eat healthy foods. Complex carbs, fibre rich food, protein approx 1 gram per lb, your daily calorie intake 500-100 below your usual daily calorie count. Cardio.

thanks man.

It's a bitch going back to the gym after being unable to do it for such a long time. I've always known how to gain weight, but never known how to lose it. lol

btw, how many of you substitute meals for Whey? just wondering... I've never done it personally so I wanted to know if any of you guys had some good expirences doing it.
February 13, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
Brandon

Personally I eat 1 big breakfast, small snacks in between, and medium size dinner. For snacks I'll eat high protein food, meats etc..Fry some eggs. Oh and for breakfast I'll make a protein shake with it soo it keeps me pretty full for a good amount of time.
February 14, 2009 @ 06:40 PM
GrainBelt

I drink three shakes a day. Usually spaced something breakfast/lunch/dinner. There is a lot of information already in this section but I would go to bodybuilding.com for some real info.
February 16, 2009 @ 10:29 PM
F/22

I was told drinking whey protein or eating protein bars without working out can end up as fat or extra weight.

I always wanted to know because im busy with class an everything and dont get time to eat let alone i barely have a variety of food to eat in the house.

Is it bad if i having a protein bar or a lowcarb/calorie protein supplement during the day even if i dont work out all the time?
February 17, 2009 @ 03:05 AM
unknown force.

anybody try bodyweight workouts? like the video of those black guys at the park doing crazy shit like backwards pullups n shizz?
February 17, 2009 @ 10:31 AM
KlAzE1

anybody try bodyweight workouts? like the video of those black guys at the park doing crazy shit like backwards pullups n shizz?

thats good for cutting up and strength building, but if you want to be a lot stronger and gain size, you gotta hit the weights.
February 17, 2009 @ 02:19 PM
Brandon

I was told drinking whey protein or eating protein bars without working out can end up as fat or extra weight.

I always wanted to know because im busy with class an everything and dont get time to eat let alone i barely have a variety of food to eat in the house.

Is it bad if i having a protein bar or a lowcarb/calorie protein supplement during the day even if i dont work out all the time?

Just don't eat a crazy amount of calories daily. I can't remember the exact daily calorie intake but roughly 2,500 - 3000 or something similar, someone correct me if I am wrong.
February 18, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
pnsho

Isn't it minus 500 from your regular?

So if my regular was 2,000 calories, in order to lose weight, I'd go down to 1,500.
February 18, 2009 @ 04:03 PM
Brandon

Yeah something like that. I'm not quite sure my self it's something that I remembered reading a while ago.
February 18, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
GrainBelt

You'll be completely fine. Shakes are often used as meal replacements, but nothing will replace a hearty actual meal.
February 25, 2009 @ 08:15 PM
niko

Anybody suggest creatine?
February 25, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
swagasfuck

you can probably find alot of info on creatine on the web. i'm currently using an EC stack to lose weight, so far its working very well.

to the other guy before, you want protein when you're lifting or doing cardio. if you dont eat any protein, you're gonna melt your muscles off and you don't keep your composure.
March 1, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
hools

You'll be completely fine. Shakes are often used as meal replacements, but nothing will replace a hearty actual meal.

with that said would having a shake + small breakfast be okay in the morning? or if i had a hearty breakfast and no shake?

i've almost perfected my shake recipes but the slight protein after-taste gets old razz
March 4, 2009 @ 02:48 PM
GrainBelt

^ Yeah its perfectly fine.

For breakfast I usually eat:
1 egg, 5 egg whites.
toast
shake

I usually have about 3 shakes a day.
March 5, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
Sole_survivor

can anyone recommend me a new protein to try? I've tried ON, GNC, Mass XXL, Muscle Milk, and RTD Isopure, Myoplex, and Lean Body
March 6, 2009 @ 12:12 AM
Brandon

Gaspari Myofusion chocolate, probably the best whey protein I've used.
March 6, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
dacheese

www.1fast400.com/ sells some good quality stuff for cheap. I usually use them for bulk nutrition items.
March 6, 2009 @ 09:24 AM
Domo

can anyone recommend me a new protein to try? I've tried ON, GNC, Mass XXL, Muscle Milk, and RTD Isopure, Myoplex, and Lean Body
Depends on what you are looking for.... a meal replacement shake, or a whey protein....
March 6, 2009 @ 11:48 AM
Logikal Accord

So, really....how bad are these?

I work out 5-6 times a week, but these are my little treat.

I know there's no sugar and 20g protein is nice for a boost during those last hours of work. How bad is that fat content and other shit?
March 7, 2009 @ 09:55 AM
GrainBelt

^ If you're taking Whey Protein, it should be fine. Don't worry about the fat content because for the most part its betters fats and carbs that you'd get in late night food snacks.
March 7, 2009 @ 10:18 AM
Logikal Accord

^ If you're taking Whey Protein, it should be fine. Don't worry about the fat content because for the most part its betters fats and carbs that you'd get in late night food snacks.

Ahh shit, I didn't post the link. Haha, this:

www.thinkproducts.com/thin-chocolate-mudslide.php
March 11, 2009 @ 04:43 PM
ToyBoxTim.com

I really like the taste of nectar it taste like a fruit drink. For value I like all the whey because they have some really good deals going on.
March 11, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
weezyfuckdbaby

In terms of isolate whey, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is regarded as the best 'bang for your buck' protein. I could care less about taste, but the chocolate tastes pretty decent.

For casein protein, nothing even comes close to BSN Syntha-6. The vanilla, cookies & cream, and chocolate versions taste so damn good that I would drink them on a regular basis even if I wasn't working out.

Personally, I take 3 shakes a day. I take 1 scoop of Syntha-6 mixed with skim milk in the morning (it helps me to down the oats I eat for breakfast - 1 bite of oats, 1 swig of protein shake.. works really well), 2 scoops of whatever isolate whey I'm using mixed with water after my workout, and another scoop of Syntha-6 before bed.

For anyone lazy and looking to lose weight, I recommend you do some research on the EC stack. It's not for everyone, but I've had great success with it in the past.
March 16, 2009 @ 12:26 AM
B_RAD

i heard there was some side effects or something about casein protein that may be bad for people??

and whats a good shake recipe to blend in the morning when you dont have a lot of time to make breakfast?
March 16, 2009 @ 04:33 PM
kdiddy

I've never had any side effects from taking Casein, and I've been taking it presleep for almost two years now.

It depends on how many calories you need and how your macros work out, but this is my breakfast shake:

1 scoop whey
Raw Oats
Skim Milk
Extra Light Olive Oil (sounds gross, but you can't taste it).

You must have a blender, or it won't be fun.

I've adjusted that for both bulks and cuts. It's quick and gets you quality protein, carbs and fats.
March 16, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
B_RAD

^ any exact measurements?
March 16, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
weezyfuckdbaby

I've never had any side effects from taking Casein, and I've been taking it presleep for almost two years now.

It depends on how many calories you need and how your macros work out, but this is my breakfast shake:

1 scoop whey
Raw Oats
Skim Milk
Extra Light Olive Oil (sounds gross, but you can't taste it).

You must have a blender, or it won't be fun.

I've adjusted that for both bulks and cuts. It's quick and gets you quality protein, carbs and fats.

Amen. I spent months just shaking the raw oats in my shaker cup. It was gross. I would have to use a spoon to eat it. I finally said F-it and made a cup of oats with my shake (and eggs)
March 17, 2009 @ 03:36 AM
Brandon

Cottage Cheese can be a cheap alternative instead of buying casein protein powder.
March 17, 2009 @ 10:37 AM
kdiddy

^ any exact measurements?

1 scoop whey
16 oz skim milk
3/4 cup raw oats
1 tblspn extra light olive oil

75g Carbs, 42g Protein, 15g Fat 590 cals approx.

I'm bulking right now at about 3000 cals a day, and I also taper my carbs as the day goes on(aside from post work out, got to go hard then), so it depends on your diet, but it can easily be adjusted to fit in any diet.

Please login first to reply.