FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
January 22, 2009 @ 06:38 AM
kdiddy

And how much protien is in that peanut butter vs. a Casein shake? GTFO, you're way off base. I didn't say he should not keep eating the peanut butter, I mearly suggested that he supplement with Casein. I'm not the only one who does it. Like I said, get your shit straight and come back with some insight next time.
January 22, 2009 @ 09:02 AM
Kshawn

Okay anyone wanna help me out, I'm trying to lose fat, I been working out doing cardio *not to much lifting but enough*, I got lipo6x and it helped a great amount and I'm still taking it, I'm like 5'9-5'10, and 190-192, any suggestions on how many calories to intake and and a few supplements I should be taking? Thanks in advance.

It is what it is.

January 22, 2009 @ 08:28 PM
TyLeR

oh I'M way off base? i have my "shit" straight. what i said is that there already is casein protein in peanut butter and plenty enough for him. secondly i never said you are an idiot for taking casein or that you are the only one who takes it.
peanut butter is fine before bed.
you gtfo

offishal::
if you lift, remember you are not trying to gain muscle..you are trying to lose weight (you can do both but its pretty hard and most people get discouraged and quit)
so keep it high # of reps and lower the weight.
cardio! cardio! cardio!
also eat a lot of small meals a day (6+) to keep your metabolism up and kickin!
January 22, 2009 @ 09:13 PM
kdiddy

I gave the dude a suggestion, I didn't try to force feed it down his throat. It was his choice to take the advice or not. And are you sure that natural peanut butter would use Casein as a binding agent? Especially, when the ingredients usually read: Peanuts. If it's not added by the manufaturer then it won't be present. I hope your not saying that all peanut buter contains Casein. If you are, then you may want to check and see where it comes from.
January 22, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
cs02132

Breakfast (6:20-6:40 AM)- 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 yogurt, 1 whey/casein protein shake
Calories: 350
Carbs: 46
Protein: 34
Fat: 4
Snack (~9-10 AM)- 1 ON Lift Bar
Calories: 250
Carbs: 33
Protein: 20
Lunch: (11-11:30 AM)- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 can of tuna , 1 Nature Valley Granola bar
Calories: 460
Carbs: 60
Protein: 32
Fat: 12
Snack ( 2:20-2:30 PM)- 1 ON Gold Meal Replacement
Calories: 300
Carbs: 20
Protein: 45
Post Workout (8-9 PM): 2 scoops of ON whey protein
Calories: 240
Carbs: 6
Protein: 48
Fat: 2
Dinner (9-10 PM): not sure, itll be whatever my mom makes probably. things like chicken with brown rice and stuff like that
Before bed (10-11:30 PM)- 1 ON Casein shake
Calories: 110
Carbs: 3
Protein: 24
Fat: 0.5

Totals:
Calories: 1710
Carbs: 168
Protein: 203 ( i think this might be too much for trying to cut? not sure though. my weight is at like 232 and im trying to get to around 205)
Fat: 26.5

links to the ON meal replacement/protein bars
www.optimumnutrition.com/products/whey-gold-meal-p-203.html
www.optimumnutrition.com/products/lift-bar-p-239.html

let me know how it is and what i can change to make it better

this is along with brazilian jiu jitsu training 2-3 times a week sweating out about 2 pounds ecah time. and weight lifting 5 days a week ( i can post my work out) and trying to cut 20-25 pounds by summer time
January 22, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
kdiddy

Between your snack and post work out I'd add another meal, preferable whole food, about an hour to an hour and a half before your work out. You could always just split up your post work out shake and consume one serving 30 min. before your work out, and the other after. I'd also avoid starchy carbs in the late afternoon/evenings and you may want to replace some of your carbs sources with vegetables (salad with your tuna). I'd also, replace the protein bar, it is decent, but it has a lot of unnecessary refined sugar. If you want something sweet, go with some fruit, nuts or nut butter, and some non fat greek yogurt: it's good mid morning snack, slow digesting protein and carbs and quality fats. Also, are you doing cardio after your weight training?
January 22, 2009 @ 10:38 PM
cs02132

yes hiit

plus bjj training
January 22, 2009 @ 10:48 PM
kdiddy

I would do something lighter than hiit on your weight training days, like 30-40 min low to moderate intensity on the eliptical, treadmill, bike, etc after weight training. I'd still incorporate the hiit on non weight training days though.
January 22, 2009 @ 11:40 PM
Kshawn

oh I'M way off base? i have my "shit" straight. what i said is that there already is casein protein in peanut butter and plenty enough for him. secondly i never said you are an idiot for taking casein or that you are the only one who takes it.
peanut butter is fine before bed.
you gtfo

offishal::
if you lift, remember you are not trying to gain muscle..you are trying to lose weight (you can do both but its pretty hard and most people get discouraged and quit)
so keep it high # of reps and lower the weight.
cardio! cardio! cardio!
also eat a lot of small meals a day (6+) to keep your metabolism up and kickin!

Thanks for the useful info, so take off some weights and do more reps? also I don't have time to eat 6 times a day shit...im lucky if I get 3 meals in, any suggestions anyone? Once again thanks in advance all this info is very useful.

It is what it is.

January 23, 2009 @ 07:21 AM
kdiddy

Eating 5-6 meals is one of the most effective ways to keep your metabolism high, you'll probably want to find a way. Look into a pre-packaged meal replacement or powdered protein blend that you can take in between your normal meals. When I cut, I keep the reps between 10-15, unless I'm pyramiding, then I may start off with a lighter sets at higher reps, but progressively end with a heavier set at a lower rep range 6-8.
January 23, 2009 @ 08:07 AM
Kshawn

^ can You suggest some suppliments? I already have lipo6x and its working so far, I know whey is good also, whut about muscle milk or this caesin?

It is what it is.

January 23, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
TyLeR

offishal:
there are numerous protein powders to chose from..
i would suggest on's 100% whey
you really dont need supplements if you are eating 3 meals a day.. what you need to do is have a well balanced diet that consists of 6 small meals a day and you'll be fine.
exchanging 1 or 2 of those meals with protein shake is ok..but remember why its called a SUPPLEMENT..
January 23, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
kdiddy

^ can You suggest some suppliments? I already have lipo6x and its working so far, I know whey is good also, whut about muscle milk or this caesin?

Casein presleep would be a great addition, and would also get you closer to 6 meals a day. I highly recommend supplementing with fish oil as well. Those things being said, your diet and training are going to have the biggest impact on your results. Keep your cardio going and keep hitting the weights and you'll get the results you want. And seriously, find a way to get more meals in.
January 26, 2009 @ 11:24 AM
Hid

Okay anyone wanna help me out, I'm trying to lose fat, I been working out doing cardio *not to much lifting but enough*, I got lipo6x and it helped a great amount and I'm still taking it, I'm like 5'9-5'10, and 190-192, any suggestions on how many calories to intake and and a few supplements I should be taking? Thanks in advance.

....I know most ppl won't believe me but working out burns 6-10 more fat effectively than aerobic exercises. [For the ppl that do not believe me, the research is in the New England Journal of Medicine]
January 27, 2009 @ 01:56 PM
SK1

By working out do you mean lifting?
January 27, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
Brandon

Lifting. I think he read the fact of off Men's Health, lol.

I will be applying for Human Kinetics for fall semester hopefully I'll get accepted..
January 27, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
highwayone-st

anyone here try rapid cuts from allmax?
January 28, 2009 @ 12:36 PM
Hid

Lifting. I think he read the fact of off Men's Health, lol.

I will be applying for Human Kinetics for fall semester hopefully I'll get accepted..

lol..I don't read those health mags for advice. Anyways, those mags are bullshit because they can sometimes take some shit out of context from research and act like it's the new best thing. Also, bodybuilders/power lifters in those mags get paid money to "say" that they do those workout plans but in real life they don't do what is close to those workout programs you see in those mags because these ppl are elite athletes and they will NEVER share their workout programs from THEIR fellow competitors.
January 29, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
Mostarr

Is mustard a good substitute for mayo when it come to sandwiches and salads?
January 30, 2009 @ 01:09 AM
Brandon

Salad?

Just use a smaller portion of mayo, like an even table spoon. If those calories really matter then yes subsitute mustard for mayo.

Just checked my fridge and 1 table spoon of mayo = 100 calories, 1 tea spoon of mustard = 10 calories.
January 31, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
cs02132

if im eating oatmeal, yogurt, and whey/casein in the morning can i just mix it all into a shake? instaed of eating seperate
February 1, 2009 @ 09:14 AM
kdiddy

Throw it in a blender and your good.
February 4, 2009 @ 09:07 PM
cs02132

should i cook the oatmeal first or just put it in without cooking?
February 5, 2009 @ 08:27 AM
GrainBelt

should i cook the oatmeal first or just put it in without cooking?

Grind the oats on low in the blender... this will loosen them up and make them actually blend, rather than sit at the bottom of your shake. No need to cook it.
February 5, 2009 @ 11:39 AM
KlAzE1

to be honest i think supplements and nutrition is completely depending on your body, and how active you are, im 21, 5'9 160-165, i eat cereal in the morning, eat about 3 lean pockets a day since im in the office from 6-5pm, banana and apple in between, take superpump250 before workout, lifting for about an hour, cereal with whey protein after, im staying at a strong between 9-10% body fat, and when it comes closer to summer i start doing some cardio again, bout 15-30mins a day, jump rope, or running, and ill usually drop down to about 6-7% body fat, on the weekends i usually eat whatever i want, most of the time its fast food, and heavy drinking, usually light beer, and im in great shape.
February 5, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
SubPrime

i hurt my right knee, i can't really do cardio, trying to lose around 10 lbs of fat atm to get lean, can i just do a 500 cal cut and lift weights 3 days a week and still lose weight?
February 5, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
cs02132

yeah you still lose a lot of calories when you lift..maybe you could do some circuits/supersets to get you sweating and lose some extra calories
February 6, 2009 @ 04:14 PM
GrainBelt

to be honest i think supplements and nutrition is completely depending on your body, and how active you are, im 21, 5'9 160-165, i eat cereal in the morning, eat about 3 lean pockets a day since im in the office from 6-5pm, banana and apple in between, take superpump250 before workout, lifting for about an hour, cereal with whey protein after, im staying at a strong between 9-10% body fat, and when it comes closer to summer i start doing some cardio again, bout 15-30mins a day, jump rope, or running, and ill usually drop down to about 6-7% body fat, on the weekends i usually eat whatever i want, most of the time its fast food, and heavy drinking, usually light beer, and im in great shape.

Great genetics man. I'm sure you work your ass off, just a lot of us aren't as fortunate with our metabolism and genetics.
February 6, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
KlAzE1

well when im at the gym its no joke and i take my workouts serious, with little to no rest, gotta put it up!
February 12, 2009 @ 10:20 PM
Chi-Town

hey guys, I hurt my back awile ago so I've been out of the gym for about 2 months. In those two months I gained abit of unwanted body fat and I lost some muscle mass, I was wondering what is a good diet to get rid of unwanted body fat (I'm working out now, so that should be factored in)?

thanks

Please login first to reply.