Official Fitness, Nutrition and Supplement Discussion Thread

March 18, 2013 @ 18:42:33
aye who else be climing Mt. Bicepius? Following dat tricep trails up to the peaks niggas

22" arms incoming

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 07, 2013 @ 21:02:09
what are your guys' thoughts on calorie counting and being super anal about intake and expenditure?  I find just eating clean a lot more productive instead of always bugging out about numbers.  I'm aware if you want to reach your best physique you have to be aware of your macros and other specific things like that but if you just want to look good without as much hassle you can watch what you eat.
May 25, 2013 @ 16:54:46
Yo, I'm 170 lbs and want to cut down to about 130. Any tips for me? And can anyone give me a non-veggie diet?
May 25, 2013 @ 18:20:08
the fuck? why wont you eat vegetables?
June 06, 2013 @ 05:42:00
Yo, I'm 170 lbs and want to cut down to about 130. Any tips for me? And can anyone give me a non-veggie diet?
try Hari-Krishna food

WTB: FISHBONES SHIRT SZ.L & THE CREATURE HOODIE GREY SZ.L

June 10, 2013 @ 08:03:57
High protein, low carb diet. And get on top of your cardio.
June 14, 2013 @ 17:21:06
that does not make sense do it right or not at all
June 19, 2013 @ 16:09:02
So for the past 2 weeka i been doing this 5day split.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm

I eat a pbnj w/ a banana and whey protein drink just about every morning, then have either subway or chicken and a salad for lunch, then i hit the gym for about an hour-hour and a half, and always do 15 minutes of cardio as a warm up. After i leave the gym i drink another whey drink (2 scoops chocolate whey+silk almond milk) and have fish and a salad for dinner.

I figures if i keep this up for the next 6 months i'll see some serious progress.

Fyi this was typed on an android so excuse the typos
June 22, 2013 @ 07:34:57
So for the past 2 weeka i been doing this 5day split.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm

I eat a pbnj w/ a banana and whey protein drink just about every morning, then have either subway or chicken and a salad for lunch, then i hit the gym for about an hour-hour and a half, and always do 15 minutes of cardio as a warm up. After i leave the gym i drink another whey drink (2 scoops chocolate whey+silk almond milk) and have fish and a salad for dinner.

I figures if i keep this up for the next 6 months i'll see some serious progress.

Fyi this was typed on an android so excuse the typos
As long as you're doing your exercises with proper form, you should make SOME progress. Because in order to make progress, your formula would have to be something like... (lift good in the gym) + (eat healthy / properly) + (rest well), and from the sound of your faggot ass noob post, you're not eating enough. 3 moderate sized meals is not good enough to make progress. If you're cutting, maybe that diet plan would be alright but you're not running enough to be considered cutting. You have to eat like crazy, and I mean healthy type of crazy. Pound them cocks in your mouth (chicken). White meat over red meat, but you can always balance the 2. Tuna and shit. Eat healthier snacks... Yogurt, peanut butter, etc.
June 23, 2013 @ 20:55:26
Im eating atleast 3000 calories now so yea.
June 24, 2013 @ 09:48:12
How do you know when you've bulked up enough?
June 29, 2013 @ 05:45:06
I'm starting to workout I just got my gym membership and I'm looking for some supplements to buy. What do you guys recommend for someone who is trying to get ripped? What's a good protein and supplements I could buy that give good results? also what would be a good workout plan?
Did this nigga really sign up on HB looking for advice on workout supplements and shit? Lmao.
July 04, 2013 @ 17:39:09
So im starting to work out now as a #frailboy, any tips?

i found the starting strength program i am going to do. what does it mean when it says this stuff though?

3x5 dead press, like does that mean i do 3 sets of 5 reps?

{ ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•}

July 06, 2013 @ 03:53:15

i found the starting strength program i am going to do. what does it mean when it says this stuff though?

Yes, noob.
July 06, 2013 @ 04:59:42
best routine is bench press n bicep curls any weight any reps
July 06, 2013 @ 05:25:34
10 charzsmokeyfacesmokeyface
July 15, 2013 @ 03:34:50
How do you honestly get abs people always tell me different things? how much BF is it? how much cardio should I do? do I need to diet? I'm trying to get ripped and have abs.
July 15, 2013 @ 12:03:01
its diet

dat's it *anderson silva voice*
July 17, 2013 @ 01:17:38
its diet

Do I need to cut certain things out from my diet of just eat healthier and small portions?
July 17, 2013 @ 01:28:30
Yo looking out for my HB brothers trying to buy some whey
I recently bought some Gold Standard Whey 

http://www.soap.com/p/optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-natural-100-whey-protein-powder-natural-chocolate-110973
Use the code SPRING20SOAP (It's only supposed to work during spring but it still works)
Your total will be $43 for 5 pounds which is a great deal + free 2 day shipping
July 17, 2013 @ 02:06:14
its diet

Do I need to cut certain things out from my diet of just eat healthier and small portions?
eat lots of vegetables, eat lots of fish, eat lots of meat, eat a little nuts, eat a little fruit

July 18, 2013 @ 12:10:50
So i got myself some cookies&cream whey. Tried it for the first time and almost puked man, tastes so fucking bad. Should've sticked with chocolate smh
July 27, 2013 @ 23:10:06
update, gonna start building more mass now for a while i've been sticking to my caloric maintenance 
my forearms are my weak point, let me know if any of you guys know any good exercises for them
Also I've started getting stretch marks around my biceps, I talked to a dermatologist about it and its due to my skin's elasticity, now i've been putting on cocoa butter and vitamin e oils to prevent furthering them 
For people that want to put on size I suggest getting cocoa butter and such to prevent stretch marks from happening, but regardless people's skin elasticity varies per person
July 28, 2013 @ 02:07:17
update, gonna start building more mass now for a while i've been sticking to my caloric maintenance 
my forearms are my weak point, let me know if any of you guys know any good exercises for them
Also I've started getting stretch marks around my biceps, I talked to a dermatologist about it and its due to my skin's elasticity, now i've been putting on cocoa butter and vitamin e oils to prevent furthering them 
For people that want to put on size I suggest getting cocoa butter and such to prevent stretch marks from happening, but regardless people's skin elasticity varies per person
if u squat heavy you can't fit your skinny jeans tho 
well at least i cant anyway and its been a few years since i squatted heavy 
July 28, 2013 @ 02:08:34

you can't dead a press :|
July 29, 2013 @ 18:59:54
Can you guys suggest a home workout routine? Been gaining weight and I just need to get active again, but I'm not gonna get a gym pass till I'm working again. I have some dumbells, resistance bands, and that thing that i can attach to my door, idk what they're called. Thanks dewds.  

grizzly on SS

August 23, 2013 @ 15:35:45
Not sure where that previous comment was on nutrition..the only thing i would add is for carbs skip the grains(in the case of rice opt white rice since the bran in removed meaning lectins and phytic acids are not present) and go to starchy low fiber vegetables like potatoes, yuca, yada yada. Also tapioca flour has all the hyper-palatability of  wheat flour but non of the damaging toxins of wheat and it tastes damn good.

Edit: I see it. I'd skip legumes so peanut butter as well(some of the same downsides of wheat pretty much) and if you get beans they need to be properly prepared via fermentation or sprouting. With nuts all you need to do is sprout them so some phytic acids are removed..
On olive oil make sure you are getting what you pay for: http://olivecenter.ucdavis.edu/news-events/news/files/olive%20oil%20final%20071410%20.pdf Even some of the brands caught in fraud make usda certified organic evoo but I don't trust them since they are already selling a product that is not what it claims to be. They could be a mixture of vegetable oils like soybean or canola, which are unhealthy, which is why some people opt for evoo in the first place. A lot of people judge by the California Olive Oil council seal, in addition to the USDA one since many people find the regulations of the latter to be to relaxed. A rule of thumb would also be to look for glass bottles that are dark since light exposure oxidizes the oil and degrades the polyphenol content. So most things in clear plastic are wack.

Coconut oil, red palm oil, and pastured butter(butter from a pastured cow/read cow that eats grass and not grains and other ish), or butter in general but if you don't care to consume pasteurized factory farm milk like myself, you can make ghee from the regular butter and separate the milk solids from the actual fat..

Meats: pastured and grassfed are optimal, then organic would be next, a step down would be hormone free yada yada, last would be the regular stuff.

Fish is more tricky since their can be incorrect labelling throughout the process of handling and shipping, leading the consumer to purchase a product that is something other than what they believe themselves to be buying.  Avoid farmed salmon like heck and try to get wild caught as often as possible. It can be expensive, though John West makes good canned wild salmon as some other brands do.
September 03, 2013 @ 07:44:43
LINK IN BIO
September 03, 2013 @ 08:06:28
^
lol i'd honestly just listen to whatever your personal trainer friend has to say and look up stuff on the bodybuilding forum instead of consulting a fashion site

•••

Please login first to reply.
x