Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 4, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
DOUBLECUP

So im starting to work out now as a #frailboy, any tips?

i found the starting strength program i am going to do. what does it mean when it says this stuff though?

3x5 dead press, like does that mean i do 3 sets of 5 reps?

प्रधानसेनापति :{ ─╤╦︻ 父

July 6, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
dontgiveafuck

i found the starting strength program i am going to do. what does it mean when it says this stuff though?

Yes, noob.
July 6, 2013 @ 04:59 AM
metalfingaz

best routine is bench press n bicep curls any weight any reps
July 6, 2013 @ 05:25 AM
unknown force

10 charzcoolcool
July 15, 2013 @ 03:34 AM
LXVIE

How do you honestly get abs people always tell me different things? how much BF is it? how much cardio should I do? do I need to diet? I'm trying to get ripped and have abs.
July 15, 2013 @ 12:03 PM
Canvas08

its diet

dat's it *anderson silva voice*
July 17, 2013 @ 01:17 AM
LXVIE

its diet

Do I need to cut certain things out from my diet of just eat healthier and small portions?
July 17, 2013 @ 01:28 AM
Berserker

Yo looking out for my HB brothers trying to buy some whey
I recently bought some Gold Standard Whey 

http://www.soap.com/p/optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-natural-100-whey-protein-powder-natural-chocolate-110973
Use the code SPRING20SOAP (It's only supposed to work during spring but it still works)
Your total will be $43 for 5 pounds which is a great deal + free 2 day shipping

***Self Made Scammer*** Shout outs to cheyaaa

July 17, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
Canvas08

its diet

Do I need to cut certain things out from my diet of just eat healthier and small portions?
eat lots of vegetables, eat lots of fish, eat lots of meat, eat a little nuts, eat a little fruit

July 18, 2013 @ 12:10 PM
izanami

So i got myself some cookies&cream whey. Tried it for the first time and almost puked man, tastes so fucking bad. Should've sticked with chocolate sad
July 27, 2013 @ 11:10 PM
Berserker

update, gonna start building more mass now for a while i've been sticking to my caloric maintenance 
my forearms are my weak point, let me know if any of you guys know any good exercises for them
Also I've started getting stretch marks around my biceps, I talked to a dermatologist about it and its due to my skin's elasticity, now i've been putting on cocoa butter and vitamin e oils to prevent furthering them 
For people that want to put on size I suggest getting cocoa butter and such to prevent stretch marks from happening, but regardless people's skin elasticity varies per person

July 28, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
adoboFosho

update, gonna start building more mass now for a while i've been sticking to my caloric maintenance 
my forearms are my weak point, let me know if any of you guys know any good exercises for them
Also I've started getting stretch marks around my biceps, I talked to a dermatologist about it and its due to my skin's elasticity, now i've been putting on cocoa butter and vitamin e oils to prevent furthering them 
For people that want to put on size I suggest getting cocoa butter and such to prevent stretch marks from happening, but regardless people's skin elasticity varies per person
if u squat heavy you can't fit your skinny jeans tho 
well at least i cant anyway and its been a few years since i squatted heavy 

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 28, 2013 @ 02:08 AM
adoboFosho

you can't dead a press confused

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

July 29, 2013 @ 06:59 PM
yunglordgrizzly

Can you guys suggest a home workout routine? Been gaining weight and I just need to get active again, but I'm not gonna get a gym pass till I'm working again. I have some dumbells, resistance bands, and that thing that i can attach to my door, idk what they're called. Thanks dewds.  

grizzly on SS

August 23, 2013 @ 03:35 PM
bernardtheblack

Not sure where that previous comment was on nutrition..the only thing i would add is for carbs skip the grains(in the case of rice opt white rice since the bran in removed meaning lectins and phytic acids are not present) and go to starchy low fiber vegetables like potatoes, yuca, yada yada. Also tapioca flour has all the hyper-palatability of  wheat flour but non of the damaging toxins of wheat and it tastes damn good.

Edit: I see it. I'd skip legumes so peanut butter as well(some of the same downsides of wheat pretty much) and if you get beans they need to be properly prepared via fermentation or sprouting. With nuts all you need to do is sprout them so some phytic acids are removed..
On olive oil make sure you are getting what you pay for: http://olivecenter.ucdavis.edu/news-events/news/files/olive%20oil%20final%20071410%20.pdf Even some of the brands caught in fraud make usda certified organic evoo but I don't trust them since they are already selling a product that is not what it claims to be. They could be a mixture of vegetable oils like soybean or canola, which are unhealthy, which is why some people opt for evoo in the first place. A lot of people judge by the California Olive Oil council seal, in addition to the USDA one since many people find the regulations of the latter to be to relaxed. A rule of thumb would also be to look for glass bottles that are dark since light exposure oxidizes the oil and degrades the polyphenol content. So most things in clear plastic are wack.

Coconut oil, red palm oil, and pastured butter(butter from a pastured cow/read cow that eats grass and not grains and other ish), or butter in general but if you don't care to consume pasteurized factory farm milk like myself, you can make ghee from the regular butter and separate the milk solids from the actual fat..

Meats: pastured and grassfed are optimal, then organic would be next, a step down would be hormone free yada yada, last would be the regular stuff.

Fish is more tricky since their can be incorrect labelling throughout the process of handling and shipping, leading the consumer to purchase a product that is something other than what they believe themselves to be buying.  Avoid farmed salmon like heck and try to get wild caught as often as possible. It can be expensive, though John West makes good canned wild salmon as some other brands do.
September 3, 2013 @ 07:44 AM
jakeisgorgeous

I need some help..
Long story is:
Me and my old man have a bet going to see who will have the lower body fat percentage at the end of this month (september). To drop weight I've hired my friend who is a personal trainer, and he's advising me on my daily food choices and training me. I've also began HIIT sprints every morning when I wake up, sprinting for 15 seconds then walking for 45. I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to assure that I win this bet? There are large stakes and losing is not an option for me. No matter how hard I have to work I will win this, I just need more advice on ways to drop fat quickly. I don't mind if there are unconventional methods that will just result in me gaining the weight back after this month is over, as long as I win. Any help/suggestions/advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
September 3, 2013 @ 08:06 AM
chief

^
lol i'd honestly just listen to whatever your personal trainer friend has to say and look up stuff on the bodybuilding forum instead of consulting a fashion site

•••

September 3, 2013 @ 08:13 AM
jakeisgorgeous

^
lol i'd honestly just listen to whatever your personal trainer friend has to say and look up stuff on the bodybuilding forum instead of consulting a fashion site
eh, i have an account on here, not bodybuilding so i figured it's worth a shot
September 3, 2013 @ 09:21 PM
mitchman003

I need some help..
Long story is:
Me and my old man have a bet going to see who will have the lower body fat percentage at the end of this month (september). To drop weight I've hired my friend who is a personal trainer, and he's advising me on my daily food choices and training me. I've also began HIIT sprints every morning when I wake up, sprinting for 15 seconds then walking for 45. I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to assure that I win this bet? There are large stakes and losing is not an option for me. No matter how hard I have to work I will win this, I just need more advice on ways to drop fat quickly. I don't mind if there are unconventional methods that will just result in me gaining the weight back after this month is over, as long as I win. Any help/suggestions/advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
I know this is going to sound like BS but i swear it works. I know from personal experience. It's called intermittent fasting and basically you fast for the majority of the day and then you have a period of time where you can eat and get all your calories in. I fast for 18 hours and eat from 2-8. If you lift weights, lift during your fast. Look it up for more in depth information.
September 6, 2013 @ 09:24 PM
airmatthias

Eat clean, train hard, do HIIT 4-5x a week and you will lose fat. Its not THAT good for your body/health/strength to lose too much over that short period, but if you wanna win that bet go ahead...
September 7, 2013 @ 01:42 PM
bernardtheblack

I need some help..
Long story is:
I know this is going to sound like BS but i swear it works. I know from personal experience. It's called intermittent fasting and basically you fast for the majority of the day and then you have a period of time where you can eat and get all your calories in. I fast for 18 hours and eat from 2-8. If you lift weights, lift during your fast. Look it up for more in depth information.
I second this. Search for leangains. Fasting hours vary but the standard is 16 hours.
September 7, 2013 @ 03:42 PM
Canvas08

for you to get the benefits of the fast, you need to eat a large amount of (healthy) fat during your eating window. if you don't then you are just starving yourself all day. get a lot of avocados, coconut oil, almond butter, olive oil in those meals.
September 7, 2013 @ 04:07 PM
sjem

I need some help..
Long story is:
Step 1: Eat less
September 7, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
Berserker

I need some help..
Long story is:
I dont understand why people dont get that if they do something crazy like trying to lose X amount of pounds in a short ass amount of time, they're bound to hit a plateau real fast. Its better to take your time and not obsess over things.
Like if you cut your calories from 3000 to 1500 to lose weight, you're going to start to feel like you're starving and within a couple days/week you will lose weight but you're gonna hit a plateau early on and cant even cut less because then you'll start to malnutrition yourself. 
I suggest cutting down slowly, cut 300-400 calories at a time til you hit that plateau and cut down another 300-400 from there, your body will adapt to eating less and less.
High protein
cut carbs little by little, dont take them all out from the beginning 

September 8, 2013 @ 02:49 AM
johnnyy

I'm in food and nutrition class this uear
September 21, 2013 @ 01:40 PM
YoungDizzal

I've gone from 185 - 205 in  8 months after i quit smoking. I have a ton of stretch marks too. Stretch marks will eventually go away though.

Keep liftiing heavy son, don't let other people tell you to stop.
September 22, 2013 @ 03:21 PM
Max S v2

it's a struggle to eat clean/healthy at college
September 22, 2013 @ 09:08 PM
jaded

Yo looking out for my HB brothers trying to buy some whey
I recently bought some Gold Standard Whey 

http://www.soap.com/p/optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-natural-100-whey-protein-powder-natural-chocolate-110973
Use the code SPRING20SOAP (It's only supposed to work during spring but it still works)
Your total will be $43 for 5 pounds which is a great deal + free 2 day shipping
If you have a Costco near you, they sell CytoSport 100% Whey for $45 and it's a 6 pound bag. That's the best deal for Whey I've found so I've been using that. It's 80% concentrated and 20% isolate, I think they have chocolate and vanilla. The chocolate is what I use and it tastes good and mixes easily.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

September 22, 2013 @ 09:11 PM
jaded

I see people do forearm curls, but honestly I don't do any direct forearm work and deadlifts have built them up just fine. If you're bodybuilding, I suppose you can look into something to target them specifically, but if you're strength training just keep lifting.

Are you working your legs at all? It's hard to tell in that pic, but don't be one of those guys that only does upper body. There's a group of guys that go to my gym that look like a bunch of light bulbs when they're standing around talking. 

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 4, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
chaobro

Hit your forearms directly with forearm curls. Add in static plate pinches at the end of workouts. Try supersetting with these static holds after forearms once you begin to plateau.

If you're not double overhand deadlifting yet, start. Start light and progress. It might take you up to a year to progress pushing real weight on the deadlift safely.

Please login first to reply.