June 14, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
Ape3

anyone fuq wit dem vibram five fingers?

tryning to get back in to running and trying to decide on some shoes
i'm tempted to try out barefoot running (only on treadmill for another couple months) but not sure how my knee would hold upz

Everyone I've talked to with em has said that they really like em. One of my friends says that running with them rapes your calves and they definitely need getting used to. The only bad thing is you shouldn't order them online, you have to go to a place like REI and get measured and shit for em.
June 14, 2011 @ 07:27 PM
Scotty

^ Well the first things were good exception don't even drink Gatorade.. Still has alot of sugar, just drink water and green tea! But the Carb part is wrong.. Yes u have to lower your calories BUT u still need a high carb intake.. But good complex carbs like whole wheat pasta, brown rice, whole wheat Bread, vegetables, fruit(bananas and berries), oats, sweet potatoes and yams.. Those should be consumed everyday.. But away with the high starch carbs like white bread, reg pasta, potatoes, and u get where it's going..

And lifting weights burns calories and there is certain weight lifting routines and exercise for lean muscle rather than mass muscle... Only need 30 hour cardio and u should do it on some days that u lift weights cause it boosts up your metabolism..

And also to remember to eat lean meats like chicken, turkey, fish.. Eat 5-6 small meals a day not 3 big meals.. Plus eat good fats, good amount of protein an carbs with lower calorie intake.. Good supplements can help this process as well!
June 15, 2011 @ 03:06 AM
It's Only Hype

June 16, 2011 @ 03:05 AM
uusunn

First, lose all your drink calories. This will help you lose tons of weight. Meaning drop all sodas, juices, and arizona ice teas, vitamin waters, etc. Gatorade is ok, but try to drink it during workouts instead of as a normal drink. Rule of thumb: stick to water. It speeds up your metabolism and manages your hunger if you drink enough.

Second, get rid of all extra unnecessary calories. This means unhealthy salad dressings, mayonnaise on your sandwiches, and brown sugar on your strawberries. These extra calories add up and store themselves right around your waistline, creating that stubborn lower belly fat.

Third, lose the sweets. Just GET RID of them. Don't eat cookies, don't eat cake, don't eat breakfast pastries, don't eat milk chocolate. This is the hardest, but after a few weeks of not eating desserts you'll see your belly start to get flatter and you'll feel less bloated. The killer with desserts is that people usually eat them at night, meaning your bodies metabolism is slow and it's more likely to store itself as fat.

Lastly, lose the unnecessary carbs. If you're trying to lose fat, you'll need to lower your calorie intake, and this starts with the carbs. Pasta, Pizza, Mashed potatoes, fries, all need to go. Nutritional carbs like vegetables, oats and some fruits are good because they have nutritional value, but they should be eaten with lunch and breakfast and less with dinner.

If you follow these basic guidelines and are consistant with them, and I mean CONSISTANT, you will see fast results. Add 30 minutes to an hour of any type of cardiovascular exercise every day and some weight lifting (not necessary for losing weight though) then you will quickly shed pounds. After 3 weeks you'll see results and get used to the lifestyle. The first three weeks are the hardest, but if you push you can do it. Just make sure you lower your calorie intake so you can lose weight (try 4 to 6 SMALL portion meals a day) which helps you metabolize food faster.

Good luck, if you have any questions just ask, if anything I said was inaccurate, feel free to chime in, I'm no expert but I know my fair share, I think...

Sound advice. The hardest part to cutting is the diet. After be aware of what you take in, you finally realize how much bad shit you were eating beforehand. Interval training (high intensity) coupled with eating right will do wonders as well (performed on off-days from lifting). I lost about 20 pounds in three months this way to get cut.

http://waynesun.com

June 16, 2011 @ 03:22 AM
adoboFosho

what is the best 3 day m w f lifting program to do for increasing strenf/endurance while cutting
thinking of sets with reps of 4 with sets of 20 with major compound lifts / more local lifts accordingly

t th
id save moar for intensive cardio but for the summer im in this college tkd class just for general fitness etc

idk if it matters but i have access to p90x, insanity, gsp rush fit suprised all for free along with bas rutten's mma workout which is old school but really effective but never done in a while &)

also got a thai bag but haven't used in a bit but could for cardio after t th

other than that got gym membership &)

need to cut from 190 18%bf to 165ish at 5"6 sparring is exhausting at this weight sad but need to know proper macros cus ckd/keto diet wouldn't make sense and should have higher carb uptake |0 starting strength dude says zone is best

have loads of spinach eggs broccoli whey meat ev00 no nuts due to allergy for fats oatmeal white rice post workout etc

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

June 16, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
Scotty

^ U are trying to lose weight not cut weight.. U are looking to drop 30 pounds and 18% BF which is alittle different then cutting.. But i mean u are on the right path nutrition wise, just like i stated a Few posts back u need good amount of protein, High carb, and low calorie diet.. Basically at 195 u need around a 2000 calorie diet, 150-190 grams of protein, carbs are going to be way up there as well..

lean meats/protein source - chicken, turkey, fish, beans
Complex carbs - brown rice, whole wheat pasta and bread(make sure it says no high fructose corn syrup), sweet potatoes, yams, oats, whole grain cereal vegetables and fruits
Vegetables and fruits - green vegetables spinach, broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, peppers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes... Berries, apples/bananas and stay away from the citrus like oranges, pinapples etc..
Fats: Nuts, fish, flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter
Supplements: Whey Protein, multi vitamin, fish oil, CLA, BCAA, glutamine, creatine...

And for a workout if u looking for endurance and strength find a good circuit training routine with weights for those 3 days and do cardio and abs the others..

* Also this is for everyone trying to lose weight and body fat... So we dont have to keep answering the same questions
June 16, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
adoboFosho

^ U are trying to lose weight not cut weight.. U are looking to drop 30 pounds and 18% BF which is alittle different then cutting..

no im 190 18% bodyfat tryna get down to 165 5% around but in reality more around 10% at a higher weight don't really need such low bf

what do you think a cut is lmao

and whats wrong with citrus

scivation states citrus is like a really low similar effect to how grapefruit works which is completely different but i don't see how you didn't mention it

and seeing how you mentioned nuts made me realize you didn't really read that i have an allergy towards those and could only use olive oils and avocado and fat from eggs really

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

June 16, 2011 @ 12:51 PM
Scotty

A cut is shedding the little excess fat off your muscles... Mainly for bodybuilders when they are bulking up, they put on alittle extra weight cause of the calorie intake so they have a cut process which just sheds that little weight off the muscle.. they go from like 6-8% BF to around 10%.. Which they will drop alot of calories, there protein and carb intake than they usual do.. They also do different workouts.. But for someone who is say 18% BF which i was at this past year, is alittle more than extra weight so u go through a different weight loss process than actually cutting weight.. Which i see that as more of losing weight/fat not just shedding an extra few pounds off..

Citrus fruits actually carries more sugar than other fruits.. And yes i have read about grapefruit being effective in the weight loss process.. Also was just giving out basics as u can see.. I also added nuts cause i was giving this out to everyone not just you if u read the bottom part of my post..
June 16, 2011 @ 01:00 PM
adoboFosho

well anyway

im looking for a good 3 day workout still
im used to 4 day weight workouts weekly

i started off years ago with full body 3 days a week and have been trying to split recently and not looking to weight workout on sat

i seen chest/tri, back/bi, leg/shoulder splits

chest/back, legs , bi/tri/shoulder

etc but im trying to keep the major 3 lifts in check but working more on strength / endurance

don't really need much hypertrophy anymore other than probably arms &)

June 17, 2011 @ 01:20 PM
frosty33

whats everyones favorite pre-workout supplement, im thinking about getting jacked, anyone fuck wit it?

NO shotgun is pretty good, has protein and creatine(and alot of other stuff) in it but it is a lil more expensive than jack3d. I heard your body gets accustomed to jack3d after awhile and you'll need more to get the same energy.
June 19, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
Scotty

^ That's pretty much for all pre workouts cause it's a booster... Your body needs more for it to actually work after using everyday for a long time.. Reason I don't even bother with it and just drink green tea an a good protein meal...
June 20, 2011 @ 09:03 AM

Inactive

You should have some backup supplement though, in case you're in a rush or something, and won't be able to eat, and enjoy your cup of tea ..
These were fire btw
June 20, 2011 @ 03:25 PM
Scotty

^ In my case, I workout in the morning after breakfast before work so that's mainly why I don't need a pre workout.. Also pure bars are a great bar, taste is alright but Iike em cause they are low on sugar, high protein and good carb/calories.. Going to order a couple boxes myself this week I think!
June 23, 2011 @ 11:02 PM
DunkPunk

took C4 before i went to the gym today and felt GREAT.

c4>jack3d

UCSB.

June 24, 2011 @ 08:11 AM
snowflake

i take whey protein!
June 24, 2011 @ 08:34 AM
binays

useful work has been bi. I wish you success in your new.
June 24, 2011 @ 06:38 PM
It's Only Hype

My buddy was eating this nutrition bar with 30g of protein. I forgot what is was called though >:
June 25, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
itZj0k3R

Currently looking for a new pre-workout and I'm not sensitive to any stims/caff.

Used jack3d, it was alright for a while, really got me focused.

Now I'm using naNO Vapor Hardcore that my friend gave me and wow that really gets me pumped and heated up. I'm starting to run out and looking for a better NO preworkout and from a more reputable brand.
June 30, 2011 @ 11:38 AM
levi

superpump/1 M.R.
June 30, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
ClydeFrazier

i honestly feel like the slight energy boost from creatine as well as a good nights sleep should be more than enough for a good workout, but thats just me.

Melo Gang All Day

July 1, 2011 @ 06:12 AM
fatbro

anyone know how long creatine mono stays good for?

i bought some back in....2008, and i've been using it for the past few months. no side effects, but i'm beginning to suspect it just doesn't work..
July 2, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
itZj0k3R

anyone know how long creatine mono stays good for?

i bought some back in....2008, and i've been using it for the past few months. no side effects, but i'm beginning to suspect it just doesn't work..

Isn't there an expiration date on that bitch? Anyways I think it should still be alright. When taking creatine you gotta take in alot more water. Just lift and take it after on your lifting days about 5 grams.
July 3, 2011 @ 11:08 PM
alberto.1989

Just a FYI for people who have trouble eating chicken breasts, switch to chicken thighs, much more juicer and tastier.

What do you guys think about having a few beers on the weekends with the boys? Surely you can fit them into your macros can't you?
July 3, 2011 @ 11:32 PM
Scotty

^ No it's not bad for you if u are just grabbing a couple.. But having more than 2-3 isn't the best thing to do.. Here is the thing people should understand and I didn't realize this either til about a month ago.. U can have any thing u want(cheat meals, etc) as long as you know how to proportion it and a timely manner.. Having a couple beers once a week won't effect ya if u are going to workout the next day... A piece of cake/cookie/greasy meal won't effect u either if u eat every once and awhile.. It's actually is good for you cause sometimes while u are on a low calorie diet, it's good to have a day where u eat alot of calories... And it also keeps u sane! Hahaha
July 4, 2011 @ 07:58 PM
ClydeFrazier

i drink 2-3 times a week

prolly why my strength/physique isn't what it should be

Melo Gang All Day

July 4, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
tmwtg

You guys getting any results?

Would you say diet is more important than workout? I'm just trying to shave off 10-15 lbs. Insanity or just regular diet/exercise?
July 4, 2011 @ 08:53 PM
ClydeFrazier

i feel diet is far more important than the workout

stick to protein and good fats, no carbs aside from postworkout meal

Melo Gang All Day

July 4, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
alberto.1989

i drink 2-3 times a week

prolly why my strength/physique isn't what it should be

yeah man ever since i turned 21 and i can buy my own shit i drink more

1-2 times a week, but when i do i pound like 6-7 beers

feelbadman.jpg
July 6, 2011 @ 04:43 PM
Scotty

You guys getting any results?

Would you say diet is more important than workout? I'm just trying to shave off 10-15 lbs. Insanity or just regular diet/exercise?

Diet is the most the important part of the whole process.. If u arent eating how you are suppose to then u arent good to see the best results.. If u are lifting weights, doing cardio but eating pizza, donuts, fast food all the time there is no point.. You eat right, you workout and you will see the results.. Also i will post my results on friday morning of the past 4 months from going from 200 down to whatever i weigh in at tomorrow...

i feel diet is far more important than the workout

stick to protein and good fats, no carbs aside from postworkout meal

Pootie i hope u arent doing this? U need more my grams of carbs than you do protein.. U have to eat the good carbs throughout the day.. Its essential of good nutrition..
July 7, 2011 @ 08:48 PM
Phlipstar

Can't really sit down and go through 60+ pages so i'm not sure if it's been asked before but fuck it here goes...

First, my situation; Right now I'm on a 1400 calorie a day diet. My maintenance taking into account my height, weight and activity is 2,200 so as you can see i'm trying to cut weight. On workout days I usually burn from 600-1000 calories at a time and usually do it 5-6 times a week.

The question is, do you guys eat back the calories you burn? On the internet I always see it from two sides. Some say to eat the calories b/c if you don't, you'll be in an extreme caloric deficit and your body will go into starvation mode and others say you shouldn't because it would just cancel out your workouts.

What's your thoughts on this fellow hbers?

Please login first to reply.