Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
May 26, 2011 @ 05:06 AM
strange-static

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/nonfat milk fats of either almonds or peanut butter w/ apple or banana

Snacks: greek yogurt, fruit, carrot juice, bowl of veggies, Odwalla Green machine w/whey protein blended

Lunch: Salad with 2 chicken fillets an a mix of random veggies, Brown rice w/6 egg whites, brown rice with tuna fried with random veggies

Snack: Greek yogurt, bagel, almonds, egg whites

Dinner: Brown rice w/veggies, curry chicken, roasted chicken

Wow, nice!

I need to get on that almond butter level, asap!
May 26, 2011 @ 10:05 AM
traCk.

thoughts?

how much do you weigh and are you bulking?
May 26, 2011 @ 10:25 AM
ClydeFrazier

how much do you weigh and are you bulking?

6ft 178 Lbs

trying to gain some lean mass. only 2 weeks in and i'm going up in strength fairly quickly.

Melo Gang All Day

May 26, 2011 @ 11:15 AM
Scotty

^ Pootie get rid of the whey at night especially if u are already eating cottage cheese at night.. Cottage cheese is full of casein protein and Whey is for immediate absorption.. If u still think u need more protein at night drink a small casein shake.. Cause it takes longer to breakdown which is great for when u are sleeping.. Also i would add like a tablespoon of peanut butter to one of your blend shakes,just to get some healthy fats in there.. Other than that looks good, i would also suggest getting some bcaa for your workout.. Actually everyone should, studies are being shown that BCAA is one of the better things to be drinking when lifting and after..
May 26, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
ClydeFrazier

yeah i know all about the whey vs casein, i just figured it's a few hours since i last ate so it wouldn't hurt to get some immediate protein before hitting the sack (plus cottage cheese by itself tastes like shit), but i'll probably invest in some casein protein

i usually throw in avocados for my turkey burger or sandwiches, but i'll get some natural pb soon. any other recs for fats?

i was looking into BCAAs recently. have you heard anything about purple wraath?

Melo Gang All Day

May 26, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
hugotan

thanx for share. good job.
May 26, 2011 @ 12:06 PM
sinciselit

thanx for share. good job.
May 26, 2011 @ 01:37 PM
Scotty

yeah i know all about the whey vs casein, i just figured it's a few hours since i last ate so it wouldn't hurt to get some immediate protein before hitting the sack (plus cottage cheese by itself tastes like shit), but i'll probably invest in some casein protein

i usually throw in avocados for my turkey burger or sandwiches, but i'll get some natural pb soon. any other recs for fats?

i was looking into BCAAs recently. have you heard anything about purple wraath?

For fats i usually have Fish oil vitamin, nuts, natural peanut butter for the most part.. Fish has some good fats as well.. I've been seeing quite a few people using purple wrath but i use Xtend right now since i left my recon back east.. But overall i like Xtend thats what i would recommend, MP recon as well or try purple wrath and give a review on it.. Here is my stack for right now as i am getting as lean as possible and dropping body fat:

- ON 100% Gold Standard Whey protein
- ON CLA
- ON Opti men
- ON Fish oil
- Xtend BCAA
-Green Tea

After i get as lean as possible and drop my body fat % to around 10, im going to start a program to add a bit of muscle which then i will switch up supplements.. Im going to add ON casein, ON oats & Whey, ON Glutamine, possibly add Creatine for a 6 week cycle and will drop the CLA... But thats not for another 5-6 weeks though..
May 26, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
traCk.

i also use Xtend. Scivations a great brand and the watermelon flavor is tits.
next week im switching to a 3days/week fullbody program tho and bcaa's wont be of much assistance since im upping my caloric intake. so its a clean bulk all summer or at least until i feel like im losing aesthetics
May 26, 2011 @ 06:01 PM
Scotty

^ BCAA would BE an assistance.. If u are bulking up then u will want BCAA in your routine.. Especially if you are doing full body workouts 3x a week.. This will help alot, unless when u say clean, u arent going to take any supps. whatsoever and just eat all good whole foods that are packed with Protein and Carbs?
May 26, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
traCk.

no no the only supps i use are multi, fish oil, and protein. to my knowledge bcaa products help more on a cut because they do a good job to preserve muscle. so while eating in a calorie deficit they serve as an aid. but if im gunna be bulking, im eating all day anyway and its gunna be nutritious foods so i dont see the need.

this is just what ive taught myself through research if you can point me towards info that says otherwise id appreciate it though.
May 26, 2011 @ 10:08 PM
Scotty

Top 10 Supplements for Bulking:

10. BCAA's

Why you need it: These have been around for a while now. Mostly because of their anabolic and anti-catabolic properties. These properties have been questioned a lot recently and this has lead to their decreasing popularity in favour of new, hyped and expensive products despite the fact that they have had incredible effects for a lot of people. So I wanted to correct matters first. Who would claim that BCAA's are not anti-catabolic, needs to look in to the physiology of leucin, the first of the BCAA's. It's a precursor to the metabolite HMB which has been proven to illicit anti-catabolic responses by avoiding the burning of muscle-tissue in catabolic states. By virtue of that alone, but also the strong synergistic effect between leucin and its metabolite, that makes BCAA's very anti-catabolic. As for anabolic, let me remind you that amino acids are what all tissue is made from. Anabolic meaning that it promotes growth, I would say that alone proves it is anabolic. Moreover people often believe in the anabolic properties of non-essential amino acids. Non-essential amino acids on a healthy high-protein bulking cycle will be just that, non-essential. They are not needed. First of all there are plenty, and if there weren't the body can make more of them from essential amino acids. Those two factors combined makes it highly unlikely that a non-essential will be absorbed at all. They basically bypass the system and get excreted. Yet still a lot of bulking bodybuilders prefer to take glutamine or arganine over essential amino acids. Essentials however are always absorbed and used, if not directly then to manufacture non-essentials or metabolites. Of all 9 essentials, BCAA's (valine, leucin, iso-leucin) are most directly involved in muscle-tissue formation. That makes them probably the best choice for extra amino acid supplementation. Branched Chain amino acids are definitely not your first choice for supplementation, but as a proven staple in bodybuilding they should be prioritized over some of the newer, more expensive crap out there.

How it works: Amino acids make up proteins. Dietary proteins are storage for amino acids, but not all proteins contain the right balance of amino acids that we need. And we can't be choosy about food when bulking. An imbalance of non-essentials can be overcome, but to get the right amount of essentials you need to gear intake towards it. So it makes sense to get extra of the most anabolic of them. Basically they work the same as the aforementioned amino acid formulas. BCAA's are just targeted more specifically to an athlete.

How to use it: BCAA's are best used around training time to really make them worth the money. If you train in short intense sessions it makes sense to get a 5-10 grams with your post-workout meal shortly after your session to promote recovery and muscle-formation. If you are the type that loves endless hours of lifting followed by long cardio-sessions, you may be better off getting 5-15 grams prior to your training to avoid catabolic circumstance and promote recovery from such activities. This is also a good idea for multi-sport athletes. It can't hurt to get them both before and after a workout, but you'll find that this will soon become a very expensive hobby. There are better ways to spend your money.

There is no designated dosage, the bigger you are the more you need. What you do need to watch is the balance between the amino acids leucin, iso-leucine and valine which should be as close to 2-1-2 as possible. I know from experience that not many companies have such a mix, so as close to it is the best advice I can give.
May 27, 2011 @ 01:21 PM
traCk.

but my arguement is that the protein i use has bcaa's. hence making the "sip throughout the day" arguement invalid since i will be eating throughout the day haha
May 27, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Scotty

^ O yeah Protein gives u the amino acids that BCAA carries but BCAA works faster than protein.. Reason they say drink while and post workout.. Also bcaa carries glutamine which u should be taking when bulking cause you need to replace it after lifting.. All in all, bcaa is a good product for whatever reasons of working out.. They even say u should drink it after doing anything athletic as well..

Also for u track and for everyone who is trying to gain muscle(will be doing this after).. The big 5 its called, just read about it..

-Whey/casein (Upon awaken, post, before bed)
-Glutamine (Upon awaken, post workout)
-BCAA (During and post workout)
-Creatine (low dose pre, double post)
-Omega 3 (fish oil) (After breakfast)
May 27, 2011 @ 05:37 PM

Inactive

i also use Xtend. Scivations a great brand and the watermelon flavor is tits.

That product sounds dope, how'd you use it, and how does it work?
May 27, 2011 @ 07:04 PM
Scotty

^ look up a few posts, i quoted a whole article on bcaa and it tells how it works plus how to use it..
May 28, 2011 @ 11:05 AM
traCk.

That product sounds dope, how'd you use it, and how does it work?

its an intra workout drink that you sip to kind of give your muscles instant fuel. dont expect to feel anything like you would from say a pre-work out stimulant though. i play a ton of basketball too and if i bring a water bottle filled with xtend i can run an extra game or two before i get completely exhausted
May 28, 2011 @ 03:43 PM

Inactive

aight then.. You recommend watermelon? Orange sounds good.
May 28, 2011 @ 03:53 PM
ClydeFrazier

scotty, you ever try dymatize whey? i'm debating between that or ON whey for a 10 lb bag (i go through the stuff pretty fast)

Melo Gang All Day

May 28, 2011 @ 05:54 PM
alberto.1989

yo pootie i bought a 10 pounder of dymatize elite mocha and it tastes awful. I don't know about the other flavors
May 28, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
ClydeFrazier

i don't like experimenting with my flavors, i tend to stick to vanilla for protein. rarely disappoints.

Melo Gang All Day

May 28, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
Scotty

scotty, you ever try dymatize whey? i'm debating between that or ON whey for a 10 lb bag (i go through the stuff pretty fast)

I never tried dymatize but im a strict ON Whey person now(as wel as ON supps.).. After trying Combat from MP, Myofusion, and the GNC brand I feel ON is the best Whey protein.. So in my opinion get the 10lbs of ON Whey and stay with that... Its good nutritionally and has good results! My favorite flavor is double rich chocolate, tastes just like chocolate milk.. Im not a fan of Vanilla so i never tasted it but i cant see it tasting bad if u are a vanilla fan..
May 28, 2011 @ 07:43 PM
ClydeFrazier

had my buddy bring by a sample of the dymatize vanilla and it tasted much better than my roommates ON vanilla, so i ordered that. i'll order the double rich once i run out though. thanks man.

Melo Gang All Day

May 29, 2011 @ 07:48 AM
traCk.

aight then.. You recommend watermelon? Orange sounds good.

never tried orange, only had blueberry and watermelon and the watermelon definitely wins
May 29, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
Scotty

^ I have lemom lime and taste good a hell... And the funny thing with xtend is certain flavors have alittle more powder in them.. haha
June 1, 2011 @ 08:21 AM
m1k3E

Hey guys, first post on this thread.

I am about to graduate college and being in college I always find myself with no time to eat right (typically eating 2 meals a day if that...) and work out due to school, homework and my internship (just an excuse to myself razz). That being said, I have easily been apart of the "freshman 15" demographic but it has carried along with me into my senior year unfortunately. Since I am graduating in two weeks, I finally have the time to eat right and work out. IF I did find time in my schedule, I would work out for like 3 weeks straight and then find myself being lazy again so my workout schedule would be on and off, rinse and repeat...

I'm trying to lose weight while getting cut. I stand at a tall 5'6 lol and weigh about 157...

I plan on doing some fat burning workouts paired with running (working out 3-4 days a week and running 5-6). After about two-three weeks, I want to start the fat burning version of p90x (I can't think of the name).

Also since I am graduating along with a lot of my friends, I can expect tons of graduation parties full of bad food and tons of alcohol. Will consuming alcohol while trying to lose weight simply omit my efforts?

I just want to know your thoughts and if you guys had any tips for a pretty average fit person?

Thanks!
June 1, 2011 @ 01:03 PM
Scotty

^ Make a schedule for yourself to where u get atleast a 45 minute workout in somewhere.. Start eating 4-5 small meals a day, eating 2 meals a day is just slowing your metabolism down.. Dont even bother with the p90x and those workout dvd's.. Just find a good lean muscle program(i have mine in the workout routine thread) or do circuit training routines.. Grad parties are going to be a killer unless u can hold your self back.. Just try to eat the good food and yes alcohol isnt the best thing especially beer..
June 1, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
m1k3E

Thanks for the speedy feedback Scotty. How often should I try to do a 45 minute workout during the week in terms of days? and how often should I pair it with running? (Sorry that my questions are very rookie-like).
June 1, 2011 @ 01:32 PM
GrainBelt

So much inaccurate information in this thread.

(I realize I'm not making things better, just had to let those know who are taking these posts seriously.)
June 3, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
jkatakoon

If I'm trying to bulk, should I limit my cardio or not do any at all? I actually haven't done any cardio (besides playing bball/vball once a week) in over a few months.

Please login first to reply.