SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
May 12, 2011 @ 12:25 PM
hanguk

I just copped some assault off bb.com, should i go half scoop or full scoop?

half, full if half isn't hitting you. assault has some nice pumps still got half my tub left im using 3/4 scoop.
May 12, 2011 @ 12:59 PM
GOLDENi

I just copped some assault off bb.com, should i go half scoop or full scoop?

Depends on the person.

I use a full scoop, the thing is I have a high caffeine tolerance. I've been using assault for about 3 months now smile, love it!

Unfortunately I will have a half of a tub left over when I leave for boot camp on Monday.
May 12, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
alberto.1989

i was a 3 scoop guy on jack3d. only 3 scoops would give me the desired effect but it also gave me the shits. haven't been on jack3d in weeks.

edit: what flavors are you guys rolling with? i heard great things about the green apple flavor so i copped that
May 12, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
hanguk

what the fuck 3 scoops of jack3d..
are you cycling your supplements?

i got that artic berry blast doe tastes fucking good.
May 12, 2011 @ 05:48 PM
GOLDENi

i was a 3 scoop guy on jack3d. only 3 scoops would give me the desired effect but it also gave me the shits. haven't been on jack3d in weeks.

edit: what flavors are you guys rolling with? i heard great things about the green apple flavor so i copped that

I started with fruit punch, LOVED IT!

Now I got Green Apple, been on it for a few weeks & it's my FAVORITE! Shit's so damn good, tastes like a green jolly rancher.

I tried the Artic Raspberry? I had a sample & that was good too.

Muscle Pharms flavors are on point.
May 12, 2011 @ 06:31 PM
alberto.1989

what the fuck 3 scoops of jack3d..
are you cycling your supplements?

i got that artic berry blast doe tastes fucking good.

well i started off at 1 scoop and it worked for a bit then i had to do 2 scoop and then 3.
May 13, 2011 @ 12:13 PM

Inactive

I'm trying to empty my box of No-Xplode, 3-4 scopes each time now lol
May 13, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
GOLDENi

Holy fuck 3-4 scoops of NOX?!
May 13, 2011 @ 01:55 PM

Inactive

Yeah man, and it really does something with my mood as well, straight antidepressants.

Ed: I googled 4 scoops, to make sure I don't fuck up anything, and found this lol
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSf5Fd8QBk
May 16, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
F/22

I'm trying to empty my box of No-Xplode, 3-4 scopes each time now lol

wow lol thats too much for the supp. I would suggest not too

do yourself a favor throw it out or give it to a friend.
May 16, 2011 @ 06:00 PM
biglocal

I was wondering what are some good supplements to use to bulk up? What do you all recommend for: pre, during, and post workouts?
I'm 5'6" 155lbs with about 9.9% bodyfat.
May 16, 2011 @ 08:55 PM
chaobro

Nothing. Strong mind is all you need as a beginner.
May 16, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
biglocal

Well I'm not exactly a beginner, it's just that I've been losing/lifting/maintaining my weight for a long time now, I just never really cared to bulk up until now
May 16, 2011 @ 10:52 PM
Scotty

I was wondering what are some good supplements to use to bulk up? What do you all recommend for: pre, during, and post workouts?

Dont really need a weight gainer but u could use one... Mainly eat more calories, normally 1000 more than u usually would but keep it healthy calories not just stuffing your face with whatever.. Also grab some whey protein and casein protein, BCAA/Glutamine, and dont need a pre but u can use assault(highly recommended).. If u are looking to get alot bigger you can grab a weight gainer as well..
May 16, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
biglocal

What protein would you recommend?I know proteins vary when it comes to calories, grams of protein etc
May 16, 2011 @ 11:55 PM
Youngfresh6def

how does ON whey protein taste? im a big fan of strawberry flavored stuff, is the strawberry ON alright tasting?
May 17, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
Silence

^ Myofusion tastes amazing. Profile is great also, whether you're taking it in the morning, post workout or before bed.

Along with whey, I'd also pick up some cheap creatine monohydrate, a basic multi-vitamin and fish oil. Those should be your 4 basic supplements. Pre-workout/Intra supplements aren't necessary, but if you have the money go for it.

It's already been mentioned plenty of times in this thread, but without proper training and diet, all these supplements are pointless.

/

May 17, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
Silence

What protein would you recommend?I know proteins vary when it comes to calories, grams of protein etc

Myofusion tastes amazing. Profile is great also, whether you're taking it in the morning, post workout or before bed.

Along with whey, I'd also pick up some cheap creatine monohydrate, a basic multi-vitamin and fish oil. Those should be your 4 basic supplements. Pre-workout/Intra supplements aren't necessary, but if you have the money go for it.

It's already been mentioned plenty of times in this thread, but without proper training and diet, all these supplements are pointless.

/

May 17, 2011 @ 12:21 AM
F/22

just buy a good whey protein and maybe casein protein before bed

don't give into the whole "bulking up supplement"
see how easy it is for you to gain weight first if you never tried bulking. If you can't keep up with a high calorie intake then resort to other supplements in the long run. If your gaining weight by a clean high calorie diet forget the supplements an just stick with a good whey protein suppl.
May 17, 2011 @ 01:02 AM
biglocal

The whole "clean high calorie intake" sounds tough, what would be an example of meals you guys would consume to achieve the calories?
May 17, 2011 @ 01:29 AM
F/22

veggies
alot of good carbs from whole wheat, dairy
protein from lean meats eggs etc

Its not really hard.

When I said that I basically mean don't assume bulking means you can kill a pack of donuts in a sitting or a candybar you get it?
May 17, 2011 @ 01:43 AM
biglocal

Haha ya I understand, I know the difference between good and bad food, I used to
weigh 205lbs all fat, now I'm 155lbs with only about 10% bodyfat
May 19, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
ClydeFrazier

veggies
alot of good carbs from whole wheat, dairy
protein from lean meats eggs etc

Its not really hard.

When I said that I basically mean don't assume bulking means you can kill a pack of donuts in a sitting or a candybar you get it?

hey what's your diet lookin like right now?

Melo Gang All Day

May 21, 2011 @ 12:37 AM
F/22

hey what's your diet lookin like right now?

I'm not on any special diet I just make sure my strength goes up but my weight stays the same as much as possible

roughly...

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/nonfat milk fats of either almonds or peanut butter w/apple or banana
Occasionally whey morning after the day i worked out

Snacks: greek yogurt, fruit, carrot juice, bowl of veggies, Odwalla Green machine w/whey protein blended

Lunch: Salad with 2 chicken fillets an a mix of random veggies, Brown rice w/6 egg whites, brown rice with tuna fried with random veggies

Snack: Greek yogurt, bagel, almonds, egg whites

Dinner: Brown rice w/veggies, curry chicken, roasted chicken

My diet seems light, but so far as far maintaining weight It works for me, and I get my protein and carb needs. And my performance at the gym is pretty good for what it's worth.
May 24, 2011 @ 12:54 AM
nickchiang

Youtube(nutrition/exercise)
I'm starting a new YT channel soley for nutrition and exercise vlogs
if you guys are interested the first intro video will be up in a matter
of days. Please subscribe ! :D

youtube.com/nickchiang001
May 25, 2011 @ 12:19 AM
D. Rose

Been working out for 2 months straight now, my bench max went from 135-165 right now, and hoping to get to 170 this Friday.

Weigh 130 roughly.

I could see a big improvement. I've been eating less carbs, more protein. Light protein bar in the morning, bar after workouts, and half a bar before I sleep.

Seems to be wrking

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

May 25, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
Scotty

^ First problem is cutting your carbs.. at 130 pounds u should be eating around 130-190g carbs a day.. Not all carbs but complex carbs.. Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, Sweet potato/yams... Dont cut out the carbs, mistake alot of people make.. Also after workout drink a Whey shake instead of a bar.. Use bars as inbetween meals snacks..

* Also i just became a strict ON user now! Was going with MP for awhile but find ON much better nutritionally and just a much better product right now...
May 25, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
D. Rose

So I'm really holding myself back by cutting on the rice every dinner?

I've actually been on Creatine for maybe a month now. Been taking a spoonful in my gatorade right after workouts.

If I don't have a whey shake to drink after every workout, will a spoonful of creatine in gatorade followed by a bar suffice?

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

May 25, 2011 @ 01:06 PM
traCk.

* Also i just became a strict ON user now! Was going with MP for awhile but find ON much better nutritionally and just a much better product right now...

i use ON as well man, great protein for lean muscle development. doesnt hurt to have some oats pre workout too(if bulking). i usually toss them in with the last couple sips of my shake and slam it down

*however* i do also use Gaspari's Myofusion because i believe protein blends tend to be better than isolates and other forms. ON Gold Standard is strictly post workout and the Myofusion is any other time i consume a shake
May 26, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
ClydeFrazier

my day

wake up: 30g of protein 30g of oats shake

30 mins later: 5 egg white omelete with spinach and tomatoes along with 2 slices of wheat bread with almond butter

hour later: creatine and protein shake

30 later: workout

immediately after workout: 40g protein 40g oats shake

post workout meal: either a turkey burger or some chicken and pasta

dinner: chicken spinach salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, etc

before bed: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with almond butter and 30g of whey protein

thoughts?

Melo Gang All Day

Please login first to reply.