300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
December 2, 2008 @ 05:23 PM
niko

Well, whats your goal?

I'm already quite toned, considering I have been working out on/off for the past couple of years. But my goal would be to ALWAYS look toned (in the morning I look skinny) and to get a little bigger.
December 2, 2008 @ 05:34 PM
Brandon

I'm confused, you want to look big and toned at the same time?

Do you have an ideal physique you want?
December 2, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
niko

I'm confused, you want to look big and toned at the same time?

Do you have an ideal physique you want?

Sorry if there is any confusion, basically I want to look how I look after a good workout 24/7; I would also want my existing muscle to increase in mass.
December 2, 2008 @ 05:46 PM
Brandon

Why not bulk during the winter than cut just in time for spring?

Just have a clean bulk, little to no fast food, eat lots of protein, carbs for breakfast (exception of complex carbs).

Lift heavy. Try my routine:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

I packed on muscle mass very fast. My friends even noticed that I got huge, some of em' thought I was on M1T's or roids lol..
December 2, 2008 @ 05:54 PM
niko

Routine looks intense lol. I'll give it a try, and hopefully it will meet my needs. Thanks again man, very helpful info.
December 2, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
kdiddy

Why not bulk during the winter than cut just in time for spring?

Just have a clean bulk, little to no fast food, eat lots of protein, carbs for breakfast (exception of complex carbs).

Lift heavy. Try my routine:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

I packed on muscle mass very fast. My friends even noticed that I got huge, some of em' thought I was on M1T's or roids lol..

Good advice, cycling bulking and cutting is the best way to get results IMO. You see results faster when you focus on one goal at a time.
December 3, 2008 @ 02:13 AM
unknown force.

i'm thinking about trying the velocity diet once i get cleared to work out.

should I do it guyz?

i'm around 5'10 185-195
want to cut to get around 165-170 just to see how i look as a skinny fuck haha.
i haven't been able to work since i had surgery on october 21st but will hopefully be able to after december 16th if all is well.
December 3, 2008 @ 02:46 AM
Brandon

F that. Why would you subsitute meals for a shake?

Keto diet my friend. forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4145823

Great for short term cuts; 3-5 months or so.
December 3, 2008 @ 09:43 AM
DaTruth1

Two words. One amino acid.

BETA ALANINE
December 3, 2008 @ 06:00 PM
kdiddy

I've tried Keto and didn't like it personally. I lost a little, but I've had better luck with Low Carb, High Pro, Moderate fat. It can be really difficult to stay in keto unless you're really strict about your diet. No one reacts the same to everything though.
December 3, 2008 @ 06:52 PM
cs02132

i was just looking that up and it doesnt really seem safe to do. all that fat and no carbs and all the side effects? no thanks

you guys think you could post what you would normally eat in a day? im trying to make a diet plan and need a foundation (yes i know chicken, tuna, veggies, etc but i need actual meals)
December 3, 2008 @ 08:28 PM
Brandon

Not safe? Whole forum dedicated to just the Keto diet!

forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

"A ketogenic(high fat diet, not 75% though) is for bodybuilders. If done properly it allows a full metabolism shift to a fat for fuel one with little or very little protein conversion to glucose. The body will use free form fatty acids for fuel and energy levels will increase in most. An area of great debate is the fact that many nutritionist are just now coming to grips with the fact that fat is actually the preferred source of fuel in the body(including the brain especialy) and not glucose. This really gets the old school nutritionist flaming...But more and more evidence is showing this to be fact."

Taken from forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=24641

Person lost 150 lbs + from using Keto diet.

I am not trying to convince you to use Keto diet, I just want [if you do decide to read] you to actually understand how Keto and your body works.

As for me, I started lifting/dieting in Feb 08. I was about 197 lbs and now I weigh 179.5 lbs. How? I had a great diet no guide lines really, I was smart about what I ate. Generally people know what are in foods they order at a restaurant, how bad it is/good..etc.. I had a diet of high protein and low carb diet. And stacking with that diet I used fat burning supplement and ephedrine (yes I know about this crap).

In order for you to actually start losing weight you need to take consideration of what you consume/burn in a day. To actually lose weight you need to consume below 2000 calories (I believe 2000 or 1800. Correct me if I am wrong) Losing weight is based on calorie intake.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:30 PM
kdiddy

My cut diet: Meals 2-3 hours apart.

Meal 1: Syntha6, Egg Whites, Half a Whole Wheat Bagel, Smart Balance Spread
Meal 2: (Snack)Peanuts and Raisins
Meal 3: Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Olive Oil
Meal 4: (1 hour pre work out) Syntha 6, skim milk
Meal5: (Post Work out)Whey Protien
Meal 6: Tilapia, Broccoli, Olive Oil
Meal 7: Syntha 6, Skim Milk
December 3, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
kdiddy

i was just looking that up and it doesnt really seem safe to do. all that fat and no carbs and all the side effects? no thanks

you guys think you could post what you would normally eat in a day? im trying to make a diet plan and need a foundation (yes i know chicken, tuna, veggies, etc but i need actual meals)

It may seem unhealthy because of the high levels of fat, but it can be very effective, it is just very difficult to stick to. Getting into to Ketosis isn't that hard really, staying in Ketosis is the pain in the ass.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:35 PM
pnsho

All of you must be pretty buff.

If so, any recommendations for me to lose my thunder thighs? I'm thinking if I lose fat on my thighs, I'll lose fat as well on the buttocks.

They're the bane of my existence. Can't get good denim.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:36 PM
Brandon

I personally have not tried it yet, but I am actually starting it today!

And you think consuming all that fat is bad? Nah, its the good fats.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:37 PM
Brandon

If so, any recommendations for me to lose my thunder thighs? I'm thinking if I lose fat on my thighs, I'll lose fat as well on the buttocks.

Running targets legs, basically cardio. Do you work out your legs?

I find squatting at a reasonable amount of weight at 3 sets made my legs slimmer.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
kdiddy

In order for you to actually start losing weight you need to take consideration of what you consume/burn in a day. To actually lose weight you need to consume below 2000 calories (I believe 2000 or 1800. Correct me if I am wrong) Losing weight is based on calorie intake.

It is all based on calorie intake, but there is no base calorie intake to start losing weight. First, he needs to find out what his maintainence calorie intake is, then I'd drop about 250-500 calories from that. My maintainence is about 2500-2750, so I usually cut weight at 2000-2200 calories and bulk at 2750-3000 calories.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
kdiddy

There really isn't an exercise that will cause you to lose fat in specific areas, this is a common misconception. All you can do is lower your calories and get plenty of cardio. The fat may not come of your thighs right away, but eventually it will.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
Brandon

kdiddy - Are you a member of BB.com?
December 3, 2008 @ 08:50 PM
kdiddy

I dabble.
December 3, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
cs02132

There really isn't an exercise that will cause you to lose fat in specific areas, this is a common misconception. All you can do is lower your calories and get plenty of cardio. The fat may not come of your thighs right away, but eventually it will.

yeah i did that already. i found out taht i need 2287.2 to maintain my weight and now im eating no higher than 1787 per day
December 3, 2008 @ 08:55 PM
kdiddy

yeah i did that already. i found out taht i need 2287.2 to maintain my weight and now im eating no higher than 1787 per day

I wouldn't eat any less than that either, you don't want to drop your calories too low, but you're on the right track.
December 3, 2008 @ 09:27 PM
vinhhhh

How do you find out what your daily needs are?
December 3, 2008 @ 10:24 PM
cs02132

How do you find out what your daily needs are?

i used this www.webmd.com/diet/how-fast-is-your-metabolism
December 4, 2008 @ 01:52 AM
pnsho

I used this:

www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7984

Scroll down and open the Excel file. Insert your own stats, and they'll tell you.
December 5, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
unknown force.

i've read on on the keto diets but i really like the streamlined v-diet. i know its hard ass shit and everything since your just engulfing mush for a whole month but it's easy to follow since you don't have to cook or anything...

still debating on it though
December 7, 2008 @ 09:26 AM
aran nasir

kdiddy, I got GH enhancers from BB.com a couple of months back, they helped a lot in recovery during my cycles, but then after 2 months I ran out of caplets and basically wasn't able to get more until this week, do you know if this will mess up with my system if I use them and then stop (which I did) before using them again?
December 7, 2008 @ 06:35 PM
hollertronix

My usual diet:

7am: 1 scoop casein, 1 cup skim milk
8am: 1 cup oats, 1 banana
10am: 2 slices extra lean deli turkey, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 slice havarti cheese
12pm: 10oz chicken breast, 1 cup brocolli, 1 cup brown rice
2pm: 6 whole wheat crackers, 1 cup cottage cheese
3pm: 1 cup carrots, 1 cup snowpeas
5pm (pre-workout): 1 scoop isolate whey, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup oats
7pm (post-workout): 1 scoop isolate whey, 1 cup water
8pm: 10oz chicken breast, 1 wheat flatbread
10pm: 1 cup cottage cheese
11pm (est): 2 scoops casein, 1 cup skim milk

Only supplements I take are protein, glutamine, taurine, and creatine. Currently sitting at 5'11, fluctuating between 183 - 188...

December 7, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
cs02132

good shit dude

found a 70 page recipe thread on bb.com so im about to make a 6 day (sunday is cheat day) diet plan.. you guys think you could critique it once im done?

Please login first to reply.