Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
September 21, 2010 @ 08:18 PM
GOLDENi

Damn, you barely get any protein in your diet! Get more meat/fish in there bro!
September 21, 2010 @ 08:35 PM
gnar

Not a smart breakfast either. As stated above, you need more protein, and I don't want to sound like Tony the Tiger or anything, but breakfast is the most important meal.

Buy some protein powder and mix it in with some oats (not the already flavored oatmeal) and if you want to sweeten it then put some cinnamon sugar in there.

But a 3/4 of Cheerios is a joke. Do you really know how much a 3/4 a cup is?

If you don't have a good breakfast than you're more likely to break you diet and binge eat because you are so hungry.

Also, a snack shouldn't be liquid or water, it won't cause satiety and you are more prone to grab another snack. Add a Nutragrain bar or something. It won't cause satiety and you are more prone to grab another snack.
September 21, 2010 @ 08:38 PM
gnar

And be realistic, you can't have the same thing everyday. Make 5 to 7 options for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
September 21, 2010 @ 10:49 PM
babyshoe

what i ate today. :p

meal 1
5 eggs, 2 pieces of sliced ham, 2 pieces of cheese, 2 pieces whole wheat toast, banana

post work out shake

2 scoops pro complex + 1 scoop waxy maize

post work out meal about an hour later

7 oz chicken, 2 tblspoon extra virgin olive oil, tomato sauce, 2 pieces whole wheat toast

meal 3

2 cans of white albacore + pickle relish

meal 4

2.5 cups of cottage cheese + granola + raisins

meal 5

10 oz chicken on a foreman grille, 2 cups of broccoli, carrots peas green beans, half a sweet potato

meal 6

1 cup cottage cheese + non fat yogurt

and wtf. you're 155 lbs at 5'10 and you want to go down to 140?
September 22, 2010 @ 09:07 AM
alberto1989

Yo good shit babyshoe, I can't stand cottage cheese or eggs though, and their a big part of a bodybuilders diet sad
September 22, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
Youngfresh6def

And be realistic, you can't have the same thing everyday. Make 5 to 7 options for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

nah i got good will power, etc i can stick to same diet, not cheat. im not fat at all either im kinda skinny fat, i need to add muscle.
September 22, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
babyshoe

i don't think anyone in the world would think you're skinny at 155 lbs. eat more, lift heavy weight and sleep. Only way to grow. Do you know how many calories that is? It can't be very much unless you're having a monster of a dinner.
September 23, 2010 @ 08:51 AM
traCk.

Yo good shit babyshoe, I can't stand cottage cheese or eggs though, and their a big part of a bodybuilders diet sad

If you cant stand cottage cheese you need to learn to love it.
If you just cant bare the taste, heres what i do:

put a couple of spoonfulls of cottage cheese into a bowl
slap a scoop(or more, depending on your liking) of natural peanut butter in with it
sprinkle a bit of your protein powder on top(makes flavored cottage cheese essentially)
and after that add what you like, whether it be granola, nuts or something of the like.

for me specifically i put the cottage cheese, 1 scoop of pb, i use chocolate ON casein (usually have this late at night) and on top i sprinkle "heavenly chocolate" flavored bearnaked 100% granola.
it is fucking DELICIOUS and has just short of 30g's of protein
September 23, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
traCk.

nah i got good will power, etc i can stick to same diet, not cheat. im not fat at all either im kinda skinny fat, i need to add muscle.

its gunna be almost impossible to add muscle and lose body fat. id think about eating more, lifting heavier, and getting enough rest like stated. and from there you can worry about cutting
September 23, 2010 @ 05:23 PM
GOLDENi

So if you don't eat enough you won't gain muscle?

I get enough sleep & lift heavy but some days I don't get to my 2500-3000 calorie range.
September 23, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
traCk.

Not necessarily, but you wont bulk up as much. Your diet has a lot more to do with "working out" than the actual working out part as funny as that sounds. What you eat all depends on your goal though.
Overall if you are trying to gain strength/mass I would eat, eat, eat. Try and break down your meals into 6 throughout the day and just make sure each one is chock full of protein.
September 24, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
tonysteak

I been lifting for awhile now, but im still an amateur. I push heavy weight, but im looking for some more muscle mass. im still on 3 meals a day, but im trying to upgrade into a better diet with more meals. anyone got a sample diet I can use or framework?

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

September 25, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
sicledge

There is no secret to putting on mass. The more you eat, the more you will put-on. I don't care how heavy you lift or what supplements you are on. If you don't eat, you are wasting your time.
September 26, 2010 @ 08:03 PM
babyshoe

I been lifting for awhile now, but im still an amateur. I push heavy weight, but im looking for some more muscle mass. im still on 3 meals a day, but im trying to upgrade into a better diet with more meals. anyone got a sample diet I can use or framework?

you need to work on your diet if you want to get bigger. more protein, more carbs, less junk food.
September 27, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
traCk.

yeah i mean its actually alot more simple if you want just a clean cut answer.
more chicken, steak, rice, broccoli, peanut butter, nuts, cottage cheese, and milk.
all day everyday. throw in a whey protein shake for help as well. i would personally recommend optimum nutrition
September 30, 2010 @ 03:12 AM
tree fiddy

need advice

my current workout consists of this

monday-chest/tri
tuesday-back/bi
friday-shoulder/legs

everytime i do tri's after chest/bi's after back/back after bi's i'm not usin the fullest capabilities of my muscles cuz they're tired by then. should i switch it to chest/back and bicep/triceps?

or will chest/tri get me stronger and i just keep pushin at it. i feel weaker though and my lifting drops considerably
September 30, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
babyshoe

your current plan is fine. weird ass split though. mon tues friday? you should really do legs so you aren't on the jersey shore work out plan.
September 30, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
tree fiddy

my bad i meant wednesday not tuesday, and i do work out legs.

but i feel weak as shit after sad
September 30, 2010 @ 07:20 PM
sicledge

I work my legs purely for the testosterone. Squatting is probably the most important lift of any routine. You get your squat up and everything else will follow (bench, deadlift, military press: they will all get better).
October 1, 2010 @ 04:44 PM
traCk.

^STEP YA SQUATS UP.

freal tho
October 1, 2010 @ 05:07 PM
GOLDENi

Whats your sets like with squats?

3 sets of 10 or til failure, or what?
October 1, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
scrm

squats have made my facial hair look thicker. they're super fab.
October 1, 2010 @ 07:37 PM
babyshoe

that's bro science designed to get bro's to do squats. You should want to be balanced. Top heavy is just lame.
October 4, 2010 @ 12:57 AM
alberto1989

copped this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/bcaa.html

this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/creatinemonohydrate.html

this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/glutamine.html

each serving size is 5 grams, could i combine all 3 and drink it pre work out and post workout?

or would it be too much?
October 4, 2010 @ 01:16 AM
ClydeFrazier

did squats for the first time in years a few days ago.

still have trouble walking haha

im doin chest/tri, back/bi, off, legs, shoulders/forearms/calves, off

Melo Gang All Day

October 4, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
babyshoe

copped this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/bcaa.html

this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/creatinemonohydrate.html

this
www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheapsupplements/glutamine.html

each serving size is 5 grams, could i combine all 3 and drink it pre work out and post workout?

or would it be too much?

it shouldn't matter. but you should read up on creatine monohydrate. loading then stick to 5 mg a day.
October 4, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
unknown force.

lol
October 5, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
traCk.

did squats for the first time in years a few days ago.

still have trouble walking haha

im doin chest/tri, back/bi, off, legs, shoulders/forearms/calves, off

I would personally include calves on your leg day if time permits. Also, my recommendation is to do majority of chest workout on your chest/tri days and the back workouts on your back/bi days. Seeing as the compound exercises for chest and back stimulate your triceps and biceps theres no need to put too much focus on isolating those two muscles. Most people tend to overwork their biceps especially. Not trying to preach to the choir just trying to offer helpful advice.
October 5, 2010 @ 06:51 PM
traCk.

it shouldn't matter. but you should read up on creatine monohydrate. loading then stick to 5 mg a day.

this. make sure you know what your doing before taking something like creatine. not that its dangerous or anything really but you should be educated on a product before taking it. also, including a drink like apple or grape juice with creatine post workout is not a bad idea.
October 5, 2010 @ 07:09 PM
TKDESIGNROOM

i've been getting pretty bad breakouts on mouth area, is my workout causing this?

streamzoo = redsalapao - instagram = greensalapao

Please login first to reply.