Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
November 9, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
kdiddy

I feel like there is a need for separate thread pertaining to strictly diet/nutrition and supplementation. If you have questions about: what, when and why you should eat certain foods or questions about certain supplements, please post here. If you feel like you need help with your diet, post up what your eating and we'll see if we can help out. There has been a shit ton of misinformation floating around lately, so hopefully we can clear things up for the people who are not in the know.
November 10, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
pnsho

I take fish pills before every meal.

That helps, right?
November 11, 2008 @ 05:23 PM
Brandon

Mutlivitamins taste like what they smell like; take once a day before breakfast along with 2 fish oil pillz.
November 11, 2008 @ 06:37 PM
Logikal Accord

Guess this can include food. So here goes...what I eat every single day! And no, I never get sick of it.

Breakfast:
* 2 Eggs + 1 Egg White - Scrambled w/ Onions and Green Peppers (Sometimes I throw tomatoes in the mix)
* Piece of Fruit: Usually an apple, pear or orange.
* Slice of Toast w/ All Natural Peanut Butter

Workout

Post-Workout (5-10 minutes after):
* Skim Milk w/Whey Protein

Meal 2: 20 minutes after Shake:
* 13-15 Almonds (Yes, I portion size it..sue me)
* Piece of Fruit

Hour after Meal 2: Lunch? LOL:
* Turkey Burger - On a bed of Spinach/Tomatoes w/ Spinach and Tomatoes on Top
* 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli

***If Class:
Chicken Salad w/ Spinach, Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomatoes
Later On: 4 Slices of Low Sodium Deli Turkey, Fruit

Meal 4:
* 13-15 Almonds
* Piece of Fruit

Meal 5:
* Chicken Breast
* 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli

Meal 6:
* Piece of Fish (Either Salmon or Tilapia)
* 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli

Meal 7:
* 4 Slices of Low-Sodium Deli Turkey
* Piece of Fruit

Meal 8: Usually an Hour-Hour and a half before Sleep:
Sliced Banana w/ All Natural Peanut Butter

All input, comments, criticism is appreciated.
November 11, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
kdiddy

I'd suggest taking some Caesin Protein with your last meal. It's digested very slow making it the ideal protein to take presleep to reduce/eliminate catabolism during rest.
November 12, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
KICKROCKS

^ +1

try some low-fat cottage cheese.

I'm trying to bulk, so aside from simply eating a lot of (good) stuff, I take whey protein and a multivitamin twice a day (day/night).

and

plus some aminos...but I'd like to get some natural fish oils or flaxseed oil as well. Anyone mess with that?
November 12, 2008 @ 05:57 AM
Logikal Accord

I take fish oil with breakfast.

Cottage cheese is gross to me.

Will look into cassein protein before bed. Thanks
November 12, 2008 @ 08:29 AM
kdiddy

Trust, regardless of your goal, it's something you'll want to do. You don't have to go straight Casein, you could also go with something that uses a blend of proteins(one that includes Casein). I would highly suggest Labrada Prov60, it has a great protein blend for use as a night time formula or meal replacement(you'd have to add carbs and fat though, it's pretty much all protein), and it's one of the best tasting mixes out there.
November 12, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
GrainBelt

I'm currently taking:

before workout,

and

November 12, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
Logikal Accord

most people find casein unneccesary.....if you have the money to blow go ahead

I wish having money to blow was easier. I'm going to look into it this weekend.

akkord....i dont know what your goals are but if i were you (which im not..so take my advice however you want it..)

For the past few months, my goal was to cut fat. It's worked quite well. When I first started, I was at 190. Right now I'm at a lean 165. Good muscle/fat ratio. I'm going to be working on gaining after the Holidays.

- id switch the "piece of fruit" and "broccolli" in meal 5 & 7 - If I had the chance to cook it, I'd do it. Unfortunately, I'm out for those meals.

- switch the "2 eggs + egg white" in breakfast to "1 egg + 2 egg whites"- May I ask why?

- just a quick glance....but you cant be taking in more than 1600 calories total less i missed something...im assuming your trying to lose weight..? - That was the goal. The new goal will be getting back to 190 but lean.

- include almonds/peanut butter/other source of fat in every meal that doesnt already have it (w/ the exception of postworkout shake)... - Is that an excessive amount of fats? I thought the amount (PB 2x a day, Almonds 2x a Day) would be plenty. Can you explain why? I certainly don't want to lose muscle.

just a few thoughts after a quick read....if you really wanted to get in depth you could clarify what your goals are and watch your macronutrient composition/insulin levels/GI of what you eat..you could get into blood alkalinity but thats just making matter complicated.. - Way too indepth for me, haha, but I appreciate all the help/info.
November 12, 2008 @ 09:32 PM
kdiddy

most people find casein unneccesary.....if you have the money to blow go ahead

Why would anyone find a slow digesting protein before bed time(basically a fasting period) unnecessary? It is highly recommend by many different sources and the science makes sense.

@TCP: Animal Pump, good shit. Muscle Milk is great as well, mostly as a meal replacement due to the carb and fat content. Not that you can't take it post work out, I'd recommmend a straight whey protein with some quick digesting carbs and no fat after training, mainly for the insulin spike and quicker absorption. Muscle Milk is great throughout the day and for presleep.
November 13, 2008 @ 12:24 AM
chopstickthugz

ever since i've watched this documentry called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" about steroid usage in USA. Very good by the way

there was a part about making their own brand of supplements which was incredibly easy because they didnt have much restrictions. Of course, that's because it involved with money. can't think of the % off of my head, but state of Utah produces over 80% of the whole supplements industry so they had to pass laws for less restrictions n more products.

*There was a MMA fighter named Sean Sherk who took at least 30 different supplements over the counter then got suspended for 6 months by the California Atheletic Commission and few of them had a illegal steroids in them. i was quite surprised by the fact that they included illegal substances.

therefore, i recommend hemp protein shake. i've heard it's the best without all those nasty fart smells n uncomfortable feelings in your stomach. Like i said, i've only FOUND these information on the Internet. Personally i dont work out consistently... yep consistency is the key n the hardest part of working out.
November 13, 2008 @ 09:16 AM
kdiddy

just an observation...for whatever reason most people disregard casein, whether they just dont know about it or decide not to use it ionno...i know most pro lifters dont use casein since they manage they manage their diets so well

at one point i was looking into casein myself but couldnt justify buying it...if i have some spare $ lying around ill probably end up buying it sometime soon to try it just for the sake of trying it

that said though, you can get the same glycemic effect + protein dosage as casein from cottage cheese and peanut butter before bed...caseins a good alternative though if you have the $, i know some people find CC disgusting

That's one of the main reasons I'm into it, Cottage Cheese is fucking disgusting. It's not really the taste for me, more the texture. But you are right, if you can stomach it, it's a great alternative.
November 13, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
zangetsu13

info on multi vitamins plzz! i just brought mega men from GNC pretty good, my piss is neon though, but i heard thats from the B vitamins. Also can someone clear this misconception...im 18 at the moment... 5'10 if i keep taking multi vitamins and exercise regularly will i grow taller? I'm hearing yes....
November 15, 2008 @ 06:35 PM
kdiddy

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=28816141&posted=1

thoughts?

I've been taking NO boosting products for a while now with no problems. The key is really knowing what all the ingredients do and how they work together. That way you don't just end up with some marketing bull shit.
November 15, 2008 @ 06:40 PM
DC RA

i eat kobe beef and takoyaki...........all the supliment i need
November 17, 2008 @ 09:53 AM
kdiddy

Not supplements, but ok.
November 30, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
cs02132

what does fish oil actually do? i always read that people take it and i think i might start cause my dad has a bunch of bottles of them laying around

im currently lifting 4 days a week and running 4 days a week but im hoping to move up the running to 6-7 days starting tomorrow

i need to find a better diet..i havent been losing weight but instead ive just been replacing muscle with fat, which is still good, but id prefer to get slim and cut than bulky
November 30, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
Brandon

Fish oil - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_oil

If you wanna get slim then find a different routine, use less weight, more reps/sets etc...
November 30, 2008 @ 10:26 PM
cs02132

"Fish oil is recommended [1] for a healthy diet because it contains the omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that reduce inflammation throughout the body."

wat

and i was doing a less weight more rep workout for like half a year and didnt see much results so ive been doing a more weight with the same amount of reps and i have seen more results in like 2 months than 6 wiht the other
November 30, 2008 @ 10:28 PM
unknown force.

i think that the best route for getting toned is to do weight you can rep around 10 times and taking short breaks between sets, like 30secs

so on bench or something

185x10
30s
185x10
30s
175x8
November 30, 2008 @ 10:52 PM
Brandon

"Fish oil is recommended [1] for a healthy diet because it contains the omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that reduce inflammation throughout the body."

wat

and i was doing a less weight more rep workout for like half a year and didnt see much results so ive been doing a more weight with the same amount of reps and i have seen more results in like 2 months than 6 wiht the other

Have you tried using different excercises?
December 1, 2008 @ 05:20 PM
vcarter7114

Syntha 6 is one of the better tasting protiens i have ever had...
December 1, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
cs02132

Have you tried using different excercises?

im actually fine with the workout that i have now, i like it a lot. its just that i dont keep a consistent diet but i actually figured out how many calories it takes for me to maintain my weight and subtracted 500 from that and now im trying to eat that every day. today was my first day at that
December 1, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
kdiddy

wat

All routines work, but none work forever. Keep changing things up. Really your weight lifting regimine doesn't have much to do with you gaining weight. It's all in your diet. Eat between 250-500 calories less than what it would take you to maintain weight, then find a workout routine that works for you. Try a fat burner like Lipo6 too if you want to see faster results. Honestly, you really need to get your diet straight before anything else.

Syntha 6 is one of the better tasting protiens i have ever had...

I agree, that and Labrada ProV60 are the best out there when it comes to taste.
December 1, 2008 @ 10:59 PM
Brandon

cs02132 - Look up Keto diet.
December 1, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
NYTID1

for those that use fish oil.....which brands do you use and why????
December 2, 2008 @ 12:35 AM
Brandon

I got a no-name brand off of nutraplanet; 1000 caps for $20.
December 2, 2008 @ 01:07 PM
niko

Hey dudes, I need some advice. I'm 18 yrs old, around 5'8"and 145-150 lbs; I do work out maybe 4 times a week - 20 to 25 min of cardio, then lifting weights and working on stomach etc. I drink a protein shake within 30 min. after exercise. I do not keep a steady diet (counting calories and that stuff) so I need any open advice to help me improve (supplements, diet etc.) Thanks.
December 2, 2008 @ 05:10 PM
Brandon

Well, whats your goal?

Please login first to reply.