Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 18, 2008 @ 11:57 PM
IveyAlumneye

Anyone here train BJJ?
I train out of Joslin's Karate in Ontario, Canada
Just strating training again, stopped at a brown belt
Would love to get my black belt, but with university it's going to be a pain in the ass to say the least

Lets get talking!
October 19, 2008 @ 02:17 AM
++Phil

i really want to get into it, theres this spot right around the corner from my house
October 19, 2008 @ 11:32 AM
Edward Chiu

sf has gracie jiu-jitsu. top notch
October 20, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
IveyAlumneye

Oh man, I would love to learn graci BJJ, some of their techniques are over my head though, we practice a few of their chokes

And to the guy who wants to start, it's really never to late to learn, its a great past time and keeps you in great shape
October 21, 2008 @ 08:30 PM
chopstickthugz

i dont train but yeah being MMA fanatic i want to learn it someday.

i dont know but i only have a desire to learn No-gi Jiu jitsu like Eddie Bravo. the reason behind that is because traditional BJJ would be too slow paced n stalling.

it's bit off to topic but i would rather take Judo than BJJ if Gi is involved. just because of sweet judo throws. the thing about judo is that flexibility will beat strength and small person could beat bigger opponent (well i guess that goes same with any grappling because the uses of leverage against joints which no one cant train to turn it into some kind of iron)

*my favorite BJJ practioners are Ricardo Arona, Big Nog, Marcelo Garcia, Shinya Aoki, Demian Maia, and Souza Jacare.
October 21, 2008 @ 08:34 PM
dynamiteden

jew-jitsu
October 22, 2008 @ 07:14 PM
FVisILL

No one has better BJJ talent then Big Nog.
October 22, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
gerard

BJJ is teh shitz!

I was gonna go train at Ralph Gracie's Jiu-Jitsu Academy at Mountain View like in 05 lol..

But no money/license at the time so I got videos LOL
October 22, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
DeeCaff

i used to train bjj but i couldnt keep up with the $100 monthly fee and didnt want to get cauliflower ear. it was pretty bad decision on my part, but at the end of the day my ears dont look like frankenstein.

anyways i keep up with abu dhabi and enjoy watching technical grappling. my favorite include roger gracie, demian maia, and ricardo arona.
October 23, 2008 @ 02:41 PM
DeeCaff

yea it was unlimited and a great deal to. but my buddy got it while getting swept. he drained it properly and it still looked pretty deformed. the cartilage apparently doesn't heal and retains some of the shape. so if you're consistently draining your ear the cartilage is still vulnerable to damage and mis-shaping. anyways im going to start training again soon with headgear. il look like a douche but whatever.
October 28, 2008 @ 09:43 PM

Inactive

anyone here train [size="5"]bj[/size]j?
I train out of joslin's karate in ontario, canada
just strating training again, stopped at a brown belt
would love to get my black belt, but with university it's going to be a pain in the ass to say the least

lets get talking!

hahahahaha
October 28, 2008 @ 11:33 PM
FVisILL

hahahahaha

If your laughing at the fact this dude thinks he has a brown belt and can get a black belt then....cosign. No way in hell, BJJ isnt karate. You actually have to do some real shit to get awarded a brown belt.
October 29, 2008 @ 07:40 AM
chopstickthugz

ive heard it usually takes about 4 years to get Blackbelt.

i cant remember clearly but i believe BJ Penn got his blackbelt in 2yrs...
October 29, 2008 @ 03:49 PM
DeeCaff

ive heard it usually takes about 4 years to get Blackbelt.

i cant remember clearly but i believe BJ Penn got his blackbelt in 2yrs...

actually now the average is 5-6 years depending on who you train with. 6-8 months for blue, 1 year for purple, 2 years brown and then the rest until black. after every 3 years you add a stripe (1 stripe first degree black belt etc...) to your belt.

yea bj is a beast, fastest american to receive his blackbelt. theres videos of him tapping out judo black belts as a whitebelt.
November 24, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
daBDE

I've been training BJJ since July or something, and I absolutely love it! I'm currently just a white belt, but hoping to get by blue around february-march maybe. I train at Stavanger MMA-Center in Norway, under Master Felipe Mota (Akxe BJJ)
December 29, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
GXNDXLF

whitebelt, training under Cristiano Marcello at CM System in Curitba
December 31, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
jaded

There is a Gracie place here in town, but my friend told me it's ridiculously expensive. Koscheck has one of his AKA gyms here, but I don't think they are a strict BJJ gym.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Please login first to reply.