Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 6, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
magmar

alright, right now I'm looking at

enjoi 7.6
bones red
venture v5 5.25in
bones stf 51mm

with a 15% discount code I found, it comes to $168 CAD w/ free shipping. just wondering if this is an okay setup. are 5.25in trucks okay with 7.6 deck? shit, I just realized it has an 8in axle i think.. that won't work will it?

Setup is fine but imo, plan b's are better than enjois. I've skated both and I've had better experiences with plan b even though I snap them faster (you won't snap it at all cause you're just starting out). Instead of 51mm, I'd recommend getting at least 52mm because you'll he riding them for a while and 51mm are on the smaller side. I started out with 54's and now I only skate 52mm. With 5.25 trucks, you'll be just fine with that width.

ive heard good stuff about both plan b and enjoi, I really don't know. it was a 50/50 toss up between the two but I kind of prefer the enjoi graphic on the deck more than the plan bs i know concerning about aesthetics aren't ideal but maybe I'll try out plan b next in the near future. and I think ill go with your advice on the 52mm wheels aswell. thanks!
August 7, 2012 @ 03:06 AM
GoRubio

What just go out on your own with nobody to even speak to?

Real talk, I actually like skating alone. Cruising the streets at night, doing slappys at some places, and even skating flat, all better when I'm by myself.
I actually haven't skated in like 3 months, so I might setup a board soon and try to get some footy/photos before school starts back up again.
August 7, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
Dat1Dude562

@gorubio

I prefer skating alone as well but I don't mind skating with homies too. I end up skating longer with friends than by myself.

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

August 26, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
EritreasMostBlunted

Sup guys, I've grown up playing A LOT of Tony Hawk games, watching skating videos to pass the time, etc and always wanted to get into skating but always ended up getting crappy kmart boards as Christmas gifts as a kid haha. Now that I have a job and money, I've thought about getting into skating again but this time actually getting a good board to learn with. Any tips?
August 26, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
MF CHEUNG

I'd say start by getting a dece setup then just skate street, then learn how to do an ollie and work your way up from there.
August 26, 2012 @ 05:42 PM
EritreasMostBlunted

Yeah thats what I really wanted to do was just start pushing around and stuff first, since I heard skatings a good way to get around college campuses so I was planning on that in the future. Also because I'm going to my country Eritrea for vacation next year so I think it'd be fun to skate there. Bunch of little kids like wtf is this kid doing?

I just don't know what set up to get lol
August 26, 2012 @ 06:11 PM
MF CHEUNG

Best way is to just go to your local skateshop and see what they have, they'll most likely help you out and they're friendly. I currently ride a Chocolate with Royal trucks with Bones Red bearings and blank 50mm wheels. Bones red bearings are cheap and smooth so you should stick with those, Royal trucks are pretty good but so are Indy's and Thunder.
August 26, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
EritreasMostBlunted

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, I've got a couple of good skate shops around, thanks for the advice btw!
August 27, 2012 @ 07:40 PM
Cxstanza

It's all about that Polar Hype!

http://polarskateco.com/polarpromo/
August 28, 2012 @ 07:00 AM

Inactive

My setup:

miko mo girl deck''

thunder trucks

spit fire wheels

bone swiss bearings
September 1, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
DCLXVI

I love that feel when you're skating on a spot you just discovered and you see those wax stains on the concrete lol
September 1, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
至高

quick question: walk or ride uphill?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

September 5, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
Cxstanza

Walk, no question
September 7, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
jahbink

Walk, no question
why would anyone want to skate up a hill thats retarded haha

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
jahbink

favorite skaters: Gonz, Manderson, Mark Suciu, Daniel Espinoza

my setup is :
8.25 Anti Hero
Independent trucks raw
bones STF's green 52 mm
Shake Junt bearings

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
jahbink

hey guys, I'm getting interested with the idea of skating again, for getting exercise/having fun, etc. one thing is, last time I skated was when I was like 10 years old and only had a shitty board from toysrus.

I'm just hoping you guys can help me out with the basics on what to get on a board. I'm looking for a lighter board if that makes sense cause that shitty toysrus board I used to have was heavy as shit even though I could still ollie and kickflip (sometimes). Looking for street skating and tricks.

thanks in advance!

You'd be good with what I recommended at the top but instead of the independent trucks, go for thunder lights. I loved mine but the kingpin cracked after 2 years sad

For a deck there really isn't much of a difference in weight (don't get a tech board such as almost double impact, element push, blind eternal life, because those are heavy). You'd be fine with a shop deck at your local shop instead of a pro board since they cost more.

thanks! any brand of boards you would recommend? I think a skinnier board would suit me well probably a 7.75? I noticed there are different heights for the trucks, which would you recommend?
what size is your shoe

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
jahbink

hey guys, I'm getting interested with the idea of skating again, for getting exercise/having fun, etc. one thing is, last time I skated was when I was like 10 years old and only had a shitty board from toysrus.

I'm just hoping you guys can help me out with the basics on what to get on a board. I'm looking for a lighter board if that makes sense cause that shitty toysrus board I used to have was heavy as shit even though I could still ollie and kickflip (sometimes). Looking for street skating and tricks.

thanks in advance!
reals are really good, size 775 to 8, independent trucks, bones stf, reds bearings would be a good setup for street

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
jahbink

anyone have surgery on their leg/ankle and got back into skating? or a metal plate in their leg?
my friend got a metal hip and he still skates haha

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
jahbink

HB fam, I'm looking to learn how to skate this summer (free time and all).

What's the best set-up I can get for <$100? What tips do you have for a new guy?

Thanks, whodis.
you wont get a good setup for under 100. Deck: 40-60, Trucks: 25 per truck, Wheels: 30, bearings: 15-60

o-)--

September 7, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
SnapCrackPop

J dill back on the vans team!
September 9, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

Inactive

Deathwish board
Gonz, Jason Dill, and Nakel Smith and antwuan dixon are fucking awesome
September 12, 2012 @ 05:20 AM
Attractant

I landed a fakie bigspin down a four stair today.

I was skating at my local park and a ten year old lazer flipped a curb.

I've lost my motivation

Iced out Arizona boyz

September 12, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
davidalotorres

New girls, old music is what I want...

September 14, 2012 @ 03:32 PM
GoRubio

I landed a fakie bigspin down a four stair today.

I was skating at my local park and a ten year old lazer flipped a curb.

I've lost my motivation

Kids are too good these days. I can't even play a game of skate with them without getting skunked.
September 14, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
Dat1Dude562

^word

There were these three little kids (no older than 10) at a local skatepark grinding the shit out of all the rails and ledges. Everyone stopped and looked at them because they were so small and so damn good. I never took the time to learn much of grinds in fear of breaking myself. Looks fun though.

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

September 18, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
Crispy1

Check me out. its kinda old footage but check it. except the second one.

September 23, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
eightducks

Hey, I recently moved and there are no skateparks nearby. Any suggestions for places to skate. Theres no parking lots either. Thanks!
September 23, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
californiaboy

run that shit to ride back down cool
September 23, 2012 @ 07:23 AM
bridger

So I kind of want to get into skating but I feel like I'm too old to start. I'm 17 and I have a little cruiser to get around on so I can at least ride but idk if it's too late. thoughts?
September 23, 2012 @ 07:51 AM
itsgart

So I kind of want to get into skating but I feel like I'm too old to start. I'm 17 and I have a little cruiser to get around on so I can at least ride but idk if it's too late. thoughts?

@bridger just do it man. Lil' wayne just started last year or somethin? haha just kiddin, but yeah skatings so fun, start up

**1/24/2014**: ALL OF MY SUPREME GOING DIRT CHEAP! tinyurl.com/SupremeBLOWOUT

Please login first to reply.