Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 18, 2012 @ 08:20 PM
DaPark

^Gremmie Sleeper for the model name
Anyone have any cruiser board recommendations? Earning some money over this summer, might wanna upgrade my Stereo haha

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

June 19, 2012 @ 11:25 AM
UnaFashionista

^
Thanks for replying but can't find them! are they limited edition or something?
June 23, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
Jonney E

Go Skateboarding Day 2012 montage at Long Branch Skatepark in New Jersey. Featuring: Ryan Newman, Brian Tober, Blake Mahon, Jon Edwards, Phil Clark, Wes Masco, Paul Arnone, Sachi & Luka Bahra, Brian Wenning, Robby Rosano, Andrew Kennelly, Jason Carroll, Danny Janosko, Matt Kennelly and Larry Schmidt.

Filmed & edited by Jon Edwards

Music: De La Soul - Breakadawn

Subscribe and visit http://heavyhittas.com for more

Check out our other Go Skate Day videos

Subscribe to me on YouTube @ http://jonneye.com

June 26, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
Dat1Dude562

If anyones looking into getting free element product, this sites legit.

You just gotta earn it though sad

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

July 10, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
ricky tan

http://the-wavery.com/andrew-reynolds-reminds-us-why-hes-a-legend/

andrew reynolds got one of the sickest styles

hung 10 never surfed

July 16, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
SouthernSlang2

That is why they call him the BOSS
July 19, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
Argot Alexa

Is anyone trying to get sponsored or ride for a clothing brand? We'll flow you gear and help you get to and skate at am competitions. PM me for details.

www.theargotiers.com

August 1, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
slytendencies

Sup guys always loved watching skate clips when I was bored and now I finally decided to try it. I have my deck and grip tape already but was looking for maybe some tips on what trucks, wheels and bearings to get, I was thinking Independents , Spitfires and I have no idea what bearings to get. Would really appreciate help thanks!
August 1, 2012 @ 04:46 AM
Dat1Dude562

Sup guys always loved watching skate clips when I was bored and now I finally decided to try it. I have my deck and grip tape already but was looking for maybe some tips on what trucks, wheels and bearings to get, I was thinking Independents , Spitfires and I have no idea what bearings to get. Would really appreciate help thanks!

you can't go wrong with independents. Im riding them right now and I love them. For bearings just get some Bones Reds. They are very well priced for how good they are. For wheels I HIGHLY recommend Bones STF. they don't flatspot and they're the smoothest wheels. Spitfires aren't a bad option but i stopped riding them after I got STFs.

August 2, 2012 @ 01:08 PM
DCLXVI

the standard size of a wheel is between 50 and 60 mm, personally I ride 50mm but i know lot of people don't like them
be sure to choose a good truck size, don't buy low trucks if you're gonna use 60mm wheels because they may bite on your board
and yeah for the bearing, REDS are probably the best and they're really cheap
August 2, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
RAREakuma

Your setup doesn't really matter as much when you're first starting. You'll figure out what brands you like as you ride different decks. I've personally never bought the same brand of deck twice. Unless you count Deathwish & Baker, which ride pretty much the exact same in my opinion. I really like toy machine, and palace. I think I'm going to get a toy machine when I get back to school, I've ridden a few peoples, but never had my own. Blank decks are also a good starting option, that's all I used at first.

Skinny as a fuck, still eatin' the food. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177620/

August 4, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
magmar

hey guys, I'm getting interested with the idea of skating again, for getting exercise/having fun, etc. one thing is, last time I skated was when I was like 10 years old and only had a shitty board from toysrus.

I'm just hoping you guys can help me out with the basics on what to get on a board. I'm looking for a lighter board if that makes sense cause that shitty toysrus board I used to have was heavy as shit even though I could still ollie and kickflip (sometimes). Looking for street skating and tricks.

thanks in advance!
August 4, 2012 @ 04:30 AM
Dat1Dude562

hey guys, I'm getting interested with the idea of skating again, for getting exercise/having fun, etc. one thing is, last time I skated was when I was like 10 years old and only had a shitty board from toysrus.

I'm just hoping you guys can help me out with the basics on what to get on a board. I'm looking for a lighter board if that makes sense cause that shitty toysrus board I used to have was heavy as shit even though I could still ollie and kickflip (sometimes). Looking for street skating and tricks.

thanks in advance!

You'd be good with what I recommended at the top but instead of the independent trucks, go for thunder lights. I loved mine but the kingpin cracked after 2 years sad

For a deck there really isn't much of a difference in weight (don't get a tech board such as almost double impact, element push, blind eternal life, because those are heavy). You'd be fine with a shop deck at your local shop instead of a pro board since they cost more.

August 4, 2012 @ 05:15 AM
magmar

thanks in advance!

You'd be good with what I recommended at the top but instead of the independent trucks, go for thunder lights. I loved mine but the kingpin cracked after 2 years sad

For a deck there really isn't much of a difference in weight (don't get a tech board such as almost double impact, element push, blind eternal life, because those are heavy). You'd be fine with a shop deck at your local shop instead of a pro board since they cost more.

thanks! any brand of boards you would recommend? I think a skinnier board would suit me well probably a 7.75? I noticed there are different heights for the trucks, which would you recommend?
August 4, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
Dat1Dude562

thanks in advance!

thanks! any brand of boards you would recommend? I think a skinnier board would suit me well probably a 7.75? I noticed there are different heights for the trucks, which would you recommend?

Well what shoe size are you? I'm a size 9 and I ride 7.75 and 8.0's. I recommend Plan B (they snap quick but you should be good since you're basically starting again), Almost: either impacts or double impacts (Double Impacts are heavy but they're pop is uncomparable and they're difficult to snap), and Sk8mafia's. Baker's and Flip's also skate well (Flip P2's are very durable). I do not recommend Girl's because they have a weird nose/tail and I couldn't get used to mine no matter what I did. As for height of the trucks, the higher the trucks, the better you will be able to turn. I personally like mids because theyre in between and feel nice. Good Luck!

August 4, 2012 @ 06:08 AM
slytendencies

you can't go wrong with independents. Im riding them right now and I love them. For bearings just get some Bones Reds. They are very well priced for how good they are. For wheels I HIGHLY recommend Bones STF. they don't flatspot and they're the smoothest wheels. Spitfires aren't a bad option but i stopped riding them after I got STFs.

Cool thanks man I'll definitely check out the Bones reds and Bones STF's and yea I decided I am gunna pick up some Independents any recommendation for truck height for just street skating?
August 4, 2012 @ 06:19 AM
magmar

thanks in advance!

Well what shoe size are you? I'm a size 9 and I ride 7.75 and 8.0's. I recommend Plan B (they snap quick but you should be good since you're basically starting again), Almost: either impacts or double impacts (Double Impacts are heavy but they're pop is uncomparable and they're difficult to snap), and Sk8mafia's. Baker's and Flip's also skate well (Flip P2's are very durable). I do not recommend Girl's because they have a weird nose/tail and I couldn't get used to mine no matter what I did. As for height of the trucks, the higher the trucks, the better you will be able to turn. I personally like mids because theyre in between and feel nice. Good Luck!

any experience with enjoi? that's what I'm currently looking at. as for the trucks, i don't quite understand. the skateshop I'm looking at two different Thunder ones and one says 145mm High, and the other one says 147mm Low, and another one says 145mm Low. i dont understand =\

btw, I'm building a deck is it normal for it to cost nearly $200? I mean, money is not a problem I just dont want to be paying a lot more than I'm getting. what I have now are: Board (still deciding) around $60, bones STF $40, thunder trucks $60, bones red bearing $20. also, I don't need bushings if I'm alraedy getting trucks right?
August 4, 2012 @ 08:23 AM
DCLXVI

No you don't need bushing, it's included in the truck lol
yeah skateboarding is expensive here in europe to get a full setup you basically have to spend 200€ (70-80€ deck, 50 for the trucks, 50€ for the wheels etc.)
If you want to spend less just buy a blank deck or even better, buy the board of your skateshop
About your truck size problem, the size in millimeters is the length of the truck and "high", "low" and "medium" refers to the height of the truck.
right now i'm riding a 7.6 enjoi (i'm a size 9.5) and i find that you get a razor tail quicker than with other brands but they're really pleasant to ride
August 4, 2012 @ 03:35 PM
RAREakuma

Snapped my last deck, Palace sz 8.0, but I'm a size 11.5-12 in shoes, should I go for an 8.25 even though its recommended for vert?

Skinny as a fuck, still eatin' the food. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177620/

August 4, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
Crispy1

8.25 isnt recomended for vert, its probably 8.5. But honestly, it doesnt even matter what size board your riding, all that matters is your style and that your shredding.
August 4, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
magmar

yeah skateboarding is expensive here in europe to get a full setup you basically have to spend 200€ (70-80€ deck, 50 for the trucks, 50€ for the wheels etc.)
If you want to spend less just buy a blank deck or even better, buy the board of your skateshop
About your truck size problem, the size in millimeters is the length of the truck and "high", "low" and "medium" refers to the height of the truck.
right now i'm riding a 7.6 enjoi (i'm a size 9.5) and i find that you get a razor tail quicker than with other brands but they're really pleasant to ride

alright, I'm around the same shoe size as you and a shorter dude. trying to decide between a 7.6 enjoi or a 7.6 plan b.
August 5, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
lovedmndlife

Indy's all the way

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

August 5, 2012 @ 08:52 AM
DCLXVI

alright, I'm around the same shoe size as you and a shorter dude. trying to decide between a 7.6 enjoi or a 7.6 plan b.
7.6 is kinda narrow though, it may be easier to start with a wider board (7,75 to 8,25) to learn to balance and ollie. But flip tricks are easier with narrow boards. Anyway it's just like, 0,4 of an inch it won't make a huge difference and 6 years ago 8,0 decks were extremely difficult to find, it's kind of like a "trend" to have wider boards now
I can't help you with plan b i've never skated one I don't know how they feel
August 5, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
magmar

alright, right now I'm looking at

enjoi 7.6
bones red
venture v5 5.25in
bones stf 51mm

with a 15% discount code I found, it comes to $168 CAD w/ free shipping. just wondering if this is an okay setup. are 5.25in trucks okay with 7.6 deck? shit, I just realized it has an 8in axle i think.. that won't work will it?
August 5, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
Dat1Dude562

alright, right now I'm looking at

enjoi 7.6
bones red
venture v5 5.25in
bones stf 51mm

with a 15% discount code I found, it comes to $168 CAD w/ free shipping. just wondering if this is an okay setup. are 5.25in trucks okay with 7.6 deck? shit, I just realized it has an 8in axle i think.. that won't work will it?

Setup is fine but imo, plan b's are better than enjois. I've skated both and I've had better experiences with plan b even though I snap them faster (you won't snap it at all cause you're just starting out). Instead of 51mm, I'd recommend getting at least 52mm because you'll he riding them for a while and 51mm are on the smaller side. I started out with 54's and now I only skate 52mm. With 5.25 trucks, you'll be just fine with that width.

August 5, 2012 @ 11:21 PM
Tarwin

I've been itching to start skating for months but I'm 18 nearly 19 and I think it's going to be too late, also I don't have friends that would skate with me or learn to start skating, it would be sad as fuck to skate on my own at parks right? Idk.
August 5, 2012 @ 11:32 PM
RAREakuma

I've been itching to start skating for months but I'm 18 nearly 19 and I think it's going to be too late, also I don't have friends that would skate with me or learn to start skating, it would be sad as fuck to skate on my own at parks right? Idk.

I'm re-starting, and that was my plan. Soo...

August 5, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
Tarwin

What just go out on your own with nobody to even speak to?
August 6, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
Dat1Dude562

it sucks to skate alone especially if you're just starting out but why dont you just skate on the streets or sidewalk for now? if the fear of being judged at the park is too much, i dont see why you dont just skate in front of your place. Its really easy to speak to and become friends with people at the skate parks as long as they dont think theyre the shit.

August 6, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
RAREakuma

What just go out on your own with nobody to even speak to?

Yeah. Like ^ said, it's pretty easy to meet people. And I enjoy skating alone.

Please login first to reply.