Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 19, 2012 @ 06:38 AM
ricky tan

the videos two posts above me are 22222 dope, especially the quartersnacks and march/feb edit
i love the whole quartersnacks OG new york feel and it even inspired me to cop some nikes lol

mark suciu never fails to impress me, his parts are so incredibly creative and his style is flawless

heard the Girl/Chocolate vid is coming as soon as September?? the next Fully Flared without a doubt but what i'm really waiting for is the new antwuan part (fingers crossed) in the deathwish video. i think the reason it's taking so long is because he's about to pull a Guy Mariano and murk this shit
can't forget the other triple og's tho like lizard king, greco, ellington, slash and furby

FUCKK

hung 10 never surfed

May 20, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
DaPark

Just got the Stereo Vinyl Cruiser. Changed the bearings to some Bones Reds.

This is my first time skating. Fell once while riding around town. I think my foot placement is fucked up because I can't control my direction.

Any tips? I'm liking it a lot so far.

Yeah I'm a first timer too, fell also haha. Try changing your foot placement and see how you ride. Personally, prefer for my toes to point diagonally. Or it could be that the trucks are too tight, try loosening em. Hope this helps

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

May 21, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
Kamikaze

Do any of you guys play other sports and do Skateboarding casually?

Yeah I skate casually, play basketball and baseball as well. I have to be in the mood to skate but I'm always in the mood to play basketball.
May 22, 2012 @ 03:27 PM
jacobsever

Do any of you guys play other sports and do Skateboarding casually?

Played ice hockey for 13 years. Miss the shit out of it.
Play golf for the past 21 years of my life. Used to be daily, but since I'm not a country club member anymore, I don't have the funds to play as much.

May 22, 2012 @ 05:05 PM
SHARKlN

I have one of those penny cruisers. It's pretty fun. I really like surfing the sidewalks and carving around parking lots and slopes. The wheels are super soft, so it grips great for quick turns, but they've chipped a bit in the first couple months I've had my board. I loosened my trucks up a bit and now it zips around so easily. Make sure you dont loosen em too much or you won't be able to take bigger hills.
May 22, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
tmwtg

I loosened my cruiser trucks a bit and it was definitely easier to skate.

Bad thing is my neighborhood has old rough pavement. I made the mistake of just wearing denim + a white tee. Now I have bloody elbows.

FML
May 23, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
DaPark

Try avoiding pavements that are rough as hell, the stock wheels that come with Stereos and Pennys aren't up to par from what I've been told. Gonna cop some softer wheels sooner in the summer.

Anyone here longboards? Could use some expertise haha

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

May 24, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Ok ive been told its best to get a already put together board as your first, would you guys recommend one in particular? And what difference does deck size make?
May 24, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
Dat1Dude562

Ok ive been told its best to get a already put together board as your first, would you guys recommend one in particular? And what difference does deck size make?

I wouldn't get a board that's already been put together as my first unless its at a legit skate shop, not places like Big 5, Sports Authority, Wal Mart.

As for recommendations, I say you build your own custom complete at a local shop. You're good with almost any board there. Since you're just staring out, I'd say you can't go wrong with a Girl,Plan B, Baker, Real, Sk8Mafia... Almost boards are good too but their tails are soo small.
Bearings: Reds
Wheels: Bones STF
Trucks: can't go wrong with Ventures, Thunders or Independents. (Ventures and Thunders are my personal choices).

With a setup like that you'll have a fast, durable, and long lasting board to start off with.

Deck Size is all personal preference. Im a shoe size 9-9.5 and I like 7.75. I just recently got an 8.0 and i love it for park skating, rails... But not as much for tricks because i have to get used to it

If you just wanna buy a pre-assembled complete, eBay has some good ones with better setups than any completes I've seen.

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

May 25, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Cheers mate

I wanna start this but it annoys me being bad at something and i know i'll be so bad at skateboarding at the start. I also hear its really hard to get better at
May 26, 2012 @ 05:39 AM
Dat1Dude562

Cheers mate

I wanna start this but it annoys me being bad at something and i know i'll be so bad at skateboarding at the start. I also hear its really hard to get better at

Its always good to skate with people so you can progress faster. That's what I did and everytime one of my friends landed a new trick, I would try it and eventually get it.

Everyone starts somewhere, and yes, its really hard to get better at but that doesn't take the fun away. As you progress, skating gets a whole lot better! Don't do what I did and quit skating, I lost so much tricks because I took over a year off. When I got back on my board, skating got a lot better but I fall harder and hurt myself sooo much more.

May 28, 2012 @ 05:11 AM
Trespace

Anybody see the ishod wair v morgan smith game? That was insane
May 28, 2012 @ 07:19 AM
mooky

Anybody see the ishod wair v morgan smith game? That was insane

I'm so glad Ishod beat Morgan Smith. Ishod is so dope!
May 28, 2012 @ 08:59 AM
lovedmndlife

sanchez was so ahead of his time, i love his part in this,, still to this day and always will

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

May 29, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
tmwtg

Damn, nothing worse than having rough/rocky roads in your neighborhood.

These roads are fucking up the wheels on my cruiser. I'll get a real board eventually.
May 29, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
Dat1Dude562

These roads are fucking up the wheels on my cruiser. I'll get a real board eventually.

I got a local spot with the smoothest ground, but if you want to try and trick down the stairs, you better be prepared cause the ground is extremely rocky/rough. I love doing them but i hate falling and scratching myself up.

If you want the smoothest ride (for a real board) on rough roads, you would be best off with Bones STF's. You really do notice the difference compared to other urethane. Just my opinion

June 1, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
Jonney E

Ryan Newman teaches you how to do the perfect frontside tailslide on a half pipe during sunrise at Long Branch skatepark in New Jersey. Trick tip #30.

Filmed & edited by Jon Edwards

Music: Delegation - Oh Honey (Jonney E Instrumental)

Subscribe to me on YouTube @ http://jonneye.com

June 2, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
MUSASHI

same here. i just go in my garage or to my local park and practice on the tennis courts.
June 2, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
slumbear

These guys are sick.

June 7, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
leprechaunupindatree

Cheers mate

just getting back into it myself and it is a little annoying but also really fun. just keep at it and you'll get good

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/169975#3407782

June 8, 2012 @ 04:38 AM
tmwtg

Fucking fell again tonight.

Skidded my right knee and shin. So deep that I actually see my bone.

Laying off skating for a while now. Lesson learned: Don't wear shorts while skating.
June 8, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
Dat1Dude562

^ Sucks to hear man

If anyone likes eS footwear, they have a bunch of shoes for cheap on their eBay page. I ended up getting 2 pairs of square twos, a pair of theory 2.0's, two tees and two sets of socks.
Can't wait to skate it all

June 10, 2012 @ 09:28 PM
tmwtg

Fucking fell again tonight.

Skidded my right knee and shin. So deep that I actually see my bone.

Laying off skating for a while now. Lesson learned: Don't wear shorts while skating.

Came home today and found my cruiser broken in half by my parents.

One bruised right leg later: Bye-bye to skating.
June 11, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
Jonney E

Dan King shows you the proper way to do a wallie in Brooklyn, New York.

Filmed and edited by Jon Edwards

Music: Tycho - Human Condition

Subscribe to me on YouTube @ http://jonneye.com

June 11, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
Wavey_LenZ

anybody else read this as
"How to willie my ding dang"
June 18, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
GoRubio

Thinking about building a small bench or box to skate in my alley in the street in front of my house on some boring days. Anyone ever build one? Info on how to build build small bench/box?
June 18, 2012 @ 01:16 AM
Dat1Dude562

Thinking about building a small bench or box to skate in my alley in the street in front of my house on some boring days. Anyone ever build one? Info on how to build build small bench/box?

I have no info on how to build one but if you look on craigslist, theres usually people selling boxes for pretty cheap.
Thats around my area (LA area) so im not sure about yours.

June 18, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

PJ won BATB. Again. Fuck why is PJ Ladd such a beast??

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 18, 2012 @ 05:25 AM
mooky

PJ won BATB. Again. Fuck why is PJ Ladd such a beast??

That was Pj's first time winning BATB.
June 18, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
UnaFashionista

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ClElnG5Avmk/T99m4g2N-FI/AAAAAAAAFME/RxyD9BUWGNs/s1600/Avrxy-CCIAMRQYN.jpg+large.jpg

anyone who knows where I can get the gremmie?

Please login first to reply.