Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 21, 2009 @ 10:21 AM
sjem

I push mongo if i'm trying to skate switch, but only because i can't push with my left foot for shit.
October 21, 2009 @ 10:58 AM
internet

I push mongo if i'm trying to skate switch, but only because i can't push with my left foot for shit.

I used to do the same thing when I was first learning switch.
October 21, 2009 @ 11:11 AM
Mizz

internet what exactly did you do to your leg? i injured my knee about 5 months ago skating a mini ramp, tore my meniscus in my left knee. i had surgery and everything, its all better now. been rolling around on my board on and off but am nervous to try any tricks that i could do before.
October 21, 2009 @ 11:49 AM
Mr. Clean

why would you even push while skating a mini ramp???
October 21, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
Mizz

i wasnt pushing. i guess i turned too quickly after i was getting my trucks off over the coping and tweaked my knee, then proceeded to hear a snap in my knee.
October 21, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
character

I'm a Female on deck, I ride a baker TK edition, TK/Rryan are my favorite skaters
October 21, 2009 @ 03:44 PM
internet

why would you even push while skating a mini ramp???

Depends on the length of the flat and feet of vert mang.

internet what exactly did you do to your leg? i injured my knee about 5 months ago skating a mini ramp, tore my meniscus in my left knee. i had surgery and everything, its all better now. been rolling around on my board on and off but am nervous to try any tricks that i could do before.

Yah dude I feel the same way. I shattered my ankle 6 months ago and got a couple plates and a handful of screws put in. Finally got them removed yesterday so I'm looking pretty good. I'm certainly not going to jump right back in to what I was doing before I got hurt. I think I'll probably get my confidence back by snowboarding alot this winter since the boots are designed to protect your ankle and keep it straight. Once I get my confidence back on landing on my bad foot I think I'll be in better shape.

I think the hardest thing will just be to get the confidence back to try stuff. What did they do to your meniscus for surgery? Have you tried to ollie at all or anything? I'm glad I only hurt my back foot and not my weight transferring foot. Would be rough as hell.
October 21, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I'm a Female on deck, I ride a baker TK edition, TK/Rryan are my favorite skaters

Rryan... as in Sheckler?

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

October 21, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
internet

Rryan... as in Sheckler?

He's so dreamy.
October 21, 2009 @ 07:40 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I'm not going to lie though, Ryan Sheckler is a BEAST

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

October 21, 2009 @ 07:47 PM
internet

Yeah I won't knock him for his skating ability. The kid can do some crazy shit. I just don't like the crowd that he attracts to skateboarding.
October 21, 2009 @ 08:00 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

yeah I feel you 100%. But I mean, thats skateboarding nowadays, the Dew Tour and the X Games and Motorola Sponsorships and MTV reality shows, that's what's sellin boards my niigga

October 21, 2009 @ 08:13 PM
stuffle

Then skateboarding isn't for you.

what are you even talking about ive been skating for 5 years and i dont push mongo, so im not exactly sure your talking about.
October 21, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
internet

what are you even talking about ive been skating for 5 years and i dont push mongo, so im not exactly sure your talking about.

Yeah I don't know either. Was probably the meds talking.

And I get what your sayin Mr. Gas.
October 21, 2009 @ 10:17 PM
Mizz

Depends on the length of the flat and feet of vert mang.

Yah dude I feel the same way. I shattered my ankle 6 months ago and got a couple plates and a handful of screws put in. Finally got them removed yesterday so I'm looking pretty good. I'm certainly not going to jump right back in to what I was doing before I got hurt. I think I'll probably get my confidence back by snowboarding alot this winter since the boots are designed to protect your ankle and keep it straight. Once I get my confidence back on landing on my bad foot I think I'll be in better shape.

I think the hardest thing will just be to get the confidence back to try stuff. What did they do to your meniscus for surgery? Have you tried to ollie at all or anything? I'm glad I only hurt my back foot and not my weight transferring foot. Would be rough as hell.

yea confidence is a big factor. as for as the surgery went, i had a slight tear so they went in my knee and cut away the part torn. i was on crutches for about a month and had to go to physical therapy 2 times a week for like 5-6 weeks. iv e been feeling good ever since then, i can still do pretty much everything i could before but skating is the one thing that gets me nervous. all ive been doing so far on my board is crusing around at a park or just around my house. i have nt tried any tricks or even an ollie. im just gonna set aside some time everyday if i can to push around on my board and build up my confidence as much as possible.
October 21, 2009 @ 10:50 PM
internet

yea confidence is a big factor. as for as the surgery went, i had a slight tear so they went in my knee and tore away the part torn. i was on crutches for about a month and had to go to physical therapy 2 times a week for like 5-6 weeks. iv e been feeling good ever since then, i can still do pretty much everything i could before but skating is the one thing that gets me nervous. all ive been doing so far on my board is crusing around at a park or just around my house. i have nt tried any tricks or even an ollie. im just gonna set aside some time everyday if i can to push around on my board and build up my confidence as much as possible.

Yeah that's cool man. I think the best place for me to start is just cruising on my snowboard and getting back into the swing of things. I guess the holes where the screws were attached on my bone have left it kind of weakened and created a high risk for a fracture. Needless to say I'm drinking milk like a mofo.

It's nice to know that there's other skaters out there that are still hesitant to get back on the board after a fairly serious injury. Just gotta start taking baby steps to get back into things. I think I'd like to get more into pool skating or something that's in a more controlled environment. I love getting out in the streets and I'll never quit just skating around for fun but the aggressive stuff is gonna get trimmed down for sure.
October 22, 2009 @ 06:28 AM
Denny Crane

To those saying pushing mongo looks bad, you've obvs never Koston/Carroll skate switch.

Who are you guys 3 favourite (not who you think is best) skaters. Mine is:

Louie
Jerry
Carroll
October 22, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

1-MJ
2-Jerry Hsu
3-it could be a lot of people at number 3 but I'ma say David Gonzalez for right now

October 22, 2009 @ 01:36 PM
exhale

gonna go buy a board and start tomorrow.
October 22, 2009 @ 01:37 PM
sjem

yeah I feel you 100%. But I mean, thats skateboarding nowadays, the Dew Tour and the X Games and Motorola Sponsorships and MTV reality shows, that's what's sellin boards my niigga

Sheckler has got an enormous amount of ability, but in ways it comes across as if he cares more about the money.

I mean he's even got his own milk sponsorship/endorsement type thing.

As for my three favourite skaters, Marc Johnson, Dennis Busenitz and probably Eric Koston.
October 22, 2009 @ 03:06 PM
internet

My three favs:

Koston
Johnson
Lizard King

It always changes though.
October 22, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
Junksen

October 22, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

My three favs:

Koston
Johnson
Lizard King

It always changes though.

Lizard King has SUCH a dope style

October 22, 2009 @ 07:20 PM
Mizz

the last triple set in that kevin romar vid is right down the street from me.
October 22, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
stuffle

To those saying pushing mongo looks bad, you've obvs never Koston/Carroll skate switch.

Who are you guys 3 favourite (not who you think is best) skaters. Mine is:

Louie
Jerry
Carroll

yeah i can understand pushing mongo switch because there using the same pushing leg as the woul normally, but im talking about pushing mongo regular, because there not skating switch most of the time.

and top 3:
-shane o'neill: vimeo.com/6411007
-davis torgerson: www.dlxsf.com/catalogs/fall08/rs/interviews/davis/vid.html
-any of the local az am's (john motta, josh hawkins, nick fiorini...):www.vimeo.com/5147779 , www.vimeo.com/4268055 , www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDGVHOgei7M
October 22, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
Junksen

Lizard King has SUCH a dope style

all those deathwish/baker dudes hang around my city a lot
cool to seem them skate once in a while
October 23, 2009 @ 12:47 AM
stuffle

^ i dont really like em, there good at skating but i just hate seeing people who havnt showered in days and are all crusty looking all the time.
October 23, 2009 @ 04:44 AM
Denny Crane

^^
Agreed. I find the whole stair-set skater scene repitive and unimaginative.
October 23, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

stairs >>>>>> ledges

October 23, 2009 @ 05:33 PM
Mizz

i gotta disagree gas face. id rather see a hardflip backtail to fakie out on a ledge then just a hardflip down a set.

Please login first to reply.