Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 11, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
rich

^ He just hates the direction its going in , like ABDC and shit like that.

I feel him but people liking the dance for its tops and fw is likely to never happen. How many people actually watch bboys and want to learn it's history? I have my fair share of knowledge such as the history of moves and how it was started but that was only because I was really interested in it. At the end of the day, people look at the dance as a current entertainment and after its over. It's over, back to their lives.
October 12, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
WJTW

Yo rich, is that you in the video?

Nice top rock!
October 12, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
pnsho

That's Ynot.
October 15, 2008 @ 08:02 PM
rich

Anyone have any videos they wanna share?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9rCkb-hnF4
henry (sb) showed me this video (along with others) awhile back. sick shit.
October 15, 2008 @ 08:36 PM
AlphaTrion

Here's a trailer for an event in Nashville that I finished editing recently:

www.vimeo.com/1947417

(Can't get vimeo videos to embed)
October 15, 2008 @ 09:26 PM
WJTW

@Rich nice video.. Billy boy killed that fool. lol..

@Alpha nice video editing.. good quality.. keep it up.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:53 PM
AlphaTrion

I'll be posting up the battles from the event later. Me and the event organizer discussed and decided to just create a youtube/vimeo channel rather than release a DVD for this one.

Also, short Doc on my crew:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH3Nb6_KZE
October 15, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
scfdefinit

Sure, here are some bboy vids I like. Reflects my tastes.

Casper vs Born. In my opinion one of the greatest battles ever, just straight up raw unadulterated bboying/foundation.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=543kD2iOvQ8

Some more born, definitely some of the illest footwork in the game.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMb6BgevFaA

Bboy Machine just straight up killing the beat. I love how the first guy does a solid set of power moves (from it looks of it, I think it was bboy Brahim) but the crowd has no reaction. Then Machine gets mad props for riding the beat (perfectly). The opposite of what Snap was talking about earlier.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=445KeUmagAc

Armory Cup judges showcase. Some good sets by Do Knock, Orb, and Machine. Machine kills the beat again. Do knock is so sick but too bad I can't take him seriously anymore for crying all the time on ABDC hahaha.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwscWLdwUCI

I think that's enough for now, I'll post more later.
October 17, 2008 @ 09:30 PM
rich

IBE '08 USA VS KOREA/JAPAN
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDcyEFicVSQ
taisuke is one nasty mofo. period. best in his generation
catch him at 3:05
October 17, 2008 @ 09:32 PM
rich

taisuke at 11-12
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R66voOQXKw
nuff said
October 18, 2008 @ 01:20 PM
pnsho

I'll be posting up the battles from the event later. Me and the event organizer discussed and decided to just create a youtube/vimeo channel rather than release a DVD for this one.

Also, short Doc on my crew:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH3Nb6_KZE

Which one is you?

Edit: That last move was too dope.
October 19, 2008 @ 09:03 PM
AlphaTrion

I'm only in it briefly, when he says "Alpha"...I do a thread, kip-up, to short elbow freeze. Wearing all black.

This is me from a more recent battle. I'm the first one to go out with the fedora on:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHt4FYn9rY

It was the first battle I entered after being out for a year cause of Knee surgery.
October 19, 2008 @ 09:05 PM
dynamiteden

i was thinking of taking a breakdancing class over the summer, but i didn't.
October 21, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
lysol

i got some videos or bboy.org from a while ago
o shit i found em

www.bboy.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=76982

me like 3 years ago.

i can only do like 2 flares though. i do a lot more footwork, uprock, freezes and such. and ive been trying to do mills for 7 years. cant do it =/ no one's been able to help me

did that.
October 25, 2008 @ 09:30 PM
scfdefinit

Oh shit Rich. The kid in that vid is Taisuke? I didn't even know that. I own Freestyle Session Japan, that shits mad old. Its VHS hahaha. Bought it back in like 2001-2002? They blown my mind back at that event, I was like damn those kids are dope too bad the rest of their crew is weak. Did the kid in blue keep bboying? I remember he was pretty sick too. But, Taisuke is def dope.

When was IBE 08? I didn't even know they did it, going to have to look up some more footage. Dope vids.
October 25, 2008 @ 10:34 PM
hatchofchi

vimby.com has some dope breaking vids.
October 25, 2008 @ 11:34 PM
rich

Oh shit Rich. The kid in that vid is Taisuke? I didn't even know that. I own Freestyle Session Japan, that shits mad old. Its VHS hahaha. Bought it back in like 2001-2002? They blown my mind back at that event, I was like damn those kids are dope too bad the rest of their crew is weak. Did the kid in blue keep bboying? I remember he was pretty sick too. But, Taisuke is def dope.

When was IBE 08? I didn't even know they did it, going to have to look up some more footage. Dope vids.

Toshiki still breaks, hes almost at the same level as taisuke.
Toshiki on the right
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbISoH8c4M

IBE 08 was in the summer june-july forgot which month
November 3, 2008 @ 01:49 AM
WJTW

Heres a little taste for yall. Just some footwork.. Nothing major... Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd08gyTRnMM
March 1, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
AlphaTrion

Bumpin this back up...

Just DJ'ed a battle last night in atlanta with Main Ingredientz Crew from Florida, Motion Disorderz from Milwaukee, Headhunters from Cali, Vicous Germs/Havikoro and Sole Power from Texas, ATL Funklordz/Zulu Kingz, Omen & Queen NV from Boston and a bunch more. Motion D took it in the finals vs Main Ingredientz but there were a lot of sick battles overall...battles should be on www.staybattlin.com soon.

Posted a lot of vids from a battle in Nashville last year at www.Bashvillestampede.com or you can check my vimeo channel @ www.vimeo.com/rftaproductions

Next installment is march 20-21st.
March 1, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
soulamazing.

Yeah. Only the true heads know whats up. Its funny how people start up bboying and they want to go straight into learning power moves. Then you end up having people with weak ass tops and no footwork whatsoever. That's why when people want me to teach them stuff I stress foundation. You can know every power move in the book but in the end you'll lose to someone with endless style/flavor and creativity in a battle. Bboying is a dance thats felt from the soul its not an acrobatics exhibition. But, the average person will never understand from only spectating.

WORD. At my school, there are hella poseurs, and most of them can't even toprock that smoothly. They do some crappy, wannabe toprock that looks sloppy, then put more emphasis on powermoves and freezes. Pisses me off.

Speaking of poseurs at my school, they're so whack. None of them listen to Hiphop at all and know little to nothing about the culture and history of breaking. They only do it because of America's Best Dance Crew. SMH @ the kids at my school.

@Rich: I need a bigger version of your avatar/name of the chick in your av, please. cool
March 2, 2009 @ 03:28 PM
AlphaTrion

The whole poseur thing is gonna get a lot worse now that BC one aired on MTV. It can be a bit annoying but it's the responsibility of older heads to educate the younger ones. Tell 'em what's up and put 'em on the right path. And if they don't wanna listen, smoke the shit out of them.
March 2, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
pnsho

I think MTV airing BC One is just another ploy to give 'exposure' to breakdancing.

I'm thinking negative here, but most people are gonna get bad ideas from seeing it. By that I mean, they'll be like what HYPE said: posers who jump into the hype.

And not to mention, Ronnie from Super Crew was there to hand the trophy. Could be another reason for MTV to air it. (Yes, I know Ronnie won in 2007)
March 2, 2009 @ 06:45 PM
zyezye

I'm thinking negative here, but most people are gonna get bad ideas from seeing it. By that I mean, they'll be like what HYPE said: posers who jump into the hype.

eg: massive amount of people (mostly pinoys, no offence but its true) suddenly having the urge to dance after the jabbas won.
March 2, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
AlphaTrion

We've had a HUGE influx of new people in Atlanta (mostly asian...I don't get it). In the past we might get 5-10 new b-boys in a good year and this year we got well over 30. And a vast majority don't really have a good grasp on foundation and focus a lot on tricks. They're starting to show up to more legitimate jams now though and getting in touch with the older b-boys here so hopefully things will be looking up.
March 2, 2009 @ 07:03 PM
rich

I think MTV airing BC One is just another ploy to give 'exposure' to breakdancing.

And not to mention, Ronnie from Super Crew was there to hand the trophy. Could be another reason for MTV to air it. (Yes, I know Ronnie won in 2007)

I was surprised as hell to see it on MTV
March 2, 2009 @ 07:05 PM
zyezye

We've had a HUGE influx of new people in Atlanta (mostly asian...I don't get it). In the past we might get 5-10 new b-boys in a good year and this year we got well over 30. And a vast majority don't really have a good grasp on foundation and focus a lot on tricks. They're starting to show up to more legitimate jams now though and getting in touch with the older b-boys here so hopefully things will be looking up.

blame ABDC lol trust me your not the only one seeing a huge influx of mostly asian dancers, the studio where my boys chill at suddenly gets packed. man if i didnt have a busted knee i'd teach them a thing or two, they're so damn cocky.

i wish can bboy again. damn knee. doc said if i twist it enough my cap will fly to the otherside or something and the joint will twist in an unnatural way. so.. no more bboying for me =(
March 3, 2009 @ 12:30 AM
AlphaTrion

i wish can bboy again. damn knee. doc said if i twist it enough my cap will fly to the otherside or something and the joint will twist in an unnatural way. so.. no more bboying for me =(

Is it temporary? I had ACL and Meniscus surgery last November, it was a very tough 6 months. I still went to practices and jams just to make sure I didn't stray too far from the scene but it still felt like torture being there and not dancing.
March 10, 2009 @ 11:43 PM
zyezye

Is it temporary? I had ACL and Meniscus surgery last November, it was a very tough 6 months. I still went to practices and jams just to make sure I didn't stray too far from the scene but it still felt like torture being there and not dancing.

yeah, but the doc recom- no, not recommend, just told me to drop dancing all together. i was in shock. but i still dance hiphop, but i take extra caution, like just upper body stuff, like tutting(which im still horrible at). its torture seeing your friends have friendly battles and you cant join in. i still feel a slight uncomfort when i do slides though

but apperantly im still a good enough to help make choreo for my friends for grad. so yeah, right now i have to think of choreo, and im horrible with that -_-... but w.e still better than doing nothing
March 10, 2009 @ 11:45 PM
soulamazing.

I'm a noob. All I can do is Toprock. sad

Any tips for busting six-steps, two-steps, and eventually; power moves (flares, mills, swipes, inverts, etc.)?
March 10, 2009 @ 11:52 PM
pnsho

but apperantly im still a good enough to help make choreo for my friends for grad. so yeah, right now i have to think of choreo, and im horrible with that -_-... but w.e still better than doing nothing

To me, choreo is dope.

If you can find rhythm and just ride the beat like crazy (although most people would be like wtf because they prefer flashy moves), that's +++. Get your inspiration from the west coast dance crews (Choreo Cookies, etc.) and other dance styles.

I myself like slow songs. cool

Please login first to reply.