August 25, 2014 @ 11:15 PM
NapoleonComplex

lil cousin hit me with another gem. 
"Liverpool buy shit for the price of gold" when watching the Alberto Moreno mishap that led to Jovetic's first. 
lil youngin is crucial with the banter. 

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

August 26, 2014 @ 08:25 PM
NapoleonComplex

are united really boutta lose to fucking MK Dons? 
4-nil to MK Dons? 

Shoutouts to Benik Afobe

August 26, 2014 @ 08:48 PM
GoRubio

The game yesterday sucked. It's hard playing at the Etihad.
Yeah Moreno had that one mistake with Jovetic, but he did a great job still on that side. I would have liked to see Enrique there, but I guess he's still struggling getting fit. On the otherside, Johnson needs to get the fuck out already. I hope he stays injured for a while. Sturridge needs someone else with him at top, and Rodgers needs to stop fucking around with putting Allen in the line-up. Can would have been a better start, or even Lambert. Hopefully he finds a good way to rotate everyone and find his best starting XI.

But lets talk about today.

Holy shit! Di Maria is about to hand in that transfer request back to Madrid after tonight. Lulz. 4-0 right now and they still got time for 1 more goal maybe?
August 26, 2014 @ 08:58 PM
NapoleonComplex

3 at the back can't even keep out a League 1 side? 

August 26, 2014 @ 09:08 PM
NapoleonComplex

let me not talk shit, when Wenger leaves the same can very well happen to Arsenal. 

August 26, 2014 @ 09:08 PM
YoungRizal

Ayt boys settle down and chill. We had young guns on the pitch and a rusty defender who just came back from an injury. Will start poking fun if they are still playing like shit in mid November. 4-0 though, that's pretty shitty. I guess more signing in 3-4 days! 

Edif: I feel really sad about this lost. Thought we were going to struggle to win this.

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

August 26, 2014 @ 09:17 PM
YoungRizal

let me not talk shit, when Wenger leaves the same can very well happen to Arsenal. 
Is arsenal getting Wellbeck? 

August 26, 2014 @ 09:18 PM
NapoleonComplex

Wenger is starting an English revolution, we need a striker, Van Gaal doesnt like him, seems in the stars to be fair. 

edit: but then again we have Afobe who netted two against you, and Chuba Akpom aka baby Thierry coming through the youth setup, so Wenger might go for a more established Striker. If he even buys one. 

August 26, 2014 @ 09:28 PM
NapoleonComplex

Man U's game this weekend at Burnley is looking like an early season relegation 6 pointer hahaha

August 26, 2014 @ 10:56 PM
theconqueror

lol.. yooo a league 1 player really chested in a cross against united.. 
August 26, 2014 @ 11:09 PM
J THRILLLAH

I know it;s the mickey mouse cup and all....but damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 

August 27, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
.kciN

Di Maria be like;

August 28, 2014 @ 01:45 AM
NapoleonComplex

cool

August 29, 2014 @ 04:16 AM
NapoleonComplex

August 29, 2014 @ 04:19 AM
NapoleonComplex

I'm telling you Football is 85% banter

August 30, 2014 @ 01:11 AM
YoungRizal

Daley Blind going to United. Waiting for Carvalho and we goooood! wooo

August 30, 2014 @ 01:47 PM
jmac100394

Nah you ain't good at all, 0-0 lmao 
August 30, 2014 @ 02:14 PM
YoungRizal

Nah you ain't good at all, 0-0 lmao 
Word. They didn't look as bad except for some Johnny Evans mistakes. Sooner or later we going to win. Give it time smile

August 30, 2014 @ 06:34 PM
GoRubio

Lol at United. So much talent up top yet still can't score. Especially at a newly promoted team. It's still early though. Maybe Blind might make a difference later and the 3-5-2 might work out. Or maybe it won't. Who knows.
Also, lulz at City losing to Sunderland at home.
Who watched that Everton v. Chelsea match. Holy fuck that was intense. Was expecting a good game, but not like that. Howard definitely should have been sent off for that grab outside the box. Linesman should have seen it and called it out. Chelsea are definitely starting to look like the favorites to win it. Props to Everton playing a great game, but their back line is still shaky and unorganized at times. That midfield of Chelsea is ridiculous.
August 30, 2014 @ 07:43 PM
YoungRizal

That Everton Chelsea match was fireworks. I really think Chelsea winning it, they looked effortless most of the times I knew Diego costa is the one that they needed. Hood he can stay healthy

August 30, 2014 @ 07:52 PM
NapoleonComplex

Its amazing how well Tim Howard plays for the US but is shit for Everton
Its amazing how well Diego Costa plays for Chelsea/Atleti but is shit for Spain

August 31, 2014 @ 04:25 AM
J THRILLLAH

Setttttttttttttttttttttle down. How many games do we have left???? I hope Costa stays healthy. I hope everyone stays healthy. Like Jose said, we need that balance. I liked how we scored early, super early and didn't chill that much. That seemed to be our problem over the years, our defense being mad solid we would take a back seat, but of course the opposing side would keep knocking and eventually score. 

I love our midfield. Boring, boring Chelsea. 

Yo fuck Tim Howard. He had like one, maybe two good games in this past world cup. He's shit for everton, always has been. 

Watch Torres score mad goals for AC Milan. 

September 1, 2014 @ 12:49 PM
YoungRizal

I know we need DM and extra Backs but Radamel Falcao? Fuckkkkk we bout to eat good all season long. RVP gonna chill this season 

edit: Wellbeck to Arsenal?

September 1, 2014 @ 01:35 PM
YoungRizal

Dub post smh 

September 2, 2014 @ 03:13 PM
NapoleonComplex

Transfer Window over, time to handout grades.

Arsenal: B- 
We've brought in Alexis Sanchez, which is a quality signing, and Danny Welbeck on Deadline day, who is full of potential, but Wenger and the board still haven't adressed the key problems that saw us get battered at the rivals last season. Carvalho, Schneiderlin, Khedira, or Bender were must haves and yet Wenger, Gazidis, and Chief negotiator Dick Law were left haggling over the dowry for quality CDM's. To be fair I saw it coming once Arteta was named club captain. I don't personally think Wenger has it in him to bench another club captain or make the brave decision to bypass the line of succession (Arteta was vice-captain last season) for the quality of football on the field. Wenger is still playing the mind games with his players hoping that by giving them a chance and putting faith in them they will blossom into superstars. It's worked for Aaron Ramsey and many others in the past but its hard to see that working with a 31 year old Arteta who is being played out of position. (when he was at Everton he was a proper #10). Wenger did replace Sagna whose gone on to City with Debuchy, the man keeping him the former out of the France XI so it looks a good deal on paper. And Calum Chambers has been a revelation at the back along side both Mertesacker and Koscienly. Arsenal's attacking options are boosted significantly with the signing of Welbeck and Sanchez but the impact of getting Walcott back from his 6 month injury layoff might be the biggest addition of them all. I wouldnt be surprised if he hits the ground running and for Wenger to say in a press conference "He is like a new signing", but Arsenal and especially Mesut Ozil missed him during the title run-in. The other squads still look too strong to cope with and unless Arsenal bang in goals like Liverpool last season we may be going on trips to Eastern Ukraine on Thursday nights. We needed that CDM. 

Chelsea: A fucking plus with a Ph.D in a I'm going to kick everyones ass degree.  
Brought in Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas for 70 mil between them, brought back Courtois after he led Atleti to the title and CL Final, brought in Filipe Luiz to cover for the departing Ashley Cole, signed Drogba for general morale and Loic Remy to be an extra attacking option. Costa and Fabregas are the standouts this summer, but the real business was done in January of 2014. Brought in Matic sold Mata. Matic allows for Cesc to run free and create without having to constantly worry about defense. Mata has shown at United that he is creative but he lacks the battle plan defensive nature that Willian, Schurrle, and Hazard are adapting to. But most importantly Mourinho addressed his problems going forward. He wielded a heavy axe over the inept Torres and replaced him with the terrifying Costa. Thats the sort of pragmatism that wins you the title. Mourinho has his team looking at every game like a battle and that is best identified by Ivanovic who is fighting for his place with Filipe Luiz and Dave Azpilicueta.
I'd be surprised if Chelsea don't win the league. Only thing i see holding them back is a Costa hamstring injury or Cesc Fibreglass being over used as he was at Arsenal. IF both get injured were looking at the same Chelsea as last season who will be battling for 1-0 wins against the likes of Sunderland at home instead of annihilating them as they should.

Liverpool: A-
It's hard to replace a guy like Suarez but an emerging Sterling with Balotelli can bring the goals back to Anfield. But that isnt what was needed most. letting in 50 goals last season is what lost Liverpool the title. (not Gerrards slip). Emre Can and Dejan Lovren are their marquee signings in my eyes. Put Emre in the squad instead of Allen and let Gerrard push forward and let Henderson run box to box. Or a Emre Gerrard pivot with Coutinho as the CAM. Thats the beauty of it, Rodgers has options. and I havent even mentioned Llanna or Markovic. Replacing Suarez looks difficult but I think Liverpool have spent the money well to bring in quality. But one has to be wary of the Spurs Sell Bale effect. 

Manchester United: B
They've spent the money but haven't addressed their midfield issues and the 3 at the back. Going forward United look deadly, Rooney Falcao, RVP, Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj, Valencia. Deadly. But can they keep an out the opposition. One has to question the 3 at the back tactics of Van Gaal when it gets shred apart by MK Dons. Fucking MK Dons. IMO he needs to scrap it and go to a 4-2-3-1. Blind-Jones-Rojo-Shaw at the back can be effective in the prem. But more importantly it gets Valencia and Young forward instead of looking over their shoulder and having to defend. I can't imagine Di Maria having to track back as often as I have seen Young do it. surely he was not bought to defend. Not to mention the lack of a CDM. Just as much as Arsenal needed one United needed a quality Defensive midfielder as well. Vidal, Strootman, and Carvalho were there but none made their way to Old Trafford, leaving the red devils with Darren Fletcher, Fellaini, Anderson, and Ander Herrera. No wonder Swansea beat them. With a change in tactics all of United's signings can be a success. keep playing that 3 at the back non-sense and I guarantee you the likes of Stoke City will walk in and out of Old Trafford with 3 points and a cigar for good measure. United will score but can they keep you out?

Finally the Champions, 
Manchester City: C
Held back by the FFP rulings that hopes to maintain the status quo of Football's Elite, Manchester City were only able to splash the cash on Eric Mangala from Porto. Mangala looks a proper CB and possible partner for Kompany who really doesnt need any help. They've also signed Fernando from Porto who can be an adequate replacement for Fernandinho and a partner to Yaya Toure who also doesnt really need any help. Sagna is a nice signing as well giving Zabaleta a break from time to time. But did this City squad really need any improving? they just need a kick in the backside from time to time to ensure they live up to their potential(see stoke city)

Good luck to everyone, but mainly Arsenal. I hope all of your signings get injured for long periods and Arsenal walk  to the title.  

September 3, 2014 @ 12:40 AM
J THRILLLAH

17 departures from United......

September 3, 2014 @ 03:22 AM
YoungRizal

^ new face new ethos

2 reasons why I'm a big fan of United

Back then......
1. Their late game winning ability. Always felt like magic when they are able to make those late goals
2. Not buying established known talents. Instead they invested in young potential and made them believe they are capable of being champions. Giggs, beckham, scholes, Neville brothers, Rooney, Ronaldo etc etc

Mixed feelings in regards to buying all these players, it's like their old self is gone and packed up its things with SAF and turning into another big dick FC like real, Barca, bayern, etc etc.

September 4, 2014 @ 12:14 PM
Legit*

I've felt United have needed to change for a while now. If you look at the United squad from the last couple of seasons the only players that would have been able to get into a City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea squad were Rooney, RVP, De Gea and Mata. Everyone else was far too average. Football has changed over the last 20 years and clubs like Man U can't risk giving young players time in the 1st team anymore. So we if want to continue to compete for titles we will have to become the same as the other big clubs and let young players develop at smaller clubs and then buy them.

We've made some quality signings but still haven't addressed a couple of key areas, I'm glad LVG had started to shift some of Ferguson's dead weight though.

I would have sold:
Fletcher
Hernandez (We have better strikers)
Jones
Anderson (Do I need to say anythingconfused
Smalling
Ferdinand (Beast for the first 9 years but got too old)
Evans
Cleverley
Welbeck (Good hold up play but at the end of the day he was a striker who couldn't score)
Carrick (Overrated as fuck, 4 goals and 6 assists in the last 4 seasons is shocking for a center midfielder)

Would have kept:
Nani (Hasn't been given a decent run in the team for a couple of years)
Vidic (should have kept until we had a replacement)
Evra (Still a great player no idea why he was sold)
September 4, 2014 @ 03:39 PM
NapoleonComplex

Carrick is a holding player he sweeps up the messes and moves the ball from back to front. He is most likely what you are missing with the back 3 formation that transition player who can move the ball forward. 
Evra was shite, he'd cross 100 times and not hit a soul, and he was caught out of position just as many times, he was past his prime. 
Vidic was the most needed, Uniteds defense is just so young and immature; and rooney isnt a very good captain either. 

September 5, 2014 @ 11:27 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Transfer Window over, time to handout grades.

Arsenal: B- 
We've brought in Alexis Sanchez, which is a quality signing, and Danny Welbeck on Deadline day, who is full of potential, but Wenger and the board still haven't adressed the key problems that saw us get battered at the rivals last season. Carvalho, Schneiderlin, Khedira, or Bender were must haves and yet Wenger, Gazidis, and Chief negotiator Dick Law were left haggling over the dowry for quality CDM's. To be fair I saw it coming once Arteta was named club captain. I don't personally think Wenger has it in him to bench another club captain or make the brave decision to bypass the line of succession (Arteta was vice-captain last season) for the quality of football on the field. Wenger is still playing the mind games with his players hoping that by giving them a chance and putting faith in them they will blossom into superstars. It's worked for Aaron Ramsey and many others in the past but its hard to see that working with a 31 year old Arteta who is being played out of position. (when he was at Everton he was a proper #10). Wenger did replace Sagna whose gone on to City with Debuchy, the man keeping him the former out of the France XI so it looks a good deal on paper. And Calum Chambers has been a revelation at the back along side both Mertesacker and Koscienly. Arsenal's attacking options are boosted significantly with the signing of Welbeck and Sanchez but the impact of getting Walcott back from his 6 month injury layoff might be the biggest addition of them all. I wouldnt be surprised if he hits the ground running and for Wenger to say in a press conference "He is like a new signing", but Arsenal and especially Mesut Ozil missed him during the title run-in. The other squads still look too strong to cope with and unless Arsenal bang in goals like Liverpool last season we may be going on trips to Eastern Ukraine on Thursday nights. We needed that CDM. 

Chelsea: A fucking plus with a Ph.D in a I'm going to kick everyones ass degree.  
Brought in Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas for 70 mil between them, brought back Courtois after he led Atleti to the title and CL Final, brought in Filipe Luiz to cover for the departing Ashley Cole, signed Drogba for general morale and Loic Remy to be an extra attacking option. Costa and Fabregas are the standouts this summer, but the real business was done in January of 2014. Brought in Matic sold Mata. Matic allows for Cesc to run free and create without having to constantly worry about defense. Mata has shown at United that he is creative but he lacks the battle plan defensive nature that Willian, Schurrle, and Hazard are adapting to. But most importantly Mourinho addressed his problems going forward. He wielded a heavy axe over the inept Torres and replaced him with the terrifying Costa. Thats the sort of pragmatism that wins you the title. Mourinho has his team looking at every game like a battle and that is best identified by Ivanovic who is fighting for his place with Filipe Luiz and Dave Azpilicueta.
I'd be surprised if Chelsea don't win the league. Only thing i see holding them back is a Costa hamstring injury or Cesc Fibreglass being over used as he was at Arsenal. IF both get injured were looking at the same Chelsea as last season who will be battling for 1-0 wins against the likes of Sunderland at home instead of annihilating them as they should.

Liverpool: A-
It's hard to replace a guy like Suarez but an emerging Sterling with Balotelli can bring the goals back to Anfield. But that isnt what was needed most. letting in 50 goals last season is what lost Liverpool the title. (not Gerrards slip). Emre Can and Dejan Lovren are their marquee signings in my eyes. Put Emre in the squad instead of Allen and let Gerrard push forward and let Henderson run box to box. Or a Emre Gerrard pivot with Coutinho as the CAM. Thats the beauty of it, Rodgers has options. and I havent even mentioned Llanna or Markovic. Replacing Suarez looks difficult but I think Liverpool have spent the money well to bring in quality. But one has to be wary of the Spurs Sell Bale effect. 

Manchester United: B
They've spent the money but haven't addressed their midfield issues and the 3 at the back. Going forward United look deadly, Rooney Falcao, RVP, Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj, Valencia. Deadly. But can they keep an out the opposition. One has to question the 3 at the back tactics of Van Gaal when it gets shred apart by MK Dons. Fucking MK Dons. IMO he needs to scrap it and go to a 4-2-3-1. Blind-Jones-Rojo-Shaw at the back can be effective in the prem. But more importantly it gets Valencia and Young forward instead of looking over their shoulder and having to defend. I can't imagine Di Maria having to track back as often as I have seen Young do it. surely he was not bought to defend. Not to mention the lack of a CDM. Just as much as Arsenal needed one United needed a quality Defensive midfielder as well. Vidal, Strootman, and Carvalho were there but none made their way to Old Trafford, leaving the red devils with Darren Fletcher, Fellaini, Anderson, and Ander Herrera. No wonder Swansea beat them. With a change in tactics all of United's signings can be a success. keep playing that 3 at the back non-sense and I guarantee you the likes of Stoke City will walk in and out of Old Trafford with 3 points and a cigar for good measure. United will score but can they keep you out?

Finally the Champions, 
Manchester City: C
Held back by the FFP rulings that hopes to maintain the status quo of Football's Elite, Manchester City were only able to splash the cash on Eric Mangala from Porto. Mangala looks a proper CB and possible partner for Kompany who really doesnt need any help. They've also signed Fernando from Porto who can be an adequate replacement for Fernandinho and a partner to Yaya Toure who also doesnt really need any help. Sagna is a nice signing as well giving Zabaleta a break from time to time. But did this City squad really need any improving? they just need a kick in the backside from time to time to ensure they live up to their potential(see stoke city)

Good luck to everyone, but mainly Arsenal. I hope all of your signings get injured for long periods and Arsenal walk  to the title.  
Most of what you're saying is correct but Van Gaal purposely plays a 3412 to allow Mata, Rooney and RVP to be central, he doesn't want any to be isolated on the wing. So playing a 4231 wouldnt necessarily rectify that problem, one of them would have to be shunned. We'll have to see though because with Falcao and Di Maria now he may have to tinker with the formation, Di Maria can play centrally though so theres that option. Also, I think him tracking back often for Real was actually one of the reasons he was bought. You can't have wide players that don't track back, it isolates your full backs and allows them to be overloaded. That's why Jose was complaining about Hazard last season, it's also why you see wide players like Ronaldo and Bale tracking back even. Di Maria is one of the hardest working top players.

Your point above about Carrick is right aswell, in theory he should be what United need but he was very off form the season before last, when you play a holding mid you need him to play 1 or 2 touch passing to advance the play but if I remember correctly Carrick used to hold possession for too long, which had the opposite effect and slowed play. Maybe if he can hit form he'll do well though. I dunno why Legit expects Carrick to score goals or produce assists from so deep, a similar player is someone like Busquets, both have a role that can't really be critiqued using stats. Why would you wanna sell Evans, Jones and Smalling aswell? You know sometimes its good to have players available, selling 3 CBs in one window is quite risky. Jones and Smalling are young aswell, they'll improve with time.

Please login first to reply.