EPL discussion thread

December 16, 2013 @ 16:29:01
I guess it's safe to say that Man Utd is onto the quarter finals 

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 16, 2013 @ 18:34:32
He didn't fail at Spurs. Pretty much everyone thinks the sacking is a farce.
It was a clear problem at the Executive level. Baldini and Levy were bringing in players with moderate quality to appease the Spurs faithful when Gareth Bale's sale became innevitable. I mean lets actual look at their transfers. 
Soldado- Aging striker of a above-midtable spanish club, whose a Spain International but only on occassion starts before Torres. Del Bosque would rather go with a False 9 then use him. Paid 26 million
Paulinho- I personally see good qualities in his play going forward. Offers little in a defensive area and makes rash decisions, hence his straight red against Liverpool. Worth the 17 million, dont really think so. 
Then Chadli and Lamela- Neither of whom have scored 40 million between the two. Cmon thats just wreckless. 
Eriksen- By far their best signing, kinda mad he's at Spurs wish he was at Arsenal, but he wouldnt get into our first team. And thats why Wenger didnt buy him, hes not as good as Wilshere or Ramsey and is about the same as Oxlade-Chamberlain who I think will be better down the road. Never the less Eriksen is the best player in this Spurs Team and will be until he signs for Real Madrid next summer for 80 million. 
Then you have Capoue and Chiriches- Capoue's been linked with Arsenal last summer, Wenger passed up on him for a reason, dude has no strength. He is tall yes, but cant use that to his advantage at all. Chiriches is shit. 

Two questions need to be answered after seeing this happen.
1.) Should a director of football (baldini) or a manager (AVB) make the ultimate decisions on transfers?
2.) Is Gareth Bale really that much bigger than Tottenham? 

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

December 16, 2013 @ 19:24:57
He didn't fail at Spurs. Pretty much everyone thinks the sacking is a farce.
It was a clear problem at the Executive level. Baldini and Levy were bringing in players with moderate quality to appease the Spurs faithful when Gareth Bale's sale became innevitable. I mean lets actual look at their transfers. 
Soldado- Aging striker of a above-midtable spanish club, whose a Spain International but only on occassion starts before Torres. Del Bosque would rather go with a False 9 then use him. Paid 26 million
Paulinho- I personally see good qualities in his play going forward. Offers little in a defensive area and makes rash decisions, hence his straight red against Liverpool. Worth the 17 million, dont really think so. 
Then Chadli and Lamela- Neither of whom have scored 40 million between the two. Cmon thats just wreckless. 
Eriksen- By far their best signing, kinda mad he's at Spurs wish he was at Arsenal, but he wouldnt get into our first team. And thats why Wenger didnt buy him, hes not as good as Wilshere or Ramsey and is about the same as Oxlade-Chamberlain who I think will be better down the road. Never the less Eriksen is the best player in this Spurs Team and will be until he signs for Real Madrid next summer for 80 million. 
Then you have Capoue and Chiriches- Capoue's been linked with Arsenal last summer, Wenger passed up on him for a reason, dude has no strength. He is tall yes, but cant use that to his advantage at all. Chiriches is shit. 

Two questions need to be answered after seeing this happen.
1.) Should a director of football (baldini) or a manager (AVB) make the ultimate decisions on transfers?
2.) Is Gareth Bale really that much bigger than Tottenham? 
Soldado was purchased because he suits the vertical style of play employed by AVB. He's scored plenty of volleys and goals testament to that. Spurs has literally no other option aswell, every other striker they were in for didn't come. For ages they've been trying to get Leandro but every window the deal flops, AVB had to do something or not only would he have been short on strikers, he wouldve had Adebayor and Defoe.

Also how does his caps for Spain correlate to quality? Could you elaborate on that.

Statistically, Paulinho made more tackles than his counterpart Leiva, against Liverpool. He implements the defensive style seemingly used more by Brazilians like Luiz whereby he pressurises and looks to win the ball from the attacker with tackles etc. Even though they were battered, he actually still pulled off some good tackles. What evidence are you using that he's not worth 17 million? Tell me what makes someone worth 17 million
In 2013, 17 million for a DM like Paulinho is actually a bargain, he's only 25. What evidence have you got regarding his poor defensive ability?

£40 mill was too much but I wouldn't say Lamela's primary role is to score so I don't understand using that as a parameter to judge him by. He's also capable of making chances aswell, again £40 mill was too much but its his FIRST season. Chadli I'm not a fan of.

I don't see how Wenger not getting Capoue was some masterstroke that proves Capoue isn't good. You know who else Wenger failed in buying? Yaya Toure, C.Ronaldo, Ibra and many more.

Ericksen I agree is a good player but not a world beater, hence no one buying him from Ajax even though he's been on the radar of big clubs for years. Still though he's probably one of the better centre mids in the league. Again, he deserves time to adjust.

If you're saying Baldini & Levy were to blame for these apparently poor signings, how are you justifying AVB being sacked? Surely then Baldini and Levy are to blame then.

I don't get how the Bale question is even relevant, what do you mean by that? Bale's departure was out of AVB's hands and to be honest Spurs did very well to make that amount of cash, Arsenal have fared abit worse in recent years when its come to the money made from selling their best players.

The key thing is, AVB is a tactically astute manager, bar his obsession with a high line. The guy simply needed time, likewise, the new players needed time. It's something people gloss over, but Arsenal are doing well not simply because of Ozil, but also due to the squad being basically unchanged from last season and very similar to the season before that. That adds stability to a team and enables you to build off it, to sack your manager and lambaste the players for not scoring 20 goals each in their first season is ludicrous and highlights one of the main problems with modern football. I'm sorry but whatever your reasons are I disagree with sacking a manager so quickly.

Also, final point, bearing in mind that if Spurs had won they wouldve been right near the top, how did AVB fail? With basically an entirely new squad he's kept them near the top, he needed time.
December 16, 2013 @ 21:02:04
We live in a Money-driven Football World. If you (or your boss spends) 100 million on investments and in a specified amount of time, they do not reach their potential, someone has to take the fall. And its not going to be the guy with CEO or Director in their job title. I am not putting the blame on AVB he is a good tactian a good mind; but the fast paced results or leave, chop and change, English Premier League is not the place to start plying your trade, yes he did well in Portugal but he wasnt ready for England and it is showing. He will take this on the chin and come back stronger and with even more to prove. But the problems for Spurs still lingers and I love it. 

December 17, 2013 @ 19:48:15
I see Mr Levy didn't disappoint. Now for spurs to dive out of the two domestic cup competitions..
December 28, 2013 @ 21:52:02

December 29, 2013 @ 20:04:25
liverpool got exposed. 

December 30, 2013 @ 00:43:27

Insta: @jthrillah

January 04, 2014 @ 23:20:25
nothing beats proper banter...

January 12, 2014 @ 18:12:45
anyone watch that stoke city v liverpool match? that game was beautiful 

take pictures and shit

January 15, 2014 @ 06:30:53
January 16, 2014 @ 15:31:56
indeed...
January 16, 2014 @ 18:35:49
Anyone have Fifa 14 for ps4? i need folks to practice with
January 19, 2014 @ 04:58:16
Chelsea boys ready to get fuck tomorrow? United here we come

Instagram: @esoJlaziR

January 19, 2014 @ 10:04:54
Still on top.
My nigga santi.
January 21, 2014 @ 10:34:12
oooh santi cazooorla!
January 23, 2014 @ 02:35:15
Wow we are watching the demise of a great club. 
Remember Portsmouth? FA Cup champions of 2008? Finalists in 2010? Now they are 2 points from the drop of League 2 all the way down to the Conference, the 5th tier of English Football. They had players like David James, Jermaine Defoe, Peter Crouch, Glen Johnson, Sol Campbell (an aging Sol but still its Sol) and now they are dying. 4 successive Relegations, unreal. 

I can only hope the same happens to Manchester United. In Moyes We Arsenal Fans Trust. 

January 23, 2014 @ 06:24:32
Lol Portsmouth's demise has been going on for absolutely ages, it's not surprising

If anything Leeds' demise was worse. I think United will be alright, Moyes is doing bad but it's inevitable that after Fergie they would struggle. I only think Mourinho wouldve done better with this group of lads
January 23, 2014 @ 06:46:11
My boy Ki has been the key to the victory.

Moyes fucked up cuz he got rid of all the former coaching staffs n brought his staffs from Everton. He's going to spend the entire season trying to find the best squad smfh.

Fool trying to build new everton w/pellagrini and talking shit on Rooney like he's the backup member for Persie.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

January 23, 2014 @ 16:30:19
Mata to United? Owss

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

January 23, 2014 @ 19:26:16
I really don't think it's Moyes fault 100%. I feel he cannot motivate the player yet like how Fergie has in the past and the players are for lack of a better word playing like pure shit. A few good quality signings will change all of that. We got one so far if we can get one or two more before the window closes we'll be fine. I really thing the Fellani signing was a big waste of money. He doesn't fit at all.
January 24, 2014 @ 20:00:07
United supporter here.

Obviously really annoyed at last nights result. But I don't think the poor current form is Moyes' fault, the coaching staff change could be a factor but I think we just have to many key players injured at the moment.

Current 1st team players out:
Rooney
Van Persie
Nani
Fellaini

We won the premiership last season but not by playing great. It was mainly down to RVP and Rooney who together got nearly 50 goals. They have hardly played this season (I think they played together twice). So we are missing a lot of goals.

I have no doubt that if Rooney and RVP were playing yesterday we would have won and if they had been fit the whole season we would be in the top 4. Those two players in particular offer so much more than just goals so they are a huge miss. Good news signing Mata but I think until either Rooney or RVP are back we will struggle. 
Will race you back to London mate
January 25, 2014 @ 15:09:00
I really don't think it's Moyes fault 100%. I feel he cannot motivate the player yet like how Fergie has in the past and the players are for lack of a better word playing like pure shit. A few good quality signings will change all of that. We got one so far if we can get one or two more before the window closes we'll be fine. I really thing the Fellani signing was a big waste of money. He doesn't fit at all.
Agree with the whole Fellaini. Was against that shit since the get go. Also happy with Mata signing but midfield is loaded with Kagawa, Valencia, Young, Januzaj, Fellaini, Carrick, Fletcher and etc. How's he gonna play them 

January 26, 2014 @ 13:09:15
Agree with the whole Fellaini. Was against that shit since the get go. Also happy with Mata signing but midfield is loaded with Kagawa, Valencia, Young, Januzaj, Fellaini, Carrick, Fletcher and etc. How's he gonna play them 
Kagawa, Janu, Carrick and Fletch are the only good names out of that list. Moyes can make it work if he shifts the midfield, United need to stop playing with out and out wingers anyways, that's not helping them.
January 30, 2014 @ 00:11:20
Kagawa, Janu, Carrick and Fletch are the only good names out of that list. Moyes can make it work if he shifts the midfield, United need to stop playing with out and out wingers anyways, that's not helping them.
Valencia is the only out and out winger we have. Nani and Young cut in way too much because they can't cross for shit.
January 30, 2014 @ 04:05:54
Valencia is the only out and out winger we have. Nani and Young cut in way too much because they can't cross for shit.
Valencia has been puttin in work smokeyface

January 31, 2014 @ 17:27:16
They cut in when in possession but without it they don't drop deep and get involved in the play really so I'd still consider them pretty direct, out and out strikers. Say for example you play Mata wide, he will drop deeper and will act as a spare man in midfield, that's what we do with Cazorla, that way you can overload almost everywhere on the pitch.

Wenger employs an out and out winger, in Walcott/Gnarby/Podolski (Who also cuts in alot but is still very direct) and a winger/midfielder, the likes of Cazorla (Or when he sometimes plays Wilshere or played Ramsey wide), I think in modern football you need that. If you're gonna play very direct wingers they need to consistently make runs behind the defence, that's why Barca can play with Alexis/Pedro/Tello/Neymar, they're all pretty direct, especially the first 3, but they make very good runs so the midfield can provide through balls that way. On the other hand someone like Valencia is a winger who hugs the touchline more so putting him through on goal with through balls is less likely. So for me, considering that he won't be scoring loads, won't get involved in the play and will only be putting in mostly useless crosses, an out and out winger like him isn't the best option.

I reckon if Young/Nani had better finishing, it would work out better even. Would have a goal threat from one side and Valencia providing crosses.
February 01, 2014 @ 03:09:03
Kim Kallstrom tho....alright Wenger 

February 04, 2014 @ 00:28:56

Insta: @jthrillah

Please login first to reply.
x