October 23, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
tomo.

Yea, fair enough it was a good free kick, but it wasn't unbelievable. IMO it's a fairly standard free kick.

I guess like you say though, showing that he can do more than the usual, but I get a bit irritated by people exaggerating the abilities of some top footballers.

A friend used to claim this Messi free kick was world class.

You may have your own opinion but I don't think it's world class. It's good yea, but if I saw that again (live) it wouldn't move me from my seat. If Beckham hadn't of done that 5 years ago many people wouldn't think much of it.

The wall and goalkeeper aren't ready and most top flight footballers would possess the accuracy needed to put it in the far corner - keeper didn't stand a chance.

Edit: Mind you, the wall doesn't look 10 yards from the dead ball. Although it obviously isn't lined up properly either, so it probably makes it easier for Messi
October 23, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
Otacon

Was a good free-kick scored in the 90th minute to win a game by a striker who's in form. Showing he can do more than what he's already been doing. Which in itself is amazing

Thats why people are excited

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It was his first free kick attempt in his professional career supposedly and he also has 16 goals in 10 games
October 23, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
Otacon

which ties the record Messi currently holds just saying
October 23, 2012 @ 06:44 AM
YoungRizal

i know im so late on this. Since I just found out about Pirlo during the Euro 2012. Mostly due to the fact that I don't follow Serie A [Gay league with dirty ass players imo.]

But how awesome is Pirlo? God damn, this guy is so fucking good.

IMO, he's definitely better than Xavi and Fabregas. He just might be better than Iniesta too. IF anything he sure is as good as Iniesta.

I mean his nickname is "Architect" for a reason ya know?

Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Maldini and Cassano is all you need to know bout Italian football
Super late pass. Like 6-9 years late with the Pirlo thing.

Edit: and Scholes >Pirlo that's cuz Man U is where is at!!!

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

October 25, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
NapoleonComplex

QPR v Arsenal game is a must win....
For both teams....and the hoops have 6 days of rest, we are so fucked.

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

October 25, 2012 @ 07:25 AM
blunt_trauma

you're an arsenal supporter? no wonder you're so damn bitter
October 26, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
Lemonz

ARSENE WENGER yesterday launched a vigorous defence of his Arsenal reign — and insisted it was more important to qualify for the Champions League than put any old trophy in the cabinet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4609385/Arsene-Wenger-Champions-League-qualification-as-good-as-a-trophy.html#ixzz2AQaA2q2y

October 26, 2012 @ 05:51 PM
NapoleonComplex

I hate Wenger
And this shit that Arsenal is moving to Adidas....smh
Its an end of an era sad

October 26, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
tomo.

The manager insisted: “There are five trophies.

“The first is the Premier League, the second is Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is the FA Cup and the fifth is the League Cup.

“I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask: ‘Did you win the League Cup?’ They ask: ‘Do you play in the Champions League?’

I agree with Wenger with regard to attracting new talent. However, I'm not sure of his valuation between Champions League qualification and FA Cup, sure players want to play in the CL but they also want a realistic chance of winning trophies - and I'm sorry but Arsenal are quite far from challenging for the CL trophy - as are all English teams at present.

I feel for Arsenal fans it must be so frustrating and it doesn't seem as if much progress is being made at boardroom level from a fans/shareholders perspective. I'm not really sure where the problem lies, although your club is run very well maybe perhaps the wage structure should be reviewed - I'm just thinking maybe more could of been done to keep RVP at the time.

I know people bang on about Wenger not spending but he spent this year didn't he, obviously sold RVP but I'm sure if you asked a lot fans they would say that the money was well spent and they were pleased with the purchases and were confident of this seasons prospects, so to fall back on the "he/we never spend despite having money available" wouldn't seem quite right.
October 26, 2012 @ 07:08 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

I hate Wenger
And this shit that Arsenal is moving to Adidas....smh
Its an end of an era sad

Weve had Adidas before

And lol at I hate Wenger
October 27, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

What a ridiculously hard fought victory

Took the sending off leaving space on the right for us to score. Before that it was simply a game of Arsenal playing infront of the QPR defence
October 27, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
NapoleonComplex

how good was wilshere? how terrible was Andre Santos? Podolski is lazy...
we need Diaby back in the midfield. Tired of seeing Ramsey out wide.
Good 3 points tho.
let the 3rd place defense begin

October 27, 2012 @ 08:41 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Are you actually asking or are those rhetorical questions lol
October 28, 2012 @ 08:03 AM
indecisive

Who's ready to see United play Chelsea tomorrow?
how good was wilshere? how terrible was Andre Santos? Podolski is lazy...
we need Diaby back in the midfield. Tired of seeing Ramsey out wide.
Good 3 points tho.
let the 3rd place defense begin

been seeing a lot of people raving about Wilshire since he's back, referring to him as 'world class' esp. those in the UK
October 28, 2012 @ 10:20 AM
dualtajones

been seeing a lot of people raving about Wilshire since he's back, referring to him as 'world class' esp. those in the UK

Yeah thats just crazy Arsenal and England fans watching old highlights of the guy. Im sure he'll be good, but I don't think he's their saviour...

United Chelsea game should be good, crazy attacking talent on display and fairly leaky defenses....

C'mon United

Dublin born and bred.

October 28, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
NapoleonComplex

This is some shameful shit on the FA. 2 bullshit red cards and an offside goal?

October 28, 2012 @ 05:42 PM
jordann

By the looks of it we are going to get spank by Man U next weekend, not looking forward to it...
October 28, 2012 @ 06:07 PM
NapoleonComplex

yes if the refs play like this we will get spanked.

October 28, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
Lemonz

Ref ruined the match. Torres's red should have actually been a FK since Evans made contact. Ivanovic's red wasn't that bad.
United would have lost if they didn't go down to 9 men because even with 10 at 2-2 Chelsea were still dominating.
October 28, 2012 @ 09:10 PM

Inactive

October 28, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Ref ruined the match. Torres's red should have actually been a FK since Evans made contact. Ivanovic's red wasn't that bad.
United would have lost if they didn't go down to 9 men because even with 10 at 2-2 Chelsea were still dominating.

Problem is you could argue Torres shouldve went off for his kung fu kick in the first half

There was contact by Evans but he went down too easy
October 28, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
Lemonz

Problem is you could argue Torres shouldve went off for his kung fu kick in the first half

Well Young should have been carded as well. There was contact in both cases but Young got a FK, Torres got booked.
October 29, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
tomo.

Well Young should have been carded as well. There was contact in both cases but Young got a FK, Torres got booked.

The Ivanovic incident was a clear sending off, no question about it.
I think that Torres was felled and Evans should have been booked.
Mind you (not saying two wrongs make a right) that Torres Kung Fu kick was criminal, could of seen red there.

Also,

Suarez diving in front of Moyes, disgraceful, although I'm not so sure we could expect a sanction there.
Two bad challenges from him and he should of gone aswell, kicking out and stamping on (Anichibe was itconfused's ankle.

However, proper lad for keeping the missile coin as a momento.
October 29, 2012 @ 12:31 AM
NapoleonComplex

The Future of Football

October 29, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

His English has improved, good
October 29, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
Lemonz

The Ivanovic incident was a clear sending off, no question about it.
I think that Torres was felled and Evans should have been booked.
Mind you (not saying two wrongs make a right) that Torres Kung Fu kick was criminal, could of seen red there.

Also,

Suarez diving in front of Moyes, disgraceful, although I'm not so sure we could expect a sanction there.
Two bad challenges from him and he should of gone aswell, kicking out and stamping on (Anichibe was itconfused's ankle.

However, proper lad for keeping the missile coin as a momento.

Probably the angle from which the ref saw it made it worse, but Young made the most of it.

Fucking Suarez man, stomped on Distin not Anichibe.I'm glad his goal got disallowed (although it should have been) at the end.
His English has improved, good

dead
October 29, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
tomo.

Probably the angle from which the ref saw it made it worse, but Young made the most of it.

Fucking Suarez man, stomped on Distin not Anichibe.I'm glad his goal got disallowed (although it should have been) at the end.

He clearly clipped him though, and he was last man.

Thanks for the correction, that challenge was dreadful. The scousers still love him nonetheless and can't admit that he is a cun*.
October 29, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
NapoleonComplex

big news stateside
FUCK RUPERT MURDOCH

LONDON -- NBC's networks will televise the English Premier League under a $250 million, three-year deal that begins next season.

They will show every match from the world's most popular soccer league, taking coverage away from Fox and ESPN.

October 29, 2012 @ 11:41 AM
kromaqee

Just like how BeIn fucked GolTV

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 29, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
blunt_trauma

wow, this is big news, i haven't seen a damn la liga match all year cause that qatari group bought up their rights. At the very least foxsoccer still has the champions league. But yeah goltv is going to go bye bye

Please login first to reply.