Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 13, 2012 @ 04:07 PM
deadpooL

Fucking aguero....my favorite player scored the league winner for city scum sad
May 13, 2012 @ 04:11 PM
NapoleonComplex

smh....sheikh mansour hasnt even been to a city game.
Atleast Abramovich cares
the prem is gonna become a pet project to the filthy rich now
Thankfully Arsenal isnt privately owned.....

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

May 13, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
deadpooL

What a fucking season. I was on the edge of my seat until the last minute.

Liverpool taking it all next season cool
May 13, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
Lemonz

Lost it in the last minute sad I ain't even mad doe. Before the match I didn't even expect City to slip up at all. 94' on the clock had me thinking we won it.

Taking L's?
May 13, 2012 @ 04:30 PM
Max S v2

What a fucking season. I was on the edge of my seat until the last minute.

ayyyyyyyyyy liverpool doe
May 13, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
kromaqee

FUCK MAN U

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

May 13, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
papers

3rd is cool that automatic CL spot now I'm just prayin RvP stays
May 14, 2012 @ 08:33 AM
loop

way to end a season cool
May 14, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
OGDUBZ

woke up at the perfect time...as a man u fan not mad doe..juss need to revamp midfield..an we takin 3-4 titles next year
May 14, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Lol 3-4 titles yeah?

Funny how United fans don't see that they need more than 1 midfielder or something
May 14, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
OGDUBZ

Look at all the injuries they had, they had scholes and giggs playing yesterday i think( didnt see the starting Xl)... and revamp does not mean 1 midfielder fyi.....but even with 1 skilled midfielder they would be ok wit cleverly coming back from injury and young on the wing.
May 14, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
VANCITY

'Not in my lifetime' - Slur Alex Ferguson on whether City will win the Premier League, September 2009.

May 14, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
Lemonz

Is that Tevez? lmao that rat has the arrogance to do shit like that considering his minimal contribution to their campaign. Stay classy, City.
May 14, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Look at all the injuries they had, they had scholes and giggs playing yesterday i think( didnt see the starting Xl)... and revamp does not mean 1 midfielder fyi.....but even with 1 skilled midfielder they would be ok wit cleverly coming back from injury and young on the wing.

So name the positions in which you believe United are very strong? Since you say 3-4 trophies, lets say name some positions where United have one of the best players in Europe

I'll start, striker - Rooney, world class, who else is world class in strike for United? Welbeck? Hernandez?
May 14, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Is that Tevez? lmao that rat has the arrogance to do shit like that considering his minimal contribution to their campaign. Stay classy, City.

Tbh is it not irrelevant how big his contribution was? At the end of the day his team have disproved what SAF claimed in a stupid statement
May 14, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Lol, funny but commiserations to United
May 14, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
Lemonz

So name the positions in which you believe United are very strong? Since you say 3-4 trophies, lets say name some positions where United have one of the best players in Europe

I'll start, striker - Rooney, world class, who else is world class in strike for United? Welbeck? Hernandez?

Vidic when fit can get into just about any team.
Valencia was probably the best winger is the world this season.

edit:
3rd is cool that automatic CL spot now I'm just prayin RvP stays

If Chelsea wins the CL, Spurs won't get a spot and Arsenal would have to go through the CL playoff to qualify. Not exactly automatic.
May 14, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Actually no, Arsenal wouldn't have to go through play offs, Chelsea would get Spurs' spot and Spurs would fall into the Europa League with Newcastle and Liverpool

So essentially Spurs and Chelsea would swap European positions

And 1 world class winger, 1 that is good in Young and another that in recent times has become rather inconsistent is gonna win you 3-4 titles?

United can do fine if they buy this Summer but right now they have some problems
May 14, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
Lemonz

Actually no, Arsenal wouldn't have to go through play offs, Chelsea would get Spurs' spot and Spurs would fall into the Europa League with Newcastle and Liverpool

Yeah, I was listening to TalkSport and they said something like that, guess i heard it wrong. Chelsea will have to go through the play offs.

And 1 world class winger, 1 that is good in Young and another that in recent times has become rather inconsistent is gonna win you 3-4 titles?

United can do fine if they buy this Summer but right now they have some problems

I was just responding to the bit about which of our players could get into any team in Europe.
May 15, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Yeah, I was listening to TalkSport and they said something like that, guess i heard it wrong. Chelsea will have to go through the play offs.

I was just responding to the bit about which of our players could get into any team in Europe.

Yeah tbh i despise Chelsea but I hate no team as much as I hate Spurs so them getting their CL spot taken away would be sweet lol

And ah right, well like I said United's squad is decent but they need to buy, their full backs aren't really the best, the centre of their midfield is poor and apart from Rooney their strikeforce is mediocre. De Gea's new but he's not even all that to be honest

On top of that you've got a playstyle which works well domestically but is poor in Europe. United's poor possession maintenance is a big downfall for them, led to them losing a must win game against Everton. But to me that's a problem consistent in many PL teams
May 15, 2012 @ 12:24 AM
theconqueror

dope ass way to end the EPL! WOW.

i was hoping newcastle would make it into CL but europa is still great.
May 15, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
kromaqee

If my blues win, Newcastle will lose their Europa Leage spot sad

May 15, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Wait what?!

Where are you getting that from may i ask? Spurs lose their CL spot, Chelsea go to playoffs, Newcastle, Liverpool (due to the Carling Cup) will have the EL

Why would Newcastle lose their spot?..
May 15, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
Lemonz

And ah right, well like I said United’s squad is decent but they need to buy, their full backs aren’t really the best, the centre of their midfield is poor and apart from Rooney their strikeforce is mediocre. De Gea’s new but he’s not even all that to be honest

On top of that you’ve got a playstyle which works well domestically but is poor in Europe. United’s poor possession maintenance is a big downfall for them, led to them losing a must win game against Everton. But to me that’s a problem consistent in many PL teams

On top of that you've got a playstyle which works well domestically but is poor in Europe. United's poor possession maintenance is a big downfall for them, led to them losing a must win game against Everton. But to me that's a problem consistent in many PL teams
We have 1 natural RB, Rafael(wouldn't could Fabio as a RB since he mostly plays at LB, even though he's right footed). Jones and Smalling can fill in when needed but they're a lot better playing in their natural position at CB.
Evra is nowhere near as consistent as he used to be. Right now I'd even consider Clichy to be a better LB than him.
Welbeck is good but I'd start Chicharito over him any day. Hernandez can't pass for shit and his decision making is iffy (basically he's useless outside the box) but if he can regain the form he showed in his first season then he'll be fine. Welbeck has better build-up play but his finishing at time is just awful. The fact that Berbatov and Michael Owen (I hope) are leaving means that we will sign another striker.

De Gea started out slowly but he's grown into the role. How else do you expect young players to learn? I say give him a year or two and he will be up there in the top 10 GKs in the world. 17 clean sheets in your first season isn't anything to be ashamed of, with only Joe Hart above him in that respect.

Scholes and Giggs are staying on for another year so I wouldn't surprised if we only sign 1 midfielder. I kinda have mixed feeling about this since Giggs is inconsistent and we get fucked over in midfield whenever he starts (Newcastle 3-0, Wigan 1-0 etc). We've never been dominated in midfield when Scholes starts, which is funny because he isn't particularly defensive, but he keeps possession well and his distribution is world class.

Anderson is always injured but he's good when fit. Right now he's more of a liability than anything.
Fletcher might never fully recover from his illness.
Cleverley has been out injured for most of the season, and it's too early to tell if he's good enough for United.

Carrick is consistent and probably one of the most under-rated players in the PL. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a call-up for the Euros. Surely he's shown more class than Lampard and Gerrard this season, although in the past England squads have been decided based on history rather than players that are in form.

Our play-style doesn't work in Europe because we play mostly 4-4-1-1 domestically. Normally we'd go 4-5-1 in EU but we tried to keep that same style and it didn't work out well. I miss the days when we'd play with a 4-3-3 back in '08 when we won the CL. The problem with that is atm the team is built around Rooney. Reverting to a 4-3-3 would mean 1) starting Rooney alone up front or 2) playing him out of position. He had his best scoring season (34) playing up front alone.
Against Sunderland we played 4-5-1 and it's the best away performance we've had for a while (despite the fact that we only scored 1 goal).

On a side note, I feel the only reason we went that close to winning the PL is because we got dumped out of every other competition.

>inb4 tl;dr
May 17, 2012 @ 10:19 AM
elche

Valencia best winger in the world?!?! Am I the only one that caught that?! Oh man did that give me a good laugh. Hes FAR from the best winger on the team let alone the world.
May 17, 2012 @ 01:19 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

If you think Valencia is far from the best winger on the team you really need to go and watch some United matches

Not only is he statistically the best, when watching you also see how disciplined he is, unlike Nani who at times is prone to losing possession Valencia stays in a positively rigid position delivering accurate balls to Rooney. On top of that he has a great shot on him

Lemonz i read it and whilst i agree with most points, i would say that Lampard this season has been better than Carrick, i would say it would be stupid to sign 1 midfielder (You seem to kinda agree) and i would say Anderson is decent but he's not the type of player you need. United need a creative central midfielder closer to Scholes' style, Anderson is more of an energetic midfielder that can win the ball in midfield. Saying that though, is Anderson that good at that job really? Someone like Tiote might be better, even though he seems more defensive

I dunno, for me except Rooney in strike, United's central defence when Vidic and Ferdinand are fit and their wingers overall the team is quite mediocre. Especially when compared to the 08 team
May 17, 2012 @ 02:43 PM
kromaqee

Wait what?!

Where are you getting that from may i ask? Spurs lose their CL spot, Chelsea go to playoffs, Newcastle, Liverpool (due to the Carling Cup) will have the EL

Why would Newcastle lose their spot?..

Only 1 Carling cup spot is open. If Chelsea wins, Tottenham drops and takes newcastle's carling cup spot. Comprendes loco?

May 17, 2012 @ 05:18 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

What are you talking about? The only Carling Cup spot is Liverpools, cos they won the cup

The Europa league places go down to 6th, Newcastle would retain their spot

So if Chelsea wins its:

Man City - CL
Man Utd - CL
Arsenal - CL
Chelsea - CL as champions
Tottenham - Europa
Newcastle - Europa
Liverpool - Europa (Carling Cup winners)

Heres the rules

www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/european-qualification-permutations.html

'CHELSEA WIN UCL
Chelsea qualify for the Champions League, with their FA Cup Europa League place going to the highest-placed Barclays Premier League team which has not already qualified for Europe.'

Comprendes loco?
May 17, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
Lemonz

If you think Valencia is far from the best winger on the team you really need to go and watch some United matches

Not only is he statistically the best, when watching you also see how disciplined he is, unlike Nani who at times is prone to losing possession Valencia stays in a positively rigid position delivering accurate balls to Rooney. On top of that he has a great shot on him

Lemonz i read it and whilst i agree with most points, i would say that Lampard this season has been better than Carrick, i would say it would be stupid to sign 1 midfielder (You seem to kinda agree) and i would say Anderson is decent but he's not the type of player you need. United need a creative central midfielder closer to Scholes' style, Anderson is more of an energetic midfielder that can win the ball in midfield. Saying that though, is Anderson that good at that job really? Someone like Tiote might be better, even though he seems more defensive

I dunno, for me except Rooney in strike, United's central defence when Vidic and Ferdinand are fit and their wingers overall the team is quite mediocre. Especially when compared to the 08 team

With all the rumors flying around about Shinji Kagawa it seems like a done deal. He's an attacking midfielder that can play in central midfield but I couldn't see him fitting into a 4-4-1-1 formation in the Prem Lge. It kinda puzzles me because the only placed he'd fit in is behind the main striker, which essentially is Rooney's position. The last time we signed an attacking midfielder and tried to convert him to a central midfielder, we ended up with Anderson. In his first season he was amazing, but back then he played mostly 4-3-3 formation, and while he's adapted adequately to a 4-4-2 he has still yet to show consistently the same level of performances he did in that first season.
We only need an attacking central mid if we change the formation and tactics. 90% of the time our attacking play is generated out wide. I still don't get how we win so many games when we're so one dimensional. Play it out wide, cross it in, goal. It's like they know what we're going to do but they just can't stop it.
May 17, 2012 @ 06:25 PM
Lemonz

Valencia best winger in the world?!?! Am I the only one that caught that?! Oh man did that give me a good laugh. Hes FAR from the best winger on the team let alone the world.

lmao this guy. You really should watch more United matches before you can judge.
Name 1 winger in the world that was in better form than Valencia last season.

Please login first to reply.