Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 7, 2011 @ 06:20 PM
NapoleonComplex

United will lose. City game doesnt matter if Napoli beat a villareal that has not won any CL games and they are terrible in La Liga

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

December 7, 2011 @ 06:26 PM
Lemonz

I doubt we will loose. We haven't played well in the CL this season but our defense has been rock solid since Vidic came back from injury. All we need is a draw, but I just hope we don't play for a draw.

I don't get why CL group positions aren't decided by goal difference in situations where you have teams with the same amount of points(rather than head to head). If that was the case we would be top of our group.
December 7, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
NapoleonComplex

MANCHESTER FOR EUROPA LEAGUE

December 7, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
blunt_trauma

damn this is a weird ass feeling... FUCK
December 7, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
blunt_trauma

here comes the united hate...
December 7, 2011 @ 09:38 PM
NapoleonComplex

United will lose. City game doesnt matter if Napoli beat a villareal that has not won any CL games and they are terrible in La Liga

I AM GOD!!!!!!

December 7, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
goosehandgun

Well, looks like City aren't advancing to the round of 16. Nap 2 - Vill 0

Fuck David Stern

December 7, 2011 @ 09:40 PM

Inactive

MANCHESTER FOR EUROPA LEAGUE

December 7, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
goosehandgun

Just seen the scores! Hahaha... Arsenal best English team left

Fuck David Stern

December 7, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
Lemonz

IS THIS REAL LIFE? 16 years have passed and we have never been knocked out in the group stages. This season is weird as fuck.
Europa League isn't even worth playing, at least we can give the younger players a chance to shine in that tournament. Well done Basel, they deserve it fully. They actually played like they want it.
Well, looks like City aren't advancing to the round of 16. Nap 2 - Vill 0

You know what this means? They're going to fucking dominate the Premier League now. With a squad that big, and with that much class I can't see them finishing anywhere less than 1st. FML

I cant wait until the end of the season for Fergie to feed us that "no value in the market" bullshit as an excuse to not sign anyone.
December 7, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
NapoleonComplex

Arsenal will win the League.

Dont doubt me Im on a roll with my predictions today.

December 7, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
theconqueror

December 8, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
zuesmc2000

IS THIS REAL LIFE? 16 years have passed and we have never been knocked out in the group stages. This season is weird as fuck.

United didn't make it out of the group stages in 2005/2006, interestingly we made the Final that season. The main problem with United IMO is that they don't have many quality pass and move type players, players who can play between the lines. Cleverley looks to have that sort of quality (Carrick too but SAF doesn't seem to trust him) but he's hurt.

I'd like Leverkusen, Basel, or Lyon the next round. Don't fear Milan or Napoli.
December 8, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
Lemonz

Carrick =/= pass and move. Unless you mean passing backwards, then yes. Carrick is lightweight, and he's been poor since 2008. When he was at his peak back then him + Scholes and Hargreaves/Fletcher used to dominate teams. What pisses me off the most about him is the fact that for a deep lying midfielder, he's not particularly defensively solid, neither is he very good going forward. It's like he's stuck in a limbo.

Cleverley has been one of our best players this season, when fit. Cleverley and Anderson formed probably the best midfield partnership we've had since Keane+Scholes. And it's no coincidence that our form dipped since he's been injured. What's weird is that neither Anderson or Clevs are particularly defensive, but what makes them so great together is that they can keep possession and they move the ball quickly between them with one touch passes and movement.

We should have signed a midfielder in the summer, but we didn't. We had the same problems that we're having now for most of last season - lacking that world class midfielder, bar Scholes and Giggs. I think the fact that we won the Premier League and reaching the CL final got Fergie thinking that the team is good enough as it is, despite the retirement of Scholes. If anything we're worse off now than we were last season. Isn't it funny that at 38 Giggs has been our most productive midfielder this season in terms of assists + chances created?

Had we made it through to the next round we would have been knocked out anyway. The way we've been playing I'd have dreaded coming up against teams like Madrid, Barca, Inter, Bayern, even Benfica. But it would sure be less embarrassing than having to play in the Europa League.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:02 AM
NapoleonComplex

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2011/12/08/2792875/it-is-embarrassing-to-be-in-the-europa-league-manchester

Good Read

December 8, 2011 @ 01:24 AM
Lemonz

lol @ goal.com
Anyway, the irony is, Evra has been poor this season. He's been responsible for so many of the goals we have conceded since the back end of last season.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:35 AM
NapoleonComplex

Thats why i thought it was a good read. Evra has been shit this season.

December 8, 2011 @ 01:38 AM

Inactive

^^ LoL evra always be crackin me up. i remember when he asked the Irish if they wanted a rematch on the PS3.
But srs tho im fearing for fergi's mental state, his worst defeat in the prem league and champions league in 1 season. but i cant see anyone bar mourinho replacing him.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:38 AM
3lite

Chelsea vs. Barca

Book it
December 8, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
NapoleonComplex

Chelsea vs. Barca

Book it

Enjoy simulating on FIFA 12 cause that shit will never happen. Unless your unlucky enough to draw early in the knockout stages

December 8, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
Lemonz

Fergie is in danger of leaving United the same way he started, struggling. I don't know how much longer he'll be at United, but if, and that's a big IF, he decides to invest in the summer it may very well be the last team he builds. Everyone thought he would have done it last summer. Sometimes I just don't get it, he's one of the best managers in the modern era, yet he's completely oblivious to the fat that out midfield is shit (bar Cleverley, Ando)
December 8, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
zuesmc2000

lol @ goal.com
Anyway, the irony is, Evra has been poor this season. He's been responsible for so many of the goals we have conceded since the back end of last season.

He's been rubbish since 2009, and add to that he's one of the biggest cowards in football. Accusing people of racism when things to go his way, undermining France's 2010 WC, the list goes on. Can't believe SAF hasn't gotten rid of him yet.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
zuesmc2000

Don't think United would ever go for a clown like Mourinho. United is a classy club with great values, I don't see someone like Mourinho fitting in with the culture there. If he goes back to England it will be City IMO.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:59 AM
Lemonz

I don't think there are many managers in the world that could manage United. Mourinho forms part of what I would think is a small list of managers that could actually replace Fergie. We need a manager that can guarantee success on the pitch, otherwise our financial standing would be a lot worse. Losing out on the CL at this stage is already a big blow financially.
December 8, 2011 @ 02:08 AM
NapoleonComplex

Your entire midfield is shit. Cleverly played one good game against city in a glorified friendly and now man u fans think he is god. He is a late bloomer. same age as theo walcott but would get man handled in the midfield by frimmers or even worse by the Super Jacky Wilshere. Anderson just tries to find rooney every time he touches the ball. Shouldve gotten Sneijder when you had the chance. but M'vila looks to be joining someone in the prem next season. might be arsenal or manure have no clue. but honestly Fergie needs to revamp the entire midfield.

Giggs-old
Anderson- shit
Carrick- not box to box or middle of the park
Fletcher- inconsistent
Cleverly- hasnt proven shit

December 8, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
Lemonz

^Where to start
Cleverley has been impressive in more than just that one game against City. He played well against West Brom(A), Spurs(H), Arsenal (H), which aren't exactly easy matches. He got injured and our form dipped. He recovered, and started against Everton before he got injured again. For the 60 minutes or so he was on the pitch he was our best player. It's no surprise that after he got injured again our form dipped once again.

Signing Sneijder would mean one of two things:
(1) Changing the formation to suit his style of play. He doesn't defend, so playing him in a 4-4-2 would be suicide, especially when playing alongside the players we have.
(2) Playing him in Rooney's position, right behind the main striker. Rooney's best position is behind the main striker so that wouldn't make sense. Besides, Fergie loves the Rooney - Chicharito combo up front.
In any case, he was well overpriced at the 35m Inter Milan were asking.

Anderson isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. He just needs the right partner beside him. When he was playing alongside Hargreaves he was a totally different player. Same thing happened when he was partnered with Cleverley.
Fletcher is a workhorse, and thats a great attribute. But in Sir Alex's eyes workrate > skill/ability. Giggs might be old but he's still our most productive midfielder, even at 38.
I won't even get into Carrick again. He should be shipped out along with Gibson, Diouf, and Evans.
December 8, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
Max S v2

hmm where you see liverpool ending up?
December 8, 2011 @ 02:51 AM
NapoleonComplex

hmm where you see liverpool ending up?

Where theyve ended up the last 3 seasons. No where near a place in europe.

December 8, 2011 @ 04:11 AM
zuesmc2000

M'vila is definitely not the type of player United need, and he's not coming to Arsenal. He's pretty much a carbon copy of De Jong. We won't go for him cause he'll be pricey and we already have some class younger players for that position, not to mention Song.
December 8, 2011 @ 02:40 PM
Lemonz

He's actually the right kind of player we need. We haven't had a decent defensive midfielder since Hargreaves. That's why we get dominated constantly. I know we won the league, and got to the CL final last season with a 4-4-2, but we got lucky. How you can play that formation with shitty midfielders and still win matches is beyond me. And playing with that same 4-4-2 in the final (with Carrick and Giggs in the middle) was probably the dumbest thing Fergie has done in a long while.

Please login first to reply.