Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
June 8, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
nogi-drew

And he seems like a good attacking right back, what we need now Lucas Neill has fucked off.

Win win situation!

spector?
June 8, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
go0seMUFC

Not enough games under his belt.
June 9, 2009 @ 10:47 AM
ayjayvolta

an ignorant post i know...

but United for 4 in a row....
June 9, 2009 @ 11:33 AM
Shaun

united for 4 in a row....

+1
June 9, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
mr.orange

^ +1

spector?

LOL you mad son?
June 9, 2009 @ 12:42 PM
nogi-drew

due to injuries and him being "American" Spectors never gotten a full run out at west ham or manchester united for that matter.
June 11, 2009 @ 04:52 AM
go0seMUFC

I'm sure you've all either heard or will hear when you guys wake up...but Ronaldo will be wearing a white shirt next season...
June 11, 2009 @ 05:47 AM
Shaun

Finally it's all over one way or another. I always said I wanted a willing Ronaldo to stay but he always wanted to go so he's got his Real Madrid move. We've caked up crazy off him though!! We won't be able to find a direct equal replacement but United will maybe sign 3 top top players for us to adapt in a different way.

Honest feelings: A lil salty but very excited.
June 11, 2009 @ 05:54 AM
go0seMUFC

There's so much for me to say but to put it into words is just to difficult. In all honesty, I had just woken up from this crazy ass dream not involving football, when I decided to check my Twitter and BAM! All these posts on United accepting the
June 11, 2009 @ 06:09 AM
Ledger

Gonna be so interesting to see how Utd do without him - not saying they're a one man team but he's really been their most important player for the past couple of seasons.
June 11, 2009 @ 07:10 AM
go0seMUFC

Gonna be so interesting to see how Utd do without him - not saying they're a one man team but he's really been their most important player for the past couple of seasons.

The team was built around him for the past season and part of this one. So yes, it will be difficult to cope without. Transition perhaps?

Edit.
Good, simple, and quick read:
footytweets.com/manutd/news/92058

Tony Gale makes the best point IMHO.
June 11, 2009 @ 07:38 AM
Ledger

Gale is spot on, if they grab Ribery its not going to be cheap at all now. Huge gap in the squad now and it must be filled by an experienced player...SAF's got his work cut out for the title defense.

Should be a great transfer season, hopefully we don't waste our money like with Deco. Sergio Aguero look like a main target for us but who knows.
June 11, 2009 @ 10:13 AM
sjem

I dont think Aguero is worth the
June 11, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
J THRILLLAH

June 11, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
blunt_trauma

lol.... good shit jersey
June 11, 2009 @ 07:17 PM
mr.orange

due to him being shite Spectors never gotten a full run out at west ham or manchester united for that matter.

correction

real madrid have always ben my spanish team, how lol is the whole situation.
June 11, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
blunt_trauma

spector was good on the chicago magicsmile
June 11, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
go0seMUFC

correction

real madrid have always ben my spanish team, how lol is the whole situation.

Not even I have a Spanish team, and I'm Spanish. I'm the shame of my family. They're all Sevilla FC. I got verbally owned the second that whistle blew during this year's Champions League final. Text, call, IM's, skype, everything?! Everythang!
June 12, 2009 @ 04:16 AM
nogi-drew

The team was built around him for the past season and part of this one. So yes, it will be difficult to cope without. Transition perhaps?

Edit.
Good, simple, and quick read:
footytweets.com/manutd/news/92058

Tony Gale makes the best point IMHO.

we did build the squad around him. but if the champions league finals showed anything is that we accomidated too much for him. it affected our lack of midfield strength and our width. and more importantly we can unleash Rooney who wants to be at United for life and who has being a team player much to his detriment. Hes a terror for england of late and hopefully capello and saf have a talk because i think rooney could steal the show next summer in south africa!
June 12, 2009 @ 04:54 PM
go0seMUFC

That UCL squad was much different than what was normally played though up until the middle/end of the season where he began rotating Giggs/Scholes/Park in order to accomodate Ronaldo into that CF role. Then in the end where he played the 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Ronaldo up top or as a free flowing attacker. So Rooney will probably be our in-front-of-goal Striker against weaker teams or with the possible addition of Antonio Valencia as our new winger. I know he won't be as effective as Ronaldo, but I really like his physical aspect. I expect buildup to me significantly slower unless we include Ando and Nani in the mix. I sometimes think Rooney can't help it but to play out of position in order to accomodate his teammates more. Also, this is also dependant on whether Tevez/Berba will stay as Berba might fit into this slower system while Tevez might straight up leave.
June 15, 2009 @ 06:21 AM
Silver Bullet

You guys are in mad debt.But i take it the Ronaldo money will be spent on players.I think you will end up with Valencia in Ronaldo's position.Can only see Ribery going to Spain,that is if he even leaves Bayern.

Personally a player i really want for Chelski is David Silva.I doubt we would go for him though.He probably wouldn't even want to come to us.We have been linked with Kun Aguero and Alexandre Pato,both for like 45M.Just seems like a lot of money to me.Would not be mad if we got either though lol.
June 15, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
sjem

Yeah the money from Ronaldo's transfer is going on bringing in new players. Apparently SAF has a
June 15, 2009 @ 12:14 PM
Eugene K.

Bring in new players yes but I wonder, had Ronaldo sold for 60 million pounds or 80 million pounds, would the final result in terms of new faces be the same.

Every club now dealing with Man U now and in the near future has probably re-assessed the prices of their players.
June 15, 2009 @ 04:01 PM
go0seMUFC

Bring in new players yes but I wonder, had Ronaldo sold for 60 million pounds or 80 million pounds, would the final result in terms of new faces be the same.

Every club now dealing with Man U now and in the near future has probably re-assessed the prices of their players.

That is what I and Tony Gale later figured in the article I posted above. From the rumors though, it looks like Ferguson wants David Villa. I'd prefer Benzema (now) IMHO as he would be the better target man instead of Berba (if United manage to load him off in the summer). Also, this could mean Tevez is definitely leaving in the summer. I hope he goes to Spain because it would pain me to see him at scouse-ville or shitty. Also, offloading Berba, but to who?

Edit.
Just read that Darren Bent and Pavlyuchenko might be released from Spurs. Can anyone say cheap pickup for Bent? Proven goalscorer and extremely underrated all in a descent pace. Perhaps someone to rotate throughout the season perhaps?
June 16, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
Silver Bullet

Also, this could mean Tevez is definitely leaving in the summer. I hope he goes to Spain because it would pain me to see him at scouse-ville or shitty. Also, offloading Berba, but to who?

Rumour has it Ancelotti has called him up personally and Tevez was "Impressed" by what he heared lol.
June 16, 2009 @ 02:48 PM
sjem

^I heard that too.
Anyone know if Hargreaves is gonna be fit for the start of next season yet?
June 16, 2009 @ 03:44 PM
go0seMUFC

I don't remember if I got the link from here or some other forum, but this will answer all questions concerning injury and doubts:

www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
June 16, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
sjem

Cheers for the link, that means that all our players (touch wood) should be fit for the start of the seasonsmile
June 17, 2009 @ 01:41 AM
Eugene K.

Ah Hargreaves... the Canadian equivalent of Giuseppe Rossi
June 17, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
go0seMUFC

Cheers for the link, that means that all our players (touch wood) should be fit for the start of the seasonsmile

Not a problem. Anything to keep the peeps updated.

And quick question or opinion. What do you guys think of Steven Pienaar? Personally, I think he can be potentially explosive. His pace, runs, movement, and control are pretty amazing. He needs to work more on his passing and finishing, but once you practice on that I feel he could be Top 4 material. I paid more attention to him this season as Everton played a big role in the Premiership this season. With the right players to his aid, he could play a big role. And I know we're all Pro United and such, but do you guys think an African influence would effect the squad positively? They possess the natural pace necessary for the game while their movement comes naturally. And breaking a defensive unit through movement is in my opinion, the best attacking football in this modern era. Reason being because it's difficult to perform as an effective unit as everything just goes out of your control as a defender.

Please login first to reply.