FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
September 8, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
deadpooL

^

lol @ tottenham.

l
September 8, 2011 @ 01:34 AM
deadpooL

lolol tottenham. gtfo.
September 8, 2011 @ 02:41 AM
sjem

so let me understand this your saying we replaced average with average. i beg to differ.

suarez, carroll > torres
Enrique > konchesky aurelio (6m is a steal for enrique with the form he has been in)
Adam > poulsen
Downing > maxi
Coates > Soto

not to mention bellamy who was great when he was playing for city. henderson is the future of england. coates is 20 and won best young player at the copa america ahead of neymar, ganso etc. i really dont see how you can say quality hasnt been brought in. i know your a united fan but at least show you know football and respect the fact the team is much improved compared to last years and the squad as a whole is deeper and talent laden. chopped 30mil off the wages. coates, adam and enrique all cost under 10m. we paid alot for the english lads but that isnt anything new. english talent is always overrated.

Arsenal failed to replace their world class players. benayoun isnt even fit to lace the boots of nasri let alone cesc. park chu young is an unknown quantity in england. mertesacker is good but he lacks pace. and santos is basically eboue at LB. i dont think theyve done enough. wilshere out til november, all the suspensions, it just doesnt look good for arsenal. same goes for spurs. parker is a good move as is Ade, but i dont think they have what it takes either.

United city Pool chelsea in no specific order

Lmao, stopped reading at "Henderson is the future of England".
September 8, 2011 @ 03:51 AM
nogi-drew

so let me understand this your saying we replaced average with average. i beg to differ.

suarez, carroll > torres
Enrique > konchesky aurelio (6m is a steal for enrique with the form he has been in)
Adam > poulsen
Downing > maxi
Coates > Soto

not to mention bellamy who was great when he was playing for city. henderson is the future of england. coates is 20 and won best young player at the copa america ahead of neymar, ganso etc. i really dont see how you can say quality hasnt been brought in. i know your a united fan but at least show you know football and respect the fact the team is much improved compared to last years and the squad as a whole is deeper and talent laden. chopped 30mil off the wages. coates, adam and enrique all cost under 10m. we paid alot for the english lads but that isnt anything new. english talent is always overrated.

Arsenal failed to replace their world class players. benayoun isnt even fit to lace the boots of nasri let alone cesc. park chu young is an unknown quantity in england. mertesacker is good but he lacks pace. and santos is basically eboue at LB. i dont think theyve done enough. wilshere out til november, all the suspensions, it just doesnt look good for arsenal. same goes for spurs. parker is a good move as is Ade, but i dont think they have what it takes either.

United city Pool chelsea in no specific order

Henderson is the future of England? He will have to get ahead of a Mr. Cleverly and Wilshire which will be the future of the midfield of england.
September 8, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
boomboom

chealsea will win
torres will win golden boot
September 8, 2011 @ 11:14 PM
J THRILLLAH

The boys need to feed Torres those chances though. I'm pulling for him, since after all, he cost more than the planes Chelsea fly in.

September 10, 2011 @ 06:18 AM
DeWale2

Lmao so let me get this straight, Arsenal have done what has been asked of them for years and added experience. In multiple departments! Still ain't good enough apparently.

This whole replace Cesc and Nasri bullshit is ridiculous. With the pricetag the "marquee replacements" would inevitably come with surely the money would be better spent on reinforcing multiple areas of the squad with experienced and cheaper players? How on Earth would replacing two players have put us in a better position this season?
September 10, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
Marky Mark

City looking good, but they should've won all these matches. cant wait for the first match against Man U tho, that'll be something
September 10, 2011 @ 02:07 PM
Drebrooklyn

What Citeh can do we an do better. I don't think nobody can touch us right now
September 10, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
sjem

I don't think it can even be called a top 4 anymore, us and city are obviously so far ahead of the rest.
September 10, 2011 @ 02:30 PM
Drebrooklyn

I think I has to do with playing style. Chelsea have the talent but they just play so boring. Liverpool are inconsistent even with all their talent
September 10, 2011 @ 02:37 PM
DeWale2

I refuse to believe this is happening. I can't even hate, watching United and City play is actually awesome.
September 10, 2011 @ 05:09 PM
J THRILLLAH

Meireles and Mata did work today though. Next week...oh shit!

Meireles - 97 touches, 80 passes, 90% completion, 7 long balls, 2 through balls, 4 key passes, 4 interceptions, 1 assist.

September 10, 2011 @ 10:06 PM
dhkgfkdj

I only caught a few minutes of the first half, had work which made me miss the game. But I read that mata and meireles played real well. Sturridge looked good too, got a goal. I'm happy with the new signings I'm getting more confident in chelsea's chances now. We could really come together and challenge the manchester squads
September 11, 2011 @ 06:50 AM
sjem

We'll see how good Chelsea are next week I guess.
September 12, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
Drebrooklyn

yeah we will. hopefully they don't play us defensive like City does and play their normal game. If they do i smell goals
September 18, 2011 @ 11:04 AM
dhkgfkdj

Torres finalllly scores.

But still down by 2. Missed too many chances in the first half. Still have a chance though.
September 18, 2011 @ 11:57 AM
J THRILLLAH

Karma came quick, laughed at Rooney's missed penalty, then going apeshit over Torres' missed goal. So many misses in this game.

September 18, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
dhkgfkdj

I liked it better when torres was shitty all the time. I was thinking better of him after the goal, but then he goes and misses an open goal from point blank range. I just don't understand it.

We should sell him, except no one would want him.
September 18, 2011 @ 04:19 PM
sjem

Who said we couldn't replace him? coolcoolsmilesmile

September 20, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
Alan_Watts

Karma came quick, laughed at Rooney's missed penalty, then going apeshit over Torres' missed goal. So many misses in this game.

i was blazed as hell watching this game, first half pure exhilaration, second half pure comedy, god i love united>sad

"the second team" looked pretty good today against leeds
September 24, 2011 @ 10:34 AM
The Music Man

What are Man City's chances to actually win Premier League this year?
September 24, 2011 @ 11:25 AM
sjem

^38%
September 24, 2011 @ 10:58 PM
J THRILLLAH

Last week, Torres scored, then missed an open goal.
Today, Torres scored, then gets sent off.
Nice to see Drogba get in!

Crouch! cool

October 2, 2011 @ 12:13 PM
deadpooL

arsenal......smh. my boy walcott needs to dip out asap.
October 20, 2011 @ 10:56 PM
Alan_Watts

dearby weekend and nothing had been posted thus far?
October 21, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
illset

Unfortunately I've got to be out in London on Sunday so pissed I might miss United/ City. Thinking hitting a cafe with wifi and watching it on Sky Sports Player.

Wouldn't be surprised if Man City play very very safe. I hear Mancini said they're going to go for the win but I don't think attack is the best way to beat Man U at OT. Their MF gives the defense little cover and likes of Silva and Nasri can take advantage of that in between the lines, even with Man City being conservative in their approach.

Man U will score though, as they're ridiculously dangerous in attack this season, and Man C certainly have the ability to choke these kinda games.

I reckon Man U (Rooney, Nani) 2-1 Man C (Aguero)
October 21, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
Lemonz

^Actually, based on recent performances their best best would be to attack United. We (United) have been relatively static in recent weeks, and our defense hasn't been at it's best due to the fact that Rio and Vidic have been in and out of the team.

The balance of the game will depend heavily on whether Sir Alex sticks with his usual 4-4-2 formation, or he goes with a more defensive 4-5-1 formation. If he chooses the former then I could really see us losing or drawing that match, with Silva Nasri, and Toure really dominating the midfield. The last time we played City in the league (February, at OT) we beat them with a 4-5-1 formation, so I'm guessing that it will be the same.

Being completely unbiased I'd say City have the better set of midfield players individually, but our midfield works better as a unit, hence why they're more effective.

Can't wait for the match. I'm just hoping that it's a good game without any controversy, win loss or draw.
October 21, 2011 @ 08:32 PM
illset

I see what your saying. I just always feel you go toe to toe with United at Old Trafford and you're taking a risk.

Really feel Chelsea might sneak up to top of the league over the next few weeks.

Arsenal fan btw. I'm really scared if RVP gets injured we're f'd. He's really gonna carry us this season.
October 22, 2011 @ 06:14 AM
J THRILLLAH

Torres is back on point, love seeing Sturridge do work, even if he plays as a winger. Defending set pieces aren't as tight as it should be, would love to have Alex start more often.

Please login first to reply.