August 31, 2011 @ 10:46 AM
deadpooL

arsenal = garbage. young fucked up!
August 31, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Looking forward to having a career with Arsenal in Fifa 12 because they are now struggling!

Buffalo Bills till I die.

August 31, 2011 @ 12:31 PM
imtheman

Only a matter of time before Arsenal is back at it fighting for 1st.. Not this season, but they'll still be battling for Europe I'm sure.
Its like anything, every team has a period of success.. what goes up must come down.
Have those UEFA Fair Play rules come into affect yet.. with clubs being told to spend only what they make or whatever!??
August 31, 2011 @ 05:34 PM
DeWale2

Maaaaaan coolcoolcoolcoolcool

5 players in 2 days!! Mertesacker! ARTETA!!

I'm optimistic for the first time in ages, very good business from Mr. Wenger

Come on you fucking Arse!!
September 1, 2011 @ 05:59 AM
sjem

5 average players in 2 days!! Mertesacker! ARTETA!!

Fixed.
September 1, 2011 @ 02:17 PM
EMU OG

Meretesacker is a great signing, imo. Alot better Center back then the rest of Arsenals squad. The rest are just other arsneal squad players
September 1, 2011 @ 05:31 PM
Alan_Watts

you weren't optimistic when they were in the running for all 4 tropies last year?razz
September 3, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
go0seMUFC

Roman watched yesterday's match in a pub in Boston. Hope be bought everyone a round and paid for their college tuition.

How'd you find out about Roman? What do you think of Chelsea's acquisitions? Meireles, nice depth.

For us, Sneijder would have made us clear contenders for Champions League. With Clerveley, who knows. He's learn as he shows quick adaptability. Does this mean Gibbo is still fighting for first team? I like that guy simply because of his goals, in a 3 man midfield that is..
September 3, 2011 @ 03:52 PM
hasbeens

what...optimistic you'll finish in the top half? cus that might be a big ask for arsenal this season, thank god no arsenal players are in my fantasy.
September 3, 2011 @ 05:04 PM
nogi-drew

How'd you find out about Roman? What do you think of Chelsea's acquisitions? Meireles, nice depth.

For us, Sneijder would have made us clear contenders for Champions League. With Clerveley, who knows. He's learn as he shows quick adaptability. Does this mean Gibbo is still fighting for first team? I like that guy simply because of his goals, in a 3 man midfield that is..

Gibbo has had his chance and he is just not good enough for United.

Cleverly is showing promise, Pogba is still waiting in the wings and Fergie has come out stating his desire to let Morrison come up and get time in midfield.

Sneijder is top class and I would have loved to seen him at United but at his wages and age he would cripple United financially and stop the progress of Pogba and more importantly Morrision who are already on the books.

All in all I think it was a smart move not to get Sneijder and if he lowers his wage demands (which seems to be the obstacle in signing him) I do not see why United would not go after him in JAnuary if need be.
September 3, 2011 @ 06:00 PM
go0seMUFC

^I've read good things about Pogba. Non of the creative mold of Sneijder though. As for January, Fergie isn't a fan. Unless he's truly desperate.
September 3, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
sjem

Sneijder = a lesser Rooney, we didn't need him.
September 3, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
J THRILLAH

From Boston Blue's fcbk, www.facebook.com/BostonBluesCFC

Stoked on the new squad, Meireles and Mata could sharpen up the midfield. Lamps can't do it all! Hoping Sturridge could get in more this season.

Insta: @jthrillah

September 4, 2011 @ 12:00 PM
hasbeens

Chelsea are okay, but theyre past the times of really pushing for number 1, with Man city, and Tottenham around, and man u at full stregth.. i dont kno mann. Especially with Roman firing great managers over nothing...
September 4, 2011 @ 02:36 PM
sjem

^I don't see why you're talking about Tottenham, they'll be pushed to make top 6 this year imo.
September 4, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
go0seMUFC

^Agreed on Spurs. They look weak with Luka not playing his best football. Got rid of Crouch and Palacios. Van Der Vaart injury prone, not quite the deal you guys sought out. They lack in depth. Harry has a vision, his players don't.

After 3 games, it looks like United, citeh, and Chelski. Mata adds a bit of creativity and something new on the wings. Meireles adds depth. Don't forget Lukaku and Sturridge as well. I remember Ancelloti had a system where even the bench was able to play the same role as the player subbed out. I don't know if Villas-Boas can replicate that system, I feel he's going for something different. He always mentions players being able to express themselves and such.
September 4, 2011 @ 10:17 PM
dhkgfkdj

Yea tottenham will barely get 5th/6th they're on the decline.

Chelsea will probably be a solid 3 this year sad and man u/city will fight for the top spot. They're just deeper, more complete teams right now.
September 4, 2011 @ 10:41 PM
J THRILLAH

Gotta have faith in your club, mate! Citeh will choke, it'll come down to the reds and blues. I miss Ancelotti, AVB's got a lot on his hands, still trying to see how his system works out. We're complete, the chemistry just needs to click now.

Insta: @jthrillah

September 5, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
V.Lopez

dont forget liverpool boys and girls. looking real good after only 3 matches and with so many new additions to the squad.
September 5, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
sjem

^I think, like with DeWale, you're mistaking you're signings for good players that aren't mid-table to 5th place quality. Liverpool won't be in the top 4 this year.
September 5, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
Max S v2

lol at liverpool not being in top 4
September 5, 2011 @ 07:05 PM
sjem

Replacing average players with average players = not top 4 material
September 6, 2011 @ 03:00 PM
EMU OG

With suarez and bellamy, they should be good for forwards. But liverpool is only good with Gerrard on fire, he's the driving force behind them. He's getting too old now though
September 7, 2011 @ 06:06 AM
DeWale2

Buying marquee signings would've been a pointless waste of money. We've replenished our squad with 5 players in key positions where we were lacking. Admittedly there was no WOW factor with any of the signings - but we were lacking in depth.

We've added players to better balance our youth with experience, all for the price of one Andy Carroll.
September 7, 2011 @ 10:18 AM
deadpooL

they are def top 4 material. sjem gtfo ♥♥♥♥♥.
September 7, 2011 @ 10:22 AM
deadpooL

united, city, chelsea, liverpool
September 7, 2011 @ 06:04 PM
V.Lopez

^I think, like with DeWale, you're mistaking you're signings for good players that aren't mid-table to 5th place quality. Liverpool won't be in the top 4 this year.

lolololol liverpool will without a doubt be in the top 4 this year buddy. all the signings are above mid table quality you fool. all of them are proven internationals who play consistently for their national teams. I love the Man utd fans opinions. are spurs better? arsenal? nope they definitely arent better. and to be honest liverpool is looking better than chelsea atm. im confident we will be right up there
September 7, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
V.Lopez

Buying marquee signings would've been a pointless waste of money. We've replenished our squad with 5 players in key positions where we were lacking. Admittedly there was no WOW factor with any of the signings - but we were lacking in depth.

We've added players to better balance our youth with experience, all for the price of one Andy Carroll.

he is a united fan fuck him he is always gonna bash for no reason. sjem, 18+5>19+4
September 7, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
V.Lopez

so let me understand this your saying we replaced average with average. i beg to differ.

suarez, carroll > torres
Enrique > konchesky aurelio (6m is a steal for enrique with the form he has been in)
Adam > poulsen
Downing > maxi
Coates > Soto

not to mention bellamy who was great when he was playing for city. henderson is the future of england. coates is 20 and won best young player at the copa america ahead of neymar, ganso etc. i really dont see how you can say quality hasnt been brought in. i know your a united fan but at least show you know football and respect the fact the team is much improved compared to last years and the squad as a whole is deeper and talent laden. chopped 30mil off the wages. coates, adam and enrique all cost under 10m. we paid alot for the english lads but that isnt anything new. english talent is always overrated.

Arsenal failed to replace their world class players. benayoun isnt even fit to lace the boots of nasri let alone cesc. park chu young is an unknown quantity in england. mertesacker is good but he lacks pace. and santos is basically eboue at LB. i dont think theyve done enough. wilshere out til november, all the suspensions, it just doesnt look good for arsenal. same goes for spurs. parker is a good move as is Ade, but i dont think they have what it takes either.

United city Pool chelsea in no specific order
September 8, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
Alex AKA Fresh

lots of L'pool fans in here it appears. Either that or a shit load of people over confident in Liverpools abilities. I'm an Arsenal fan and while I don't believe we will finish top 4 I don't think Liverpool will either. I see it this way: United, Chelsea, City, Tottenham and then a toss up between L'pool and Arsenal for 5th sadly. Though both teams made marquee signings both also lost a great hub to their team and I don't see either in the Champions League next year. However, I'm hoping one of the teams proves me wrong and knocks one of the new big three out of their throwns. It's a sad day in football when I can say that we're rooting for the underdogs when referring to two of arguably the best football clubs of all time. Football has become a play toy for all these children of oil...makes me sad sad here's to you Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan >sad>sad>sad>sad

Please login first to reply.