FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
May 25, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
Shaun

How comes you think Villa gonna finish 10th?
May 25, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
sjem

And that theres 2 6ths and no 12th
May 25, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
mr.orange

next term EPL finish:
1) Manchester United
2) Chelsea
3) Liverpool(Scouse)
4) Everton
5) Arsenal
6) Man City
7) Tottenham
6) Fulham
cool West Ham
9) Stoke City
10) Aston Villa
11) Wigan
13) Bolton
14) Wolves
15) Birmingham
16) blackburn
17)Portsmouth
1coolHull
19)Sunderland
20)Sheffield

no

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Aston Villa
6. Everton
7. Manchester City
8. Tottenham
9. West Ham
10. Fulham
11. Wigan
12. Bolton
13. Stoke
14. Sunderland
15. Blackburn
16. Portsmouth
17. Wolves (skin of their teeth)
18. Birmingham
19. Hull
20. Burnley
May 26, 2009 @ 02:54 AM
nogi-drew

How comes you think Villa gonna finish 10th?

theyll sell barry and i think chelsea has a good chance at young over summer. europa will get to them as they have a thin squad which showed as they fell off the face of the earth for while this term. i see this not happening:

1. Manchester United- no buys & the squad develops and alot of player step up i see giggsy and ginger playing alot less next term poss just cup or CL games
2. Liverpool- scouse filth rely too much on tranny torres and i want a transfer but i love livepoool gerrard
3. Chelsea- good squad and theyll buy over the summer with a good coach esp carlo theyll push united more so next term and finish 2nd!
4. Arsenal- theyll lose adabayor and/or van persie and w/o a helper in midfield fabregas cannot take this team to the heights they can be.
5. Aston Villa- read above
6. Everton- great squad class manager, lost all strikers and still made europa they showed they have depth this season and if they can get Jo theyll crack top 4.
7. Manchester City- theyll buy and improve.
8. Tottenham- will challenge for europa they need to sort out their striker mess.
9. West Ham- zola will have them challenging but they just lack a spark in midfield and a creative striker.
10. Fulham- hodgson is class their squad mesh well but i think zamora will come up short and AJ cannot do it by himself.
11. Wigan- theyll lose valencia but theyll be fine bruce is class.
12. Bolton- lack of depth will hurt them again. they have good players just not enough of them.
13. Stoke- solid team than wins at home i dont see much changing.
14. Sunderland-going down. keano held the team together they were lost w.o him.
15. Blackburn- lost santa cruz over summer most likely minus warnock and samba that defense will gift goals.
16. Portsmouth- james =old, niko kranjicar gone, and defense is shite theyll go down.
17. Wolves (skin of their teeth)- theyll be fine banks is a goal scorer, and hennessey is EPL quality. if they go down hennessey will get snapped up by someone in the EPL.
18. Birmingham- i didnt think they were that bad last time up lack of promotion funds might hurt them.
19. Hull- theyll show true colors next term aka they suck.
20. Burnley - great story but too small squad and not enough pace.
May 26, 2009 @ 03:15 AM
sjem

no

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Aston Villa
6. Everton
7. Manchester City
8. Tottenham
9. West Ham
10. Fulham
11. Wigan
12. Bolton
13. Stoke
14. Sunderland
15. Blackburn
16. Portsmouth
18. Birmingham
19. Hull
20. Burnley

Now that's more realistic, except i think that Everton will finish above Villa, and Blackburn a bit higher up the table.
May 26, 2009 @ 02:09 PM
Shaun

no

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Aston Villa
6. Everton
7. Manchester City
8. Tottenham
9. West Ham
10. Fulham
11. Wigan
12. Bolton
13. Stoke
14. Sunderland
15. Blackburn
16. Portsmouth
18. Birmingham
19. Hull
20. Burnley

This table is how it SHOULD finish, doesn't have the surprise every EPL season has.
May 26, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
mr.orange

Now that's more realistic, except i think that Everton will finish above Villa, and Blackburn a bit higher up the table.

I think Villa will sell Barry and build, buy 2 or 3 really good players, build their squad a little bit and push on, they play some great stuff and just need some legs in the squad for the final third of the season. Blackburn will sell Roque and I doubt they have the pulling power for a real goalscorer unless they pluck a gem from the lower leagues.

If there's any suprises, i'd put money on Sunderland being a suprise package. Clubs like Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Portsmouth, get sniped for their good players from the top 7. Even West Ham can finish higher up if we get a good striker in and an attacking midfielder (Tuncay please, perfect fit for our side). It'll be an interesting season.

End of next season (way off but hey), Sir Alex will retire, Moyes (yes, Moyes), Mourinho or Capello come in. Ideal situation; England win the World Cup in South Africa, Capello resigns and goes to Manchester United. He or Mourinho would be perfect for Manchester United. Regardless, I think Moyes will leave Everton for a bigger club (Arsenal or Chelsea) and Owen Coyle will go to Everton.
May 26, 2009 @ 07:12 PM
sjem

Firstly Sir Alex won't retire at the end of next season unless he has some sort of health scare, but when he does i think it will be Moyes/O'Neill to replace him with Solskjaer as his assistant.

I think that Sam Allardyce will do more for Blackburn than Santa Cruz next year and if they do sell him i'm sure with the
May 26, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
mr.orange

Sunderland are gonna have loads of money flowing through it soon with this Ellis Short fella, they'll be getting a big-name manager in the summer who will attract some players (i'm hearing Strachanconfused.

Anyway, anyone got any transfer news?
May 27, 2009 @ 03:57 AM
sjem

Yeah i'm thinking it'll be between Strachan, Bruce and possibly Martin Jol.

As for transfer news... Rafa Benitez wants to bring in David Wheater, West Ham are trying to get Luis Jimenez on a season long loan, Kris Boyd to Birmingham for 6.5 mil and Distin to Bolton for 3 mil. Probably all a load of tabloid bs anyway but we'll see.
June 1, 2009 @ 11:19 AM
J THRILLLAH

Carlo Ancelotti is the new Chelsea coach.

June 1, 2009 @ 11:59 AM
imtheman

Anyway, anyone got any transfer news?

Chelsea & Man City with every top player in Europe as always...

I hope Wenger sticks to what he said bout bringing in players and picks up some actual established talent?!! I would like to see Xabi Alonso pulled away from Liverpool... unlikely, but I think he's the type of holding midfielder Arsenal need so that Fabregas can be that player like Iniesta is for Barca. Perhaps a move for Villa's Barry is some real talk?!
June 1, 2009 @ 12:58 PM
sjem

Yeah barry would do well at Arsenal but i think they need to get some more experience defensive wise before moving on to improving their midfield.
June 1, 2009 @ 01:23 PM
J THRILLLAH

Props to United for taking the league title again this year. I was surprised with their loss to Barca. I read/heard about Ronaldo and Tevez complaining about Sir Alex's tactics. I guess that's the downside to having so many good players on a team, you can't use them all at the same time, some players are on a slump and get playing time, while others are on a hot streak and get benched.

Stoked for the next season! Til then, I'm curious with all these transfers and possibly, try to get into MLS.

June 1, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
nogi-drew

Firstly Sir Alex won't retire at the end of next season unless he has some sort of health scare, but when he does i think it will be Moyes/O'Neill to replace him with Solskjaer as his assistant.

I think that Sam Allardyce will do more for Blackburn than Santa Cruz next year and if they do sell him i'm sure with the
June 1, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
sjem

Yeah Eric Cantona seems to have it set in his mind that he will become United manager one day, and he has the ego to compete with the likes of Ronaldo. Also i think Keane might do a good job once he gets a bit more experience. Cantona needs more experience too, all the experience he has had so far is managing the French beach soccer team which doesn't compare to managing United.

Edit: O'Neill does have some CL experience with Celtic don't he?
June 1, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
mr.orange

^ (to nogi) quieroz is doing a PATHETIC job with portugal, he doesn't have a chance. mourinho if not capello imo. both suit the job because of their iron fist, they like to control everything like capello has done with england and mourinho with porto/chelsea.

West Ham are trying to get Luis Jimenez on a season long loan

yes please. he'd be a handy little signing.

ancelotti is meh to be honest, hopefully he brings kaka to the premier league cool not cause i like chelsea (i hate them infact) but just so i can see him on match of the day every weekend. bruce to sunderland is a decent move for him, he's moving up the ladder. i can see him being manchester united manager eventually you know, if he does well at sunderland.
June 1, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
go0seMUFC

^ (to nogi) quieroz is doing a PATHETIC job with portugal, he doesn't have a chance. mourinho if not capello imo. both suit the job because of their iron fist, they like to control everything like capello has done with england and mourinho with porto/chelsea

I was really saddened when Carlos Quieroz left United as he was essential in the team tactics from what I've heavily read and heard. Of course, he has to improve on his personal career before he gets to club stature. Unfortunate on his success, or lack of in the Portugal job. I'm sure he'll figure out his tactics eventually.
June 2, 2009 @ 11:34 AM
nogi-drew

Yeah Eric Cantona seems to have it set in his mind that he will become United manager one day, and he has the ego to compete with the likes of Ronaldo. Also i think Keane might do a good job once he gets a bit more experience. Cantona needs more experience too, all the experience he has had so far is managing the French beach soccer team which doesn't compare to managing United.

Edit: O'Neill does have some CL experience with Celtic don't he?

keano has zero ties with united as of now and i dont see him ever being the number one.

cantona would command respect immediately and knows the club inside and out. he also has maintained good relations with the club.

sparky i dont think can handle a big club.

bruce has done a great job with wigan but i doubt his personality and fire to be at a club like united.

quiroz knows the ins n outs of united and his portugal tenure was a mistake but i think SAF sent him out to get more #1 experience.
June 2, 2009 @ 04:47 PM
Shaun

Quieroz also fucked up at a big club already...Real Madrid, who have almost signed Kaka.
June 2, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
sjem

Just incase you hadn't already heard. City have signed Barry for
June 2, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
go0seMUFC

Fuck that. Everton should go for Jo instead as he seemned pretty vital towards the end of the season. Also, it would add depth to a squad that so desperately needs it. Although Owen would come cheeper through a free transfer.
June 2, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
nogi-drew

- quiroz fucked up at real madrid hell most managers would given that situation and mess that is Real Madrid CF. at united hell know most of the players and how the club works and have the backing of the board and Gill.

-barry is an idiot plain and simple. hes greedy plain and simple.

-i would sign Owen on a 50,000 a week. hes still got alot left in the tank despite the injuries. newcastle was a mess and for everton they will be in europa next term and if this season proved anything its they need striker depth.

-kaka for madrid lol at madrid they have more center of the park players than any team needs. personally i dont know why united who lack depth and goals dont swoop for snejider or Van der vaart because if Kaka arrives someones gotta go.
June 4, 2009 @ 03:31 PM
sjem

Just some more transfer news/rumours for you, West Ham are targeting Rennes defender Rod Fanni to replace Lucas Neill, Chelsea want Alexandre Pato and it's between City and United for Tevez as United have apparently offered
June 6, 2009 @ 03:36 PM
huesaturated

word
June 6, 2009 @ 05:34 PM
mr.orange

West Ham are targeting Rennes defender Rod Fanni.

Imagine the songs...
June 6, 2009 @ 07:50 PM
Shaun

''There's only ooooooone rodi fanni, there's only ooooooone rodi fanni, walkin' along, singin' a song, walkin' in a fanni wonderland.''
June 6, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
mr.orange

The newspapers would have a field day.

'West Ham competing with Everton for Fanni'
'Zola Excited By Fanni'
'Zola demands Fanni action'
'Big tackle causes Fanni to miss period'

And commentators.

'... and Ronaldo comes inside Fanni'
'That Fanni is a slippery customer, I can tell you'
'Fanni can be temperamental... you shouldn't rub Fanni up the wrong way'
'Fanni has been taken hard from behind'
June 7, 2009 @ 10:13 AM
sjem

^Lol, and that's why everyone should want him to come to England.
June 7, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
mr.orange

And he seems like a good attacking right back, what we need now Lucas Neill has fucked off.

Win win situation!

Please login first to reply.