FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 29, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
Nailuj

July 29, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
CuttyBuddy

Hmmm, still can't say whether this was a good trade or not. If it comes to who Houston traded for Artest, then it was a fucking steal, unless H's 2009 first-round pick turns out ridiculously amazing. T-Mac, Ming, & Artest.... I can't see that meshing... really. Yao's probably going to get his either way, so that leaves Mac and Artest. Artest didn't come to Houston JUST to defend in my opinion, and will probably want to score. Maybe T-Mac will slightly move out of the way if he believes that this season's Rockets can make a dent in the playoffs (still highly doubt it)?
July 29, 2008 @ 10:17 PM
dtrader

I don't see why the rockets won't make noise in the playoffs now. Alot of the trouble they had last yr (and before), was t-macs injury prone nature. They ended up playing over half the yr. with only 1 of their stars, and struggled to score when the other was out. Artest is a legit 3rd (or 2nd) scoring option, and having him and battier gives them one of the stronger defensive units on the wings. Giving up bobby jackson means very little, greene wasn't established yet, and the draft pick most likely won't be that great given the success expected of this team.

Artest didn't come to houston just to defend, but he didn't go to sacramento just to defend either. He had one of his best seasons ever last yr. playing second option to kevin martin. He was also successful when both b. miller and martin were playing.
July 29, 2008 @ 10:25 PM
brokehyphy

This guy is a beast. I'm kind of anxious to see how this will affect the team
July 30, 2008 @ 01:29 AM

Inactive

What's with every team trying to have three superstars now?
July 30, 2008 @ 01:10 PM
eric@twelvebar

battier and artest on the wings are gonna be absolute nightmares on the defensive end...

i am skeptical has to how artest fits in on offense, as hes kind of a black hole when he gets the ball, at least this season he was. with yao in the paint hes gonna be shooting more jumpers, not exactly his forte. but with yao and tmac commanding doubles...i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
July 30, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
Aceiz2fresh

maybe no more
July 30, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
kverg818

^ lol theyre definitely gonna past the second round now... just wished he wouldve gone to the lakers oh well sad
July 31, 2008 @ 03:42 AM
zeezyo

its still a possibility that tmac wont make it past the first round. west is too strong man. i dont see the rockets getting first in their division, they lack durability...yao and tmac are injury prone...id still say hornets best in the west next year. but the rockets can easily end up playing the spurs, mavs, lakers, jazz and the suns in the first round. but they still have a good roster, if they dont get injured they will be hard to beat.

and on offense, i really see most of the offense flowing through yao just because almost no team has enough height to match him. tmac and artest will get plays run for them when yao goes to the bench. post artest and run picks for tmac and it should be simple. and alston knows how to get it done too.

X

July 31, 2008 @ 01:16 PM
wikedwun

man Houston fucking came up & they gave up like nothing for him, but too bad he didn't go to the Lakers. O well!
August 5, 2008 @ 10:50 PM
fired_my_boss

Good for Artest to get out of SacTown!

I'm not a big Houston fan but you have to respect Artest! He's one of the league's top defenders and he's an offensive threat also. I think this might be a good fit for Houston actually.
August 7, 2008 @ 12:41 AM
kbRaider

haha nice job on that tmac pic.
August 8, 2008 @ 11:31 AM
zangetsu13

cant wait till the season starts its a wrap...artest is actually coming to my hood to train and play in a tourney....
January 9, 2010 @ 02:00 PM
clutchcity88

looks good LA now.
January 17, 2010 @ 12:19 PM
eddie.

You're a fag ^

Please login first to reply.