May 28, 2008 @ 06:20 AM
teov

opinions ?

Italy , Spain and France are the only favourites IMO

Sweden , Romania and Russia can be the outsiders ....

what do you think ?

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

May 28, 2008 @ 08:51 AM
tomoffin

^My money's on Germany. They are always strong and also from what I've read, they are the bookies favourites as well..

Spain will fail once again. Italy might be strong.. Somehow can't see France succeeding this year, but I thought the same before the last World cup and they were still in the finals..

Outside of these four, I can see Portugal succeeding. They have one the best squads in the tournament and usually do well.. The same goes with Holland.

Also, as a Finn, I have to say that Swedes will suck.

My wild card is Croatia, they were really strong in the qualifiers and have a good squad. Still, like said, Germany is my favourite to win.
May 28, 2008 @ 06:29 PM
james19

opinions ?

what do you think ?

uh sweden? romania? russia? no chance of winning imo,
more like holland, germany, portugal
plus obv spain france italy
May 28, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
geturshineon

spain. they seem to be very solid at every position, i think this is their year.
May 28, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
teov

uh sweden? romania? russia? no chance of winning imo,
more like holland, germany, portugal
plus obv spain france italy

think about the last european cup in 2004 ... Greece was the winning team ... plus , Sweden pushed out italy of the competition with an amazing goal of Zlatan Ibrahimovic ... and Romania is a solid team with players like Chivu or Adrian Mutu. Russia got a lot of young players from Zenit , the team who won the uefa cup this year , I don't think they will win the cup , but these teams are tough competitors

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

May 28, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
Drebrooklyn

Germany is the fav. i think. the Netherlands are the next. it's a shame that Portugal have so many players and do nothing
May 28, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
teov

yeah germany is a good team ... but I will go for italy (obvious) !! plus , we ripped em in two parts in the last world cup semi-final smile

May 28, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
FlashinLeather

GERMANY...ripped them into two parts????!!!suprised You scored in the second half of extra time.
May 28, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
CallumP

Yeah... COME ON ENGLAND!

oh wait. fuck.

But in all seriousness I just want to see a lot of positive attacking football.
May 29, 2008 @ 03:56 AM
DER_OG

Absolute travesty England didn't qualify, but thats debate been milked to death!!!

So as my home nation is not the running, i've chosen to support ITALY as my surrogate team. I just love Italy defensive backline , nesta canavarro, zambrotta
absolute brilliant players. The style of football may not be to the liking of everybody but being the right pessimist sad( it comes with being a centerback) i thinks its perfect the group of player they have.

Anywho, my frontrunners for the Euros are obviously ITALY, PORTUGAL, FRANCE AND SPAIN.

Shit forgot Netherland!!!
May 29, 2008 @ 06:18 AM
teov

GERMANY...ripped them into two parts????!!!suprised You scored in the second half of extra time.

yes , but the match was straight dominated by italy .... we had more chances to score in the whole match !

May 29, 2008 @ 06:44 AM
Drebrooklyn

that was last world cup. Italy isn't as good anymore and your guys are kinda old now. nobody expects you to do that great in this tournament but like the last world cup, you can surprise us.
May 29, 2008 @ 07:28 AM
teov

I hope so smile

May 29, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
magneticman

since england once again failed, im once again going for spain, who will once again disappoint

Spain are England MKII but better...
May 29, 2008 @ 05:00 PM
go0seMUFC

Have any of you guys actually seen Portugal play recently. The players they have are amazing, but they struggled in their group stage against weaker teams. They didn't dominate how they were expected.
May 29, 2008 @ 05:04 PM
ZeitGeist

opinions ?

what do you think ?

I've got Portugal, Spain, France and Russia as the Cinderella for the top four teams. I've been wrong before though.
May 29, 2008 @ 05:31 PM
hash

Gonna be cheering on Poland. If they get knocked out, then my second choices are Holland or the Czech Republic.
May 29, 2008 @ 06:37 PM
Drebrooklyn

Have any of you guys actually seen Portugal play recently. The players they have are amazing, but they struggled in their group stage against weaker teams. They didn't dominate how they were expected.

they never do. they have great individuals who can't gel and play together
May 30, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
AF1

Portugal, Italy & Spain.

Can't decide yet!
May 31, 2008 @ 08:51 AM
OJG9

It will be Spains year.

Torres will step it up, their midfield is well built and they have a solid defence.

I want Russia or Holland to win it however.
May 31, 2008 @ 12:49 PM
Drebrooklyn

Russia? please
May 31, 2008 @ 04:34 PM
OJG9

Russia? please

How many times have you watched Russia play? No more than what, 3 times tops.

Guus Hiddink is a world class coach, they are the most organised side and have a fair amount of good players, namely Ignashevich, Arshavin, Sychev and Kerzahkov.

Who won it four years ago? Greece ffs, and they deserved it. NOONE gave them a chance.
June 1, 2008 @ 01:30 PM
Drebrooklyn

who cares how many times i've seen them play? i know for a fact they won't win and you'll see that for yourself when the tournament starts in 5 day
June 1, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
nogi-drew

spain has alot of wins confidence & the best keeper in the world, torres is a beast but i still like david villa better. but i think coaching and tactics will play a part. thats why i think germany will win joachim low is a genius and i think if it comes to a spain v germany final low will outcoach aragones. which sucks since m spanish -basque but germany is strong!

as for the other teams i like russia and especially croatia. france and italy i think will have bad tournaments and finally come to grips with their team being too old. they have the young talent to replace their teams so its no biggie.

portugal will fizzle out i think in the quarterfinals just because they have no real strikers at all. scolari better play ronaldo behind the striker and not a wing if he wants to survive. id play nani and quaresma on the wings. netherlands defense will be their undoing they wont be able to help vandersar at all at the back.
June 1, 2008 @ 02:53 PM
El-SD

My tradition in sports is to always root for whoever, not anyone though... The best country I believe is Spain, but my Cinderella teams are Turkey, Switzerland, and the netherlands. I think these teams can go past the 1st round and they can make some big upsets.
June 1, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
james19

think about the last european cup in 2004 ... Greece was the winning team ... plus , Sweden pushed out italy of the competition with an amazing goal of Zlatan Ibrahimovic ... and Romania is a solid team with players like Chivu or Adrian Mutu. Russia got a lot of young players from Zenit , the team who won the uefa cup this year , I don't think they will win the cup , but these teams are tough competitors

it really doesnt make a difference that Romania have a solid team...
obv u havent seen their group, they have France Italy and Netherlands
they're never gonna get out of the group stage
June 1, 2008 @ 03:16 PM
Drebrooklyn

look at it this year where Sweden isn't even half the teams they were the last go around. Spain might just be the strongest but Germany has the more experienced players and keepers. i feel it's between Spain and Germany
June 1, 2008 @ 07:14 PM
go0seMUFC

whose playing euro 08 on espn?
June 1, 2008 @ 07:25 PM
teov

it really doesnt make a difference that Romania have a solid team...
obv u havent seen their group, they have France Italy and Netherlands
they're never gonna get out of the group stage

I think they have a chance to take a 2nd place in the group same as netherlands ...the firdt place it's an italy - france thing ! btw that's the hardest group of the whole tournament

June 1, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
go0seMUFC

el de la muerte

Please login first to reply.