June 9, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
GOLDENi

Yes you are right, sorry for the out of the blue comment I made about Nadal.. I honestly haven't been much of a fan of Nadal. But back to the point, yes his knee is getting worse, I remember them talking about it last year & how his manager was going to lower his hardcourt play, which they should have done. Nadal is a pure clay player honestly & I do not think he will win a hardcourt grand slam with players in the tour like Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, & Federer who have shown that they can dominate in the hardcourts. Nadal honestly has not shown much in the hardcourts & do not think he will in the future.

But Nadal should take a lot of rest if he wants to keep playing in the future. Even though I do not like Nadal, he is a smart man & knows what is good for him, hopefully he takes off some time this year, even if it means to take off from some big tournaments.
June 9, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
AbDizzy

I also don't think Nadal will skip the Wimbledon, most of this talk about his knee I believe is just a way to distract the attention from him losing to Soderling. No doubt that Nadal is in bad shape after the loss, he did not look too good & he was definitely dwelling on it.

But honestly after the loss at Roland Garros I do not see Nadal winning anymore Grand Slams this year.
I think Federer will win at Wimbledon & Federer at Us Open for 6 in a row.
If not Federer at Wimbledon, Andy Murray.

LOL at Murray winning a slam, it's not happening. I think it's too early to count Nadal out but it is a fact that his career will never have the longevity that Federer demonstrated.
June 9, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
pnsho

Yes you are right, sorry for the out of the blue comment I made about Nadal.. I honestly haven't been much of a fan of Nadal. But back to the point, yes his knee is getting worse, I remember them talking about it last year & how his manager was going to lower his hardcourt play, which they should have done. Nadal is a pure clay player honestly & I do not think he will win a hardcourt grand slam with players in the tour like Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, & Federer who have shown that they can dominate in the hardcourts. Nadal honestly has not shown much in the hardcourts & do not think he will in the future.

He won the Australian Open this year.

And I don't like him as much as I like Federer, but I give kudos where kudos is due. It's just his play is detrimental to his health. He needs to adapt.
June 9, 2009 @ 09:16 PM
GOLDENi

You don't think Murray will win a slam?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did but I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't but he has a lot of time & I still think he will at least win one slam.

But damn, I totally forgot Nadal won the Aussie Open! The Aussie Open has honestly slipped my mind. Good lookin' out OhSnap, but Nadal has honestly transformed his game to adapt to the hardcourts but I do not think he will/can consistently win them, like Federer has done.

I also do not like him as much as Federer & I always root for Federer when him and Nadal are at a Finals. But Nadal is still growing & if he does not take care of that knee I do not think he will go as far as Federer has.
June 9, 2009 @ 09:24 PM
pnsho

I think it's hard to top Federer's career. A lot are saying he is the GOAT, and I would be stupid not to agree.

But you can honestly notice that a large load is lifted off of his shoulders. He has nothing to worry about now. He can lose, and it still wouldn't matter. If Nadal exits soon, Federer can get even more Slams (I say max is 3-4).
June 9, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
GOLDENi

Yeah, you are right. I myself think Federer is the GOAT, as I clearly stated a few posts above.

Yes, you bring up a great point about the load getting lifted off his shoulders. I honestly didn't think tying Pete Sampras' record was his goal, he just wanted to win the French & get all the Grand Slam trophies. You saw it in his eyes when he won the French & when he held that trophy. No one can really ask for a better career then Federer has had, just amazing.

I think Federer will win 4 more slams & reach 18 career Grand Slam Titles. Hopefully it will happen next year when he sweeps the slams & gets all 4 in one calendar year.

But I still think he will win Wimbledon this year and win the US Open for his sixth straight US Open title.
June 10, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
s1llyph1lly

go federer
June 10, 2009 @ 08:44 PM
godspeed

Fed will win Wimbledon this year, surpassing Sampras. No doubt in my mind he is the greatest player of all time
June 10, 2009 @ 09:55 PM
cbk

But Nadal should take a lot of rest if he wants to keep playing in the future. Even though I do not like Nadal, he is a smart man & knows what is good for him, hopefully he takes off some time this year, even if it means to take off from some big tournaments.

First off i think you alrdy forgot Nadal's alrdy won this year in the Aussie Open, so hes already won on hardcourt. Hes beaten Federer, arguably the best grass court player, at Wimbledon. Nadal's knee definitely is slowing him down, but i think he'll sit out everything in between French and Wimbledon. Once hes back in form hes bound to meet Federer in the finals, and in tht situation I'd take Nadal since he is the defending champ and Federer has since become less and less competitive against Nadal.
June 10, 2009 @ 11:55 PM
Havie_AWOL

i love nadal even if he lost on his favorite court!
June 11, 2009 @ 10:17 AM
sjem

Fed will win Wimbledon this year, surpassing Sampras. No doubt in my mind he is the greatest player of all time

I'm not so sure, he is easily the greatest of this generation but before Nadal who was he truly challenged by consistently?
June 20, 2009 @ 10:16 AM
sjem

So Nadal's dropped out of Wimbledon leaving Federer favuorite. Would like to see Murray win but can only see him getting to the semi's.

What're everyones predictions?
June 20, 2009 @ 12:25 PM
GOLDENi

Rafa out of Wimbledon?! OH MAN, Federer is definitely taking it.
June 21, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
pnsho

In his mind, Federer's thinking 'that buttpicker's out = me having to kill nigs 3 sets.'
June 21, 2009 @ 11:57 PM
GOLDENi

HAHA! Good one OhSnap
But I would not be surprised if Federer easily takes the Wimbledon title.
I bet Federer loves the feeling of being the top seed at a Grand Slam again! Is this a sign?!
June 22, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
pnsho

He's not the top seed. Still #2 seed.

I thought it was a rather slicky move by Nadal (read: Uncle Toni) to pull out right after the seedings were announced.

Still being seeded #1 surely gave him a confidence boost.

I believe whoever is taking Nadal's spot is seeded #1 ==> Del Potro.

And to answer your question, if Federer makes it to the semi's, he reclaims the #1 status, except there's no more pressure.
June 22, 2009 @ 12:32 AM
pnsho

I thought it was a rather slicky move by Nadal (read: Uncle Toni) to pull out right after the seedings were announced, and not before, thus giving Federer the #1 seed.

Now Nadal's quarter is renamed to Del Potro's quarter, and a couple of people's seeds move up.

I believe whoever is taking Nadal's spot is seeded #1 ==> Del Potro.

And to answer your question, if Federer makes it to the semi's, he reclaims the #1 status, except there's no more pressure.
June 22, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
pnsho

I thought it was a rather slicky move by Nadal (read: Uncle Toni) to pull out right after the seedings were announced, and not before, thus giving Federer the #1 seed.

Now Nadal's quarter is renamed to Del Potro's quarter, and a couple of people's seeds move up.

June 22, 2009 @ 12:44 AM
GOLDENi

Well he is the Top Seed in Wimbledon, I know he still isn't #1 seed but he is the highest ranked at the Grand Slam.
But I did not know that if Federer made it to the Semi's he will be #1 again! GREAT NEWS!
June 22, 2009 @ 11:14 AM
alex.

im mad at federer cuz he will win more grandslams than sampras..and sampras was my idol when i was young confused
June 30, 2009 @ 07:16 PM
BH88

anyone watching the wimbeldon ?
July 1, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
sjem

Anyone else see the Murray Wawrinka match the other day. Best game this championship IMO.
July 1, 2009 @ 08:48 AM
cbk

this wimbledon is not exciting w/o nadal, not many upsets goin on, but the top seeds r just cruising. I guess tht means they got the seeding right, but wouldve rather had a nadal/federer final again
July 1, 2009 @ 02:58 PM
sjem

Haas in the semi's was quite a surprise don't you think? Hope he can pull something off against Federer on Friday.

Edit: And Hewitt only just missed out.
July 1, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
GOLDENi

Yep, Haas definitely surprised me but I do not think he has a chance against Federer.

But yes, the Hewitt & Roddick match was pretty damn good.. I was really pulling for Hewitt but a Roddick & Murray match is going to be good..

Definitely think it will be a Federer & Murray match.
July 1, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
youalreadyknow

I think without a doubt Fed will be in the final. Haas has been impressive, but its still Federer.

As for Murray v Roddick I really don't know who's gonna win, and I like em both. Funny that its American v British a day before Independence Day. Gonna be a good match though
July 3, 2009 @ 06:56 PM
pnsho

Wow, Roddick was playing his absolute best tennis today.

Serve was on point. Forehand/rallies were solid. Different tactics he used to win against Murray, England's new hope.

Federer vs Roddick

Should be good.
July 3, 2009 @ 07:08 PM
sjem

I think Roddick is worth much more than his #6 world ranking. Should be 2 good finals but i think it'll be Venus again tomorrow and Federer on sunday.
July 4, 2009 @ 12:42 AM
Technique

Federer in the 4th. 1 tiebreak..

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

July 5, 2009 @ 11:58 PM
SHOGUNATE

there's always this little tennis tournament during the end of the july at UCLA anyone going?

Please login first to reply.