Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 16, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
datxiecray

hey guys..i want to get to know more about fixed gears...i live in vanouver..where can i go and check them out?
June 16, 2009 @ 11:57 PM
CityConnection

Im just about to pull the trigger on a Fuji Track that I can cop for $450 CDN. I am considering a SE Draft Lite, but seems like its a consensus that it has bad components. Does anyone hate their Fuji Track?
June 17, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
doug.

i like fixies, but all these dudes doing bunny hops and grinds and shit on a track bike are wack as fuck.

buy a bmx
June 17, 2009 @ 04:17 PM
sgt H

what are your guys' thoughts on a bianchi pista for a first fixie?

i did it, shits good
June 17, 2009 @ 06:16 PM
adrian

hey guys..i want to get to know more about fixed gears...i live in vanouver..where can i go and check them out?

Super Champion is a fixed specific bike shop in Vancouver.

www.superchampionshop.com/

You'll probably want to check this site out too: fixedvancouver.com/Forums/index.php

There's a thread in there with a list of bike shops in Vancouver. smile
June 18, 2009 @ 03:05 AM
datxiecray

Super Champion is a fixed specific bike shop in Vancouver.

www.superchampionshop.com/

You'll probably want to check this site out too: fixedvancouver.com/Forums/index.php

There's a thread in there with a list of bike shops in Vancouver. smile

thanks man.
June 18, 2009 @ 05:43 PM
meowmix

i did it, shits good

it's a good starting bike, i've heard the stock hubs don't withstand back pedaling or skidding too well, though. but i don't have any first hand experience with them
June 18, 2009 @ 07:28 PM
Killypants

it's a good starting bike, i've heard the stock hubs don't withstand back pedaling or skidding too well, though. but i don't have any first hand experience with them

It's a solid bike, all things considered. My first bike was a Pista Concept and then I bought a regular Pista to fuck around with. I've since sold the Concept and am satisfied with the Pista as a quick, reliable bike. The geometry isn't ideal for me but i think in the long run it's worth the money
June 18, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
leprechaunupindatree

I can vouch, they tite

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/169975#3407782

June 19, 2009 @ 03:45 PM
sgt H

yea my front hub is epic
June 20, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
solexlife

I'm currently working on this fuji frame I picked up. Had a lot of rusting so I'm sanding it down and going to give it a proper paint job.

| Solexlife + www.solexlife.com |

June 20, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
babyshoe

picked up a new wheelset. cane creek v-33 cf track wheels. I can't believe how much better these wheels feel over my last wheelset. Wish they weren't red but I got a sweet deal.

also got some super cheap bull horns. I'll switch the purple out when I found some cheap black bull horns.

June 20, 2009 @ 08:52 PM
leprechaunupindatree

^^ cute bike brosef.

how do you like that thomson seat post?

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/169975#3407782

June 20, 2009 @ 08:56 PM
babyshoe

^^ cute bike brosef.

how do you like that thomson seat post?

its nice. i only got it to match my stem. I think its overpriced but its nice.
June 20, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
julian.

somebody want to buy my RD's?
48t.

I need some 46t crankzzz.
You think there is a crazy difference between say XD and RD2 .
because i am absolutely in love with the messenger chainring, but im broke as a joke.

On my hit list.
Painting my frame.
18t Cog.
46t Crankset.
Black rear wheel.
MKS Pedals + Cages + Straps (What are some cages that won't explode on meconfused

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

June 21, 2009 @ 01:02 AM
solexlife

48t.

because i am absolutely in love with the messenger chainring, but im broke as a joke.

On my hit list.
Painting my frame.
18t Cog.
46t Crankset.
Black rear wheel.
MKS Pedals + Cages + Straps (What are some cages that won't explode on meconfused

julian where you copping parts at?

| Solexlife + www.solexlife.com |

June 21, 2009 @ 02:54 AM
Kevon

whats a great fixie to start with? i been looking at mercier kilo and a somo. some advice would be GREAT! thanks.
June 21, 2009 @ 09:29 AM
babyshoe

48t.

On my hit list.
Painting my frame.
18t Cog.
46t Crankset.
Black rear wheel.

i've been running soma cages for the past 7 months and they are still fine. I might also be selling my double toshis, but they are blue. Good call on not wanting the gr9s, I have them and I don't really like them other than the fact they all black.

I also might be getting rid of my messengers for 75s.
June 21, 2009 @ 02:15 PM
Podge

MKS Sylvan track pedals set.$50 for cages/strap/pedals, still smooth. had them for +1 year
June 21, 2009 @ 04:01 PM
julian.

i've been running soma cages for the past 7 months and they are still fine. I might also be selling my double toshis, but they are blue. Good call on not wanting the gr9s, I have them and I don't really like them other than the fact they all black.

I also might be getting rid of my messengers for 75s.

color/size/teeth on that messenger set?
let me get at that!

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

June 21, 2009 @ 04:39 PM
Stuntastic14

You prolly wouldnt notice the difference between the XD and RDs...

I love MKS GR9s, and hate MKS Sylvans.
Currently running RX-1s, and theyre pretty awesome... Even though a buddy of mine told me they were comparable to Sylvans... They are a whole lot better than Sylvans.

I used Avenir Plastic cages on a beater bike, and theyre pretty sturdy. Part of the plastic snapped, where the strap goes through, but it still holds in the straps perfectly fine.
MKS cages havent done me any wrong. I hate the Somas.
June 21, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
oneDUBseven

o posted some stuff awhile back about that Leaders frame..asking which model it was and whatnot, never heard anything back..can anyone help me out with that, i want to get the leaders frame, seem like they are priced good and nice...any other input..
i want to get this frame-
www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-ld.cfm
June 22, 2009 @ 01:49 AM
Stuntastic14

IF youre gonna get a leader, get the 725 or 735...

My friend has the 721, and its pretty half assed...

The drop out measurements are completely off... His wheel is pretty much touching the seat tube, and its bolted at the end of the drop outs... Pretty fuckin fail.

Or just save and get a Fuji Track Comp/Pro pre 09.
June 22, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
babyshoe

yeah I was gonna say, leader frames really aren't that cheap. You could pick up a used ftp for less than what a leader frame would cost you. Is 189 for the frame, 150 for their fork, and like 100 bucks for a good headset.
June 22, 2009 @ 10:26 AM
CityConnection

My new Fuji Track (stock)

June 23, 2009 @ 09:44 PM
outlawzsm

need a wheelset, suzue or dura ace hubs, or campy/mavic rims. lemme know.
June 23, 2009 @ 09:46 PM
ateeeewuh.

saw a super rad fixie today guiz! totally want one1l1ol
June 24, 2009 @ 01:44 AM
nickxsupreme

vancouver fixie crew
June 24, 2009 @ 09:21 AM
Hamez

be prepared to read the most elementary question in this entire thread:
On my fixed gear bike i have oury grips. about a month ago i took them off very carefully to cut my handlebars down a little. after that i used soapy water to put my handle grips back on and since then they have not stuck on worth a damn. i have tried numerous times to get them to stick in place via dish soap, hand soap, hairspray etc and they still just slide around when a little force is applied. how on earth do i get these things to stay on there????
June 24, 2009 @ 10:09 AM
CityConnection

be prepared to read the most elementary question in this entire thread:
On my fixed gear bike i have oury grips. about a month ago i took them off very carefully to cut my handlebars down a little. after that i used soapy water to put my handle grips back on and since then they have not stuck on worth a damn. i have tried numerous times to get them to stick in place via dish soap, hand soap, hairspray etc and they still just slide around when a little force is applied. how on earth do i get these things to stay on there????

Im not too knowledgeable in fixies because I just got my first one. BUT, I know when I change my golf grips, I put double sided tape around the club. Then I put paint thinner inside the grip and slide it on top of the double sided tape. The paint thinner evaporates and voila, I have a new grip on my club. Maybe that would work?? confused

Please login first to reply.