May 31, 2009 @ 04:38 PM
outlawzsm

Looking for a Bianchi Concept in a 56/57cm, lemme know what ya got.
June 1, 2009 @ 03:00 AM
Th@1guy

where can i sell my mountain bike in sf/bay area?

Craigslist homeskillet.
June 1, 2009 @ 04:31 AM
meowmix

This past weekend i picked up a black H+ son rear wheel laced to a miche hub. been riding everyday since i got it and im loving it.

nice, im planning on getting an H+ laced to a phil within the next few weeks if all goes well.
June 1, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
outlawzsm

how much is that H+son, thats like the new velocity. would you recommend it?
June 1, 2009 @ 07:19 PM
Podge

how much is that H+son, thats like the new velocity. would you recommend it?

h+ son is about 150-200 for just 1 wheel laced up. they are imported, china wholesale distro only, at 80usd+shipping+workmanshiptolaceandspokes/nipples.

I have one, I LOVES IT.
~Lefty
June 1, 2009 @ 08:23 PM
babyshoe

h+ son is about 150-200 for just 1 wheel laced up. they are imported, china wholesale distro only, at 80usd+shipping+workmanshiptolaceandspokes/nipples.

I have one, I LOVES IT.
~Lefty

have you seen/compared it to a b43 yet? I know its 1 mm deeper but I thought the h+ wheels got bad reviews...
June 1, 2009 @ 08:38 PM
babyshoe

holy fuck. your front wheel costs more than your frameset, and ps, if your riding the streets on that thing, once its out of true, theres no way to fix it. plus how many stories have we heard about carbon forks hitting the wrong pothole and just shattering.

i mean, i bet it would race well on a velodrome... damn.

on the real, does that aerospoke at least dampen all that aluminum and carbon, you must feel every bump......

ive been seriously considering getting one of leaders frames but trying to figure out how a cro mo fork would feel on a frame with that agressive of a geometry.

im running some alien deep section wheels and they run super smooth, i have that alien crankset as well, with a dura-ace cog in the back, nice izumi track chain, gotta upgrade my bottom bracket for my new frame.

you guys have any feedback about how leader frames run in the streets of cities? quick handling is something is expect, but is it super shaky?

I ran a aerospoke on my masi coltello(aluminum frame with a cf fork) and it was fine. I can't really comment on how the bike rides differently from my dt swiss wheel set, but the aerospoke did absorb a lot of the shock of hitting uneven pavement. This assumes my new components didn't effect the ride at all.

The whole arguement about how an aerospoke is bad b/c one it goes untrue... is kindof pointless. When I rode with a front aerospoke (I bought it b/c of its durability) I bent my rear wheel countless times and of course the aerospoke never went untrue. You'd have to do something pretty stupid to get it to be untrue.

I have a few friends that ride leader bikes, most of them ride on the streets or commute from usc to downtown la, they haven't had any problems. My friend has a 737 frameset with all of the leader components and he loves it. He used to ride a bridgestone.
June 2, 2009 @ 12:43 AM
oneDUBseven

how much did you pay for that frame...im looking to build a new bike, my bike now is a skinnier frame and i dont like that look anymore haha...i really like that Leader frame but wasn'y sure about which frame, on their site they all look the same, just different prices?
June 2, 2009 @ 03:19 AM
Stuntastic14

have you seen/compared it to a b43 yet? I know its 1 mm deeper but I thought the h+ wheels got bad reviews...

The only bad review about the H+ was that the rim exploded, that one time...

Think of it this way...

The guys at Macaframa are sponsored by H+son... Many of them are messengers and ride hard...
If they havent had problems, I doubt anyone on this board will have problems.

So far with the B-43s, the bad thing people have seen is dimpling on rim... Coulda been the picture, coulda been the rim.

I havent kept up, but iono if its been confirmed or not, yet...
June 2, 2009 @ 08:09 PM
outlawzsm

leader has a problem with their rear derailuers being bent/messed up.
June 2, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
GeraldSD

Either than the Kilo TT, what other bikes are decent for the same price? Been riding a Fuji Draft Lite recently, but I dont know if its working out for me.
June 2, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
eastcoastchris

Either than the Kilo TT, what other bikes are decent for the same price? Been riding a Fuji Draft Lite recently, but I dont know if its working out for me.

fuji track or se draft lite?

you got that one peice bb ?
June 3, 2009 @ 04:44 PM
meowmix

H+ Son's are supposed to be incredibly strong and I hear they have a good warranty. I haven' got mine yet because I'm waiting to find out of I can get it for wholesale through my work or not.
June 3, 2009 @ 08:37 PM
Podge

H+ Son's are supposed to be incredibly strong and I hear they have a good warranty. I haven' got mine yet because I'm waiting to find out of I can get it for wholesale through my work or not.

hmmmm, warranty seems to be good as in a replacement. the documenting of them is available on their website.
b43s which are deeper than the h+son are available and in stock, in white only. if you need hit me up. ditto with h+sons since those are available now too, but about same price.

heres mine recent picture
rd2 sugino 48t, mks sylvan(forgot which),eai18t 3/32',dimensionrear,h+back,somaeverwear,korestem,thomsonseatpost,bontragerpieceofshit10$seat,handlebarssome40$straightbarforgotthename.
June 3, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
Virunga

bikesdirect.com

Still awaiting a paint job. (Dad needs to hurry the fuck up lolz)
Steerer tube needs to be cut a little, but finally adjusted my spacers.
top tube is a little dirty from sticker residue, but whatever..

Nvm

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

June 3, 2009 @ 10:59 PM
Clazik

I've been meeting more and more of you guys from SAn Diego lately, but I was just wondering if any of you are more local to me, I'm in El Cajon...im assuming not to many of you guys out this way from the city, but just curious?
June 3, 2009 @ 11:32 PM
Podge

I've been meeting more and more of you guys from SAn Diego lately, but I was just wondering if any of you are more local to me, I'm in El Cajon...im assuming not to many of you guys out this way from the city, but just curious?

good source is sdfixed.com
June 4, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
mp.

kilo tt's aren't a decent bike in the 1st place. on that budget it's a good deal. but a cheap bike somewhat in that pricerange (although pricier): iro mark v, surly steamroller, raleigh rushour, etc. if you really wanna spend only $300 on a bike, either wait for a steal on CL or buy the kilo... kilo's are bad in my opinion. mercier just sets a budget and cuts quality just to meet budget. at least, to me, they're a bad buy since i ride in nyc and need a bike that can take a beating. kilo's can't.
June 4, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
Killypants

I just sold my 2005 Pista Concept frameset cuz i need monies sad. Oh well, I'm going to college in a year and I wasn't planning on bringing it anyway. And I still have my normal Pista.
June 5, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
Stuntastic14

I gots...

47t 144BCD Sugino Mighty Chainring, 3/32.

Wants...

46t 144BCD chainring, 1/8. Of equal value.

OR.

48t 144BCD Sugino Mighty Chainring, 3/32.
June 5, 2009 @ 10:37 AM
Podge

speaking of b43: White B43 and White 650 Deep-V Laved to Pewter All-City Hubs

and All-City white crankset looks purty
June 5, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
ony

Well im new to fixies and hypebeast in that matter but i was watching a video on youtube the video is called NAGAi CREW - What Do I Get? (i cant put a link) but i was wondering what type of handlebars are the ones on the bike on rack in the first picture with the pink grips, the same bars are on the bike the first rider is using. Thanks
June 5, 2009 @ 06:35 PM
Zach

how much does it cost to make/buy these things?
June 5, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
Killypants

Half a million, give or take
June 5, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
babyshoe

makes me miss my uji track. yes, mine said uji not fuji.

i have black nitto risers with white oury's for sale. pm me if you want them. 60 bucks shipped
June 6, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
mp.

how much does it cost to make/buy these things?

well, it's like buying a car. you can get a stripped down version (materials-wise), which is very cheap and will get you from A --> B well.

however, if you become concerned with a responsive bike, light materials, safety and how materials/components will affect it, the way the bike looks, experimenting with how parts suit your preference, finding good geometry or even custom geometry, good frames, how you will use it (significant component, and often geometry difference btwn someone who is a serious track rider compared to someone who is a serious street rider, although this is not always the case and the bike can/is used for both) etc. it can both be time consuming and costly.

however, at every bike's core are pretty much the same components. it's how they piece together/make the bike valuable to the rider rather than how much it actually costs. it's about being comfortable. if a cheap bike does that, then that's what it costs. if not, it can take a lot of experimenting/trial and error to find a good match. it all depends on what you prefer. just my .02, some may think i overthink it but that's how i see it.
June 7, 2009 @ 04:14 AM
meowmix

there is a big bulk of riders in northpark/ el cajon/ other mid city areas.... i live in mira mesa myself. and yes hit up sdfixed.

^and yeah, proper seat height is important in order to avoid over extension or other discomfort for long rides.... google it
June 8, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
Stuntastic14

FS.

Its a size 60 I believe.

KHS Flite 100.

FRAME ONLY, No headset, stem, or fork.
Has a dent on the bottom of the downtube. Doesnt affect anything on the frame.

$100.

I'll ship at your expense.
June 8, 2009 @ 03:26 PM
Podge

if you need something. lmk. or sig. might be able to get stuff for slightly cheaper than what you find around online .

white b43 available.
June 8, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
Legionnaire

@lefty: how much does the white b43 cost? and what is the shipping rate?

Please login first to reply.