Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 19, 2009 @ 11:15 PM
oneDUBseven

i powder coated my rims when i did my frame
April 20, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
Whizz

new frame!!!!!!
PipeBomb

Uh oh, I see Paul track ends! I'm trying to source some in the states for my lo pro but nobody has any. Can't wait to see that built Bood.

Edit: Got some from Aspire Velotech.
April 20, 2009 @ 07:13 PM
Hamez

got new handlebars and handlegrips. not sure what i will purchase next, need new tires and the back rim has a minor bend in it...but i'm low on funds.
April 21, 2009 @ 09:49 AM
Podge

hamez, lookes like you need to tension that chain a lil bit. looks like some in the top or bottom
April 21, 2009 @ 10:15 AM
BitchFunk

Anyone know of sites or forums I can look at to get into this scene. I need some type of outdoorsy hobby to keep me in shape and getting a fixed gear would be awesome. The only thing is, I live in bumfuck Georgia and there isn't to much of a scene, or one that I know of around my area.

i live in southern oregon, chill your shit. just look for an old vintage frame and convert (keep at least one brake on), if you want, paint it, i dont know what riding in georgia is like but, if its really hilly, you might just wanna make it singlegear.
April 21, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
Hamez

thanks for pointing that out lefty-
anyone have thoughts about white tires? i think they would look nice on my bike but not sure if they would look good after they got dirty
April 22, 2009 @ 01:24 AM
Killypants

i live in southern oregon, chill your shit. just look for an old vintage frame and convert (keep at least one brake on), if you want, paint it, i dont know what riding in georgia is like but, if its really hilly, you might just wanna make it singlegear.

You are dumb. White tires are nice if they're kept clean (dry weather), otherwise they lose their color within days
April 22, 2009 @ 08:59 AM
bkrawk

seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to keep cleaning them after you go for a ride with white tires..
April 22, 2009 @ 04:08 PM
Whizz

Fuck washing tyres, that's pathetic.
April 22, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
Hamez

yeah i'm not into that washing tires thing.
turns out i need a new back wheel quicker than i thought so i'm now searching for some velocities at a reasonable price.
April 22, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
krn_zmb

has anybody fucked with a volume cutter?
My friend just bought one from ebay and when he got it, it was pretty much fucked up. Dents on the seat post bar, and chips of paint. When i saw it in person, i noticed the decals were stickers as well which made it a little sketchy to me because most bikes u cant take the decals off.
So me and him were thinking he got a fake bike.
Anyone have any experience with these to tell me if they actually come with stickers instead of decals?
These bikes are supposed to be tough too but from the looks of the one he got, it looks like a piece of shit.
April 22, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
Podge

has anybody fucked with a volume cutter?
My friend just bought one from ebay and when he got it, it was pretty much fucked up. Dents on the seat post bar, and chips of paint. When i saw it in person, i noticed the decals were stickers as well which made it a little sketchy to me because most bikes u cant take the decals off.
So me and him were thinking he got a fake bike.
Anyone have any experience with these to tell me if they actually come with stickers instead of decals?
These bikes are supposed to be tough too but from the looks of the one he got, it looks like a piece of shit.

Jacob, 1st gen are clearcoated decals, new ones are removable according to my boss. This is because we carry those frames. And he said it is doubtful there are fakes of this one.

thanks for pointing that out lefty-
anyone have thoughts about white tires? i think they would look nice on my bike but not sure if they would look good after they got dirty

White tires are being carried in our uptown location. Randonneurs, double shielded so longer skidding life. 700x28 is the size and width. As for the dirtiness, It is inevitable along the contact patch, but along non-contact patch, it stays pretty white.
April 23, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
krn_zmb

oh ok. Yeah because in person they look dumb ass cheap. I dont like how they did it that way.
But yeah, hes sending the frame back and asking for a new one.
April 24, 2009 @ 09:06 PM
babyshoe

i know I posted I was gonna get a fuji track comp but I found a deal I couldn't pass up. This frame is basically my dream frame, got it for basically nothing. Got a thomson stem and a new black front brake cool I'm starting to regret buying blue toshis and blue oury's. new wheels soon.

April 24, 2009 @ 10:07 PM
krn_zmb

yeah the blue isnt going with it so well but the frame is sick dude. Good shit.
April 24, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
babyshoe

yeah the blue isnt going with it so well but the frame is sick dude. Good shit.

yeah, I am switching them out like tomorrow. I just feel lame that i didn't rock the grips for more than a few weeks on my old fuji.

btw does anyone want to buy a fuji track frameset?
April 25, 2009 @ 01:50 AM
julian.

Size and price?

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

April 25, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
oneDUBseven

baby-
thats a sick set up, but why new wheels, that areospoke is nice..
shit if you're getting new ones, wanna sell that one?
April 25, 2009 @ 08:39 PM
babyshoe

baby-
thats a sick set up, but why new wheels, that areospoke is nice..
shit if you're getting new ones, wanna sell that one?

i kindof want matching wheels and don't like how aerospoke wheelsets look like on my frame. i originally bought the aerospoke because its impossible to bend and I ride my bike across some pretty crappy pavement. I'm moving back home to where the pavement is nicer and aerospoke with a cross wind sucks.

not mine...

April 26, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
Hamez

yo, i found these wheels on craigslist... anyone have any insight? i was looking for some deep V's but they seem to be out of my pricerange.
www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=204
April 27, 2009 @ 03:04 PM
eez

aerojokessssss
April 27, 2009 @ 04:14 PM
Podge

hed>revx>deepv>aerospoke.

LE lugged double butted cro-moly steel frame heads up, got obey fuji frame for pretty good price. hit me up.

April 27, 2009 @ 11:21 PM
unknown force.

is it even worth it to try and convert a road bike to fixed if you have to spend like $150 to $250 on the the original/starting point?
i want to get another fixed gear after i sold mine like a year ago i miss it sad currently looking at these two on craigslist

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/1138129285.html

and

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/1139169368.html

the one for 250 is already set up but i'd probably get some new bullhorns like on my old bike
April 28, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
DjBooduh209

Half way done with my broakland
Just need to swap out some things
April 28, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
unknown force.

That Peugeot looks entry level and looks like it may be Carbolite 103. Not bad, but def not worth the price tag. I spent $150 on my PSV-10 frame which is pretty damn nice.

All the people who tell you it's not worth making/riding a conversion probably haven't ridden a nice one smile. Steel, beautiful lugs, vintage look, etc. Find a decently priced road bike and you can convert it fairly cheaply. Although, if you're spending $300+ already, Mercier Kilo TT may be better choice. I prefer my conversions smile. Also be aware about what geometry you're after and how hip you want to look!

i guess the prices are just way inflated, basically all the road bikes are at least $150 sad
April 28, 2009 @ 04:44 PM
Hamez

booduh that looks very very good, how much did you pay for the frame if you dont mind me asking
April 28, 2009 @ 05:33 PM
krn_zmb

Half way done with my broakland
Just need to swap out some things

tim, that shit is beasty as fuck.
im jealous. &)
April 28, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
Podge

booduh that looks very very good, how much did you pay for the frame if you dont mind me asking

Cake everyday like its his birthday!
St. Fighter - 1350.00 (Frame and custom Wound-Up fork / one color powder coat - 30 colors - and hand-paint graff logo)
Pipe-Bomb - 1500.00 (Frame and custom Wound-Up fork / one color powder coat - 30 colors - and hand-paint graff logo)

much deserved
April 28, 2009 @ 09:14 PM
Hamez

sweet mother of moses thats an expensive bike
April 28, 2009 @ 10:48 PM
DjBooduh209

thanks guys.

Yeah wellll worth it!
I stripped the paint :X nice and raw

Please login first to reply.