Official Fixed Gear Thread

May 17, 2012 @ 02:59
tbh, I think you should sell your trispoke and buy some more comfortable bars and bar tape.

May 17, 2012 @ 07:24
either that or actually build a bike that deserves a trispoke. cheap bike with a wheel that cost more than your frameset isn't that cool.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

May 17, 2012 @ 15:38
either that or actually build a bike that deserves a trispoke. cheap bike with a wheel that cost more than your frameset isn't that cool.

Got the trispoke for $200 off the velospace forums. Pista was my first fixed bike. Made me fall in love. I have a Vigorelli frame I need to build up, but I'm broke.

May 18, 2012 @ 02:40
Well, maybe you can take the components off your pista or that white frame and put them on your vigorelli . But clearly that is not a task which is can be done by a mere mortal.

edit: or you can just sell one of them

May 18, 2012 @ 03:20

Here's my track bike. Unfortunately, no racing this summer. Time atacs for the street, and 105 pedals for the track.
May 18, 2012 @ 11:30

My starter project.
Needs so much work, haha but it gets me around esp @ critical mass.

Why do you have a single bar end shifter on your handlebars?

I just wanted some brands to look for, because the bike shops in town have such huge selections I wouldn't know where to start.

Selle Italia Turbo, San Marco Concor

http://instagram.com/qyel

May 20, 2012 @ 07:33
Noob question... When I bought my Windsor Hour bike on bikesdirect, it came with a rear brake caliper. Can I only use it on my rear wheel or can I use the caliper on my front wheel? How can I differentiate between front and rear brake caliper? pictures online display both calipers that look exactly the same.
May 20, 2012 @ 08:08
After looking at the last couple bikes posted...y'all need to get frames that actually fit you. There is no reason your seat post should be lowered all the way down.

i would used to bunny hop and stuff off of mine. lower seat= more clearance. either way it wasn't too low for me. that bike is dead though cause i crimped the chain stays to fit a 32c tire and it failed. its a 52cm frame so it fit me perfectly...
May 20, 2012 @ 12:46
Race bikes? We off dat

just playing,.

Building up my townie, got rid of the nitto race bars for something more comfortable. Brown Brooks saddle and some brown grips next and im getting rid of the toe straps so i can ride with boots on. I still ride fixed, but my bike is for transportation mainly now. Its so much more comfortable, I can do 2 hour rides without even noticing.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

May 20, 2012 @ 16:19
Noob question... When I bought my Windsor Hour bike on bikesdirect, it came with a rear brake caliper. Can I only use it on my rear wheel or can I use the caliper on my front wheel? How can I differentiate between front and rear brake caliper? pictures online display both calipers that look exactly the same.

You can use it in the front but you may need a longer recessed nut.

May 22, 2012 @ 21:55
My beater.

^^^^

That's a sweet video.

Okay, question for everyone in here.
Am I the only one who hates how fixed gears have become the new BMX? Like, watching the MASH dvd 5 years ago is what got me into riding. Just watching them fly down hills super fast and skidding seemed super fun. Not to mention the sleek/minimal look of the bikes were super attractive. Even all the "trick" stuff in Macaframa was pretty sweet. But now everyone's slapping pegs, bmx bars, fat fucking tires, and lowering the seat and it's just fucking dumb. Idk, maybe it's just me, but I prefer to just ride my bike. Go fast as fuck. Commute. Even doing tricks on a more conventional track bike, like Keo Curry, is pretty sweet. But this new style of fixed gear riding is for the birds.

Posts a piece of shit with a goofy front wheel and flatbars then talks about going fast. '

Aren't you from illinois or some shit? I bet there isn't any inclines for hundreds of kilometres.
May 22, 2012 @ 22:07
Posts a piece of shit with a goofy front wheel and flatbars then talks about going fast.

Aren't you from illinois or some shit? I bet there isn't any inclines for hundreds of kilometres.

Risers, not flats.
And just because I don't like doing bmx tricks, doesn't mean I have to bomb hills 24/7. I like commuting. And I can get pretty fast on flat ground. There ARE hills here, just not mountainous shit. Damn, why all the hate!?

May 23, 2012 @ 00:01
Because you're what... 24? 25? and you fuck/have relationships with 17 year olds?

that's why. + your taste in bikes is terrible.
May 23, 2012 @ 00:12
Because you're what... 24? 25? and you fuck/have relationships with 17 year olds?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Are we in a relationship thread? No. We're in a bike thread. Fuck outta here.

May 23, 2012 @ 00:15
+ your taste in bikes is terrible.
May 23, 2012 @ 01:32
chill guys. just go out there and ride.

completely unrelated: 3rensho my brother is building for me/ 3rensho frameset he just got

May 23, 2012 @ 01:36
Nice frame sets. going to build them as road bikes, right?
May 23, 2012 @ 02:06
Damn so jealous. not a fan of downtube shifters doe.

May 23, 2012 @ 05:26
Here is my boring kilo tt. I have been neglecting it lately and riding my road bike a bunch.

May 23, 2012 @ 06:20
^clean.

Nice frame sets. going to build them as road bikes, right?

yeah, campagnolo super record components on mine and suntour superbe pro components on his.

Damn so jealous. not a fan of downtube shifters doe.

they're definitely a bit strange but i don't think I've owned a road bike with modern shifters yet lol

May 24, 2012 @ 00:55
Here is my boring kilo tt. I have been neglecting it lately and riding my road bike a bunch.

That frame is begging for a quill stem.
May 24, 2012 @ 01:18
and some straps too

May 25, 2012 @ 16:16
Thinking about building a new back wheel. If you guys could have ANY hub/rim combo, what would it be?

I know plenty of people who are willing to take my current White Industries/H+Son EERO build off my hands. I want something lighter. I ride on the street a lot, so it would have to be fairly strong. The wheel I have now is probably overkill for the kind of riding I do.

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

May 25, 2012 @ 16:29
fuck i miss doing conversions, that shit was fun. might build one up this summer

www.headhunterla.com

May 25, 2012 @ 16:44
and some straps too

Yeah I need new straps and pedals for sure.
May 25, 2012 @ 21:45
Thinking about building a new back wheel. If you guys could have ANY hub/rim combo, what would it be?

I know plenty of people who are willing to take my current White Industries/H+Son EERO build off my hands. I want something lighter. I ride on the street a lot, so it would have to be fairly strong. The wheel I have now is probably overkill for the kind of riding I do.

I've heard good things about kinlin XR-300s, or you could try Velocity Fusions, aeroheads, A23s, or even deep v's(they could still be fairly light depending on how you build them.

As for hubs, I have no problems with my formulas.

May 29, 2012 @ 22:47
you may check out hubs from the hub store for some good cheap hubs.
May 29, 2012 @ 23:36

My starter project.
Needs so much work, haha but it gets me around esp @ critical mass.

Why do you have a single bar end shifter on your handlebars?

I originally had a 3-spd fixed stumey archer hub, recently took it off but the shifter is stuck on the bars.
Jun 01, 2012 @ 22:43
im in need of a new bike. heres the most recent pic i have. except i took off all them stickers

www.headhunterla.com

Jun 02, 2012 @ 01:59
wtf. is this real life?

Please login first to reply.