HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
May 10, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
doufuu

There isn't really a "best" (or worst) company. Any saddle is fine as long as its comfortable to you. and comfortable saddles vary from person to person. Some notable brands are: Selle Italia, San Marco, fizik ,specialized, & prologo. Brooks saddles takes more time to break in than most saddles. Some specialized dealers can measure your sit bone for their saddles.
May 11, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
Jens Voigt

Nobody's ass is the same. tbh the best thing would to go to a lbs and try it yourself, you don't want to order a saddle online for $100 just to have it be an ass hatchet for you. With that said, ebay has great deals on used saddles.

May 11, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
jaded

I just wanted some brands to look for, because the bike shops in town have such huge selections I wouldn't know where to start.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

May 11, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
doufuu

A lot of people find fizik ariones and selle italia flites very comfortable. But there won't be a guarantee that these will work for you. I know fizik and selle italia have test saddles that you can try out. I believe its free or just a small fee to test them out as long as you don't break or scratch then and return them on time. And if you end up liking them, the small fee will go towards the saddle when you buy it. I would start there.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would do what Dawick suggested and look on craigslist and ebay for cheap saddles. An expensive saddle doesn't necessarily mean it will be more comfortable to you. A $10 saddle can be more comfortable to you than a $300 one.

Just be sure do a long ride to test them out. When I was testing out saddles, I would do 40-50 mile rides.
May 16, 2012 @ 12:18 PM
jacobsever

After looking at the last couple bikes posted...y'all need to get frames that actually fit you. There is no reason your seat post should be lowered all the way down.

May 16, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
jacobsever

My other bike. Well...both, actually.

May 17, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
Jens Voigt

tbh, I think you should sell your trispoke and buy some more comfortable bars and bar tape.

May 17, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
Anti-Hero

either that or actually build a bike that deserves a trispoke. cheap bike with a wheel that cost more than your frameset isn't that cool.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

May 17, 2012 @ 03:38 PM
jacobsever

either that or actually build a bike that deserves a trispoke. cheap bike with a wheel that cost more than your frameset isn't that cool.

Got the trispoke for $200 off the velospace forums. Pista was my first fixed bike. Made me fall in love. I have a Vigorelli frame I need to build up, but I'm broke.

May 18, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
Jens Voigt

Well, maybe you can take the components off your pista or that white frame and put them on your vigorelli . But clearly that is not a task which is can be done by a mere mortal.

edit: or you can just sell one of them

May 18, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
doufuu

Here's my track bike. Unfortunately, no racing this summer. Time atacs for the street, and 105 pedals for the track.
May 18, 2012 @ 11:30 AM
araw at bituin

My starter project.
Needs so much work, haha but it gets me around esp @ critical mass.

Why do you have a single bar end shifter on your handlebars?

I just wanted some brands to look for, because the bike shops in town have such huge selections I wouldn't know where to start.

Selle Italia Turbo, San Marco Concor

http://instagram.com/qyel

May 20, 2012 @ 07:33 AM

Noob question... When I bought my Windsor Hour bike on bikesdirect, it came with a rear brake caliper. Can I only use it on my rear wheel or can I use the caliper on my front wheel? How can I differentiate between front and rear brake caliper? pictures online display both calipers that look exactly the same.
May 20, 2012 @ 08:08 AM
frogprince

After looking at the last couple bikes posted...y'all need to get frames that actually fit you. There is no reason your seat post should be lowered all the way down.

i would used to bunny hop and stuff off of mine. lower seat= more clearance. either way it wasn't too low for me. that bike is dead though cause i crimped the chain stays to fit a 32c tire and it failed. its a 52cm frame so it fit me perfectly...
May 20, 2012 @ 12:46 PM
Koven

Race bikes? We off dat

just playing,.

Building up my townie, got rid of the nitto race bars for something more comfortable. Brown Brooks saddle and some brown grips next and im getting rid of the toe straps so i can ride with boots on. I still ride fixed, but my bike is for transportation mainly now. Its so much more comfortable, I can do 2 hour rides without even noticing.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

May 20, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
Jens Voigt

Noob question... When I bought my Windsor Hour bike on bikesdirect, it came with a rear brake caliper. Can I only use it on my rear wheel or can I use the caliper on my front wheel? How can I differentiate between front and rear brake caliper? pictures online display both calipers that look exactly the same.

You can use it in the front but you may need a longer recessed nut.

May 22, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
faceless

My beater.

^^^^

That's a sweet video.

Okay, question for everyone in here.
Am I the only one who hates how fixed gears have become the new BMX? Like, watching the MASH dvd 5 years ago is what got me into riding. Just watching them fly down hills super fast and skidding seemed super fun. Not to mention the sleek/minimal look of the bikes were super attractive. Even all the "trick" stuff in Macaframa was pretty sweet. But now everyone's slapping pegs, bmx bars, fat fucking tires, and lowering the seat and it's just fucking dumb. Idk, maybe it's just me, but I prefer to just ride my bike. Go fast as fuck. Commute. Even doing tricks on a more conventional track bike, like Keo Curry, is pretty sweet. But this new style of fixed gear riding is for the birds.

Posts a piece of shit with a goofy front wheel and flatbars then talks about going fast. '

Aren't you from illinois or some shit? I bet there isn't any inclines for hundreds of kilometres.
May 22, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
jacobsever

Posts a piece of shit with a goofy front wheel and flatbars then talks about going fast.

Aren't you from illinois or some shit? I bet there isn't any inclines for hundreds of kilometres.

Risers, not flats.
And just because I don't like doing bmx tricks, doesn't mean I have to bomb hills 24/7. I like commuting. And I can get pretty fast on flat ground. There ARE hills here, just not mountainous shit. Damn, why all the hate!?

May 23, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
faceless

Because you're what... 24? 25? and you fuck/have relationships with 17 year olds?

that's why. + your taste in bikes is terrible.
May 23, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
jacobsever

Because you're what... 24? 25? and you fuck/have relationships with 17 year olds?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Are we in a relationship thread? No. We're in a bike thread. Fuck outta here.

May 23, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
faceless

+ your taste in bikes is terrible.
May 23, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
araw at bituin

chill guys. just go out there and ride.

completely unrelated: 3rensho my brother is building for me/ 3rensho frameset he just got

May 23, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
doufuu

Nice frame sets. going to build them as road bikes, right?
May 23, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
Jens Voigt

Damn so jealous. not a fan of downtube shifters doe.

May 23, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
mothon

Here is my boring kilo tt. I have been neglecting it lately and riding my road bike a bunch.

May 23, 2012 @ 06:20 AM
araw at bituin

^clean.

Nice frame sets. going to build them as road bikes, right?

yeah, campagnolo super record components on mine and suntour superbe pro components on his.

Damn so jealous. not a fan of downtube shifters doe.

they're definitely a bit strange but i don't think I've owned a road bike with modern shifters yet lol

May 24, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
weezyfuckdbaby

Here is my boring kilo tt. I have been neglecting it lately and riding my road bike a bunch.

That frame is begging for a quill stem.
May 24, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
Jens Voigt

and some straps too

May 25, 2012 @ 04:16 PM
drew?

Thinking about building a new back wheel. If you guys could have ANY hub/rim combo, what would it be?

I know plenty of people who are willing to take my current White Industries/H+Son EERO build off my hands. I want something lighter. I ride on the street a lot, so it would have to be fairly strong. The wheel I have now is probably overkill for the kind of riding I do.

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

May 25, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
ndrew

fuck i miss doing conversions, that shit was fun. might build one up this summer

www.headhunterla.com

Please login first to reply.