Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 11, 2010 @ 12:57 AM
BomberPro

Packed up for the winter

You cant ride it in the winter? Cause your in toronto?
November 11, 2010 @ 01:29 AM
Koven

You cant ride it in the winter? Cause your in toronto?

Yup, snow and ice is a bitch.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

November 11, 2010 @ 01:24 PM
Ma Duce

new rims

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

November 11, 2010 @ 02:00 PM
BomberPro

Yup, snow and ice is a bitch.

sucks bro. looks good though
November 11, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
BomberPro

new rims

yucko
November 11, 2010 @ 08:55 PM
Podge

Halloweenish night. Most current set-up.

~Lefty
November 11, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
Koven

how much did that tri spoke cost?

November 12, 2010 @ 07:33 PM
Ma Duce

laced cool

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

November 12, 2010 @ 07:42 PM
twothousand1.

Packed up for the winter

straight bars, razz
November 12, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
Koven

Straights FTW, I might get drops one day though.

November 12, 2010 @ 11:18 PM
whoRichard?

Halloweenish night. Most current set-up.

~Lefty

Yo lefty you got one of those "custom" bolts so that a regular wrench can't take off your wheels? If not i advise you do, unless you want some dick head to steal your tri spoke razz
November 13, 2010 @ 11:24 PM
Ryon

Straights FTW, I might get drops one day though.

Drops are amazing, theres a reason why theyre the "standard" in cycling
November 14, 2010 @ 01:55 PM
BomberPro

Drops are amazing, theres a reason why theyre the "standard" in cycling

I think its more important to ride what is comfortable then what is "standard" in cycling. Also there is more than just road biking and track racing. So maybe reconsider the use of the word "standard"
November 14, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
Alex AKA Fresh

Yo lefty you got one of those "custom" bolts so that a regular wrench can't take off your wheels? If not i advise you do, unless you want some dick head to steal your tri spoke razz

there is a reason the U-lock is going around the wheel too...
November 14, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
Podge

how much did that tri spoke cost?

Free99. Well technically for me. My boss bought a used set for 700 off eBay, sold the back and kept the front. I had a spinergy revx I bought for like 200 years ago I lent to him, he fucked that up, so there goes the hed3 to me. So technically speaking, 200.

Got a flat two times in two and a half years. First flat was low tire pressure after sitting during the winter I rode it, hit a pot hole in the dark, poof. Second time, recently was because of vale tear leak, I didn't glue the section around the valve, so that when i was inflating it it was moving hence the valve seal tear slow leak. Live and learn, tubulars are a nice experience.
~Lefty
November 14, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
Ryon

I think its more important to ride what is comfortable then what is "standard" in cycling. Also there is more than just road biking and track racing. So maybe reconsider the use of the word "standard"

Ride on drops more often, youll eventually grow to love them
November 15, 2010 @ 01:07 AM
BomberPro

Never on a track bike for commuting. On my road bike yes drops only. But a standard cycling handlebar? No.
November 15, 2010 @ 07:21 PM
jaded

Let me get your guys opinion on something.

I've been interested in getting a road bike for riding around to exercise because I get bored just going to the gym and want something else to do in addition to going.

I went to a local bike shop earlier today, and asked where I should start. They immediately took me over to a rack and pulled down a $900 bike by Specialized (I wish I knew which model it was, because there are a lot on their website, and now I can't find the specific model). The guy told me it was the best starter bike, and that the prices went up from there.

Is $900 really what I'm going to spend to get started with a road bike? the price doesn't bother me if that's reality, but I want to make sure I'm not just getting sold an expensive bike because they know I'm inexperienced.

Is there better stuff out there than Specialized? Any additional info would be appreciated.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 15, 2010 @ 09:49 PM
Kissthesnow

my GF also wanna a bike.confused

kickssky.com

November 15, 2010 @ 10:02 PM
araw at bituin

Let me get your guys opinion on something.

I've been interested in getting a road bike for riding around to exercise because I get bored just going to the gym and want something else to do in addition to going.

I went to a local bike shop earlier today, and asked where I should start. They immediately took me over to a rack and pulled down a $900 bike by Specialized (I wish I knew which model it was, because there are a lot on their website, and now I can't find the specific model). The guy told me it was the best starter bike, and that the prices went up from there.

Is $900 really what I'm going to spend to get started with a road bike? the price doesn't bother me if that's reality, but I want to make sure I'm not just getting sold an expensive bike because they know I'm inexperienced.

Is there better stuff out there than Specialized? Any additional info would be appreciated.

get a road bike off craigslist and make sure it fits you.

and i prefer bullhorns over drops. drops are too intense for me haha.

http://instagram.com/qyel

November 15, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
unknown force.

you don't mind spending 900 dollars on your first road bike that you might not even like?

baller
November 15, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
jaded

get a road bike off craigslist and make sure it fits you.

and i prefer bullhorns over drops. drops are too intense for me haha.

Well I don't even know where to start with that, that's why I went to a bike shop to begin with.

November 15, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
babyshoe

was it this one?

900 is pretty cheap for a new quality roadie. get sized, get fit and there you go. if you like it, chances are you're gonna want more of a bike than that. crappy bikes make for a crappy biking experience.
November 16, 2010 @ 12:13 AM
jaded

was it this one?

900 is pretty cheap for a new quality roadie. get sized, get fit and there you go. if you like it, chances are you're gonna want more of a bike than that. crappy bikes make for a crappy biking experience.

It wasn't like that, the specialized logo was much smaller. I'd have to call there tomorrow to get the exact model, but it was pretty plain looking compared to the one you posted.

I asked the guy if it would be better to spend a bit more and get a bike that will last me much longer, and he said "nope". He was being kind of a dick though, so I ended up leaving. I don't want to waste money on something that isn't that great and then end up having to spend even more to add a bunch of components. I just want to start off the right way.

November 16, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
babyshoe

if its a concept store they should let you ride it around the parking lot. alot of the more expensive parts are smoother/lighter but to someone who hasn't used the nicer stuff you won't really be able to tell the difference. weight only matters if you're racing or trying to climb hills regularly.
November 16, 2010 @ 12:47 AM
jaded

if its a concept store they should let you ride it around the parking lot. alot of the more expensive parts are smoother/lighter but to someone who hasn't used the nicer stuff you won't really be able to tell the difference. weight only matters if you're racing or trying to climb hills regularly.

Yeah, they might let me ride one, I'm not really sure. The guy that was helping me was being a dick so after I got a couple questions answered I left. That $900 Specialized road bike was their "starter" bike, so everything on the rack past that one was over $1k. I just don't really know anything about them so I don't know where to start, and I don't want to get taken advantage of by a local bike shop looking to make some easy money.

November 16, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
BomberPro

It wasn't like that, the specialized logo was much smaller. I'd have to call there tomorrow to get the exact model, but it was pretty plain looking compared to the one you posted.

I asked the guy if it would be better to spend a bit more and get a bike that will last me much longer, and he said "nope". He was being kind of a dick though, so I ended up leaving. I don't want to waste money on something that isn't that great and then end up having to spend even more to add a bunch of components. I just want to start off the right way.

You hit it head on with the guy being a dick. People at bike shops just want your money. You want a beginner bike? Spend $900. You are and experienced biker? Again buy this $900 bike. If you even mentioned to them about looking at bikes on CL, they will start ranting how every bike on there will be broken/bad deal/poor quality/ bad components. In reality, you need to do research for your self and not just listen to salesmen. You can buy a nicer bike off CraigsList for $500 than a completely stock brand new Specialized. If you really got into cycling, then you would be changing all the components off the stock bike anyways.
November 16, 2010 @ 02:18 PM
jaded

You hit it head on with the guy being a dick. People at bike shops just want your money. You want a beginner bike? Spend $900. You are and experienced biker? Again buy this $900 bike. If you even mentioned to them about looking at bikes on CL, they will start ranting how every bike on there will be broken/bad deal/poor quality/ bad components. In reality, you need to do research for your self and not just listen to salesmen. You can buy a nicer bike off CraigsList for $500 than a completely stock brand new Specialized. If you really got into cycling, then you would be changing all the components off the stock bike anyways.

I don't plan to do business there now anyhow. They don't have enough of a selection in the first place, so it's hard for me to believe I'd really be getting the best bike to start off with when they only stock 5 or 6 road bikes (not 5 or 6 brands, just 5-6 bikes).

I'll have to spend some time looking into it. I was looking at Trek bikes last night, but a nice road bike from them is definitely going to be a big investment.

Is there a road bike thread? or enough people here to start one? I don't want to take over the fixed gear thread with my questions unless you guys don't care.

November 16, 2010 @ 02:31 PM
BomberPro

Don't be afraid of buying a used bike though. Definitely a better idea if you are just getting into it.
November 16, 2010 @ 03:06 PM
araw at bituin

I don't plan to do business there now anyhow. They don't have enough of a selection in the first place, so it's hard for me to believe I'd really be getting the best bike to start off with when they only stock 5 or 6 road bikes (not 5 or 6 brands, just 5-6 bikes).

I'll have to spend some time looking into it. I was looking at Trek bikes last night, but a nice road bike from them is definitely going to be a big investment.

Is there a road bike thread? or enough people here to start one? I don't want to take over the fixed gear thread with my questions unless you guys don't care.

5-6 road bikes?? o_O

why don't you look at cannondales? i've ridden a few and they seem nice. seen some on craigsist for <500 too

http://instagram.com/qyel

Please login first to reply.