Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 31, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
CⒶM

Bomberpro, i thought i told you to kill yourself?

Not with a bang but a whimper

October 31, 2010 @ 10:54 PM
Stuntastic14

So that yellow isn't a sprint frame? Uh huh.

And since did bike racers and builders revolve their parts around what's easier to carry up stairs? Hm.
November 1, 2010 @ 12:13 AM
babyshoe

if that was the case wouldn't aluminium have been a better frame choice? just saying.
November 1, 2010 @ 08:15 PM
KDL323

I got a wheelset from Eigthinch. Their the Tessas in adonized red. Its 700cc and their non machined. Its still brand new in box. I believe on the eigthinch site, its still around 140 plus shipping. I never got around to installing them because other stuff came up and I might have to sell my fixie too.

Heres a picture of what it looks like

Im selling it for 150$ OBO.

Im located in the 323/626 area.
PM me if you guys know anyone interested.
November 6, 2010 @ 02:23 AM
BomberPro

So that yellow isn't a sprint frame? Uh huh.

And since did bike racers and builders revolve their parts around what's easier to carry up stairs? Hm.

i can't really tell what you are trying to say, but i'll take a stab at it. A track frame is a track frame. You said it yourself and i agree, it's already silly we are riding them on the street, a sprint frame is just as silly as any other high end frame. And again, since I am riding this bike on the street i think it s easy to conclude that i am NOT a racer. SO that being said, i like to build my bike to be as practical as a track bike can be on the street. And still i see that you do not know the proper use a set back seat post, it is not due to the dramatic seat tube angle.

And to the other guy, no aluminum would not have been a better choice. Say what you will but when i ride i the street, all i trust is steal. Better to me to make a light steel bike then have a overly light aluminum bike on rough streets that willl get blown around in the wind. That is just my preference.
November 7, 2010 @ 01:36 PM
htownchris

I just got an old peugeot frame and I want to know what are the first steps for making this a fixie/flip-flop? Thanks my ppl!
November 7, 2010 @ 01:46 PM
htownchris

Is 150 a normal price for a set of 700cc? I need to find something that does the job for the wheels and I can also decide if I want to go big and get expensive wheels!
November 7, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
BomberPro

Is 150 a normal price for a set of 700cc? I need to find something that does the job for the wheels and I can also decide if I want to go big and get expensive wheels!

hey first of its c not cc. cc is a measurement of motors. Next it all depends on the wheel set. You can get a very basic set for cheaper than that. I know that there are some eighth inch sets that cost around $100 that work fine as starters. Also to make a fixed gear, you really only need a back wheel, a cog, and a lockring.
November 7, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
leprechaunupindatree

a lot of

goin on in here

feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/169975#3407782

November 7, 2010 @ 08:19 PM
hools

anyone here use car bike racks often? thinking of getting this Allen 103s

www.amazon.com/Allen-103S-Premium-3-Bike-Trunk/dp/B000NOMKZ6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

literally biked everywhere there is to bike in my town within two weeks, and it's a 15 min drive to at least go downtown so i'd like a second opinion as i'll be using it often
November 8, 2010 @ 12:19 AM
BomberPro

are you saying you would drive your bike to downtown to ride?
November 8, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
htownchris

hey first of its c not cc. cc is a measurement of motors. Next it all depends on the wheel set. You can get a very basic set for cheaper than that. I know that there are some eighth inch sets that cost around $100 that work fine as starters. Also to make a fixed gear, you really only need a back wheel, a cog, and a lockring.

Preciate it brother! So is it better to get a set or its cool to frankenstein it?
November 8, 2010 @ 01:32 AM
yo_mj

November 8, 2010 @ 09:41 PM
babyshoe

i can't really tell what you are trying to say, but i'll take a stab at it. A track frame is a track frame. You said it yourself and i agree, it's already silly we are riding them on the street, a sprint frame is just as silly as any other high end frame. And again, since I am riding this bike on the street i think it s easy to conclude that i am NOT a racer. SO that being said, i like to build my bike to be as practical as a track bike can be on the street. And still i see that you do not know the proper use a set back seat post, it is not due to the dramatic seat tube angle.

why do you care about his seat post so much? i don't think he was like hey, check out my dope straight thomson seatpost.

either way, you talk alot of trash for someone with a tarck setup
November 9, 2010 @ 12:07 AM
Alex AKA Fresh

why do you care about his seat post so much? i don't think he was like hey, check out my dope straight thomson seatpost.

yeah I agree. Fuck the haters like this. 99% of the kids with NJS frames out there right now are just some hipster asshole looking for cred among his fellow thrift store rats. Give it 3 more years and I GUARANTEE he parts this thing out on ebay or C'list so he can scrounge up the cash to follow the next upcoming fad. Here's a new idea. Stop worrying about what the fuck other people want to do with their bikes and just ride. B43's or Cane Creek CF's...who gives a fuck what someone else wants to do with their bike? It's not your bike so lay the fuck off and just ride.

/ragepost
November 9, 2010 @ 10:03 AM
hools

are you saying you would drive your bike to downtown to ride?

yes. i can't ride downtown unless i wanna take the sketchy back roads and get probed by aliens

i don't just want a rack JUST to ride downtown though, btw
November 9, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
Shoutbox

i saw a Windsor Hour fixed gear bike for sale on CL, it is only $180 and looks complete and in good condition. i was thinking about maybe picking it up as an entry level bike, opinions?
November 9, 2010 @ 07:44 PM
Suraj

i saw a Windsor Hour fixed gear bike for sale on CL, it is only $180 and looks complete and in good condition. i was thinking about maybe picking it up as an entry level bike, opinions?

A Windsor is not a bad bike to own. It's a pretty nice bike and for $180, it's a steal. Buy it ASAP.
November 9, 2010 @ 08:58 PM
Masamune

sup.
im looking into grabbing a bike to start cruising around the city.
any recs?
my budget would be like atleast 300-400 tops.
November 9, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
Alex AKA Fresh

sup.
im looking into grabbing a bike to start cruising around the city.
any recs?
my budget would be like atleast 300-400 tops.

Mercier Kilo TT Pro
November 9, 2010 @ 09:14 PM
whoRichard?

If your not looking to upgrade then get the Mercier, otherwise I'd say get a Windsor Timeline/The Hour.
November 9, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
babyshoe

buy some one's used bike.
November 9, 2010 @ 11:24 PM
BomberPro

Preciate it brother! So is it better to get a set or its cool to frankenstein it?

depends what you want. could probably find a better deal if you frankenstein, but if you want it to match then just get the set
November 9, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
BomberPro

i dont think you followed any of the exchanges we had and don't know why you are getting involved. He told me my seatpost was useless on my frame, and i am trying to explain to him how it is not. I am not talking about his seat post, im just trying to tell him how the set back works on my bike, not his seatpost.
November 9, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
BomberPro

yeah I agree. Fuck the haters like this. 99% of the kids with NJS frames out there right now are just some hipster asshole looking for cred among his fellow thrift store rats. Give it 3 more years and I GUARANTEE he parts this thing out on ebay or C'list so he can scrounge up the cash to follow the next upcoming fad. Here's a new idea. Stop worrying about what the fuck other people want to do with their bikes and just ride. B43's or Cane Creek CF's...who gives a fuck what someone else wants to do with their bike? It's not your bike so lay the fuck off and just ride.

/ragepost

hey i think you are kind of late on this post. The whole fixed gear njs fad was really popular about a year ago. Now it is starting to die out/ move on to fixed gear trick bikes if you havent noticed. I openly admit i got into it when the fad was big in 08 and slowly worked my way up to an NJS frame. I have been riding it for a little over a year now and while i have seen many other around me sell their njs bikes and components i have decided to keep mine because i really like it. This is why i dont have it all suited out with njs components because i dont see them as necessary. I just like having a nice quality frame.
November 9, 2010 @ 11:30 PM
BomberPro

Mercier Kilo TT Pro

id say go with the regular Mercier kilo. The pro really isnt worth the extra money, especially if you get into it and switch out all the parts any ways.
November 10, 2010 @ 12:21 PM
Alex AKA Fresh

id say go with the regular Mercier kilo. The pro really isnt worth the extra money, especially if you get into it and switch out all the parts any ways.

the reason I suggest the TT pro is because of the crankset. It's only $40 more and you're getting a Messenger crank as opposed to the cheaper TruVativ crank.
November 10, 2010 @ 10:41 PM
Ma Duce

homie back home got hold of a zen

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

November 10, 2010 @ 10:44 PM
Koven

Packed up for the winter

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

November 11, 2010 @ 12:56 AM
BomberPro

the reason I suggest the TT pro is because of the crankset. It's only $40 more and you're getting a Messenger crank as opposed to the cheaper TruVativ crank.

messengers are not good cranks, save $40 to put towards a quality set. messengers will be of the same quality as the ones on the non pro

Please login first to reply.