FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
June 3, 2006 @ 08:18 PM

Inactive

ive been riding for awhile now, and work as a bike messenger.. and its huge out here in SF.. and the Huf set are pretty much all riders.. just wondering if any of yall ride..

also it has pretty much lead light to a whole other way of dressing, not to mention the high volume of vans, due to ease of slipping into the toe clips..

just wondering about other areas
June 4, 2006 @ 02:26 PM
TheFly

June 5, 2006 @ 12:05 AM

Inactive

any pictures of bikes? im trying to get a new ride.. im rockin a converted motobecane from 1979.. and for my messenger job i rock a new raliegh with a flip flop hub.. but i want a new vintage sunday ride fixie..

i see you fux wid SD in your location, where in san diego? and how often?
June 5, 2006 @ 10:25 AM
TheFly

June 5, 2006 @ 11:58 AM

Inactive

damn crazy son! im familiar with fixed gear gallery.. SD was cool for growing up.. but SF is where its at..

i was in minneapolis a few months back.. that place is way different then anywhere ive ever been.. but WHITE CASTLE WAS ON POINT!!!
-sidenote. these fixie heads over are making this fixed gear movie called MASH.. and that shit is fuckin NUTS!! they do some crazy skids, and just straight nutty tricks.. not to mention just straight MASHING down some HUGE SF hills..

by the way, yes its the rush hour.. i hate riding it cause the hardcore heads are soo critical on everyone, and they think everyone is a poser if you have a new bike. but being a messenger gives me a little more credibility..
June 5, 2006 @ 02:01 PM
TheFly

p.s. White castle has NOTHING on In-n-Out.
June 5, 2006 @ 07:25 PM

Inactive

have an old peugot (not PX, i wish) road bike i converted to single speed, so lazy to make it into a fixie : ( i hardly ride it now a days anyways, too paranoid about riding around with my laptop strapped to me
June 6, 2006 @ 10:50 AM
TheFly

have an old peugot (not PX, i wish) road bike i converted to single speed, so lazy to make it into a fixie : ( i hardly ride it now a days anyways, too paranoid about riding around with my laptop strapped to me

If you don't want to commit to a fixed just get a Flip-Flop hub... the best of Fixed/Single speed worlds in one. That way if you feel like coasting somedays, just turn the wheel around.

But yeah, I would be terrified of lugging around a macbook on a bike.
June 6, 2006 @ 11:21 PM

Inactive

i ride a flip-flop.. and the other day i wanted to go to a hipster gallery with free wifi.. and i had my iBOOK in my messenger bag.. OHH BOY!!.. it was scary as FUCK! everytime i put my bag down to get my lock.. YIKES
June 7, 2006 @ 01:00 PM
cushcane

I rock a Surly Steamroller in Boston.
I just got tagged for parking it illegally.

Respect.

Jeff
www.weeklydrop.com
June 7, 2006 @ 01:04 PM
cushcane

And for the record, isnt the Pedal movie like 4 or 5 years old now? Did I not catch this same documentary on IFC or the Sundance Channel about 4 years ago???

I dont get all the hype about this documentary.

Best part of Pedal was the girl doing the NYC race slamming and boucning off the top of the cab... and living....

Jeff
www.weeklydrop.com
June 7, 2006 @ 03:13 PM

Inactive

hahaha so its agreed laptop+bike riding is some scary shit right?
everyone at work called me a pussy for not doing it, but none of them bike.
June 7, 2006 @ 03:44 PM
TheFly

Best part of Pedal was the girl doing the NYC race slamming and boucning off the top of the cab... and living....

I think its been hyped recently again because of its 'released' on dvd with the accompanying book. As much as its probably been around and talked about, I usually ignore "documentaries" on "bike messengers" (or anything else that sounds like its set up to fail as a real documentary). I really only paid attention when I found out Peter Sutherland was behind it all... and the clip on the preview showing the girl getting plowed by the cabbie.
June 7, 2006 @ 03:51 PM
TheFly

How do you like your Steamroller?
June 7, 2006 @ 10:49 PM

Inactive

couldn't imagine riding here without being able to coast, just converted to Single Speed recently from 9sp, and the uphills just kill me...
June 8, 2006 @ 09:49 AM
cushcane

Pake is also a full steel frame but I dont like the weldings on it as much as the steamroller. The geometry on the steamroller is more road than track so youre not leaving as deep into it when riding. I prefer road geometry. I think the Pake is more track geo. if you prefer that.

Steamroller is unbeatable for the price and power. I beat the shit out of mine and it keeps rocking. The best part of the Steamroller is the tire clearance. In the fall, I put on some big ass fat tires on it and take it off road.

Rip it.

Jeff
www.weeklydrop.com
June 8, 2006 @ 10:07 AM

Inactive

its real funny when jeff puts his girl on the handel bars and takes her out to the movies (she only get 2 hours out of the hospital a week)

June 8, 2006 @ 11:49 AM

Inactive

ahahahah
June 10, 2006 @ 03:05 PM

Inactive

FUCK IT!! im buying a PISTA! i dont give a fuck!!! call me a poser.. i need a bike, im in SD right now and its the only bike i can find for miles!!! but fuck drops.. ima slap some bull horns on that bitch and ima fuck wid a front brake.. rather be safe, then sorry
June 10, 2006 @ 03:48 PM
TheFly

FUCK IT!! im buying a PISTA! i dont give a fuck!!! call me a poser.. i need a bike, im in SD right now and its the only bike i can find for miles!!! but fuck drops.. ima slap some bull horns on that bitch and ima fuck wid a front brake.. rather be safe, then sorry

Fuck the elitists.
June 10, 2006 @ 05:09 PM

Inactive

im in san diego, at the moment.. I hate when i come here to stay with my mom, i dont have a bike to ride.. soo thats the main reason.
The rush hour my brothers, and he lets me borrow it.. my real bike, even though i havent rode it since ive been stuck on the rush hour is a motobecane whatchu know about the do dads on the back tire!?
June 10, 2006 @ 05:41 PM
TheFly

whatchu know about the do dads on the back tire!?

I know every 10 year old girl was lovin them back when I was a kid.

If you're lookin for bikes in SD head down to Adams Avenue bike shop. I never bought a bike there but I used to live pretty close and check out their stuff often. Employees seemed like nice guys too.
June 10, 2006 @ 05:55 PM

Inactive

ahahah no doubt son!!! least i dont fuck with those filangie like things comin out the handle bars..

the bull horns are real nice for skidding..
June 26, 2006 @ 08:27 PM
TheFly

June 28, 2006 @ 05:35 PM
TheFly

cleaned up and stripped...

June 29, 2006 @ 03:51 AM

Inactive

DAMN SON!!! POST FINISHED PICTURES!!
June 29, 2006 @ 12:44 PM
TheFly

ETA on completion 7-10 days.
You bet I'll be posting some pictures up.
July 1, 2006 @ 05:36 PM
TheFly

July 2, 2006 @ 12:26 AM

Inactive

yoo your girl be getting down with skids or anything? or just straight riding?

diggen the bike though..
SF steez.. youtube.com/watch?v=qaxAEXBBKfY&search=mash%20SF
July 2, 2006 @ 11:23 AM
TheFly

yoo your girl be getting down with skids or anything? or just straight riding?

diggen the bike though..
SF steez.. youtube.com/watch?v=qaxAEXBBKfY&search=mash%20SF

She can do little skids, shes a decent rider. She thinks she can track stand but.. not really, haha.

I'm going to see MASH in a few days actually...
www.bicyclefilmfestival.com/ coming this weekend.

Please login first to reply.