FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
February 13, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
KENNN

No, they're saving Shaq for after the All-Star break. Guess which game that is. Lakers son.
February 13, 2008 @ 09:34 PM
CuttyBuddy

Lmao how about Devean George blocking that trade by exercising his rights on his contract? Pretty funny. I wonder if the trade will somehow still occur in the near future, because Kidd reeeaaaallllyyy doesn't want to stay in NJ much longer.
February 14, 2008 @ 05:04 AM
wikedwun

Yeah Boy!! Lakers 7-2 on that long ass road trip & 5-1 since they got Gasol. I can't wait til we play Phoenix.
February 14, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
HipHopPunk

agreed. Roy is a very good player, not great yet. he hasnt tested yet, he is on the come up. when he gets there we will see if he is great and can still make a impact on the game when the d is focused on him. i think he will be great one day but mvp talk for him is immature.
blazers will fight for a playoff spot from 6-8

ahem! where are blazers now?? ok....like i said, they are good but its not their turn..all that talk is immature and they will get there but they are not as good as you portland fans thought. they have to go through growing pains and get better. roy is no mvp. maybe in 3 years. blazers and roy have a bright future but not now.
February 14, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
geturshineon

Lmao how about Devean George blocking that trade by exercising his rights on his contract? Pretty funny. I wonder if the trade will somehow still occur in the near future, because Kidd reeeaaaallllyyy doesn't want to stay in NJ much longer.

i think the trade will still go down soon, i think he was waiting for his agree to get to dallas to talk about the trade in detail. its pretty funny he does this because he was demanding to be traded if he didnt get more playing time earlier in the season.
February 14, 2008 @ 01:43 PM
shaq32

The NBA is becoming a soft shell of what it used to be. International ball is even more physical than the NBA has been in years. Now most probably think that Euro ballers are weak and shooters but those are usually just the prospects that are actually drafted. Some of the toughest intenational players are the ones that arent up to the NBA's "standards" or in other words super athletic. This is why all i mainly watch is old school NBA, college, and intenational ball
February 14, 2008 @ 02:14 PM
CuttyBuddy

i think the trade will still go down soon, i think he was waiting for his agree to get to dallas to talk about the trade in detail. its pretty funny he does this because he was demanding to be traded if he didnt get more playing time earlier in the season.

Does George want a ring? Because that's the only reason that I could think of why he would be doing this. Maybe he realizes Dallas has a shot at the title, well obviously, and NJ just really doesn't. Or he could just feel like being an ass to the front office in Dallas >sad
February 15, 2008 @ 02:16 AM
deadstock_sole

raptors BITCHES
February 15, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
geturshineon

Does George want a ring? Because that's the only reason that I could think of why he would be doing this. Maybe he realizes Dallas has a shot at the title, well obviously, and NJ just really doesn't. Or he could just feel like being an ass to the front office in Dallas >sad

haha, that'd be sick if he just wanted to be an ass to the mav front office, i think cuban is a dueche and deserves it, but yeah yeah, i think that could the reason he would block the trade cause he wants a shot at a ring, i dont even think the nets are going to make the playoffs lol. its just weird he's blocking the trade, cause he never plays, if it were devin harris i would be more understanding.
February 16, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
jay3091

I forgot the All-Star Game was this weekend...
February 16, 2008 @ 10:10 PM
CuttyBuddy

Wow how about the Slam Dunk Contest? Dwight Howard was fucking ridiculous, very different from how he was in last year's showing. Every single one of his dunks were very original. I laughed my ass off as soon as I saw the cape and Superman shirt under his jersey. Gerald Green pretty good, I think the cupcake dunk should have been a 50. Rudy Gay.... not what I expected, very unimpressive. Jamario Moon gave it a good try, he surprised me, I didn't know he could go up like that. But, wow, Dwight was way too far ahead of the pack, he was the obvious winner. And Jason Kapono was the winner of the 3 Contest before it even began. He lit it up in NO. He went for a fucking 25 in the second round, only missed 5 shots. I was rooting for Booby Gibson though, but Jason was taking it home.
February 16, 2008 @ 10:27 PM
geturshineon

that was the best dunk contest ive seen since 2000 with vince carter. and as for dwight howard...youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! he "superman'd" the rest of his competitors..the double alley oop was my favorite dunk, every dunk he had was perfect. i honestly thought the dunk contest was dead after vinsanity in 2000, but as long as dwight howard is in it, it'll be alive and well. that dude is seriously on another level, hes so big but he's got hops for daysss..i gotta give it up for green tho, that dunk with no shoes on was nuts, no grip at all on hardwood and still managed to throw it between his legs and dunk it. dwight howard is superman tho.

as for the 3 pt, kapono has such a pure jump shot is beautiful to watch, tying the all time record in the 3 pt contest. i would love to see him, ray allen and michael redd in it next year.

tmrw's game should be dope, very hyped for a great game, even if kobe barely plays.
February 16, 2008 @ 10:45 PM
TheCityOfChi

chicago needs to get there ass in on some trades
February 17, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
CuttyBuddy

I thought it was funny like shit when GG took his shoes off, signed it, and put it in front of Dawkins. And then he goes and does the between the legs slam he just did a moment ago, and Chocolate Thunder knocks Green's shoes off the table. Hysterical shit. As for trades, Bibby's headed to Atlanta. I'm liking what ATL has now: Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams. Damn, I can see them in the playoffs... only if Bibby actually plays since he's missed 32 games this season.
February 17, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
jay3091

Wow how about the Slam Dunk Contest? Dwight Howard was fucking ridiculous, very different from how he was in last year's showing. Every single one of his dunks were very original. I laughed my ass off as soon as I saw the cape and Superman shirt under his jersey. Gerald Green pretty good, I think the cupcake dunk should have been a 50. Rudy Gay.... not what I expected, very unimpressive. Jamario Moon gave it a good try, he surprised me, I didn't know he could go up like that. But, wow, Dwight was way too far ahead of the pack, he was the obvious winner. And Jason Kapono was the winner of the 3 Contest before it even began. He lit it up in NO. He went for a fucking 25 in the second round, only missed 5 shots. I was rooting for Booby Gibson though, but Jason was taking it home.

Damn, I still gotta watch it
February 17, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
focus

I think that was a terrible trade on the Suns part.

I think it was a smart trade imo. I mean with all things a side, even at his age Shaq can still do work in the post...to an extent. And with him running the center and then Amare at the PF, i can't think of a team who can guard that. They might not run as much as they did but I think they will need to. Double team Shaq and Amare will just dominate all game and vice versa. And on top of that it will open up open shots for the rest of the team. But the bad side is how long will Shaq last until he retires? They basically lose a growing star if shaq retires in 1-2 years which they got robbed for.
February 17, 2008 @ 10:30 PM
geturshineon

ray allen got robbed of the mvp of the all star game.
February 17, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
CuttyBuddy

ray allen got robbed of the mvp of the all star game.

He really did. LeBron may have been a hair away from a triple double, but if it wasn't for Ray Allen, the East would have lost. LeBron had that one clutch dunk in the last minute over three guys, but Ray Allen scored 14 points in the last three minutes. That's got to be MVP right there.
February 17, 2008 @ 11:19 PM
fistoftshirt

What was up with those jerseys?
Was I the only one who hated the allstar jerseys? The wests were home white in front, and gold in back. The East was home white in back, and blue in front. So when the West had the ball, you could see the west player's white front and the east player's white back and it looked like the guy from the east was guarding his own man. If the west passed to a teammate that was facing him you could see his white front, and his teammates gold back, so it looked like he was throwing the ball away. I realize that they weren't the same shade of white - one was more silvery, but still, it was irritating. I wonder how many turnovers that caused during the game.
February 17, 2008 @ 11:32 PM
thephreak

lol, does the superman dunk count as one? his hand doesnt even touch the rim, he threw it in there. it was funny as hell tho...good shit for Dwight, good entertainment, if nothing else.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

February 18, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
focus

Was I the only one who hated the allstar jerseys? The wests were home white in front, and gold in back. The East was home white in back, and blue in front. So when the West had the ball, you could see the west player's white front and the east player's white back and it looked like the guy from the east was guarding his own man. If the west passed to a teammate that was facing him you could see his white front, and his teammates gold back, so it looked like he was throwing the ball away. I realize that they weren't the same shade of white - one was more silvery, but still, it was irritating. I wonder how many turnovers that caused during the game.

I don't think they had any turnovers from confusion of jersey colors.. most of the turnovers where from rocket throws down court, alley-op lobs, and highlight reel passes.

And it wasen't really that confusing. I think you kinda OVER analyzed it. The east teammate would have a blue front and on a fast break the West would have a gold back. The West would look for a white front and on a fast break they would know there teammate would have a gold back. And yeah East had a silver back. Probably looked more confusing on the TV then in reality. And I thought the jerseys looked preety cool.
February 18, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
focus

PRINT IT ON A SHIRT!!
February 18, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
CuttyBuddy

Yes in my opinion, this year's All Star jerseys were HIDEOUS. I liked last year's concept, where it looked like the blue (East) and red (West) were splashed onto the jerseys, but man this year's design didn't make the cut. And although Dwight's Superman wasn't a dunk persay, the judges still gave him a 50. He threw it in. That's the best part. You have to be well above the rim to throw the ball into the hoop. When you have a 7' guy who can jump high enough to friggin throw the damn ball into the net, that's an automatic 50. Same concept as a guy below 5'10 or so *Spudd Webb* doing a basic dunk and getting a 50 for it. Same thing applies here.
February 18, 2008 @ 04:18 PM
HipHopPunk

i disagree, i would have gave him a zero, that wasnt a "slam dunk"..it is a slam dunk contest right??? he was the clear cut winner and my choice but on that particular attempt was not a dunk, he was not gonna make it to the hoop, so he had to throw it in.
February 18, 2008 @ 06:26 PM
jay3091

Yes in my opinion, this year's All Star jerseys were HIDEOUS. I liked last year's concept, where it looked like the blue (East) and red (West) were splashed onto the jerseys, but man this year's design didn't make the cut. And although Dwight's Superman wasn't a dunk persay, the judges still gave him a 50. He threw it in. That's the best part. You have to be well above the rim to throw the ball into the hoop. When you have a 7' guy who can jump high enough to friggin throw the damn ball into the net, that's an automatic 50. Same concept as a guy below 5'10 or so *Spudd Webb* doing a basic dunk and getting a 50 for it. Same thing applies here.

Hell yeah, I hated the red & gold. The blue & gold was straight though.
February 19, 2008 @ 12:46 PM
geturshineon

j kidd trade back on apparently, hopefully will be done by today or tmrw, then we can all move on to more important things, like lakers/suns game on weds at 9, been waiting for this one all season, and even more now that the empty tanked diesel is on the suns. lake show all day!!!
February 19, 2008 @ 01:41 PM
CuttyBuddy

Well, it's official. J Kidd goes to Dallas with two of his teammates, and NJ gets 5 players plus two draft picks, with Devin Harris highlighting this trade. This sucks... I didn't want J Kidd to leave the East, but I still don't think Dallas will win the title this year. Although they may have perhaps one of the best starting lineups in the league.
February 19, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
geturshineon

Well, it's official. J Kidd goes to Dallas with two of his teammates, and NJ gets 5 players plus two draft picks, with Devin Harris highlighting this trade. This sucks... I didn't want J Kidd to leave the East, but I still don't think Dallas will win the title this year. Although they may have perhaps one of the best starting lineups in the league.

i dont think they will either, but they definately have a better shot at it now. i feel that kidd makes everyone else around him better with his crazy vision and passing, dude wont even have to score that much, and he will have another shot at a championship with a better team. im happy for him, been a fan since his first days in dallas.
February 19, 2008 @ 05:00 PM
sydneysneaker

kidd going to be up in dallas...he'll certainly be good for dallas with his freaksih pg abilities...cant wait
February 19, 2008 @ 06:23 PM
steveee

nowitzki hit the jackpot with this trade. kidd will definetly help him alot, all nowitzki has to worry about is catch and shoot now. im going to miss kidd on the nets sad

Please login first to reply.