Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 27, 2008 @ 09:07 PM
thephreak

Brandon Roy is not likely going to New Orleans. Why?
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Paul
Baron Davis
Deron Williams
Carlos Boozer
Amare Stoudemire

If he does, then one of the players i just listed got fucked.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

January 28, 2008 @ 04:34 PM
CuttyBuddy

Personally, I think Brandon Roy takes B-Diddy's place at the wild card. Have the GS Warriors made a bang on the scene this season the way Roy and his Blazers have? Portland entered this season being thought of as another unseeded, non-playoff-contending team, who will do even worse since their number one draft pick of the 2007 NBA Draft is out due to microfrastructure surgery. Roy showed that he worked his way off, and even at the 2 guard position, proved that he's more than willing to share the ball, and score 20 a night at the same time. The ONLY reason some coaches may overlook him during the selection process of the reserves is this: he's a sophomore. But besides that, I don't see any other legit excuse.
January 28, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
JayNav

so how did you guys like Lebron's performance against the Lakers? Not only did he drop 41, but he did a brilliant job guarding Kobe during crunch time. I think Kobe was only 1-7 from the field with Lebron on him.
January 28, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
HipHopPunk

At this point, Portland has not really proved to me that they can hang with the elites...at least not yet. Ask me again when Oden gets back.

Like I said, right now, Denver can easily outmatch Portland in every aspect except for defense. **waits for the "defense wins games" argument**. Yes, defense wins games, but so does a high octane offense, 2 all-stars, and the oh-so-important experience. I keep on hearing Brandon Roy this, Brandon Roy that. Okay, he is a great player, but Denver got Iverson. Who else? You got Aldridge, Denver got Camby. You got Fry, Denver got Kleiza. You got Jarrett Jack, Denver got Carter and Atkins. You got Outlaw and Miles, Denver got Martin, Nene, and Najera. Lastly, you got the rest of the Portland Team...Denver got Melo. Getting redundant? Not saying Portland is wack, but don't get too ahead of yourself. That being said, BOTH teams will probably not make it to the second round, but i give Denver the edge if i had to bet.

i agree. whats up with the homers and them being delusional? yes you love portland but come on, be real. portland has to show and prove and go through it all like everyone else did. roy will make the allstar game, he will not be in the running for mvp, fight for 6-8 and lose in first round. period. no one is shitting on them, thats just the way it is.
January 28, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
HipHopPunk

Personally, I think Brandon Roy takes B-Diddy's place at the wild card. Have the GS Warriors made a bang on the scene this season the way Roy and his Blazers have? Portland entered this season being thought of as another unseeded, non-playoff-contending team, who will do even worse since their number one draft pick of the 2007 NBA Draft is out due to microfrastructure surgery. Roy showed that he worked his way off, and even at the 2 guard position, proved that he's more than willing to share the ball, and score 20 a night at the same time. The ONLY reason some coaches may overlook him during the selection process of the reserves is this: he's a sophomore. But besides that, I don't see any other legit excuse.

no matter which you look at it the west never has enough spots. they are superior when it comes to talent. every year players gets snubbed. roy or bdiddy is a go for me. tough selection.
January 28, 2008 @ 06:23 PM
HipHopPunk

yall better start respectin the Hornets! leading the west, on an eight game winning streak, and man handled the spurs earlier tonight!!!

great team for the future along with portland. however, dont sleep or get too excited.spurs will dominate second half and my pick to win it all...again.
January 28, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
HipHopPunk

Train? Mmm, I'm not sure if that will really help him stay injury-immune. I don't know what is up with T-Mac's body, he just can't have a healthy season, it's just impossible. T-Mac is just a machine on the offensive end when he's 100% healthy, but he's only been 100% a couple times in the last couple years. Now, as much as I hate to see my idol who is clearly a starter, come off the bench now for Houton, the Rockets are playing a bit better. Yet, T-Mac is still squeezing in about 15-20 shots a game lol. But, as T-Mac said a couple days ago after one of their victories, I "think they have found themselves."

i think it has to do with diet and training in the off season.
now ming is down. i think with ming, chinese bred players arent bred to play vs. the aggressiveness and athleticism the americans have.
January 28, 2008 @ 06:27 PM
HipHopPunk

obviously you have never watched the blazers play. The D is always focused on brandon roy and what has he done...clutch shots, and won games. Keep thinking they are a fluke. Meet me here in the spring

lol, we will see in the second half. dont get ahead of yourself with a good first half. lets see them play when everyone else steps it up down the stretch. see you here in spring.
January 28, 2008 @ 07:02 PM
thephreak

i think it has to do with diet and training in the off season.
now ming is down. i think with ming, chinese bred players arent bred to play vs. the aggressiveness and athleticism the americans have.

Well, Yao's individual performance can't represent all Chinese players. For those that can play at the professional level, a lot of Chinese players are as tough pound for pound. Yao is just too big and too timid. If you take a look at Yi, he can hold his own. Maybe if you compare him (Yi) with Lebron it would be true, but again, Lebron is freak, hes more aggressive and athletic than anyone in the league. Most foreign players focus on the fundamentals, ie free throws, shooting, passing. You usually dont see them elevate and try to dunk on everyone. Also, the "Americans" your referring to are black people i presume? Compared to others, african americans in general are just built for sports.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

January 28, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
PeeWee

miami is pathetic this yr. blazers are playing real well lately. and the nuggets. matter fact the whole west except for the twolves

Wolves have won 3 of there last 4 lol. Al Jefferson is a beast.
January 28, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
CuttyBuddy

Al Jefferson... I'm starting to set some REALLLLY high standards and expectations for him. He just recently had like a 40-20 performance didn't he? I expect him to be an All-Star in about two years the soonest. He might get cheated out next year, even if he is playing phenomenally.
January 28, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
thephreak

Interesting to see how Minnesota develops with all those first round picks and salary space.

January 29, 2008 @ 12:29 PM
geturshineon

will jason kidd finally get his wishes granted after 3 years of asking and get traded out of nj??
January 29, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
typo

who would want him? what team wants to be torn apart?

oh btw, thanks Kidd! we LOVE Byron Scott down here in New Orleans!!!!!
January 29, 2008 @ 04:17 PM
HipHopPunk

Al Jefferson... I'm starting to set some REALLLLY high standards and expectations for him. He just recently had like a 40-20 performance didn't he? I expect him to be an All-Star in about two years the soonest. He might get cheated out next year, even if he is playing phenomenally.

cheated due to being in the west. al jefferson has the potential and skills, the celts had to give up something???
Rashard Mcants is doing well too.
January 29, 2008 @ 04:19 PM
HipHopPunk

Well, Yao's individual performance can't represent all Chinese players. For those that can play at the professional level, a lot of Chinese players are as tough pound for pound. Yao is just too big and too timid. If you take a look at Yi, he can hold his own. Maybe if you compare him (Yi) with Lebron it would be true, but again, Lebron is freak, hes more aggressive and athletic than anyone in the league. Most foreign players focus on the fundamentals, ie free throws, shooting, passing. You usually dont see them elevate and try to dunk on everyone. Also, the "Americans" your referring to are black people i presume? Compared to others, african americans in general are just built for sports.

im sorry but yes american players are more aggressive, its in our human nature, we were built this way. look at china, no murders, over populated=no fights, murders, etc. everyone is nice and mannered. i somewhat agree with the fundamentals but teaching on that and not pushing being aggressive has somewhat to do with how they are bred, raised, taught.
i agree, yao is very slow but he gets injured alot. Yi? still too early. There is only a couple chinese so we will see when there is more in the league.
January 29, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
HipHopPunk

UPDATE: ESPN's Chris Broussard (Insider) has an idea: "Lamar Odom, Javaris Crittenton and Sasha Vujacic for Kidd. It works financially and could potentially benefit both teams. ... I threw my proposal out to a few league executives Monday, and they said they'd make that deal in a heartbeat -- if they were the Nets
January 29, 2008 @ 04:42 PM
geturshineon

they should of made that deal last year..it wont work now, they already have dfish who brings in the experience and jordan farmar has come into his own this year. as much i want to hate on odom, they really him as a secondary scorer to kobe and now with bynum out they need some bigs in their lineup.
January 29, 2008 @ 04:46 PM
HipHopPunk

they should of made that deal last year..it wont work now, they already have dfish who brings in the experience and jordan farmar has come into his own this year. as much i want to hate on odom, they really him as a secondary scorer to kobe and now with bynum out they need some bigs in their lineup.

they are doing well, at least until bynum went down. i still think if lakers have the chance they will make that deal. bring fish off the bench.
January 29, 2008 @ 05:17 PM
sydneysneaker

east vs west?

east...my man dwight got it down against yao in the paint
January 29, 2008 @ 06:03 PM
thephreak

East vs. West, literally when it comes to Howard and Yao. Personally, i can't wait for Howard to dunk on Yao, but Yao ain't no pushover either man. I'm really looking forward to this years ASG because of how the starters are gonna be matched up. Garnett v Duncan anyone? Melo and Lebron? Kobe and Wade? Kidd and Iverson? But as good as that is, I'm even more interested in the the reserve selection.

January 29, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
CuttyBuddy

UPDATE: ESPN's Chris Broussard (Insider) has an idea: "Lamar Odom, Javaris Crittenton and Sasha Vujacic for Kidd. It works financially and could potentially benefit both teams. ... I threw my proposal out to a few league executives Monday, and they said they'd make that deal in a heartbeat -- if they were the Nets

That's a steal for NJ. Lamar Odom, a bit inconsistent, but he is one of the better players in LA right now. Javaris Crittenton, great rookie, I can see a lot of potential in him, seems like a great slasher, decent passer, the one thing that I don't like about him since he entered the NBA is that he's very hesitant on shooting, even when he's open. Sasha Vujacic, mmm, well he finally started knocking down his jumpshots for LA this season. Anyone remember Kobe's quote when he said Vujacic was one of those guys who made every single shot in practice, but couldn't make a single one in games? Well Sasha turned that around this season, but it's whatever. I guess Kobe can benefit from Kidd's arrival to LA. I'd love to see a Kobe-Kidd fastbreak.
January 29, 2008 @ 10:20 PM
thephreak

east vs west?

east...my man dwight got it down against yao in the paint

lol, i think Yao saw your post tonight. 36 points 19 rebounds ain't bad either >sad. and also, lol at Miami...again.

January 30, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
HipHopPunk

lol, i think Yao saw your post tonight. 36 points 19 rebounds ain't bad either >sad. and also, lol at Miami...again.

lmao at Miami. I cannot stand Pat Riley the rat and shaq the lazy fat azz.
all of riley's back stabbing and weasel moves cathing up to him. shaq thinking he will always be more gifted than everyone else and not developing any real skills has caught up to him. poor dwade.
January 30, 2008 @ 04:18 PM
sydneysneaker

haha...i saw that

i think yao is a good player...i aint hating on him but come asg dwight ftw

*yao...if you reading this i love you*
January 30, 2008 @ 04:48 PM
HipHopPunk

breaking new on Kidd trade
The New Jersey Nets are in serious negotiations with the Dallas
Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers about a blockbuster three-way trade
that would send Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, league sources said
Wednesday afternoon.

In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package
that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers
forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack.
Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with
Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal
Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash.
It's expected that New Jersey would work a buyout with Stackhouse and
allow him to be a free agent. Other players could be included to balance
the exchange of contracts.

The Record (N.J.) first reported Wednesday morning that the three teams
were in discussions.
League sources say that Nets president Rod Thorn has been working the
phones relentlessly since Kidd went public on Monday with his trade
request. Thorn seems determined to get a deal done soon and may be
looking to completely remake the Nets. He also has been dangling guard
Vince Carter.

Kidd, 34, is making $19.7 million this season, and has one year left in
on his contract at $21.4 million. Kidd The addition of Kidd could make
the Mavericks sudden favorites in the West, where they have had two
straight heart-breaking playoff runs and currently have the third-best
record in the conference.
January 30, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
focus

The trade will defiantly not happen during this season. Blazers are a young team and I don't see why trading there players when there developing and have great team chemistry. Plus the blazers will lose all there big men for a guard.. no worth it in my opinion though Harris is very talented.
January 30, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
thephreak

All the Blazers get is Devin Harris for Jack, Frye, and Outlaw? the person in the Blazers front office who would agree to go through with this trade should be fired.

January 30, 2008 @ 08:38 PM
CuttyBuddy

... That's a really dumb trade. First of all, I don't think the Mavs would give up Devin Harris for ANYBODY. They officially gave him the spot for Dallas' future point guard. That's what Harris' 5 year contract extension was for. Why would they give up Devin when he still has 4 1/2 years remaining on his contract with the Mavs? And for Portland, I wouldn't believe it if they give up Outlaw or Jack. Outlaw is pretty amazing, he's already had like, what, 2 game-winners for Portland? A really solid good bench player. And Jack is Portland's second best scoring guard in my opinion right behind Brandon Roy. Channing Frye is whatever, he played better in NY anyway, I don't really see a future for him in Portland.
January 31, 2008 @ 08:46 AM
jgoldson

Neither team should like this trade. They are fine the way they are now and the trade wouldn't fit well for the Mavericks or the Blazers. They should just leave their teams as they are.

Please login first to reply.