April 12, 2008 @ 04:48 PM
nogi-drew

firstly, i am a longtime stretford end season ticket holder, went to the roma game, going to the barcelona game and hopefully going to moscow. secondly, i have read about the past 10 pages of this and its the most ridiculous footballing conversations i have ever read, this is a poor forum to get any kind of sense from regarding football. thirdly, dont call it soccer.

ok, stfu about ronaldo. united proved against roma they are not a one man show. uniteds success against barca will not depend on one mans performance. having said that, i do agree he is the best player in the world right now. however, he will never be the best ever. not even the best ever number 7. cantona takes care of that.

uniteds midfield is outstanding with or with ronaldo. giggs hargreaves scholes ronaldo with rooney pushing up would be my choice. now worst comes to worst, put the fuckin superstar names aside and united still have a formidable field that barca will not be able to touch. nani and anderson as subs takes care of any problems. anderson i believe is one of the best in the world, he is actualy my favourite player at united.

further back we have rio, evra, wesley brown, pique and at some point vidic. this is the strongest defence in the world. wes brown is a class defender, home grown talent and people love to hate him. hes not afraid to make a tackle and will happily break henrys legs.

barca pose a threat to united however, realisticaly this is uniteds year. the current line up is probably the strongest team in the world, obviously this is biased but few diasagree. i believe it to exceed both the busby babes team and the 1999 trebble team and certainly have the means to aquire glory this year. messi out, ronaldinho out, unlucky but i would actualy rather both be in, just so people cannot blame their abscence for united trashin them over!!

chill the f**K out. theres no wes brown bashing going around on this board. and i love cantona but until ronaldos done putting on the 7 shirt for united you cant say anything just yet, and although ive only seen youtubes best was a better player with #7 shirt hell maybe even robson but cantona came in at a time and brought united back to trophies. as for the midfield id have to disagree giggs has shown glimpses of his form of last season but he wouldnt be my 1st choice every game depends on the opponent. scholes still retains the ball the best on the team but carrick and anderson need to get the starts they are the future and one day ginger prince wont be on the pitch anymore so why not get the future more time.

and give barca some credit messi should be back and bojan can be scary and its europe crazy things happen. on paper and on form united look to win but they cant cruise barca is the 1st team theyve had all CL that can trade goals with them.

but anyways UNited vs Liverpool final!!! i hope this happens so it pisses off monseur Platini and his Uefa fu**s!
April 17, 2008 @ 02:25 PM
Chopstickz

I'ma have to agree with most of Simpleton's comments after just reading from start to finish.

This comment made me LAWL the hardest.

And yes, La Liga is tempting. As you said, the weather is better and f.ex Real and Barca have a lot better reputation than any English club can ever have. Just a fact.

Fact is you know sh*t!

L'pool v Man U final
April 21, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
go0seMUFC

Carlos Alberto Tevez ftw! I have nothing to discuss about this game other than the mix up between Ferndinand and Vidic. Also, we need Van Der Sar asap.
April 22, 2008 @ 10:28 AM
Chopstickz

To be fair, Vidic has just come back from injury but the pair of them shoulda done better. Next game with Chelsea could decide the title for you

Predictions for the next 2 Champs League matches?

Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea
Barca 1 - 2 Man U
April 22, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
nogi-drew

im really excited for the offseason for man united. we have alot of young players to sort out. personally speaking of vidic id keep pique and sell johnny evans to sunderland that way pique pushes for a place on the squad i like vidic and all but pique offers more in terms of the future and vidic culd still get a good transfer sum. im stoked on welbeck he needs a yea on load to a top colaship team who need a striker. and cambell should be on the preseason roster feel him out and if he cant oush for the bench loan him out to a prem team ditto with simpson. god help us we need to get rid of saha. i want mario gomez!!!!!!! and its time to make giggs and scholes super subs it would extend their careers and make more room for fletcher, carrick, anderson, nani(who needs time more than anyone else), and hargreaves. id never ever sell giggs or scholes they are too valuable in traning and the locker room besides the obvious skill set they still possess.

that said i hope fergie fields this side for barca tomarrow:

------------van der sar----------------
brown--------vidic------rio------evra
----------hargreaves----------------
----------carrick--------anderson---
ronaldo-----------------nani------
----------rooney------------------

subs:
foster
tevez
scholes
giggs
neville

we need speed to test barca backline and i think the attack of anderson, ronaldo, rooney, and nani can do that with carrick at the mid distributing, and hargreaves watching the counter attack and marking messi all game.
April 22, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
geturshineon

talk about blowin it, poor riise..
April 23, 2008 @ 05:06 AM
CallumP

riise ftl
April 23, 2008 @ 12:23 PM
Chopstickz

S'all good, minor setback... just gives Chelski abit of hope, only to snatch it away from them in the return leg. Can't wait to see their cry baby faces!

They were outplayed and didn't deserve a draw
April 23, 2008 @ 02:23 PM
go0seMUFC

fucking ronaldo, good time to choke.
April 23, 2008 @ 04:37 PM
Shaun

fucking ronaldo, good time to choke.

Just cause he missed it does'nt mean he 'choked'...like he can't score pressure penalties.
April 23, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
nogi-drew

he missed a penalty so what!? hes done a hell of alot more good than bad hasnt the lad from madiera.

ferguson has gotten something up his sleeve he didnt looked stressed at all during the game. most of the players seemed like fergie wanted the draw and to test put barca firepower. if i were a barca fan id be pissed they domianted possession and didnt even test van der sar minus henry shots.

somethings to take away from this game.

tevez once his loan is up goodbye. he disappeared and cant play a lone striker and once he loses the game it passes him by.

park can run all day but come on realistically he shouldnt start anymore at least in big games.

ronaldo bext player on man u squad but hargreaves should get a better crack on free kicks.

scholes played awesome. as did evra the rest of the team looked out of sorts especially rooney who looked like fergie put back deep to get the draw.

and im confident that with vidic back and players playing in their right spots well get em at od trafford. i mean barca couldnt test man u @ the camp nou. we just need to win the midfield battle in the middle of the park but i think vidic out striffled our middle of the park possession.
April 23, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
go0seMUFC

west ham united
April 23, 2008 @ 08:16 PM
noir

Everyone
Critiano Ronaldo Is Some Fucking Shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

gatonoir.tumblr.com :check out my artwork and photos thanks

April 23, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
noir

Thierry Henry Is The Greatest Futballer In The World I Dont Care What Any Says Just Watch His Vids An You Will See The Greatness Wich Is Thierry Henry

April 24, 2008 @ 01:01 AM
nogi-drew

Thierry Henry Is The Greatest Futballer In The World I Dont Care What Any Says Just Watch His Vids An You Will See The Greatness Wich Is Thierry Henry

at one time he was up there.

but he was never the best frenchmen. zidane performed for club and country.

henry may have broken platini goal record for les bleus but zidane had so much more thsn henry in terms of soccer skillset.

and there are plenty of footballers playing today better than henry:

ronaldo, ibrahimovic, messi, kaka, etc etc even better target men: drogba, eto, ibra, gomez, ruud, etc
April 24, 2008 @ 06:22 AM
Dorfmeister

As a Barcelona fan, it was so disappointing seeing Barca play a one sided game. They had almost no creativity and when they got something going, they didn't finish the play. I think its time for Rijkaard to go somewhere else and a new manager to come in.

I think Barca need to spend some serious money on new players. A midfielder is really needed.

I hope Barcelona can reach the finals.
April 24, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
nogi-drew

As a Barcelona fan, it was so disappointing seeing Barca play a one sided game. They had almost no creativity and when they got something going, they didn't finish the play. I think its time for Rijkaard to go somewhere else and a new manager to come in.

I think Barca need to spend some serious money on new players. A midfielder is really needed.

I hope Barcelona can reach the finals.

laudrup as new coach?

and blame it on management but the midfield mastro got ran out of the nou camp.
April 28, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
noir

Barca all the way

April 29, 2008 @ 03:40 PM
go0seMUFC

The train to Moscow, hahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scholes@@!
April 29, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
Shaun

April 29, 2008 @ 11:44 PM
tomoffin

Agreed.

First of all, congrats to Man Utd, they deserved it.

It's frustrating seeing Barca play the way they're playing at the moment. They have so much quality, but once they are approaching the penalty box, their game freezes and instead of going for the goal and shooting, they pass when they should shoot for the goal. Even Eto'o, who used to be a really direct player with an eye for the goal is doing it at the moment. Messi tried his best, but not being in full fitness and not getting that much help, he just wasn't capable of doing so. I think Henry should be given the chance to play instead of Eto'o in the striking role, you could see his hunger once he came on and he was immediately shooting for the goal instead of passing..

Barca needs an attacking midfielder like Deco used to be. An attacking player who can distribute through balls and also make direct runs himself. Now they had Xavi and Deco playing in the midfield and neither was making forward runs, expect for the few runs they made which really weren't effective. Deco needs to leave, he's past his prime, and Iniesta should be playing in the midfield, not on the wings where they have enough quality available anyways..

A new tactic with 2 strikers and wingers is needed. As much as I like Rijkaard, it's time for him to go..
April 30, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
nogi-drew

were going to the finals!

heres a few things i took away from the game.

man united looked sharp. they made the most of their chances and tactically they out played barca.

this game showed how valuable our depth is and how scholes is so special we need a successor weve done fine without a replacement for keane but scholes godbless him and us when he hangs up his boots.

the game also showed how ronaldo needs to develop a bit more espcially when facing a more contiental team tactics that a quality team that barca throws at him.

the game showed that neville is not needed anymore im happy with hargreaves at right back when brown is moved in the middle even though faith needs to be put into pique, jonny evans and danny simpson next season or sell em.

the game also showed how idiotic barcalona management is. eto and messi finishing sucks flat out. i would have lineup up barca like this for the game.

----------valdes-----------
-----puyol------milito------
zambrotta----------abidal-
----------toure-----------
-----------xavi-----------
-messi-----deco------bojan
--------henry------------

and ronalodinho set ups have been a missing link for barca offense all season deco dosent create as many finishing chances as the bucktooth one. deco is bound for a move back to portugal for his swan song. barca need a van der haart, or ballack someone who creates chances in midfield but also can score alot of goals if needed.
April 30, 2008 @ 01:58 AM
tomoffin

----------valdes-----------
-----puyol------milito------
zambrotta----------abidal-
----------toure-----------
-----------xavi-----------
-messi-----INIESTA------bojan
--------henry------------

replace Deco with Iniesta and you have the strongest Barca squad possible at the moment. And yes, Dinho shouldn't be sold, he should be supported to get back in form.. He could return to the left flank and Bojan could be used as a supersub. Still, as Deco looks to be leaving, an attacking midfielder, as mentioned, is needed.. As they have Iniesta already, I think they should look to South America and get some of the promising youngsters there.
April 30, 2008 @ 04:28 AM
Dorfmeister

congrats to United!! Good luck in the final!

While I do admire Dinho for his talent I'm not sure that he wants to stay at Barca - when he has played he hasn't had the enthusiasm that he had before. Whether its personal problems or fitness that are causing his slowdown, he hasn't sorted it out in almost two seasons. I would assume that if he had sorted his things, he would be playing right now at a higher caliber. As far as injury goes, with the amount of time he's been playing how could he get hurt?

The creativity that Ronaldinho brought to the team is being sorely missed. Riquelme, Lampard, Pirlo would be good replacements.

Bojan still needs to develop his skills and I'm not sure he's ready for the Primera Liga.

As far as the game goes, United were mediocre, with Ronaldo whining and diving all over the place I wished he could've gotten a Red card. I also thought that there was a no call penalty shot when carrick fell in the box and handled the ball during the first half. Anyway, Barca fully dissapointed me this season once again, I hope next season is different.

Here's to a good Champion League final!! Cheers!

Go Liverpool!
April 30, 2008 @ 03:56 PM
J.Huron

....the game also showed how ronaldo needs to develop a bit more espcially when facing a more contiental team tactics that a quality team that barca throws at him...

....As far as the game goes, United were mediocre, with Ronaldo whining and diving all over the place...

Both good points. Although I think Ronaldo is probably the best player in Europe considering his talent and age, I still think he has to learn to be a good ambassador for the game. Haha, not trying to sound self righteous or pompus..
But he has incredible vision,skill and talent and I think he should pack up all the moaning and focus on other things like developing himself further. But don't get me wrong, he is exceptionally good and he deserves all the success he gets.
April 30, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
CallumP

Pretty exciting game between Pool and chelsea, much more than I expected.

Oh well, Man utd vs Chelsea should be interesting
May 1, 2008 @ 07:32 AM
SK1

Let's go Chelsea!
May 1, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
Drebrooklyn

man u is going to whoop on chelsea...they won last weekend but you know on the final eveybody should be playing that night so i don't think chelsea can stop the machine
May 3, 2008 @ 06:24 AM
go0seMUFC

who wakes up this early to watch football?

3-1 @ halftime. Man Utd up of course. Fucking bullshit red card. It would have been fair if Neill got one too.
May 4, 2008 @ 02:45 PM
brewski

lets fucking go chelsea!

Please login first to reply.