Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 1, 2008 @ 05:42 AM
tomoffin

i dont think barcalona is going to win any hardware this season. i dont think they can beat man utd at all if they meet in the semis.

the team is not looking that great and this summer is going to be an overhaul. messi is starting to look very injury prone i love him as a player but take for instance ronaldo who plays in a much more physical league and is fouled more consistantly and more physically and hes holding up very well. dihio is leaving as is deco both have lost form and i dont think barca can get more than 25 million euros for the both of them. i dont think dos santos should be sold although i dont like how he plays going to the epl would be a nightmare hes not a physical type player. bojan looks very promising and happy to be at barca DONT SELL HIM. Henry still has the talent hes just playing out of position hes adapting and by next season i think hell be back on 20 goals type of season. eto looks like hes staying. i think barca needs help in the middle of the park and on the backline marquez dosent cut it. if were them id go after toullan, lahm, van der haart,lampard, podolski, and maybe lure pique back to the nou camp to replace marquez although that would go against barca policy.

^I also see Dinho leaving.. it's weird what has happened to him, maybe the pressure and expectations were too much.. Deco is also leaving for sure, there is no place for him in the squad with Iniesta prolly taking his place. I think DOs Santos should stay.. he was hyped a lot during preseason but he's still a kid and should be allowed to grow.. maybe but him out on loan to another La Liga team and watch him mature.
It also weird how Barca's backline has been leaking, cause they really have good defenders.. Puyol is worldclass and Milito was great in Zaragoza.. Maybe they just need some time to play together to form understanding. With Zambrotta leaving certainly, they need a rightback.. it might be Lahm but personally I would like to see Rafinha from Schalke replacing him.. he's a really talented player who also brings an attacking force. Barca needs anotehr attacking midfielder to compete with Iniesta and maybe a backup striker if Eto'o gets injured again..
Barca is a great team but maybe their tactics have become to obvious and too easy to defend against. A new coach, even though I like Rijkaard's style, might be the best option.

As for todays CL matches, I think Roma has a good change. Manu have been so brilliant recently but Olimpico isn't an easy place to visit.. If Roma can control the wingers on Manu, they can win. Barca will win 2-1 in Schalke.

Tomorrow, Arsenal will beat 'Pool and Chelski will win Fenerbache.
April 1, 2008 @ 05:35 PM
go0seMUFC

From what I saw in the Barca game against Betis (confused, they CANNOT beat Manchester United...EVER! We win double this season. GG.
April 1, 2008 @ 09:17 PM
IH8Fakes

Lets go Barca!
April 1, 2008 @ 10:23 PM
geturshineon

From what I saw in the Barca game against Betis (confused, they CANNOT beat Manchester United...EVER! We win double this season. GG.

i hope your right but, plz dont jinx it, i see them meeting in the semifinals and i cant get ahead of myself because there are no winners in football until that final whistle is blown.

btw, roma look defeated even before they stepped on the pitch today. no way they are coming back from this deficit.
April 2, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
tomoffin

Oh man did Roma suck yesterday. All of their last passes were terrible and their crosses were never hitting their target.. Manu didn't play well either but at least they scored from their chances..

And why oh why does C. Ronaldo have to be such a little bitch? Each time he fell to the ground he was dying and wavin his hands.. He's a great player but such a bitch.
April 2, 2008 @ 03:00 AM
nogi-drew

Oh man did Roma suck yesterday. All of their last passes were terrible and their crosses were never hitting their target.. Manu didn't play well either but at least they scored from their chances..

And why oh why does C. Ronaldo have to be such a little bitch? Each time he fell to the ground he was dying and wavin his hands.. He's a great player but such a bitch.

roma is out. crazy things happen but the way man u has been playing lately theyre the best team on the planet at the moment. as for ronaldos actions he acts when he hits ther ground but due to his skill nad play he gets beat up and rightfully so i played right back and if wingers were faster or did flair tricks id foul them to put them in place or cover myself. but he needs to get protected more and hes not the diver he used to be as his skill set has improved 100 fold. hes the shoe in for ballon d or this season. and the way they keep playing a league & old big ears are in the cards for man u.

and not to play soccer math but barcas form and liverpools recent record against man utd i see man utd going through to moscow and winning the cup. but crazy things can happen. and i love man utd 4-5-1 set up rooney is getting use to the lone role with england as well it can only help him. and with the wealth of midfielders: nani, giggs, scholes, park, hargreaves, anderson, fletcher, carrick the 4-5-1 makes sense considering how energetic tevez is off the bench.
April 2, 2008 @ 04:42 AM
go0seMUFC

i hope your right but, plz dont jinx it, i see them meeting in the semifinals and i cant get ahead of myself because there are no winners in football until that final whistle is blown.

btw, roma look defeated even before they stepped on the pitch today. no way they are coming back from this deficit.

i hoped for treble and we lose to porthmouth, what if we lose to schalke??!!?!?lulz...0_0
April 2, 2008 @ 05:41 AM
tomoffin

roma is out. crazy things happen but the way man u has been playing lately theyre the best team on the planet at the moment.

I have to admit, even if I don't like Manu, this is true. They have been playing superbly recently.. They have to be considered the clear favourites for winning the CL, but in football, nothing is never certain.

I', just wondering that why the hell did they buy Hargreaves, he cost like 18
April 2, 2008 @ 04:21 PM
CallumP

Man U 2-0 Roma
Barca 1-0 Schalke

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
Chelsea 1-2 Fenerbache

LOL at chelsea.. although they will probably win anyway. Man Utd are too good right now, better yet, RONALDO CAN NOT BE STOPPED. Man is the best player in the world, and could very well be the best player EVER.
April 2, 2008 @ 04:48 PM
geturshineon

^^ best in the world right now, very much so, but you're getting way ahead of yourself if you think he's the best ever. maybe when he's hung up his boots, this can be discussed. but best ever? c'mon now.
April 2, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
loop

Barcelona FTW!!

even if messi is injured
Bojan is doing great but Giovanni is not to far behind him
April 2, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
go0seMUFC

Even though it's quite obvoius that Ronaldo is on fire right now, we can easily say that he's the best player right now. Best in the world...in time. I just hope he extends his contract after 2012.
April 2, 2008 @ 11:21 PM
CallumP

Come on people, you have to be on some shit to think I literally meant hes the best ever right now. I meant if he continues this, there will be no questions asked, and no one can deny that. Man is a phenom.
April 2, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
nogi-drew

Even though it's quite obvoius that Ronaldo is on fire right now, we can easily say that he's the best player right now. Best in the world...in time. I just hope he extends his contract after 2012.

he just did an extention. and barring a meltdown at old trafford. i think well see him in the number 7 shirt for a while. fergie put faith in him and ronaldo has becks shoes to fill and hes already done it. the nucleus of the young team fergie has on his hands has amazing potential the club loves and caters to ronaldo so i dont see him leaving unhappy as a motive. even if fergie hangs it up and ronaldos still at the club quiroz will most likely take over hes portugese and as helped ronaldo the most at the club. the other canadates for fergies spot is sparky( a united legend), keane ( united legend and played with ronaldo). so the coaching and personnel i dont think will be a factor.

if anything it will be how he holds up to the hack a ronaldo he gets in the prem. and if the pace catches up to him. he loves united and i think is hellbent on eclipsing best in the eyes of united fans. hell have a hell of a chance on winning some UEFA tropies with this team. he will want to play in spain (which i think is his only option, italy is too slow, germany holland portugal not big enough) and i think in roughly 4-6 years real will come calling espcially if the trophy case at the bernabeu isnt adding new CL trophies. the transfer cry of can ronaldo save real madrid will be too enitcing and hell have done all he can in england move closer to home and try to help madrid.

roughly 27-28 leave for madrid and see out his career there or barca. much like his teammate figo.
April 3, 2008 @ 10:05 AM
go0seMUFC

^^ well put except he will end his career in MLS...lulz [i j0ke/]

edit.

i finally had time this morning to watch a spanish la liga game and i had to ask. WTF happend to Valencia? I heard about their team imploding after qique was fired or even before. I mean, they just got smashed at home by Mallorca.
April 8, 2008 @ 03:40 PM
geturshineon

what a fucking match that lfc/gooner match was!!! lfc are a completely different team in the cl, they fear no one..im happy for them
April 8, 2008 @ 06:29 PM
nogi-drew

im not an arsenal fan or liverpool fan but heres my opinion.

arsenal FIRE arsene wenger!!!!!!!!

your team is going trophyless due to your managers stubborn and arrogance not to buy or over pay players. if you want to win and compete with the pocketbooks of chelsea, liverpool or man united buy the superstars. as much as they are overpayed you need a ronaldo or torres or drogba. the beautiful football you play is nice to talk about but the emirates tropphy case is going to be empty cuz of this and the thin bench.

compare the benches of arsenal with chelsea, liverpool, and man united.

bendtner
walcott
hoyte
silva
van persie

pool:
babel
voronin
lucas
benayoun

ski:
belleti
sheva
anelka
alex
obi mikel

man united:
hargreaves
park
scholes
nani
tevez

looking at the other 3 of the big 4 you can see the drop off arsenal has from starting 11 to the bench. not to mention man has gaz and silvestre coming back to the bench. arsenal has the money they need depth and a go to guy( ala henry). wenger needs to swallow pride and look into english players more young and abgandor from aston villa would fit into his system and are young and talented. arsenal looked lost without rosicky, eduardo as options.
April 8, 2008 @ 08:58 PM
geturshineon

umm, not to defend arsenal, but didnt they have an undefeated season in 04/05 with practically the same type of bench as they do now?

arsenal pretty much had the premiership title in their hands this season. imo, they had used up all their energy at the beginning of the season and its now catching up to them as opposed to man utd who have maintained the same pace all year and are now reaching their peak when it matter most. that could be because of how young arsenal is, but calling for wenger's head is a little harsh.

but i definately agree they look lost without rosicky and eduardo.
April 8, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
nogi-drew

umm, not to defend arsenal, but didnt they have an undefeated season in 04/05 with practically the same type of bench as they do now?

arsenal pretty much had the premiership title in their hands this season. imo, they had used up all their energy at the beginning of the season and its now catching up to them as opposed to man utd who have maintained the same pace all year and are now reaching their peak when it matter most. that could be because of how young arsenal is, but calling for wenger's head is a little harsh.

but i definately agree they look lost without rosicky and eduardo.

i know your a soccer fan but comparing this team to the untouchables?

they had henry, bergkamp, pires, gallas, cole, and vieira. the staring 11 arsenal have now arent fit to tie any of those player boots just yet if ever. and if im not mistaken the only players still on arsenal from that team are fabregas, hoyte, almunia, jens. the rest were squadies or cup players. and the season they went undfeated was 03/04 chelsea won the premiership in 04/05.
April 8, 2008 @ 10:47 PM
geturshineon

very, very true. lol, im kinda ashamed of myself. i hardly remember anything that long ago. i never really cared for pires, and same goes with "cashely" but bergkamp, viera and henry are in a class of their own. with that said, i think hleb has the potential of being something along the lines of bergkamp, the partnership of ade, eduardo and rvp equal the worth of theirry and i honestly believe cesc is already as good as viera.

i just think you're being a little harsh on the critism of this very young arsenal team. had ryan babel not earned that penalty and gooners went on to win, we wouldnt be having this conversation and we'd probably be talking about how arsenal were going to beat chelsea.
April 9, 2008 @ 03:56 AM
tomoffin

I think that the reason for Arsenal's poor form is that they are lacking a player to support Adebayor in attack.. Eduardo is out, Van Persie still struggling for fitness and Bendtner just isn't capable.. Also with Rosicky out, they have even less attacking power.

Arsenal have a really young squad and I see them winning the PL, even the CL, in a few years when the younsters have further developed and matured..

It might not also be a bad idea to replace Wenger. He has done a terrific job in Arsenal, but a new coach could bring some new ideas. Plus I've never liked Wenger, always when Arsenal lost, he's complaining about referees, opposition, the pitch etc..
April 9, 2008 @ 03:46 PM
nogi-drew

you have to be critical of these young players at arsenal their coach put the pressure on them by clearing out the older players. and odnt feel sorry for them they play at arsenal where high expectations are supposed to be met. and EFF wenger hes my least favorite coach proly ever.

as for my united we looked great today especially hargreaves hell we bought him for the Cl and he showed up. his game is more tailored made for the european teams rather than the premiership. tevez had a peach of a gola anderson played well. good we rested ronaldo for arsenal on sunday. and seeing gaz back on the pitch made me choked up.

all i know is barca better be ready they havent looked good all season and united are peaking and are healthy should have vidic back altho pique looked a good replacement. and silvestre, gaz are back too.

still saying its going to be liverpool v man united final!
April 9, 2008 @ 05:57 PM
geturshineon

roma looked completely out of it without totti and oh man, what an epic fail from the penalty spot by di rossi bwahahaha!

but yes, hargreves was my motm today, worked his socks off on both sides of the ball and that cross on the goal was pure quality.

and good to see neville back, 13 months is a very long time away from 1st team football so i was extremely happy to have our captain back.

as for barca, without dinho and messi, i cant see them really posing any type of concern offensively other than henry and eto'o, who will probably get piss poor service from their midfield.

more focused on the weekend tho, it was good to rest ronaldo and rooney (somewhat). hopefully rio is 100% come the weekend.
April 10, 2008 @ 02:21 AM
tomoffin

as for barca, without dinho and messi, i cant see them really posing any type of concern offensively other than henry and eto'o, who will probably get piss poor service from their midfield.

Exactly Barca's problem. Its frustrating to see them play when they have all the players needed to achieve, but just cant create anything.. Maybe Iniesta and Xavi are too similar players to work together or something but they haven't really been creating chances this year. And with Messi out it's hard to see them really challenging Manu.

And what the hell is the problem with Barca's defense? You'd think that with Puyol, Milito, Zambrotta and Abidal, with Toure in front of them, they would be defensively solid, but no. Pisses me off to see such good players playing so badly together.
April 11, 2008 @ 03:43 AM
nogi-drew

Exactly Barca's problem. Its frustrating to see them play when they have all the players needed to achieve, but just cant create anything.. Maybe Iniesta and Xavi are too similar players to work together or something but they haven't really been creating chances this year. And with Messi out it's hard to see them really challenging Manu.

And what the hell is the problem with Barca's defense? You'd think that with Puyol, Milito, Zambrotta and Abidal, with Toure in front of them, they would be defensively solid, but no. Pisses me off to see such good players playing so badly together.

zambrotta is class but he looks like he dosent want to be there. hes gone for sure in the summer back to italy where his pace makes him impossible to lose. milito was a bit overrated coming to the nou camp but hes way better than marquez. abidal was a waste fo money as well as toure. puyol is class but with him being hurt marquez at the backline and having to deal with teve and rooney is a scary thought for barca. to me barca are still a team to be reckoned with its just riikaards tactics and the moral around the team is shit and they need an overhaul cuz i dont see the winning anything this season.

thy have the world class finishers they need a solid backline and a cm retainer that can carry the ball upfield and simply provide good service something deco and dinho used to do and dont anymore. without that messi and bojan up the flanks are the only problems for united and im sure with all the defenders healthy by the time they play fergie will have them collecting yellows in stopping those two. and hargreaves can man mark messi out of a game the way he played this week. and rios has had henrys number before. its just scary marquez and mlitio will have their hands full with the runs of ronaldo, tevez, and rooney i think only zambrotta has the pace to keep up with any of those 3.
April 11, 2008 @ 04:56 AM
tomoffin

^didnt watch the manu game this week, but I understood that Hargreaves was playing in a more attacking position, so I doubt he'll be marking Messi who will anyhow be playing on the flanks.. I think that Manu can have problems on their right side of the defense as either Brown or Neville isn't capable whoever Rijkaard places on the left wing..

I have to disagree on Abidal a bit.. he was really good during the start of the season but now he, just like the whole team except for Bojan, hasn't been playing well.. there's so many rumors about the club at the moment that it must be hard for the players to concentrate. The biggest thing is anyhow that they have too much skill to be a balanced team, everyone is so concentrated on attacking and playing the beautiful game that they aren't getting results.

The key to this tie in my books will be how and if Ronaldo will be stopped.. Puyol can handle any striker he is put against, but I doubt that in current form, either Zambrotta or Abidal is capable of doing the same to Ronaldo.

I hope that Chelsea goes to the Final.. After 'Pool is dropped, I'm eagerly waiting to see what excyses Benitez figures this time.
April 11, 2008 @ 05:42 PM
flex_flEx

best ever my dick, Maradona Cruyff and a shitload of other players were better man, its not like football was invented 10 years ago
April 11, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
geturshineon

^didnt watch the manu game this week, but I understood that Hargreaves was playing in a more attacking position, so I doubt he'll be marking Messi who will anyhow be playing on the flanks.. I think that Manu can have problems on their right side of the defense as either Brown or Neville isn't capable whoever Rijkaard places on the left wing..

I have to disagree on Abidal a bit.. he was really good during the start of the season but now he, just like the whole team except for Bojan, hasn't been playing well.. there's so many rumors about the club at the moment that it must be hard for the players to concentrate. The biggest thing is anyhow that they have too much skill to be a balanced team, everyone is so concentrated on attacking and playing the beautiful game that they aren't getting results.

The key to this tie in my books will be how and if Ronaldo will be stopped.. Puyol can handle any striker he is put against, but I doubt that in current form, either Zambrotta or Abidal is capable of doing the same to Ronaldo.

I hope that Chelsea goes to the Final.. After 'Pool is dropped, I'm eagerly waiting to see what excyses Benitez figures this time.

i dont think messi will be at 100% for the first leg at least, i didnt think he'd be back so soon after that injury..and i cant believe you are sleeping on gary neville, wes brown sure, but not gaz. he's had harder opponents he's had to defend than what he will face against barca, unless its messi.

and if there was a team who didnt deserve to make it to the final, it would have to be chelsea..they've done nothing special throughout the cl and they've had the easiest route to get to the final. if they beat lfc, whose only goal is now the cl, i'd probably vomit.
April 11, 2008 @ 06:51 PM
simpleton7890

firstly, i am a longtime stretford end season ticket holder, went to the roma game, going to the barcelona game and hopefully going to moscow. secondly, i have read about the past 10 pages of this and its the most ridiculous footballing conversations i have ever read, this is a poor forum to get any kind of sense from regarding football. thirdly, dont call it soccer.

ok, stfu about ronaldo. united proved against roma they are not a one man show. uniteds success against barca will not depend on one mans performance. having said that, i do agree he is the best player in the world right now. however, he will never be the best ever. not even the best ever number 7. cantona takes care of that.

uniteds midfield is outstanding with or with ronaldo. giggs hargreaves scholes ronaldo with rooney pushing up would be my choice. now worst comes to worst, put the fuckin superstar names aside and united still have a formidable field that barca will not be able to touch. nani and anderson as subs takes care of any problems. anderson i believe is one of the best in the world, he is actualy my favourite player at united.

further back we have rio, evra, wesley brown, pique and at some point vidic. this is the strongest defence in the world. wes brown is a class defender, home grown talent and people love to hate him. hes not afraid to make a tackle and will happily break henrys legs.

barca pose a threat to united however, realisticaly this is uniteds year. the current line up is probably the strongest team in the world, obviously this is biased but few diasagree. i believe it to exceed both the busby babes team and the 1999 trebble team and certainly have the means to aquire glory this year. messi out, ronaldinho out, unlucky but i would actualy rather both be in, just so people cannot blame their abscence for united trashin them over!!
April 11, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
geturshineon

neither the premiership nor the champions league is over, and you're already claiming that this is the best utd team out of all those past teams you named??? smh.

and yes, cantona will always be king.

Please login first to reply.