FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
February 24, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
nogi-drew

i hope eduardo heals up fine. but that type of injury i dont think hell be 100% ever again at least football wise.

if my teammate was tackled like that i would have stomped on the birmingham player red card me suspend me someone should have at least got in his face. accidents happen on the pitch but to tackle in midfield like that and so high is stupid after all its a league game! not a fa cup final uefa cup or Cl match.
February 25, 2008 @ 04:22 AM
tomoffin

^for sure. someone should have kicked taylor's ass after that. no matter if it was a complete accident but you just shouldn't tackle that hard and high..

one of the worst injuries i've seen. makes me sick everytime i see the pics..

on a sidenote, Real Madrid somehow managed to lose against Getafe after a weird goal and now lead Barca by only 2 points. Barca FTW!
February 25, 2008 @ 04:51 PM
go0seMUFC

^yeah, I saw that. Real celebrates a goal that was voided by the ref. Getafe proceed to a quick restart and score. Owned.
February 25, 2008 @ 06:35 PM
btwnthemtns

^^haha yeah, that was hilarious. The look on Gago, and Robben's face was priceless.

Let's hope Eduardo can return, but with an awful injury like that it might not happen.

"Como no me he preocupado de nacer, no me preocupo de morir."

February 25, 2008 @ 09:49 PM
geturshineon

^^i think he can, perfect examples of such comebacks are henrik larsson, kieron dyer and dijbril cisse.

wenger is right, that dude should be banned for such a horrible tackle.
February 26, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
ohthatkid?

^no he shouldn't get banned... thats unreasonable.
he got his red card he deserved will sit out a match or two or three and thats it.
breaking eduardo's leg was completely unfortunate and it was not a malicious tackle to consider him being banned for life thats just stupid... im not saying what he did was right, but it was a late tackle and watch the replays over and over and you'll see it was a late tackle, he got the red he deserved and period.
February 26, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
geturshineon

^^roy keane in 02 got a 5 match ban and a 150,000 pound fine for a tackle almost as bad on the one on the weekend. the strict fa will come down on taylor hard imo.
February 26, 2008 @ 08:42 PM
btwnthemtns

Did Taylor apologize?

"Como no me he preocupado de nacer, no me preocupo de morir."

February 26, 2008 @ 09:19 PM
magneticman

use the football thread you gays razz

that didn't happen in the CL

oh, coys
February 28, 2008 @ 04:37 PM
ohthatkid?

Get the thread back on track. What are you predictions on who you think will go through in the Champions League. Here's mine...

Schalke v. Porto
Roma v. Real Madrid
Olympiakos v. Chelsea
Liverpool v. Inter Milan .... as much as i hate to say liverpool wins sad
Barcelona v. Celtic
Lyon v. Manchester United
Fenerbache v. Sevilla
Arsenal v. Milan
February 28, 2008 @ 06:41 PM
geturshineon

schalke- germans will bunker away from home and preserve their agg. score

lfc- have totally dominated milan, they show no fear against any team in the cl, they transform into a different team in the cl imo

real- even though momentum is with the italians, the away goal will put them through

barca- too much class for celtic

man utd- thank God for that away goal, we will dominate them at old trafford

arsenal- the momentum from the 1st leg is with the gooners, they should of won at home, but all they need is 1 goal and its over cause pirlo, kaka and pato havent been able to do anything.

sevilla- aggregate score will come into play in this match
February 28, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
go0seMUFC

I wanna start discussing next rounds potential pairings. Before I do that though, predictions

Manchester United FC
Liverpool FC
Chelsea FC
AC Milan
FC Barcelona
Real Madrid FC
Schalke
Sevilla FC

Potential for Spain/England matches. I wouldn't mind seeing as how Barca/Arsenal from '06 final didn't count IMHO. I just wanna see Man U knockout Real/Barca and shut all the ignorant cock riders up! Also revenge for a couple of years back. This is the new golden age. I also wanna see Heinze get boo'd at. How could the fucker make an attempt to go to Liverpool. Fuck that nagger!
February 29, 2008 @ 12:02 AM
geturshineon

^^because heinze is an argie, thats why.

and yup, i remember that cl against real in the 03/04 season i think, ronaldo scored 2 goals at old trafford, and sir alex had benched david beckham, then in the second leg becks came on late as a sub and scored 2 goals i believe, one from an amazing fk and 1 in open play and real went on with like a 5-6 aggregate score or something along those lines. very frustrating cl season that year for me.
February 29, 2008 @ 05:16 AM
nogi-drew

^^because heinze is an argie, thats why.

and yup, i remember that cl against real in the 03/04 season i think, ronaldo scored 2 goals at old trafford, and sir alex had benched david beckham, then in the second leg becks came on late as a sub and scored 2 goals i believe, one from an amazing fk and 1 in open play and real went on with like a 5-6 aggregate score or something along those lines. very frustrating cl season that year for me.

my opinion but SAF ha sent some very good players go : hughes,ince, alexis, keane, ruud, stam but as bad as ruuds breakup with man uts was painful to watch becks was in the limelight. we saw the treble magic fade with becks fallin out then leaving.

we got ronaldo but i think with ruud and becks we could have won another champions league and had becks leave gracefully after it making way for ronaldo.
February 29, 2008 @ 10:28 AM
ohthatkid?

i never thought beckham was all that great... just like george best said..."He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.">sad
February 29, 2008 @ 06:36 PM
geturshineon

^^well, cant really argue with george best, but david beckham wasnt england captain and in the running for fifa world player of the year a couple years ago for nothing..i feel that he single handedly took us to the world cup in 2002 with that amazing performance against greece in that qualifier at old trafford..

over hyped? very much so. bad footballer? far from it.
March 2, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
go0seMUFC

Good arguments and statements. It would have been great to see another European Championship for Man U. That's what sets all the spanish teams apart I think. In due time though. As for the present, a rested Man U at home seems unstopabble. Arsenal just keeps slipping and that perfect season has once again fallen apart. Don't count out Chelsea out of Premiership or UCL. They still got Arsenal and Man U @ Stamford Bridge.
March 2, 2008 @ 08:53 AM
geturshineon

Good arguments and statements. It would have been great to see another European Championship for Man U. That's what sets all the spanish teams apart I think. In due time though. As for the present, a rested Man U at home seems unstopabble. Arsenal just keeps slipping and that perfect season has once again fallen apart. Don't count out Chelsea out of Premiership or UCL. They still got Arsenal and Man U @ Stamford Bridge.

yup, i expect utd to dominate lyon in april..and i think i've said this before but arsenal lack in experience, which is why i feel they can't finish the season strong. however, it will still be a sprint to the finish line these last 10 games in the prem. i think avram grant fucking blew it last week in the cl by benching john terry and lampard, they looked so lost out there lol. hopefully he continues to pull that type of shit when we play them and he should be a easy path to the title/cl final. (crossing fingers)
March 2, 2008 @ 04:49 PM
nogi-drew

yup, i expect utd to dominate lyon in april..and i think i've said this before but arsenal lack in experience, which is why i feel they can't finish the season strong. however, it will still be a sprint to the finish line these last 10 games in the prem. i think avram grant fucking blew it last week in the cl by benching john terry and lampard, they looked so lost out there lol. hopefully he continues to pull that type of shit when we play them and he should be a easy path to the title/cl final. (crossing fingers)

i dont like chelsea but the only thing stopping them from winning the prem and eventually the CL is coaching they have the talent. i think after euro 2008 which is van bastans last tounrey with holland well see him @ chelski. espeically with ten cate as assistant coach and grant will move up stairs.
March 4, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
go0seMUFC

today's the day man u advances to the top 8. i hope i don't hav to take those words back.
March 4, 2008 @ 10:04 AM
geturshineon

^^man, i hope you are right..i always get really nervous on these types of days. i know utd are playing at the theatre of dreams, they have the precious away goal, but i can't help to be nervous lol. c'mon united!
March 4, 2008 @ 12:15 PM
Fares

today's the day man u advances to the top 8. i hope i don't hav to take those words back.

Yup same here, it will hopefully be a good game if utd go out I would be seriously gutted.. But they won't the form of the players is too good right now, this is our season!
March 4, 2008 @ 02:35 PM
go0seMUFC

It's halftime. I was getting worried but as always, Ronaldo pulled through. Many passes weren't going through until the end. Lyon has had some surprising opportunities from a counter-attack but eh. Evra is doing an excellent job recovering and even centering. Playing good like always. Vidic seems to be playing on point covering Benzema and keeping him in his place.

Fulltime. United go through. So many wasted opportunities. No cross was succesful. Rooney was so frustrated after the last opportunity he had. I honestly expected a smashing of some sort but Lyon held its ground and even created several opportunities. I heard Arsenal went through. That's frustrating, we lose to them last year just so Arsenal can outplay them. Fuck that, they did us the favor of knocking out one of the 3 strongest and they will lose it to us.
March 4, 2008 @ 03:45 PM
chinst09

YES! Really happy Arsenal went through! I'd say a convincing 2-0 victory! Go Cesc!
March 4, 2008 @ 03:56 PM
geturshineon

Fulltime. United go through. So many wasted opportunities. No cross was succesful. Rooney was so frustrated after the last opportunity he had. I honestly expected a smashing of some sort but Lyon held its ground and even created several opportunities. I heard Arsenal went through. That's frustrating, we lose to them last year just so Arsenal can outplay them. Fuck that, they did us the favor of knocking out one of the 3 strongest and they will lose it to us.

i was expecting complete domination too, but a win's a win in the cl..glad we are through. i actually watched the gooners impressive win while watching the utd gamecast..how did you get the utd match???

anyway, im happy that the english sides are holding it down, arsenal looked really good shutting down kaka for the most part but more so pirlo who i think their most valuable player and cesc looks more and more like a leader everytime i watch them, what a goal he had. hleb who is a favorite of mine played well too. to knock out the defending champs is impressive, but i expect the same result we had the last time we played them in the fa cup.

boy, how pissed im going to be if we get drawn with the gooners again.

holy shit, did anyone see the sevilla left footed rocket?!?! insane.
March 4, 2008 @ 05:49 PM
nogi-drew

if we can finally find out best XI and stay healthy man united will win the CL.

especially if messi is out for barca. real look to have hit a bump. roma i cant take seriously, sevilla scares me a bit on the wings. chelsea is a mess and liverpool wont make it into the semis.

barca is the only threat and if messi is out i think we have a good chance.
March 5, 2008 @ 12:22 AM
go0seMUFC

we obv. smashing arsenal @ old trafford for epl. we WOULD obv. smash arsenal @ emirates if drawn for the champions league. i don't think they can be drawn yet though. btw, king cantona has our backs.

as for the person who asked how i saw the game. setanta showed the game.
March 5, 2008 @ 03:28 AM
tomoffin

YES! Really happy Arsenal went through! I'd say a convincing 2-0 victory! Go Cesc!

Yep, they fully deserved the win. Milan wasn't playing well at all. There was no creativity in their play, always seemed like they had 7 players under the ball and trying to play long-ball to their strikers who were up against 4 defendeds.. poor showing, once again.sad I hoped that Milan would've succeeded in CL again this year, but after the first leg it was quite obvious that they just weren't capable of doing so..

Hopefully they will now realize that they have to invest heavily in their team for the next season. We need a good GK (Amelia or Frey), some wide defenders (Zambrotta), a centreback (hopefully Zapata), an attacking midfielder and a world-class striker (Benzema or Amauri). Milan should get rid off the old guys who clearly cannot play in a team like Milan, and Gilardino as well.. We'll have to see how much money Berlusconi is willing to invest in order to make Milan competitive domestically and in CL.. Hopefully a lot!
March 5, 2008 @ 04:02 AM
tomoffin

^I think Ancelotti is a good coach and he shouldn't be fired..

Galliani and Berlusconi should just wake up and realize that they need young players who can play two times a week the whole season, and not older guys who can barely play a game a week! Experience is a good thing, but being too old isn't..
March 5, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
geturshineon

Hopefully they will now realize that they have to invest heavily in their team for the next season. We need a good GK (Amelia or Frey), some wide defenders (Zambrotta), a centreback (hopefully Zapata), an attacking midfielder and a world-class striker (Benzema or Amauri). Milan should get rid off the old guys who clearly cannot play in a team like Milan, and Gilardino as well.. We'll have to see how much money Berlusconi is willing to invest in order to make Milan competitive domestically and in CL.. Hopefully a lot!

well said, but that's a shitload of money berlusconi will be forking out this summer if you want all those players. and good choice on benzema, that guy is so good its scary, definately the hottest striker on the market. any club would get a serious boost offensively if he joins there starting XI.

Please login first to reply.