Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
February 16, 2008 @ 04:18 PM
geturshineon

utd simply outclassed the gooners in all aspects of the game, however, they were missing what looked like their entire team lol..www.arsenal.com/injury.asp?thisNav=First+Team&Title=Injury+News
February 16, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
ohthatkid?

^^ not really

arsenal roster for the game : Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas (Flamini 70), Silva, Hleb (Adebayor 70), Eduardo (Senderos 71), Bendtner.
Subs Not Used: Fabianski, Clichy

playing hleb, gallas, eduardo, toure, eboue, fabregas.... you cant give excuses as if arsenal didnt play any of their star players.
February 16, 2008 @ 09:24 PM
DE LUCKS

manchester united 4-0 arsenal&). thats all i have to say.

btw lehmann showing why he should be out there instead of almunia haha >sad

hah are you kiding lehmann can suck itttt
February 16, 2008 @ 09:50 PM
flex_flEx

^^ not really

arsenal roster for the game : Lehmann, Justin Hoyte, Gallas, Toure, Traore, Eboue, Fabregas (Flamini 70), Silva, Hleb (Adebayor 70), Eduardo (Senderos 71), Bendtner.

playing hleb, gallas, eduardo, toure, eboue, fabregas.... you cant give excuses as if arsenal didnt play any of their star players.

almunia
(out)
sagna---toure---gallas--clichy
(out) (out)

flamini--fabregas
(they didnt play together)

Rosicky-------------Hleb
(out)
Adebayor----Eduerdo
(in after 70min)

they played Hoyte and Traore wich both are under 22 and sucks atm

Gilberto razz

Bendterconfused

and Eboue

if you watched the game you can see that most of the gols came from the side of Hoyte, damn that guy suck, hope Sagna returns for the Milan clash
February 16, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
geturshineon

^^ not really

that gooners injury report showed more than half of their team, cmon now. i can honestly say we did not face a full strength arsenal squad today. im not trying to defend them, seeing how im red devil myself, but you cant say we played the arsenal that is atop of the prem right now.
February 17, 2008 @ 01:24 AM
go0seMUFC

can we say cristiano ronaldo didn't play? honestly, arsenal was lucky it was only 4 goals.
February 17, 2008 @ 08:30 AM
geturshineon

can we say cristiano ronaldo didn't play? honestly, arsenal was lucky it was only 4 goals.

they really were fortunate, they were completely dominated. however, man utd can definately manage without ronaldo, if you take out even 2 of arsenal's young squad, they are pretty much done for. they have no depth, and havent had any since they last won the prem in 04/05, thats definately been their downfall, they always start out great when the season starts but as it wears on, the man utd's, who are more experienced eventually over take them in the league.
February 17, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
ohthatkid?

hah are you kiding lehmann can suck itttt

i was sarcastic.
February 18, 2008 @ 04:07 PM
go0seMUFC

FA Cup draw was pretty decent. Man U vs. pompey. Champions League begins this weekend. Very excited to see Man Utd back in the European scene coming from a massive win while Lyon just came from a loss against bottom side Lens.
February 19, 2008 @ 03:37 PM
geturshineon

what a goal from stevie gerrard, best central midfielder in england imo. had lfc managed to not score a goal with being a man up, i would of lol'd for days. lfc transform into a different team when it comes to the CL.
February 20, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
nogi-drew

what a goal from stevie gerrard, best central midfielder in england imo. had lfc managed to not score a goal with being a man up, i would of lol'd for days. lfc transform into a different team when it comes to the CL.

your wrong.

stevie will never i repeat never be the best english midfielder while scholesy is still on the pitch!
February 20, 2008 @ 08:26 AM
geturshineon

your wrong.

stevie will never i repeat never be the best english midfielder while scholesy is still on the pitch!

oh my mistake, you are sooo right..stevie could never put the entire lfc team on his back in a champions league final whilst being 3-0 down at halftime to ac milan to come back and win it...oh wait, he did.

scholesy's what? 33 now on 34 in november of this year?? when's the last time he played for england? like euro 2004? hell, hes not even the best central midfielder on man utd in his best days, that award would go to keano. i love scholesy as much as the next person and have been a utd fan for over 10 years now, but steven gerrard IS the best central midfielder in england and arguably the world.
February 20, 2008 @ 02:05 PM
chinst09

let's go arsenal!
February 20, 2008 @ 02:27 PM
ohthatkid?

oh my mistake, you are sooo right..stevie could never put the entire lfc team on his back in a champions league final whilst being 3-0 down at halftime to ac milan to come back and win it...oh wait, he did.

scholesy's what? 33 now on 34 in november of this year?? when's the last time he played for england? like euro 2004? hell, hes not even the best central midfielder on man utd in his best days, that award would go to keano. i love scholesy as much as the next person and have been a utd fan for over 10 years now, but steven gerrard IS the best central midfielder in england and arguably the world.

agreed with you, untild you said "...the world"
February 20, 2008 @ 03:18 PM
geturshineon

agreed with you, untild you said "...the world"

yeah, i said arguably, but i am a little bias towards gerrard, ive been a fan of him since he started at lfc, hes like the one of the non-utd players i like in the prem, along with cesc fabregas. andrea pirlo i think is the best central mf in the world imo. i think gerrard is on his way tho, he tackles amazingly, can pretty much pick any player out with a pass from anywhere on the pitch, he takes the game by the scruff of the neck at will, and hes got heart, you can tell that everytime he steps on the pitch. no homo btw.

anyway, arsenal is dominating ac milan right now, why do the italian teams seem to have trouble with the english teams??
February 20, 2008 @ 03:21 PM
go0seMUFC

I was watching the Man U/Lyon game at work, then had to go get ready for school. Fuck Lyon. United obv. deserves the goal with all the pressure they're putting in.

Fuck yeah! Tevez when needed.
February 20, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
geturshineon

Fuck yeah! Tevez when needed.

thank God, been reading the gamecast, couldnt be happier.

EDIT: that away goal will put us through into the next round.
February 20, 2008 @ 04:33 PM
nogi-drew

how can you call yourself a man utd fan if you like liverpool....?

thas like saying your a real madrid fan and a barcalona fan!

im not going to bag on keano he was and is my favorite player of all time but in the long term scholes out lasted him due to playing styles. as for scholes on international duty he quit due to poor management which i cant blame him he was put out of position due to lampard and gerrard playing in the middle and look @ england with them in the middle THEY SUCK! gerrard is a good player but hes much like lampard in that hes a midfielder who simply touches the ball then runs off into space for a shot. scholes has a skill in that he is a ball retainer he knows how to dictate pace and tempo of the game despite lacking any real quality physical attributes.

if you want to compare numbers or stats:

scholes: 7 prem titles 3 fa cups a champions league.
gerrard: no prem 2 fa cups 1 uefa 1 champions league

and scholes is a true midfielder unselfish and distributes the ball. gerrard loves to make runs and score goals which helps his team at times but in the middle of the pitch its obvious liverpool need much more ball distrubution.

and o yea stevies lost the last 4 derby matches against united!
February 20, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
geturshineon

^^^^when did i say i liked lfc??? so since im a man utd fan, i cant like any other players in the world except for them?? that would make me a "homer" which i am far from it. i respect the game that ive played for nearly my entire life, including a year of division 1 college soccer. i also like cesc fabregas, does that make me a gooner now too? i like andrea pirlo as well, does that make me a ac milan fan too??? now, if i liked a man city player, then i wouldnt consider myself a utd fan.

scholes has outlasted roy keane not because of playing styles, keano was nearly 40 years of age!!! no one over 35 should be playing high class football anywhere in the world, and yes that includes maldini and anyone else.

comparing stevie g to fat frank?!?! please, lamps is no where near the tackler gerrard is and lamps has about a tenth of the pace that stevie has, unless its a race to the nearest meat pie stand. stevie has put his club on his back on numerous occasions, i cant say the same for lamps. lfc are fine in the ball distributing department, gerrard can pick out any player on the pitch from anywhere and the same goes for xaxi alonso. their problem is up front, they cant score in prem matches it seems. gerrard can take the game by the scruff of the neck at any time, he's a born leader and it shows every time he steps on the pitch. im not trying to knock scholesy at all, they are very similar its just gerrard is better in all aspects, he is bigger, stronger in tackles, passing, and gerrard can cover 10x the amount of the field that scholes can in 90 mins.

england sucked because of steve mcclaren and at some points sven goran erikkson, their former managers, anyone who knows english football will tell you that. mcclaren was and still is a kook.

comparing winning stats is absurd because we all know it takes 11 players to win a football match, its not gerrard's fault that man utd have been the better team. as much i hate to say it, gerrard deserves a premiership title.

and finally, eric cantona is my fav utd player, he is the best man utd player of all time. oooh ahhh cantona!!!
February 20, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
nogi-drew

^^^^when did i say i liked lfc??? so since im a man utd fan, i cant like any other players in the world except for them?? that would make me a "homer" which i am far from it. i respect the game that ive played for nearly my entire life, including a year of division 1 college soccer. i also like cesc fabregas, does that make me a gooner now too? i like andrea pirlo as well, does that make me a ac milan fan too??? now, if i liked a man city player, then i wouldnt consider myself a utd fan.

scholes has outlasted roy keane not because of playing styles, keano was nearly 40 years of age!!! no one over 35 should be playing high class football anywhere in the world, and yes that includes maldini and anyone else.

comparing stevie g to fat frank?!?! please, lamps is no where near the tackler gerrard is and lamps has about a tenth of the pace that stevie has, unless its a race to the nearest meat pie stand. stevie has put his club on his back on numerous occasions, i cant say the same for lamps. lfc are fine in the ball distributing department, gerrard can pick out any player on the pitch from anywhere and the same goes for xaxi alonso. their problem is up front, they cant score in prem matches it seems. gerrard can take the game by the scruff of the neck at any time, he's a born leader and it shows every time he steps on the pitch. im not trying to knock scholesy at all, they are very similar its just gerrard is better in all aspects, he is bigger, stronger in tackles, passing, and gerrard can cover 10x the amount of the field that scholes can in 90 mins.

england sucked because of steve mcclaren and at some points sven goran erikkson, their former managers, anyone who knows english football will tell you that. mcclaren was and still is a kook.

comparing winning stats is absurd because we all know it takes 11 players to win a football match, its not gerrard's fault that man utd have been the better team. as much i hate to say it, gerrard deserves a premiership title.

and finally, eric cantona is my fav utd player, he is the best man utd player of all time. oooh ahhh cantona!!!

im trying not to knock stevie hes a good player but he is a scouser. him & frank lamps are very similar players if you played soccer youd know this although stieve is more of a box to box cm. as for keano he retired @ 34 due to a hip problem which was due to his playing style. i love keano like i said.

scholesy was thrown to the right in euro 2004 to compensate for lamps and steive in the middle and we all know how that turned out. steive is better on the flank for england. as for gerrard he has put lfc on his back at times but then again isnt that what a youth academy player turned captain is supposed to do? and finishoing wise gerrard has had owen, heskey, fowler, and finally torres. hes had his number of srikers maybe not on par with ruud, rooney but scholesy had sheringham, saha, cole, not exactly world class the latter were.

as for cantona hes the king but man utd players id have to go with:

1.charlton
2. best
3. robson
4. hughes
5.keano
6. cantona
7. giggs
8. scholes
9. beckham
10. schmeical
February 20, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
magneticman

have to feel a bit sorry for celtic..

tevez scoring late securing a draw, deja vu...

spurs had man u beat btw
February 20, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
geturshineon

im trying not to knock stevie hes a good player but he is a scouser. him & frank lamps are very similar players if you played soccer youd know this although stieve is more of a box to box cm. as for keano he retired @ 34 due to a hip problem which was due to his playing style. i love keano like i said.

scholesy was thrown to the right in euro 2004 to compensate for lamps and steive in the middle and we all know how that turned out. steive is better on the flank for england. as for gerrard he has put lfc on his back at times but then again isnt that what a youth academy player turned captain is supposed to do? and finishoing wise gerrard has had owen, heskey, fowler, and finally torres. hes had his number of srikers maybe not on par with ruud, rooney but scholesy had sheringham, saha, cole, not exactly world class the latter were.

as for cantona hes the king but man utd players id have to go with:

1.charlton
2. best
3. robson
4. hughes
5.keano
6. cantona
7. giggs
8. scholes
9. beckham
10. schmeical

agree with everything you just said. i have never liked fat frank, and i think the only similarity they have is they have a knack for scoring goals. stevie blows lamps out of the water in every aspect of the game, lamps is so slow and doesnt get stuck in imo. i know you remember owen's little slump towards the end of his lfc days and hes always needed a supporting striker too, but hes come through when they needed him the most and when we needed him for eng. we've always had amazing strikers who could score at will, you forgot to mention dwight yorke as well. gerrard is pretty much everything i would want in a center midfielder. i thought he would be best out wide for eng, but now with aaron lennon, jermaine pennant (who is a kook imo, but is a hell of crosser of the ball), and of course the reemergance of becks, he should be in the middle. ive always felt lamps should be dropped from the starting XI, he cant hack it at the international level, and put gerrard and hargreves in the middle.

i think you have to put king cantona higher, i feel he was the catalyst to utd's revival as premiership powerhouse in the 90's.

and mag, i feel for celtic, they played their hearts out and really took it to barca, they have a huge mountain to climb in the 2nd leg.
February 21, 2008 @ 01:32 PM
dlingrv

damn it i wanted celtic to win soooo bad....
February 21, 2008 @ 03:56 PM
ohthatkid?

^only got to watch the first half of that game so i thought celtic were on their way to a memorable win, but i mean barcelona clearly stepped up their class and took it.

didnt get to see the man utd / lyon game, but how did the game go as far as the better team and more deserving. being a man utd fan im satisfied with a 1-1 especially with that away goal.

lastly, i got really dissapointed by the ac milan / arsenal match. i thought it was going to be back and forth beautiful footy with kaka and pato on milan and then arsenal with their flowing footy....razz
February 21, 2008 @ 04:11 PM
IH8Fakes

Barcelona vs. Celtic was a great match. Messi always steps up for us when it counts. smile
February 21, 2008 @ 05:29 PM
ohthatkid?

i fuckin love messi, pretty much the only reason i went to the barca v red bull game a year ago i think. hes just sooo fuckin good and the fact that he had a growth problem and might not have even played pro is amazing
February 24, 2008 @ 05:11 AM
father ted

Not Champions League related, but did anyone see Arsenal player Eduardo breaking his leg yesterday against Birmingham?
You can see his leg bone busting out through his skin and out through his sock!
A terrible looking injury - i just hope it dosent end his playing days!
February 24, 2008 @ 09:38 AM
magneticman

February 24, 2008 @ 07:28 PM
go0seMUFC

That was pretty disgusting. Hope he heals for the sake of footbal. Very fortunate that Arsenal drew as Manchester got 3 points behind them.
February 24, 2008 @ 08:38 PM
ohthatkid?

very sad day when i heard about eduardo. kinda covered up the 5-1 thrashing of newcastle.

how was the the aresnal game tho. was the 2-2 draw a fair result?

Please login first to reply.