FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 16, 2007 @ 11:31 PM
Like_Clockwork

so my knees are really fucked up from skating and like the doctor just said it was a bruise and i had weak quads so like do toe raises and dont lift weights, he said it breaks down cartilage isnt that a myth though but im not saying it is cuz hes a doctor. any advice?
September 17, 2007 @ 12:30 AM
PAVED

I'd take his advice. He didn't go to 8+ years of extra schooling for nothing.
September 17, 2007 @ 05:28 PM
Like_Clockwork

alright thanks anyone else
September 18, 2007 @ 10:33 AM
TheFly

I dont know if it breaks down cartilage, but if you're worried about that, try taking some Glucosamine and Chondroitin. That will help build up and regenerate some cartilage.
September 18, 2007 @ 11:08 AM
jaymucks

I have shitty knees......tore my meniscus from a wrestling competition..and now it aint the same. I take Glucosamine/Chondroitin...but it's still weak. Gonna take 1 year off..just to see if it'll heal itself. Obviously i'll be strengthening my knees by going to the gym and doing light-medium leg exercises. But yeah, an injury to the knees sucks BIG time. take care of them lol
September 18, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
focus

hit the gym lightly?
September 20, 2007 @ 11:37 PM
Like_Clockwork

thanks everybody
September 22, 2007 @ 05:45 AM
JoHnFLeM

Also losing a little weight helps out alot also. Dont worry im not calling you a fatso or nothing like that. Its just that if you are having this constant problem then it could be 'lighten up' a bit by shedding off a couple of pounds. This would relieve some of the pressure on your lower body.
September 26, 2007 @ 02:40 PM
Stuntastic14

Also losing a little weight helps out alot also. Dont worry im not calling you a fatso or nothing like that. Its just that if you are having this constant problem then it could be 'lighten up' a bit by shedding off a couple of pounds. This would relieve some of the pressure on your lower body.

True.

Ive had weak knees during my Karate competition years, but made them slightly stronger when I started riding fixed gear. Of course as everyone knows, fixed gear bikes arent the best for your knees.

I dont have the strongest legs, before I couldnt leg press for shit.
Rode fixed gear for a while, went to my bros gym while I was away, and was able to hit 600. Not that much, but from nothing to THAT, is pretty good.
IMO anyways.

But now my knees are fine. Feels like I might dislocate it a few times, but other than that, they dont hurt me after long bike rides or anything.
Ride a bike, not a fixed gear, but a bike in general.
September 26, 2007 @ 02:47 PM

Inactive

I dont know if it breaks down cartilage, but if you're worried about that, try taking some Glucosamine and Chondroitin. That will help build up and regenerate some cartilage.

Great advice man.
I got a horseshoe tear in my menisucs a few years back, and I was immediatley told to get surgery by some of the top surgeons in New York.
My dad who is really into homeopathy put me on Glucosamine, Chondroitin and some other herbal stuff and my knee naturally healed itself.

Jaymucks, keep taking that stuff. It works. It just takes time.
My docs said not to walk or strain my knee too much, but for me mobility actually helped my knee heal faster.

Stuntastic, if you really want some stuff to help strengthen your knees I could ask my dad what else you can take if your interested.
September 26, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
Stuntastic14

Thanks man. I have no problems, just a few lil stings here and there, but Im fine.

Please login first to reply.