Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 16, 2007 @ 12:51 AM
D0PE

Im looking into getting into shape and gaining weight. Its kind of hard with school interfering so is there any workout plan you all would recommend that will work around school? Also any supplements that will help weight mass?
September 17, 2007 @ 11:38 AM
PAVED

Creatine will get you humongo...

As for a work out plan, I used to hit the gym around 3-4 times a week. I didn't like going at night because I had a tough time falling asleep. Your blood gets flowing so you get pumped up... just a thought. I hit back/bi, chest/tri, legs, shoulders. For big muscle groups, I did 4-5 diff. exercises with 3sets of 10-8-8 reps. For the small muscle groups, I did 3-4 diff. exercises with 3 sets of also 10--8-8 reps. Remember to protein up postworkout. Try to fit in some kind of cardio of at least 20 minutes. You can start from there.
January 10, 2008 @ 01:50 AM
gb

Right now I'm just drinking protein shakes post-session. In about a week my friend and I are going to give the p90x a try. My dad bought it and it's just been sitting there, so why not make it a new years resolution.
January 10, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
James Bond 007

If you dont have a lot of time to workout dont fuck with creatine. You have to workout a lot to get that to work properly.

Just workout once every other day to give your muscles time to replenish themselves, and during the whole time consume a lot of protein. Consume about 1.5 x your weight in grams every day. So if you are 150 lbs. take about 225 grams of protein a day. This way you can gain muscle super quick and muscles will heal a lot quicker.

And just go with what PAVED said about the actual workout regimine
January 11, 2008 @ 10:13 AM
jgoldson

My brother works out a lot and he has gained a lot of muscle in the past year from using creatine and taking in a lot of protein. But don't take creatine unless you are really doing intense workouts 3-4 times a week. I would suggest a good protein powder to take before, during and after workouts to really capitalize on muscle recovery and growth. My brother messed around with a few different ones for a while with minimal effects, like Nitrotech and Mesotech. He now uses a powder from this company called logic nutrition and he loves it. I've never had it, but he claims it also tastes pretty good.
January 11, 2008 @ 12:04 PM
unknown force.

if you take creatine make sure you drink a lot of water. if you are trying to get in shape you should be drinking around a gallon+ of water a day anyways.
www.bodybuilding.com the forum has a lot of good info and the people are very friendly to helping out
January 11, 2008 @ 10:44 PM
pnsho

This is probably off-topic, but to get a leaner, fitter shape, I would need to remove body fat, right?

So protein is nowhere applicable to what I want: thinner, slimmer, and more cut (not necessarily buff)?
January 12, 2008 @ 10:15 AM
DaVinci

Iw ouldnt take creatine anyway, all it does is expand your muscle fibers with water, and the results from creatine are only temporary. You DEFINETELY need a protein supplement. I recommend Optimum Nutrition which can be purchased from bodybuilding.com in various sizes, at a very affordable price, and much mor ereasonable price than at a local retailer. I do the same type of workout someone mentioned earlier, or several months ago, Chest/Tri's, Back/Arms, Legs/Shoulders. I workout three days a week and do those muscle groups on one of those days. I also usually do 20-30 mins of cardio before my workout. Take protein as soon as you can after your workout, and right before you goto sleep, and right when you wake up as your body is craving some sort of fuelas its been ina catabolic state in your sleep.
January 14, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
604_mike

This is probably off-topic, but to get a leaner, fitter shape, I would need to remove body fat, right?

So protein is nowhere applicable to what I want: thinner, slimmer, and more cut (not necessarily buff)?

No you couldnt be more wrong. Ive been cutting right now for 7 weeks on the cutdiet( you can find it on bodybuilding.com) and ive lost 30 lbs. And basically all i eat is protien, a little fibrous carbs, and fats. You cannot maintain muscle without protien. Whats the point of being lean without muscle?( idont see one anyway)

& to the op, MAN UP. Just go to the gym, once you get in a routine it only becomes hard NOT to go to the gym. Ive been going steadily for the last 3 yrs through having 2 children, at one point 4 jobs, school and all that shit. If its something you want to be serious about youll find the time.Oh and dont wory about supps, just take a good protien powder like ON like dude said. And eat alot of clean foods. ALOT, a beginner who eats right and enough can make monstrous gains in a year. like 40+ lbs of muscle no lie.
January 15, 2008 @ 01:30 PM
jgoldson

I agree with that. I shouldn't have said that before about creatine because although my brother has had some success building muscle with it, it is not really the best thing in the world for your overall health. You can definitely gain good muscle mass by lifting weights consisently each week and through proper nutrition that includes the things already mentioned here: a lot of protein, good fats, high fiber and a moderate amount of carbs. I do think it is necessary to supplement protein powder or a protein shake with your diet because it is hard to eat all of the food you would need to reach the proper amount of protein to add muscle.
January 15, 2008 @ 05:53 PM
pnsho

No you couldnt be more wrong. Ive been cutting right now for 7 weeks on the cutdiet( you can find it on bodybuilding.com) and ive lost 30 lbs. And basically all i eat is protien, a little fibrous carbs, and fats. You cannot maintain muscle without protien. Whats the point of being lean without muscle?( idont see one anyway)

Yeah, specifically I wanna aim for a six-pack. So what you're saying is getting muscle will in turn produce a six-pack? And eating protein (and the things you suggested) will help towards that?
January 15, 2008 @ 07:05 PM
JLASA

Definately, working out alot and drinking protein can only do so much. if you wanna see good results eating proper and healthy is a big part
January 15, 2008 @ 08:28 PM
jessejessej

Yea drink alot of water..eat alot (you'll be hungry if you hit the gym hard)..PAVED's routine is almost exactly what i do and im pretty buff..if you don't feel sore the next day hit it harder..in a month you'll see a difference..go natural don't be a bitch
January 15, 2008 @ 09:42 PM
JLASA

lmao "go natural don't be a bitch"
January 16, 2008 @ 01:43 AM
Sea-town

I've cycled creatine on and off for 6 or so months and it really does help. I would get a few months of solid routine workouts before you start fucking with to many supplements, just so you have a base level of fitness to work off of. Creatine is something that needs to be cycled, I reccomend three weeks on and one week off.

Protein and water intake are essential, and are much more important than any supplements you can take. If you really want to get in shape, you have to change your lifestyle. I drink a protein shake when my friends eat dessert, and go to the gym when they play video games. In the end, it all pays off.
January 17, 2008 @ 01:53 AM
JLASA

yeh i took creatine in the summer for ball. made me much more explosive definately. also got me more cut
January 18, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
604_mike

That's a lie. Do you even know what 40lbs. of muscle looks like?

whey protein is the key to gaining weight. Eat healthy and workout hard.[/QUOTE

No, its not a lie. Most people dont think it's possible because most people wont/cant/dont put in enough hard work at the gym or more importantly the kitchen.
A scrawny ectomorph who has never lifted before who eats RIGHT AND ENOUGH and trains hard can easily obtain this. A dude ive been training went from 160, to 210 and maintained his body fat level within 8 months.
January 18, 2008 @ 09:40 PM
604_mike

Yeah, specifically I wanna aim for a six-pack. So what you're saying is getting muscle will in turn produce a six-pack? And eating protein (and the things you suggested) will help towards that?

You already have a "six pack" everyone does. Its just most have a layer of fat obove them. You cannot spot reduce fat; meaning that if you want to have ripped abbs. You need to first remove any excess fat from on top of them, then you need to "tone" them to get them to "pop" this can be done by doing anysort of ab-excersize really. Theres a million and one ways to work out abs.
January 18, 2008 @ 09:51 PM
pnsho

You already have a "six pack" everyone does. Its just most have a layer of fat obove them. You cannot spot reduce fat; meaning that if you want to have ripped abbs. You need to first remove any excess fat from on top of them, then you need to "tone" them to get them to "pop" this can be done by doing anysort of ab-excersize really. Theres a million and one ways to work out abs.

Lol, yeah, man. I know. It's just I had them this summer and the outline was there. I basically starved myself and played sports/worked out for 8 hours everyday.

I lost it now because I have hardly any time to hit the gym, but I will. It's just now I have to eat correctly since I can't make up for 8 hours a day working out.
January 19, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
DaVinci

damn homie 8hrs a day,and you were starving yourself? you should still be slightly anorexic from a summer of that routine.
January 19, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
pnsho

damn homie 8hrs a day,and you were starving yourself? you should still be slightly anorexic from a summer of that routine.

It went something like this.

7AM - 12PM - Tennis training
4PM - 5PM - Hit the gym
6PM - 9PM - Swim team practice

So, actually, 9 hours. In between I'd only drink water. I'm upset I let myself lose it, but I knew it was bound to happen, what with school and stress.
January 21, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
DaVinci

that sounds like bull shit, I've got friends that play college football, basketball and tennis and neither of their schools ever train them that hard, and they are collegiate athletes. And especially if you werent eating in between there,, I dont think you would have the energy to do tha.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
pnsho

that sounds like bull shit, I've got friends that play college football, basketball and tennis and neither of their schools ever train them that hard, and they are collegiate athletes. And especially if you werent eating in between there,, I dont think you would have the energy to do tha.

I took 1-hour naps in between swimming and hitting the gym.

And yes, I did have the energy to do it. All I needed was water and a banana.
January 22, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
Sea-town

That banana is the key. I am now starting the only-banana-and-water diet. Hypebeast approved!
January 22, 2008 @ 01:30 AM
JLASA

lol. how are u eating only a banana and water the whole day? i eat it before basketball games and even after to prevent cramps. but a diet on that shit? thats tough man. you need to get carbs and good fats into ur body. unless you are trying to loose weight?
January 22, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
jgoldson

The only way to naturally gain muscle mass is through eating more protein, good fats and just plain more calories. Do this along with lifting weights and you will see a difference. My brother has been doing this very strictly now for about a year and he put on about 20 pounds of muscle.
January 23, 2008 @ 09:12 AM
kdiddy

The only way to naturally gain muscle mass is through eating more protein, good fats and just plain more calories. Do this along with lifting weights and you will see a difference. My brother has been doing this very strictly now for about a year and he put on about 20 pounds of muscle.

Listen to him. Just find out what your maintainence calorie intake is(how many calories you need to maintain your current weight), then eat 200-500 calories above that. You will want to cut down on your cardio too, most people can't burn fat and gain muscle at the same time. Those things along with about 1-1.5 times you weight in protein will help you out. Also, Creatine can help your progress as well. Do some research on it first though, not all kinds are the same. Some will get you bloated(as said above), some wont, it depends on the delivery system. When I'm trying to gain I use Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate and a NO booster together. But yeah, do your research, there is a lot of false information out there.
January 23, 2008 @ 11:39 AM
A.R.P.

imo head over to bodybuilding.com seriously I doubt skinny 130 pounds hypebeasts can help you with anything here

http://sans-coeur.com

January 23, 2008 @ 02:37 PM
604_mike

You know i was gonna mention somethin abou that too. Why is it all the pics I seem to see in the what you wear posts, and all over the site really, are all the dudes maaaad scrawny. I dont get it? Is there somethin unhip about eating and lifting weights or somthing?
January 23, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
kdiddy

imo head over to bodybuilding.com seriously I doubt skinny 130 pounds hypebeasts can help you with anything here

Good advice, I've learned a shit load over there through out the years.

Please login first to reply.