Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 24, 2007 @ 01:42 PM
pnsho

I've been playing tennis for almost a year and a half. I had this problem back when I was just starting, but now it's come back and gotten worse.

Whenever I play, my fingers start to burn and scar. I've been putting band-aids on them, but they only help a little. Here's what it looks like:

I've noticed that Nadal has band-aids on his fingers when he's playing too. When does this go away and when it does go away, is it gone for good?

It's been hurting my forehand and especially my backhand lately. Thanks.
August 28, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
Gmas

That's the finger at the top of your grip??? Have never seen or heard of this before, but that doesn't really mean much. I'm not on the ATP tour or anything, but hit the ball with a fair amount of pace and have never felt any discomfort or burning sensation in any of my fingers before.

What causes it? Just rubbing against the grip??
August 29, 2007 @ 05:18 PM
DunkPunk

^ ey fuck you!

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

August 30, 2007 @ 09:25 PM
pnsho

That's the finger at the top of your grip??? Have never seen or heard of this before, but that doesn't really mean much. I'm not on the ATP tour or anything, but hit the ball with a fair amount of pace and have never felt any discomfort or burning sensation in any of my fingers before.

What causes it? Just rubbing against the grip??

I think it's because of the rubber grip.
September 2, 2007 @ 09:56 PM
UGK

maybe wear a glove?
September 4, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
shakurlife2

Ive been playing tennis for about 5-6 years and never have occured with that problem, try using a more softer grip or a glove may work too.
September 5, 2007 @ 01:23 PM
supreme x jdm

i played tennis on my high school team, and i have never seen anything like that before. maybe your holding the racket too hard and also from the vibrations from hitting the ball? or like what shakurlife2 said, try using the soft gel grips.
September 5, 2007 @ 08:11 PM
pnsho

Yeah, it's getting a little better. My grip on the racket was too tight.
September 6, 2007 @ 12:02 AM
KEMP

^ ey fuck you!

stfu man, dont come in hear if you cant help out.[postwhoring]

try using mole skin to get rid of it..

its like a medicated band-aid.

glove in tennis?
September 9, 2007 @ 03:22 PM
Sk00tZ

I had a simliar problem. I started getting blisters on the palms of my hands. What grip are you using? I had a pretty big forehand with a western grip. I just used some overgrip and it helped out. I think (not totally sure) that a larger grip would help.
September 9, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
pnsho

Oh, nah, man, I don't use a larger grip. This is my racket:

Notice how the overgrip is already peeling off. Probably a sign that I'm holding on too tight?
September 9, 2007 @ 11:29 PM
Sk00tZ

Hehe, nice racket. I used a head too. Although mine didn't have that absorber. Never liked them, made me lose feel and I couldn't play right.

I was just saying that maybe you should start using a larger grip. I was looking at some better players rackets (like my tennis teacher) and they had larger grips. I never asked why, but I assumed that it just feels better when you hit the ball harder. I always noticed that the racket would move around in my hand a lot and I had to adjust my grip a lot.

But that's just my guess. Maybe talk to a guy at your local tennis shop, I'm sure they could give better advice than I could.
September 10, 2007 @ 04:34 PM
pnsho

Yeah, definitely.

I know this tennis instructor who uses the new Head Liquid Gel racket, and it has about the same, if not a little bit bigger, grip like mine's.

It feels funny when I hold a larger grip, so yeah, I'll find another racket suitable for me. As I'm getting better, I'll move on to a better brand, like Wilson or Babolat.
September 10, 2007 @ 04:47 PM
pnsho

Yeah, see, that's the problem. I always switch up the grips on my racket. One time, I hold it with an Eastern grip, and then somehow, the next I'm holding a Extreme Western grip.
September 12, 2007 @ 12:33 AM
KEMP

try a semi-western its like a mixture of both east and west

im use to the Continental
September 17, 2007 @ 06:42 PM
shakurlife2

Maybe your grip is too soft making friction between your hand and the raquet. But across time to time some blisters may show up. I just use regular white wilson over grip. There might be something wrong with your form if you changing
your grip so randomly.

Please login first to reply.