Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 5, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
jgoldson

My boyfriend watched that fight on Saturday night and he said that Brock Lesnar would eventually be a very good fighter, but he just needs to get a few matches behind him first.
February 18, 2008 @ 07:55 PM
Big_peezy

Brock was a disappointment if only he didnt hit the back of mirs head it woulda been over!

yo what you guys think about kimbo slice? neone check out
him and abbott?
February 18, 2008 @ 09:16 PM
Hush

the Kimbo slice fight was nothing special essentially a 1 min street fight that he should have won... You could barely call it MMA. It really didn't show any progression of Kimbo's skills that people were hoping to see. Now don't get me wrong, its not like I dislike Kimbo he's got great punching power I just think he has no real MMA skills and is really just a gimmick. The dude is 34 or 35 and just started training in MMA for about a year, so i really question his ability to attain the skills necessary to be a heavyweight threat plus his longevity in the sport also comes into question. It really doesn't help that the Elite XLC pairs him off with a bunch of scrubs like Cantrell and Abbott only to build up his status, at least UFC had the balls to pair Brock with Mir. All in all until Kimbo fights someone worth mentioning and shows some real skills I won't take him serious in this sport.
February 19, 2008 @ 12:56 AM
Hush

I should cut him some slack but as you mentioned XLC has been hyping him too much and its kinda pissing me off. I'm one of the few people who had seen Kimbo's underground fights (ie. like a week ago) after his fight with Bo and honestly I expected more from Kimbo especially being coached by El Guapo. his strength which is supposed to be his stand up is very bad. His punching is still wild and sloppy with little variation in body placement... he's lucky Tank is slower then molasses. His head movement needs plenty of work (no way you pull your head back to dodge straight punches any good MMA fighter would have seen this and shoot for the takedown and get him to the mat relatively easy). I would say this, he has potential 'cause of his natural brute strength and powerful physique but he's going to need years of experience before he can hang with the big boys and given his age it might be too late.
February 19, 2008 @ 06:50 PM
chopstickthugz

last fight with Tank, ive heard Kimbo didnt stick with his game plan... kimbo has not shown his full potentials in MMA despite the fact that he trains with BAS!

did u guys watch Yves Edwards ktfo James with one knee strike to head while defending single leg take down?

that fight was incredible...
February 21, 2008 @ 06:18 AM
Intriago

Edwards-Noons next for the title, Nick Diaz is fighting an opponent who is 6-2.
March 15, 2008 @ 02:21 AM
chopstickthugz

yeah DREAM is coming!!! and i would love to see this new japanese organization. not mention, it brings old Pride essence back to MMA game!!!

about the rules
no soccer kicks, no stomping but if both fighters are downed then they are allowed to kick to the face which means they allow fighters to fight off from their guards like upkicks

basically vale tudo kicks which i LOVE TO see, i got so fuckin' sick of watching UFC fights where they dont allow vale tudo kicks so eventually both fighters end up staying in their guards throughout the whole rounds... probably because UFC heavily favors wrestlers

*to those who still havent get the idea of Vale Tudo kicks then check out the fight between Anderson "Spider" Silva vs Yushin Okami where Anderson Silva got disqualified for the vale tudo kicks which is TOTAL BS to me

anyways it will be INTERESTING to see this new japanese organization!!!
March 15, 2008 @ 07:20 AM
Intriago

Damn, I was very dissapointed with the JZ fight.
March 19, 2008 @ 05:15 AM
chopstickthugz

yeah all the matches really didnt live upto the hype

JZ-Aoki match, man aoki is a lil pussy... this isnt first time this has happened to him i meant no contest

Jung Bu Kyung clearly showed inexprience in MMA

the match i liked was Joachim Hanson against Kotetsu Boku... that was some crazy match man... it showed Hanson is the shit and he's pretty good on the ground too but Boku has a warrior spirit, he never gave up. from the mma news, since he lost 2 or 3 matches straight he's considering to retire. i really he doesnt do that

crocop even winning the match didnt really remove his grief on his face... i felt kind of sad. as soon as the match is over he signed. i hope he comes back strong or retire without any regrets i cant bare to see my once hero falling anymore
March 28, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
XionGlydius

I'm a jitzer.
March 30, 2008 @ 01:06 AM

Inactive

Cung Le destroyed Frank.. just taking those kicks to the head!!!!
March 30, 2008 @ 02:53 AM
chopstickthugz

yep, frank got his ass handled but i like the fact he tried to stand-up against the STAND-UP guy

i like how Cung Lee could utilizes his kicks that are quite simple n his tradional style (San Shou) that not many ppl are familiar with

i have to admit i do see some holes in Cung Lee's game. he did bad in a clinch against shamrock's knees

Frank shouldve at least went for a takedown... it sure wouldve been much easier for him but Frank shamrock does whatever he wants

I really want to see the rematch between these two warriors!
March 30, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
Janavar

JZ and Aoki should just have a rematch in the second round...that is, if Caol Uno and Shaolin don't enter the tournament.
March 30, 2008 @ 07:56 PM
chopstickthugz

JZ and Aoki should just have a rematch in the second round...that is, if Caol Uno and Shaolin don't enter the tournament.

i thought that's what they decided to do... am i right???

speakin of japanese MMA, Sengoku is putting Roger Gracie in their next event and we'll get a chance to watch kevin Randleman too!!!

Roger Gracie has A LOT of potential, once again Gracie's done it
April 9, 2008 @ 01:12 AM
chopstickthugz

okay guys ready??? here it is!!!

FEDOR VS TIM SYLVIA in July, 19th

get ready people this is going to be great!
April 13, 2008 @ 11:56 AM
Janavar

Did anyone watch the Yokohama GP?

Mark Hunt sad
April 16, 2008 @ 08:35 AM
kdiddy

okay guys ready??? here it is!!!

FEDOR VS TIM SYLVIA in July, 19th

get ready people this is going to be great!

I've been waiting for this for a while now. Sylvia's been talking all kinds of shit about Fedor the last couple of years. I'm hoping Sylvia loses by knockout.
April 24, 2008 @ 12:45 AM
chopstickthugz

Did anyone watch the Yokohama GP?

Mark Hunt sad

yeah i did... it was disappointing, i was hoping Mark would give Semmy some troubles but instead, semmy knowing the fact that it would be almost impossible to knock him down so he goes for a liver then DING 1st round TKO. if mark tried he couldve at least gone to 2nd round for god sake. anyways i was happy to see mark back in the action. oh yeah Semmy is invincible on feet so K-1 asked him to part take in DREAM

Sad day for old K-1 fighters... T.T impressive win by Badr Hari over Ray Sefo. i hope Badr Hari becomes next threat against semmy.

New brazillian karateka made his debut against yosuke (cant remember his name) who is very good but 2008 Kyokushin Karate champ knows how to fight then he knocks him out cold. obviously he still needs to improve his boxing skills

I've been waiting for this for a while now. Sylvia's been talking all kinds of shit about Fedor the last couple of years. I'm hoping Sylvia loses by knockout.

yes, ive heard sylvia takin trash but what he said was true in a way. Tim said, Fedor hasnt been active against top 10 ranked fighters which i believe true but just because of that, i dont think anyone could just overview Fedor's impressive legacy. I'm pulling for Fedor obviously but i expect Tim to be as a troublesome.
May 3, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
scfdefinit

yes, ive heard sylvia takin trash but what he said was true in a way. Tim said, Fedor hasnt been active against top 10 ranked fighters which i believe true but just because of that, i dont think anyone could just overview Fedor's impressive legacy. I'm pulling for Fedor obviously but i expect Tim to be as a troublesome.

It's true that he hasn't been active as of late but Fedor will train seriously for this fight. No one can deny that the man is a beast. Can't wait to see this.
May 3, 2008 @ 03:35 PM
liquidlexus

fuckk i need HdNet to be on comcast already.
May 8, 2008 @ 06:14 PM
Iggle

Not gunna read through 20 pages so I'm not sure if anyone's posted links to watch fights, but MMATKO.com is a good place to go. They don't stream fights, but they post stuff up really quickly.

#pedogangweindis

May 25, 2008 @ 12:41 AM

Inactive

^ haha.. Wanderlei is getting up there but still good regardless.
May 25, 2008 @ 12:44 AM
chopstickthugz

didnt see UFC 84 just yet!
but since i havent been post here for a while let me give u a brief MMA scene right now

DREAM 3 Light weight GP, Uno chocked out Ishida which i didnt expect.
Joachim Hanson vs Eddie Alverez is centaintly the nominee of the best fight of the year
Melvin's second knee strike to the back of the head was totally illegal

so Kawajiri, Caol Uno, Eddie Alverez, and the winner between some wrestler vs Aoki shinya will be finalist

DREAM 4 Middle weight GP matches will be
Melvin Manhoef (21-4-1) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (24-10-1)
Gegard Mousasi (21-2-1) vs. Dong Sik Yoon (4-4)
Ronaldo "Jacare" de Souza (8-1) vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (21-5)
Zelg Galesic (8-3) vs. Taiei Kin (3-2)

Sengoku 2
Josh totally dominated Jeff Monson on the ground n on the feet. i really liked how josh was going for spinning back kick n he said he was trying to re-act the Semmy's spinning back kick to Mark Hunt. Roger Gracie totally dominated Yuki Condo which i think mismatch. Kevin Randleman is back too!~~~

oh yeah guys dont sleep on AFFLICTION BANNED best cards of the year! oh yeah im going to the event AHHAHAHHAH and of course, im going to see Josh Barnett n Fedor

check out mmascraps.com and cagepotato.com as well!!!
May 25, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
Hush

^^^ anywhere you go, you're going to find fans who jumped on the bandwagon so that's pretty much a moot point. Plus who knows when you'll see a card like this again, it looks like Affliction is blowing there entire wad on one event

Fedor - Slvia
Barnett - Rizzo
Rothwell - Arlovski
Alek Emileanko (Spconfused - ???
Matt Lindland - ???
Whitehead - Babalu

PS. anyone watch UFC yesterday? care to comment on Penn wanting to fight GSP next? personally would rather see Penn fight winner of Florian and Huerta as well Tyson Griffin before moving on.
May 26, 2008 @ 05:20 PM
Janavar

^gsp would snap penn in half...

and machida basically owns
May 27, 2008 @ 04:51 AM
chopstickthugz

i dont know if u guys seen the undercard fights but they are definitely worth to watch! good day for asian fighters n some judo skills. i personally think Judo n Muay Thai could be the best combination for MMA

Thiago Silva is the beast shit... he got rocked hard then carefully compose himself then GNP! i love his pose after the fight. im really look forward to see him again n ive heard he left Chute Boxe n training at the American Top Team

idk, im not a big fan of Penn. and Sherk had a bad fight plan. he just assume he wanted to show that he isnt just a Lay n Pound fighter, but with his short reach, he thought he was going to beat PENN??? Penn that egomaniac. i hope he stays in the lightweight cuz they are good challenges ahead for him

dont need to say Wandelei is a WARRIOR! i knew right away he is ready with his shaved head. ive heard Randy was cornering him, but was not allowed to step into the octogon. hopefully in the future, Randy will set good game plans for Silva instead of too much WAR

DANA is a lil bitch and apparently i wasnt the only one who thought so
www.mmatko.com/tito-dana-is-my-bitch-t-shirt-video/#more-1483

fuck him for not even letting Tito into the interviews afterward... very fucked up. scary lil bitch hiding in the back. btw Keith only got paid 10,000... i think he deserves more than that and i hope to see more from him. he does have potential no doubt

Machida needs to step up and finish fights! a fighter who doesnt seek to finish the fight aint a fighter! although i gotta admit i like his techniques and was impressed. he did switch kick n brazillian kick. i was rootin for Machida then i changed my mind after seein him fight and the moment tito got the triangle was like WTF WTF WTF SHIT! almost shit in my pants.

*hahahhaha after the brutal KO by Wandelie silva, i wonder what was goin through Quinton's head LOL he's in big trouble now! Machida, Chuck, and Silva are going after him. it'll be very interesting
May 27, 2008 @ 12:50 PM
Citizen-16657

I am a big Pulver fan but Faber is gonna fuck him up I think......ehhhsad
May 27, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
Janavar

Faber seems too young and athletic for Pulver...but Pulver could get a flash ko with one of his punches
May 28, 2008 @ 03:18 PM
XionGlydius

anderson silva

vs

bj penn

that would make my day.
May 28, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
chopstickthugz

it certainly is the biggest matchup for the feather weight! Urijah is good no doubt about it. i mean he's a champ and he trained with BJ for this fight, but im going to root for LIL EVIL! he's skinny but certainly has a KO power

oh yeah Ben Rothwell vs Andrei Arlovski match has confirmed for the Affliction BANNED
this event will solve many unsolved questions among the heavyweights! on the side note, UFC's heavyweight is officially CRAP! expect Minotauro

Please login first to reply.